Author Topic: The Mole: Episode 1 Discussion  (Read 14624 times)

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Mole: Episode 1 Discussion
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2008, 11:57:52 PM »
So what did y'all think? A good start? What about Kelley as host?

I loved the locations, thought the challenge was fun and creative, and **sigh** I miss Anderson... :'(

I liked Kelley, change is good. I thought he seemed relax and showed his own personality, he was being himself.

I would have liked to see more interaction of the contestants, a 2 hour premiere would have been fine with me.  :funny:

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2008, 12:48:48 AM »
a 2 hour premiere would have been fine with me.  :funny:

Yeah!  Who needs that extra hour of The Bachelorette anyways?   :res:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2008, 01:32:52 AM »
a 2 hour premiere would have been fine with me.  :funny:

Yeah!  Who needs that extra hour of The Bachelorette anyways?   :res:

I agree the 1 hour flew by
There is still a system overload at The Mole's site to play the game  (:;) oh well I guess that's a good sign
I can't wait to hear what the ratings were like  :jumpy:

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2008, 09:01:32 AM »
I forgot about this show last night! Dang I am going to have to remember

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2008, 09:11:39 AM »
Morning Texan!

You can watch it here at ABC:

http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/landing

And if any of our out of country viewers need a link to watch, please PM me... ;)
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2008, 02:25:59 PM »
So what did y'all think? A good start? What about Kelley as host?

I loved the locations, thought the challenge was fun and creative, and **sigh** I miss Anderson... :'(

I liked Kelley, change is good. I thought he seemed relax and showed his own personality, he was being himself.

I would have liked to see more interaction of the contestants, a 2 hour premiere would have been fine with me.  :funny:

I wasn't that impressed with the show and think maybe you are right 2 hours would have made it much better.  I'll keep up with it but it has to get much better in order to keep me interested.  It was too fast and not enough depth!  And by the looks of these bumbling idiots 1/2 of them could be the mole  :funny:  That was a joke so please don't get mad!  :lol:

Offline Bugsy

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2008, 03:13:20 PM »
It was too fast and not enough depth!  And by the looks of these bumbling idiots 1/2 of them could be the mole  :funny:  That was a joke so please don't get mad!  :lol:

As the number of players drops, you get more depth each show.

And it's true about 1/2 of them acting like bumbling idiots, but even for the non-mole players, they want to throw off the others so they'll intentionally make mistakes. If they have someone else convinced they're the mole, that's one more person that'll get kicked off before them.

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2008, 03:16:35 PM »
It was too fast and not enough depth!  And by the looks of these bumbling idiots 1/2 of them could be the mole  :funny:  That was a joke so please don't get mad!  :lol:

As the number of players drops, you get more depth each show.

And it's true about 1/2 of them acting like bumbling idiots, but even for the non-mole players, they want to throw off the others so they'll intentionally make mistakes. If they have someone else convinced they're the mole, that's one more person that'll get kicked off before them.

Hi Bugsy!

Ya as I was typing that I was thinking when the pool of people goes down the show will probably get much more interesting so I guess I'll show one of my virtues and be patient because I really do love the show!  :js:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2008, 03:24:41 PM »
deleted scenes are up~

http://abc.go.com/primetime/themole/index?pn=index

Intro (when ready)

« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 03:31:58 PM by puddin »

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2008, 05:35:54 PM »
Jon Kelly seems much better than Ahmad Rashad (then again, that's probably not too hard to do) but there aren't many people who can touch Anderson Cooper.  I remember his comment in Season 2 to Ali and Patrick, "Come on down!  You're the next contestants on Public Humiliation!"   :funny:

Belle Book

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2008, 04:45:27 PM »
 :waves: Hello Everyone! so glad that the mole is on  BUT it wasn't satisfying for me! I guess i had high hopes that the first episode would WOW me.  but of course that may take some time since ABC wants to see if they have the ratings after their 4 yr nap!

As far as the contestants go, I am gonna say that they guy from Yonkers is the mole strictly because i lived there for over 20 yrs and never met one person that was "stand up and truthful!" and being from the Bronx  I can say it's the worst attribute  that Yonkers has!

I look forward to hearing everyone's input and glad to be back on the board ! :waves:
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline twinkletoes

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2008, 07:05:55 AM »
I enjoyed the first episode!  I like the concept that no one can gang up on someone to evict them - it is determined by how well they are catching the clues and figuring things out.  I do miss Anderson Cooper though.  Jon Kelly is still in a trial period for me!   :funny:

Not sure if Paul is from Yonkers but that is who I am thinking it is.  During the execution he just seemed way to phoney to me with his relief over being safe!
Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2008, 09:46:37 AM »
yes Twinkletoes Paul is from Yonkers. I swear there's something in the water over there that makes MOST of the people I have met either  socially or work that I always say to them" what the !@#$% is wrong with you? how do you process things!Where are you VALUES and MORALS!" :pull  In his bio it says he doesn't know when to shut up. another typical trait! LOL And how he came across on the tv was just cocky and untrusting to me.

I do miss Anderson Cooper as the host!
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline SeldomSeen

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2008, 03:00:50 PM »
During the introduction as the narrator is walking along the water fall he soon begins to talk about the Mole. You then see pictures of buildings as he is talking. It's kinda hard to see because it flashes by so fast but as the narrator says "One of them is being paid to deceive" a message flashes across the left side of the screen for a split second. I was able to find the intro on You Tube (The mole Season 5 open). I slowed the picture done as much as I could. The message is hard to read but I think one of the words is 'Chicago'. There also seems to be a date 12.7.1970. Not sure if this is a clue or if the producers are trying to deceive us.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2008, 11:15:40 PM »
The message is hard to read...
I tried to get the best caps I could in this album (stats1 and stats2). The Chicago one can be read, but the Los Angeles one is a little fuzzier. There are also some other caps from the episode and promos.