Author Topic: Big Brother 10 News  (Read 74338 times)

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
Re: Big Brother 10 News
« Reply #175 on: July 07, 2008, 09:26:33 PM »
puddin :jam: :hearts:
cant wait to update with you guys
i need to make up for bb9 hahah

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #176 on: July 07, 2008, 09:36:16 PM »

Yes you do and I'm saving this.. just in case Michael.  ;)

:lol:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline sass

• Big Brother Updaters
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #177 on: July 07, 2008, 09:41:19 PM »

Yes you do and I'm saving this.. just in case Michael.  ;)

:lol:

TL I am not even sure if your saving it will help. ;) You might need to find some dirt on Michael and hold that over his head.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #178 on: July 08, 2008, 12:51:54 AM »
Remember everyone--cast reveal on The Early Show at 8:45!! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jill_

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #179 on: July 08, 2008, 01:01:35 AM »
 :lock :lock :dance:
Jill

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #180 on: July 08, 2008, 01:18:25 AM »
HOUSE GUEST VIDEOS COMING UP:
http://cbs2.com/bigbrother

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #181 on: July 08, 2008, 01:43:16 AM »
Jerry is 75 making him oldest right and the 53 year old New Orleans socialite is which houseguest
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #182 on: July 08, 2008, 09:56:45 AM »
I have their names memorized already, matching their faces. I'm ready for Sunday.

The houseguests should be entering the house this afternoon at approximately 5:30pm BB time and we should expect the group picture taken at either the hot tub or pool to be released tomorrow evening as that is always taken on the first night in the BB house.

I think this is an impressive looking cast so I'm really hopeful that it will be a good season. Based on the wide range of ages and their bios, I think we will see lots of conflicts and clashes of the variety of personalities.

BRING IT ON, BIG BROTHER 10! Don't disappoint us this time.......   

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #183 on: July 08, 2008, 10:03:40 AM »
Me too Will but Michelle isn't sticking out for me but thats about it.
eta: oh and Memphis, I hope he has a nic name.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 01:43:49 PM by puddin »

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #184 on: July 08, 2008, 10:34:59 AM »

Whoever made that spelled Brian's name wrong, it's with an I , not a Y

Ollie's name is Bryan but because of the other Brian, they will go by his last name.

I wonder why Memphis is his nickname, must be for some reason as his real name is Robert.

After hearing for a while that there would be two gay guys, it looks like Steven is the only one.

I have no favorite yet after seeing the pictures and bios, I guess I will have one after seeing them in action on After Dark.

Offline BamBam

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #185 on: July 08, 2008, 11:21:42 AM »

Ollie's name is Bryan but because of the other Brian, they will go by his last name.

I wonder why Memphis is his nickname, must be for some reason as his real name is Robert.

After hearing for a while that there would be two gay guys, it looks like Steven is the only one.

I have no favorite yet after seeing the pictures and bios, I guess I will have one after seeing them in action on After Dark.

Don't ask me why I think this, but do any of you think there is a chance that Ollie might be gay too?  Especially since they have led us to believe there would be 2 gay guys?  Maybe I am just reaching.

And thanks for the pics with the names attached.  Going to have to study that for a while and try to remember them all.  I am just happy they are at least a little older, not the really young 20 somethings.  There are two houseguests that have the same birth dates at my kids, so that stuck out to me. 

I am so excited for this to get going!

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 08, 2008, 11:26:16 AM »
CBS2  has videos of people actually living in the house

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 08, 2008, 11:32:32 AM »
i saw purple bubbles on the TV screen in the living room in one of the CBS2 videos haha maybe that will be what we see this time when the feeds cut!

Offline BamBam

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #188 on: July 08, 2008, 11:34:40 AM »
I hope they have the piggies again, or at least some other pet.  I was really suprised at how entertaining they were.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #189 on: July 08, 2008, 11:56:02 AM »

:waves: that would be me  :lol:, I'll fix it later.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #190 on: July 08, 2008, 12:11:46 PM »
I hope they have the piggies again, or at least some other pet.  I was really suprised at how entertaining they were.

They were the highlight of Season 9 and the only part I loved! I think they should be a permanent fixture, myself.... GP's rule! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline BamBam

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #191 on: July 08, 2008, 01:00:31 PM »

They were the highlight of Season 9 and the only part I loved! I think they should be a permanent fixture, myself.... GP's rule! :lol:

I totally 100% agree!  :jam:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #192 on: July 08, 2008, 01:06:42 PM »
HOUSE GUEST VIDEOS COMING UP:

I Got 'Slop' Happy In The 'Big Brother 10' House
 SLIDESHOW: 8 Journalists Move Into the 'Big Brother 10' House
 Reporting
Jenn McBride STUDIO CITY Those who know me best know that I eat like a guy. Maybe even two guys put together. My friend, Alan, brings sinfully delicious apple fritters to work every few weeks and I often eat two of them. With my lunch. Heck, I even had a piece of Fisher's doggie Birthday cake last month. Suffice it to say, there isn't much I won't eat. But there is one thing I will never, ever eat again: SLOP.

The only thing worse than eating slop is eating warm slop, and only that, on the hottest day of the year. It was 112 degrees when I, along with seven other journalists, entered the Big Brother 10 house for 12 grueling hours of games, backstabbing and the most unappetizing menu known to mankind. (Or dogs for that matter. For the record, Fisher, your cake was MUCH better.) From the Head of Household (HoH) and Power of Veto (PoV) competitions to alliances and even a shocking eviction, we did it all.

Although I work just yards from the house on the CBS lot in Studio City, they were kind enough to take us over to the set on golf carts. During that short ride, I met two other contestants, Brian Gianelli, a producer for of Yahoo! TV, and Kyle Buchanan of The Advocate. All slightly nervous and unsure of what was to come, we immediately established the "golf cart alliance" or GCA. Little did we know, 11 hours later, one of us would betray another, who was ultimately evicted.

We met up with the other five contestants, were gratefully assured the bathroom cameras would be turned off during press day, and all entered the house. As great as it looks on camera, the set is very much like a bunker and is not as comfortable or inviting in person. An abundance of double-sided mirrors, a dark screen shutting out light from the backyard during lockdowns, and the noise of cameras shifting to capture your every move all make for a surprisingly cold environment.

But cold certainly wasn't a word we used very often, if at all, that day. The HoH competition was absolutely brutal in the sweltering heat. Even more awful was being eliminated on the first majority rules question. Entertainment Tonight host and correspondent Kevin Frazier was crowned HoH and immediately forced to put half the house on slop. As previously stated, yours truly was subjected to such misery. The other "sloppies" included Kyle, press day bad boy Reagan Alexander of People, and in a surprise move, Kevin humbly jumped on the bandwagon. He's clearly crazy. (Please note the green HoH robe he wore for the ENTIRE day.)

Kyle was the first to dive into the cauldron of warm goo that Big Brother kindly left on the table for us. "It tastes like warm oatmeal mixed with clay," he muttered, clearly wishing he had a spittoon in hand. I was next. Kyle's description could not have been more accurate. But the worst thing about slop is that it gets more disgusting with every bite. You almost think you can stomach it at first, but the fact that it tastes like wet concrete mixed with Play-Doh makes it impossible to bear. The color is equally unappetizing: it looks like a cross between the greenish slime from Nickelodeon's You Can't Do That On Television and guacamole. In my desperation, I tried to make cookies for the four of us, but the slop just wouldn't bake. It also hardened after being left on the counter for hours. All of this made me wish I would have eaten more Krispy Kreme donuts when they were provided for us hours before. Kyle conceded to eat brown sugar, soy sauce and ketchup for lunch. Kevin just didn't eat. Reagan licked dabs of hot sauce and in his anger, tore apart Mike and Ike candies and stuck them on Kevin's picture, making a handsome headshot look like a frightening 3D version of Ronald McDonald. It's easy to see why Kevin later nominated him for eviction.

As bad as slop was, it's even more painful to see my experience on video. Twelve hours in the house and we were all given just 19 minutes of footage. A decent chunk of that footage includes me reading the nutritional information for slop. And I look BRILLIANT. (Note: The people who look stupid on reality TV shows may have only acted dumb (or in my case, completely clueless) for one minute during filming and that's all you see (unless they really are THAT stupid like The Hills' Heidi and Spencer).

After my horrendous lunch, TV Guide senior correspondent Zoe Alexander Levin and I suffered a humiliating loss in the PoV contest. She just couldn't get her footing while carrying 20 + cups of orange-colored water across a balance beam. Can you blame her? But we were happy to see that Gretchen Massey, who hosts House Calls on CBS.com, and Brian had won. Brian took a $500 prize and Gretchen, who was on the block as a pawn to help evict house outcast Reagan, took the Golden PoV. Gretchen shockingly chose to save Reagan and Kevin then put Brian on the block. It was at this time that the GCA had a special meeting in which Brian wanted to affirm our support for him. Kyle pledged his loyalty, provided Brian wear a pink poodle cape, which was really a hideous comforter from one of the bedrooms. I, too, vowed to support Brian. But shortly after our meeting, TV Week columnist Joe Adalian informed me that Brian had suggested nominating me for eviction earlier in the day. Feeling betrayed, I cast my vote to evict Brian in the diary room. Only one person voted to evict Gretchen (Kyle stuck with his poodle cape promise) and Brian was evicted. I was later informed that he never said any such thing to Joe and the two of them were still disputing this as we left the lot. Someone better fess up!

When I finally in got back to my car that night, I felt as if I'd pulled into the parking structure a lifetime ago. I would not survive an entire season in that house, especially not without my husband. I have a new respect for Big Brother contestants and will now pray daily for those who are forced to endure slop for an extended period of time. I am quite glad to back on my side of the CBS lot, at CBS 2 /KCAL 9, where I'm allowed to read the news, surf the Internet and eat whatever I want -- even if it's dog cake.

http://cbs2.com/local/Big.Brother.Slop.2.765660.html

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #193 on: July 08, 2008, 01:07:15 PM »
moving this here~

Meet the 'Big Brother 10' cast

By DERRIK J. LANG
AP Entertainment Writer

Posted: Today at 4:06 a.m.
Updated: 49 minutes ago

STUDIO CITY, Calif. — "Big Brother 10" is returning to its roots.

The claustrophobic CBS reality show is sealing 13 actual strangers - no ex lovers, secret twin partners or long-lost siblings this time - inside a makeshift house on a Studio City soundstage for the chance to be the last houseguest standing and take home the $500,000 grand prize.

"There's somebody for everyone in this cast," executive producer Allison Grodner recently told The Associated Press at CBS Radford Studios. "It's going to be interesting to see people that come from such opposite worlds living together, which has always been a part of this show, but this season, we really do have our most diverse group ever."

The contestants - which will include a gay bull rider, a Hooters waitress, a professional bodybuilder and a 75-year-old former Marine - will spend the summer competing in challenges and evicting each other while being monitored by over 50 cameras. It's the first time since the show's third season that the houseguests are all strangers.

"When approaching this season, we wanted to look at what made this spark and last for 10 seasons," said Grodner, who's worked on "Big Brother" since the second season. "Every season had its unique twist. I think, in a way, going back to basics and having the cast be all strangers is part of the twist of '10.' Of course, there will be more."

In last season's first-ever winter edition of "Big Brother," which was quickly put into production because of the writers strike, contestants were partnered with each other and evicted as pairs for the first four weeks of competition. Grodner said a new "Big Brother 10" gameplay twist would be introduced during the premiere episode on July 13.

"It's really a power-play," teased Grodner. "The game will actually start before they enter the house."

In recent seasons, contestants have come under fire outside the house for controversial remarks made inside the house. During the eighth season, Amber Siyavus said that Jewish people tend to be "really money-hungry" and "selfish." Last season's winner Adam Jasinski was fired by a nonprofit autism organization because he used the word "retards."

"Those types of comments are not something we want to happen," said Grodner. "It's a live show. It's not censored on the Internet. These are real people. We aren't telling them what to say, but we're not telling them what not to say either. Things do happen. We, of course, can choose what we put in the show, and we do so carefully."

This season's contestants seem to be more aware of the repercussions of their actions from the outset. Before meeting their competitors or entering the house, the "Big Brother 10" cast was individually interviewed by the AP while they were voluntarily sequestered - no television, newspapers or telephones - from the outside world in a Studio City hotel.

"If you make a mistake and say the wrong things, you may offend people and be known for that forever," said Steven Daigle, a 35-year-old geographic consultant and gay rodeo competitor from Dallas. "People make mistakes. If I do make a mistake, I hope I can learn from it and know that was some part of my life that I was ignorant or uneducated about."

The rooms inside the "Big Brother" house this season will be themed to different decades. The kitchen, for example, resembles a '50s diner while one of the bedrooms is filled with '70s-inspired furnishings. The timeliness extends to this season's crop of contestants. At 75, Gerry MacDonald will be the oldest "Big Brother" houseguest ever.

"Age does not bother me," MacDonald told the AP. "I hope it doesn't bother them."

Libra Thompson, a married 31-year-old human resources representative from Spring, Texas, left behind her husband and three children - including 4-month-old twins - to participate in "Big Brother 10." During production, Thompson and the other "Big Brother" contestants are prohibited from communicating with the outside world.

"It's better for me that they're younger," said Thompson of her newborns. "At four months old, they're not going to remember much. It's probably going to be a little bit more difficult for my 4-year-old. However, I'm going to stay focused and remember the reason I'm here, and that's the cash. That will help me."

Prize money talks.

"I'm motivated because I'm a big fan of the show, but I'm more motivated that I have a chance to win $500,000," said Angie Swindell, a 29-year-old pharmaceutical sales representative from Orlando, Fla. "I just have to keep telling myself that if I start feeling all queasy about the 24-7 thing, there's an end to the means."

April Dowling, a 30-year-old car dealership finance manager from Higley, Ariz., said she doesn't think the "Big Brother" experience will be any more difficult than the time she had to spend 15 days in a "tent city" jail for drunk-driving charges. She also believes living in the house may remedy some of her obsessive-compulsive behaviors.

"I have seen a therapist," said Dowling. "They tried to put me on anti-anxiety medication, but I'm not big on prescription medication. I just don't like to take it. I'm actually hoping the 'Big Brother' experience will be therapeutic. My life will not end if the green beans aren't behind the corn in the pantry."

The 13 contestants of "Big Brother 10" are:

- Michelle Costa, 28, real estate agent from Cumberland, R.I.

- Steven Daigle, 35, geographic consultant from Dallas

- April Dowling, 30, finance manager from Higley, Ariz.

- Robert "Memphis" Garrett, 25, mixologist and party planner from Los Angeles

- Dan Gheesling, 24, high school teacher from Dearborn, Mich.

- Jessie Godderz, 22, bodybuilder from Huntington Beach, Calif.

- Brian Hart, 27, telecommunication account manager from San Francisco

- Gerry MacDonald, 75, retired marketing executive from Magnolia, Texas

- Renny Martyn, 53, hair salon owner from Metairie, La.

- Bryan Ollie, 27, marketing sales representative from Bloomington, Minn.

- Keesha Smith, 29, waitress from Burbank, Calif.

- Angie Swindell, 29, pharmaceutical sales representative from Orlando, Fla.

- Libra Thompson, 31, human resources representative from Spring, Texas

---

CBS is a division of CBS Corp.

CBS/AP

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #194 on: July 08, 2008, 01:08:35 PM »
Big Brother 10’s Gimmick Is Diversity
8-Jul-2008
Written by: C.J. Trent

The new season’s contestants are both diverse and total strangers to each other.

The entertaining, if annoying, CBS reality show, Big Brother, is going “old school” in its latest season. Unlike other seasons where contestants had pre-existing relationships with each other, Season 10 of the reality hit features diverse strangers, according to AP. Among the 13 contestants are a Hooters waitress, a geriatric Marine and a gay bull-rider.

AP quotes executive producer Allison Grodner as saying, “When approaching this season, we wanted to look at what made this spark and last for 10 seasons. Every season had its unique twist. I think, in a way, going back to basics and having the cast be all strangers is part of the twist of 10. Of course, there will be more.”

A total of 50 cameras monitor the 13 strangers as they complete weekly challenges and evict contestants. The winner receives $500,000.

The reality show has had its share of controversies in the past, particularly with housemates using racial epithets and offensive terms. With the new selection of diverse contestants, perhaps the new season will be more exciting than previous seasons.

As Grodner said, “It's going to be interesting to see people that come from such opposite worlds living together, which has always been a part of this show, but this season, we really do have our most diverse group ever.”

http://www.thecelebritycafe.com/features/17914.html

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #195 on: July 08, 2008, 02:52:22 PM »
"BIG BROTHER" RETURNS TO ORIGINAL FORM FOR ITS 10TH EDITION, PREMIERING, SUNDAY, JULY 13 ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK
Julie Chen Returns As Host

CBS Unveils The Lucky 13 New Houseguests Ranging in Age from 22 to 75

CBS announced today the identities of the 13 Houseguests who will compete in BIG BROTHER 10.  This season will feature a back-to-basics approach, kicking off with no casting twists and a return to the original format that has made BIG BROTHER one of the most popular summer series on television.

"To celebrate 10 seasons of BIG BROTHER we are going 'old school' and returning to the original concept for the show - A group of strangers living together in a house and battling it out for half a million dollars.   All 13 Houseguests have no prior relationship - they are not exes, nor secret couples," said executive producer Allison Grodner.  "We are also excited to have the most diverse group we have ever assembled.   They range in age from 22 to 75, come from all walks of life, and have distinct points of view.  This should make for an unforgettable BIG BROTHER summer."

BIG BROTHER 10 will debut Sunday, July 13 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Following the premiere, BIG BROTHER 10 will be broadcast three nights weekly, on Sundays (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT), Tuesdays (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) and the live eviction show, hosted by Julie Chen, Wednesdays (8:00-9:00 PM, live ET/delayed PT). 

BIG BROTHER follows a group of people living together in a house outfitted with dozens of cameras and microphones recording their every move 24 hours a day.  One by one, the Houseguests will vote each other out of the house.  At the end of three months, the last remaining Houseguest will receive the Grand Prize of $500,000.

This season, Houseguests will move into a brand new, all-American home with a traditional look, with a rocking chair on the front porch, Victorian stenciled windows and a lush flower garden.  Like the contestants who will inhabit it, each room has a different style and flair, including a groovy "Road to Woodstock" bedroom, a rad '80s "Punk Room" and a classic retro 1950s style kitchen.  Additionally, the house comes equipped with a Jacuzzi and swimming pool in the backyard. 

Following are the 13 Houseguests, listed across in alphabetical order, who will compete in BIG BROTHER 10:

Michelle Costa, 28                                                 Steven Daigle, 35

Cumberland,R.I.                                                    Dallas, Texas via The    Woodlands, Texas

Single                                                                   Single

Realtor                                                                     Rodeo Competitor

April Dowling, 30                                                    Memphis Garrett, 25   

Higley, Ariz. via Arlington, Neb.                                    Los Angeles via Collierville, Tenn.

Single                                                                           Single

Financial Manager                                                        "Mixologist"

Dan Gheesling, 24                                                        Jessie Godderz, 22

Dearborn, Mich.                                                           Huntington Beach, Calif. via Rudd, Iowa

Single                                                                           Single

Catholic School Teacher                                               Professional Body Builder

Brian Hart, 27                                                              Jerry Mac Donald, 75

San Francisco                                                               Magnolia, Texas via Wilkes Barre, Pa.

Single                                                                           Married/Great Grandfather

Telecommunications Account Manager             Retired Marketing Executive

Renny Martyn, 53                                                         Bryan Ollie, 27

Metairie, La. (suburb of New Orleans)              Bloomington, Minn. (suburb of Minneapolis)

Married/Mom                                                               Single

Beauty Salon Owner                                                     Marketing Sales Representative

Keesha Smith, 29                                                         Angie Swindell, 29       

Burbank, Calif. via Sterling, Ohio                                  Orlando, Fla. via Virginia Beach, Va.

Waitress                                                                       Pharmaceutical Sales Representative     

Libra Thompson, 31                 

Spring, Texas                                       

Married/Mom                                       

Human Resources Representative         

BIG BROTHER is executive produced by Emmy Award winner Allison Grodner, Rich Meehan and Scott Einziger, in association with Endemol U.S.A.

For more information on BIG BROTHER 10 and the 13 new Houseguests, log on to http://www.cbs.com/.

cbspress

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #196 on: July 08, 2008, 02:55:16 PM »
They should make Julie live in the house for two weeks.
Just here to visit.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 08, 2008, 03:39:14 PM »
More shots of the house -- I think this is newer than the Julie house tour because some of the furniture in these pictures are different then the furniture in the Julie video (like the chairs in the HOH):

THE HOH ROOM:

Upstairs Hallway:

Living Room:

Kitchen:

Front Entrance (is that a fishbowl on the table?) :

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #198 on: July 08, 2008, 04:21:26 PM »
 blahblah

TV Guide Ventures Inside the Big Brother 10 House
by Zoe Alexander

What happens when eight journalists are picked to live in a house of 12 hours with no cell phones, Blackberries or contact with their news desks? Well, let me give you a hint — it wasn't pretty!
I'm not what you would consider a homebody. However, I spend my life at my computer banging out copy for editorial deadlines. So when I have free time, I'm not fond of spending it in close quarters with random people.

So why in the world I offered to spend twelve hours locked in a house with eight strangers for 12 hours on the set of CBS's reality game show Big Brother where contestants from all walks of life go head to head through psychologically grueling and sometimes physically demanding challenges to battle for the title of "Head of Household" is beyond me. Especially since I, unlike the real contestants, wasn't competing for the $500,000 prize.  I must have been having a frivolous moment. The last time I had one of those I was in Las Vegas, but I digress…

Meeting My Housemates

Housemates are like Christmas presents when you were a kid. The first moment you meet them, you are so excited but by the end of the day, you're sick of playing with them. 

Unlike real BB contestants we actually got to meet each other before we walked into the house. So right there in a tiny little room I met my new best friends for the day. They were Entertainment Tonight reporter Kevin Frazier, Yahoo TV blogger Brian Gianelli, People reporter Reagan Alexander, TVWeek.com’s Joe Adalian, The Advocate's Kyle Buchanan, Gretchen Massey from 97.1 KLSX radio and Jennifer McBride from CBS2 in L.A. 

I thought, 'oh man, if something embarrassing happens in the house, everyone in the English-speaking world will be able to see, hear, and read about it so I better be on my best behavior.' But first I needed a cup of coffee. Coincidentally, so did Gretchen. So right there over a cup of coffee before we even set foot in the house and while BB minions searched our belongings, it happened.

Gretchen and I formed our first alliance. In BB-speak, an alliance is when you and another player basically decide you are going to have each other's back — at least until you get rid of everyone in the house and it's just the two of you, then you pretty much try to throw your former friend under the bus to win the money.  Since there was no money involved, I was hoping we would still like each other by the end of the day.  Gretchen was a comedian with a raunchy sense of humor and was a newlywed like me, so we had a lot in common.  I felt a bit relieved.  Then one by one, we entered THE HOUSE.

Game On

The Season 10 house is a beautifully appointed soundstage that is built to resemble a house.  This house had a huge '50s-style diner as the kitchen, a hippie bedroom (where I plopped my stuff even though I'm not a crunchy-granola type at all) and another bedroom  that looks like Laura Ingalls Wilder might have lived there.  Like Las Vegas casinos, there are no windows in the house. One thing I learned quickly is that people fall into stereotypes immediately. Reagan from People was branded the bad boy the moment he stepped into the house because he rides a motorcycle and has tattoos, plus he tried to sneak a camera into the house. Once everyone learned that, like lemmings we turned on him. Why? I’m not really sure. I think it was the audacity of it all that bothered us. So from that point on, the rest of us decided Reagan was going down. (We got into it immediately).

The first challenge was trivia and the winner got to be Head of Household, which is basically "the boss". Kevin and I formed an alliance during that game because we "helped" each other answer the questions. (If I tell you how exactly we did that, I'd have to kill you.) Kevin ended up winning the title of "Head of Household", which was fabulous because his first order of business was to put half the house on "slop" and I knew Kevin would have my back and not make me eat slop since we formed an alliance.  Slop is a green-hued oatmeal product created by BB producers that tastes like hell but is supposedly full of nutrients and fiber. No one had eaten breakfast, so when Kevin put Reagan, Jennifer, Kyle — and in a shocking turn of events — himself on slop, I felt terrible but that didn't stop me from getting my grub on. As we all know, when people are hungry things turn ugly.

So by mid-afternoon, between everyone having to ask Big Brother for permission to do everything and being locked in the house with nothing to do but talk to each other, the slop-eaters were getting pretty testy. King of the slop eaters, Kevin, snapped out of nowhere and went off on Gretchen. Now Gretchen is from Texas and I know better than to mess with anyone from Texas so I stayed out of it. Plus, Kevin was Head of Household and just like folks from Texas, you don't mess with the HOH. Besides, we had already decided that Reagan would be the one we voted out at the end of the day but the best laid plans…well you know.

By the end of the day, there were alliances within alliances and no one really knew who their allies were. It became stressful, so I decided rather than stir the pot, I'd cook dinner. We were given ingredients to make pasta and the smell of pasta sauce simmering on the stove set off the slop eaters since they couldn't have any. Right when I thought poor Jenn McBride, a tall blonde from my hometown of Laguna was going to break, Big Brother announced a challenge and the winning team would get $500. The challenge was to cross a balance beam holding glasses full of liquid and to stack as many without spilling. Now, Jenn and I are both former gymnasts but thanks to the fact that I haven't touched a balance beam in 15 years, we were destroyed by the fancy footwork of Gretchen and Brian. I felt bad because she really wanted the money. Luckily, she didn’t have a chance to focus on our trouncing because we had the elimination coming up and she was really focused on not getting eliminated.

In a twist, Gretchen ended up trading her half of the winnings for the opportunity to choose who would be spared from elimination. Gretchen spared Reagan for some reason. Maybe a secret alliance? Who knows. After much back-stabbing and attempts to throw each other under the bus, the grand plan of eliminating Reagan was foiled. Brian, dear sweet Brian, who didn’t do anything to anyone, ended up being the sacrificial lamb (Hey, at least he won $500!). 

In the end, I felt that playing BB is kind of like hot dogs. If you like hot dogs, you probably don’t want to know how hot dogs are made

http://www.tvguide.com/news/Big-Brother-Inside/080708-01

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #199 on: July 09, 2008, 09:06:56 AM »
Thanks for posting that, Michael. Good stuff.  :tup: :tup:
Just here to visit.