Author Topic: Big Brother 10 News  (Read 74343 times)

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
Re: Big Brother 10 News
« Reply #225 on: July 11, 2008, 10:27:17 AM »
I've noticed on many websites that many people are in an uproar about the memory wall and it has fourteen squares and most people think there is a 14th houseguest. I saw the picture of the memory wall and wonder what they will do with the extra square if there is only 13 houseguests. Maybe put a BB10 logo on it? What do you guys think?

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 11, 2008, 10:31:50 AM »
that is not the memory wall that will be used for BB10 -- if you look carefully the house was not complete yet during all of the house tours conducted by julie.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #227 on: July 11, 2008, 10:34:48 AM »
that is not the memory wall that will be used for BB10 -- if you look carefully the house was not complete yet during all of the house tours conducted by julie.

Gotcha!  :tup:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #228 on: July 11, 2008, 11:10:55 AM »
Julie keeps saying the twist is that there is NO twist, but Allison Grodner keeps saying that there is obviously going to be "more" and that she can't say to much right now.

I'm thinking Julie is referring to the fact that for once there are NO casting twists, but there will obviously be some new elements to the game.
Yeah, Grodner will probably make some ****ty twist up when she thinks of something ****ty, shes good at that.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #229 on: July 11, 2008, 11:31:45 AM »
Julie keeps saying the twist is that there is NO twist, but Allison Grodner keeps saying that there is obviously going to be "more" and that she can't say to much right now.

I'm thinking Julie is referring to the fact that for once there are NO casting twists, but there will obviously be some new elements to the game.
Yeah, Grodner will probably make some ****ty twist up when she thinks of something ****ty, shes good at that.

her ****ty twist the youngest in the house has to have sex with the 75 year old guy

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 11, 2008, 11:32:19 AM »
Jessie and Jerry?  :duno:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #231 on: July 11, 2008, 01:28:15 PM »
Her twist will be putting Pamela Anderson in the house just like BB Australia.  :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #232 on: July 11, 2008, 02:58:46 PM »
 :funny:   :tup:
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline bbfanatic

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #233 on: July 11, 2008, 05:36:16 PM »

Actually, if you think carefully, you will realize that last season there were not 14 houseguests, there were 16, so why would there be a memory wall with only 14 pictures if that was something they havent gotten around to replacing?   :res:
 :snap

Offline Blondie

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Watch out, I will chop you!!!
« Reply #234 on: July 11, 2008, 05:57:39 PM »
 :lol:  Last season we were all flipping out about the memory wall and the big kitchen table place settings. There are 13 place settings on the table this season. So probably no quick eviction.  :duno:
Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth...AMEN..!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #235 on: July 11, 2008, 06:12:01 PM »
Obviously the house tour with Julie was before the 7 media people in this video moved in http://www.cbs2.com/video/?id=71145@kcbs.dayport.com
The floors are not "blue" yet and note 8 frames on the wall, so see, they are easily changed.
And yes, we go through this every season  :lol:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 11, 2008, 11:24:57 PM »

Actually, if you think carefully, you will realize that last season there were not 14 houseguests, there were 16, so why would there be a memory wall with only 14 pictures if that was something they havent gotten around to replacing?   :res:

Um, if my memory is correct the BB9 memory wall only had fourteen photos due to the fact that both Sharon and Jacob were evicted right away. Once Neil disappeared and Sharon replaced him her photo took his photo's place on the memory wall.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 12, 2008, 12:03:05 AM »
Here's a quote from Allison Grodner from a magazine called "Watch" or something like that.

"'Big Brother' producers still have some secrets they're keeping and surprises they're going to spring on future unsuspecting Houseguests. 'There's a secret room that nobody knows about,' Grodner says. 'We've never used it. We don't know what we're going to do with it. Yet.' "

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #238 on: July 12, 2008, 12:08:53 AM »
Here's a quote from Allison Grodner from a magazine called "Watch" or something like that.

"'Big Brother' producers still have some secrets they're keeping and surprises they're going to spring on future unsuspecting Houseguests. 'There's a secret room that nobody knows about,' Grodner says. 'We've never used it. We don't know what we're going to do with it. Yet.' "
                                      YAY!! Doesn't mean we'll see it this season but if we do I bet they already found it *sigh*

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 12, 2008, 12:12:43 AM »
I wonder where it could be though?
Maybe its that door upstairs at the far end of the HOH hall way that everybody always assumed was just a production room

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #240 on: July 12, 2008, 12:00:54 PM »
Call it THE BELT ROOM :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #241 on: July 12, 2008, 03:11:16 PM »
 :yess:  Saw a new BB commercial during golf coverage today.  Did you catch it puddin?   :angel: 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #242 on: July 12, 2008, 03:32:29 PM »
:yess:  Saw a new BB commercial during golf coverage today.  Did you catch it puddin?   :angel: 
Nope, I was out shopping while I have some freedom, lol
I saw a new one last night, let me see if someone tubed' it. brb

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #243 on: July 12, 2008, 03:38:04 PM »

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #244 on: July 12, 2008, 04:03:58 PM »
An article from cbs2.com

The BB10 Houseguests: By The Numbers
LOS ANGELES (CBS) ― And you thought the cast of "Big Brother 9" had some interesting people in it?

The cast of "Big Brother 10" features a woman who gave birth to twins 5-months ago -- one white and one black.

For sheer eye candy, there is a little sumthim' sumthim' for everyone: There is a Hooters waitress and a professional male bodybuilder who will whip off his shirt at every opportunity.

There's someone most proud of being "the female Guinness chugging-champion" at her local bar.

And do you want a match made in "Big Brother" heaven? The son of a preacher who recently lost his virginity -- and he says he is making up for lost time. There's the girl with OCD who says she can't sleep at night if bottles in the fridge aren't lined up just right. Hmmm. And she says one of her favorite activities is sex. Ollie meet April.

And let's not leave out the arch conservative 24-year-old Catholic High School teacher who says he would have left the country if Hillary Clinton had become president. Dan, meet Libra, the ultra-liberal black woman and unabashed Obama supporter! (Won't THIS duo be fun.)

And, for good measure, you'll meet a 75-year-old man who likes to show off his guns at every opportunity.

Batton down the hatches, TV watchers...it's going to be a bumpy night!

And the producers of the hit reality show "Big Brother" wouldn't have it any other way.

Here, a look at your soon-to-be favorite and not-so-favorite houseguests who make up the cast of "Big Brother 10" by the numbers.

YOUNGEST HOUSEGUEST: 24 years old
OLDEST HOUSEGUEST: 75 years old
AVERAGE AGE: 33.4615 years old

HOUSEGUESTS IN THEIR 20s: 8
HOUSEGUESTS IN THEIR 30s: 3
HOUSEGUESTS IN THEIR 40s: 0
HOUSEGUESTS IN THEIR 50s: 1
HOUSEGUESTS IN THEIR 60s: 0
HOUSEGUESTS IN THEIR 70s: 1
(In the BB9 house, 15 of the 16 were in their 20s. Sheila, at 45, was the lone person who wasn't 20-something.)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HOUSEGUESTS! 3 were born in August, 2 were born each in July, March and December. One each was born in April, October, September and May. There were no houseguests born in January, February, June or November. (In BB9, none of the houseguests were born in January, February, March or December.)

COLLEGE (Graduated, attending or attended): 10 of the 13

SEXUAL PERSUASION: 12 straight, 1 gay

MARITAL STATUS: 3 married, 1 divorced, 9 single (but one of the houseguests is living with his girlfriend in a committed relationship...and we all know how well THOSE work out on "Big Brother.")

TATTOOS/PIERCINGS: 3 of the 13 have tattoos or piercings. One BB10 houseguest says anyone with a tattoo or a piercing is "a freak." Hey Dan, as long as you aren't judgemental or anything! (Six of the 16 BB9 cast had piercings or tatts.)

CLOSE TO MOM/DAD/KIDS: 11 of the 13 mentioned strong family ties. Libra is very close to her mom but says she only met her dad once...that she can remember.

SAID I OBJECT AT A WEDDING: 1. Michelle objected at her brother's wedding.

OWN PETS: Between them, the 13 have 5 dogs, 3 cats, 1 rabbit, 1 bird and 3 fish. Michelle, who objected at her brother's wedding (see above), is almost single-handedly responsible for the BB10 menagerie. She has 1 dog, 2 cats, the rabbit, the bird and the three fishes.

HAVE SERVED IN THE MILITARY (or was an Army Brat): 3

SAY THEY ARE VERY RELIGIOUS OR DEVOUT: 3 of the 13

MEMBERS OF PETA: 1. And, no, it's not the pet-lover Michelle. The PETA member is Keesha, the Hooters girl.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #245 on: July 13, 2008, 12:52:40 AM »
James, BB6/7, Dick, Daniele, Joe, BB8, & Chelsia, Sheila, BB9 among others will be united tomorrow or should I say, later tonight for the Big Brother 10 premiere party somewhere in LA

Josh is hosting a BB10 premiere party at JR's Bar & Grille in Dallas. (and probably rooting for Steven)

We are just a tad bit over 18 hours away from the premiere show on CBS! Bring it on, baby! So ready for the drama and conflicts and blowups among houseguests!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 12:57:07 AM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 13, 2008, 01:02:36 AM »
I feel like such a loser LOL I'm going to have to ditch my friends after work and run home to watch BB on time ... I finish work at 7 haha

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #247 on: July 13, 2008, 01:08:40 AM »
I feel like such a loser LOL I'm going to have to ditch my friends after work and run home to watch BB on time ... I finish work at 7 haha

You are just as excited as the rest of us....can't blame ya.....we all are stoked to view the new cast! Damn, they better not disappoint us after all the promo crap they've dumped on us so far!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #248 on: July 14, 2008, 11:06:02 AM »
Story on Ollie in the Des Moines Register:

The Loop: Ex-Cyclone back joins Big Brother 10

Who is the new cast member on the CBS show "Big Brother 10"?

It's Bryan Ollie, the former Iowa State football player from West Des Moines.

Ollie, according to CBS, lives in Minneapolis and works as a marketing sales representative. The show's Web site says Ollie "does not drink, smoke or curse; staying true to the values he was raised with as a child."

The show also says Ollie, 27, "describes himself as animated, energetic and good looking. His proudest accomplishment is receiving a full athletic scholarship."

Ollie played defensive back at Iowa State, finishing in 2002.

At West Des Moines Dowling Catholic, he ran for more than 1,300 yards as a running back and finished as a Des Moines Sunday Register second-team pick as a senior in Class 4-A.

There's another Iowan on the show: Jessie Godderz, a 22-year-old body builder, is originally from Rudd.

Stay tuned ...

Source - http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080713/SPORTS13/807130346/1023/SPORTS
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #249 on: July 14, 2008, 11:20:24 AM »
13 HOUSEGUESTS ENTER THE BIG BROTHER 10 HOUSE -- For The First Time In BIG BROTHER History, The Head of Household Vote Takes Place Prior To Entering The House
BIG BROTHER 10 kicked off the season last night as 13 strangers entered the BIG BROTHER House after they were asked, for the first time in BIG BROTHER history, to choose the Head of Household prior to entering the House or even talking with each other. 

The new Houseguests cast their votes via a secret ballot, using only their powers of observation as their guide.  Jerry Mac Donald, the 75-year-old great grandfather, was selected as the first Head of Household of the season.

Once inside the House, after their initial meeting and champagne toast, the Houseguests were asked to compete in a luxury/food competition.  In the competition, 12 of them were split into two teams of six with bodybuilder Jessie volunteering to sit out.  Two classic VW Bugs were suspended upside down over the backyard of the House.  All six members of each team piled into their team's respective car, and were then required to pull the car across the Big Brother "Route 66" highway by a rope to get from side to side.  Each time they reached the end, one member of each team was asked to volunteer to leave the car, which left them out of the competition and no longer eligible to win the luxury prize.  The first team to reach the end with just one remaining Houseguest was declared the winner and won food for the week.  The losing team eats slop for the week.  Memphis won the luxury part of the competition and is the proud owner of a classic car.

Finally, Head of Household Jerry nominated Renny and Jessie for the first eviction of the season.

BIG BROTHER 10 will be broadcast on the CBS Television Network three nights weekly, on Sundays (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT), Tuesdays (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) and the live eviction show, hosted by Julie Chen, Wednesdays (8:00-9:00 PM, live ET/delayed PT). 

Following are the 13 Houseguests, listed across in alphabetical order, who will compete in BIG BROTHER 10:

Michelle Costa, 28                                                       Steven Daigle, 35

Cumberland, R.I.                                                          Dallas, Texas via The Woodlands, Texas

Single                                                                           Single

Realtor                                                                         Rodeo Competitor

April Dowling, 30                                                         Memphis Garrett, 25   

Higley, Ariz. via Arlington, Neb.                                    Los Angeles via Collierville, Tenn.

Single                                                                           Single

Financial Manager                                                        "Mixologist"

Dan Gheesling, 24                                                        Jessie Godderz, 22

Dearborn, Mich.                                                           Huntington Beach, Calif. via Rudd, Iowa

Catholic School Teacher                                               Professional Body Builder

Brian Hart, 27                                                              Jerry Mac Donald, 75

San Francisco                                                               Magnolia, Texas via Wilkes Barre, Pa.

Single                                                                           Married/Great Grandfather

Telecommunications Account Manager                       Retired Marketing Executive

Renny Martyn, 53                                                         Bryan Ollie, 27

Metairie, La. (suburb of New Orleans)                        Bloomington, Minn. (suburb of Minneapolis)

Married/Mom                                                               Single

Beauty Salon Owner                                                     Marketing Sales Representative

Keesha Smith, 29                                                         Angie Swindell, 29       

Burbank, Calif. via Sterling, Ohio                                  Orlando, Fla. via Virginia Beach, Va.

Waitress                                                                       Pharmaceutical Sales Representative     

Libra Thompson, 31                 

Spring, Texas                                       

Married/Mom                                       

Human Resources Representative