Author Topic: TAR 14!  (Read 76949 times)

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 14!
« Reply #125 on: October 31, 2008, 02:38:58 AM »
Who was supposed tp have said all this stuff about L.A.
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #126 on: October 31, 2008, 04:50:48 AM »
:groan: All Phil said is that the race would start in the US, no city was mentioned and I'll just bet it is not LA. THat guy needs a fact checker.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline cba

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #127 on: October 31, 2008, 07:04:01 AM »
Hello everyone! Decided to finally post today after lurking around for several weeks.... I'm 23 and I live in Switzerland (weekends / my family) and Austria (where I study). I've come across the Amazing race by chance (youtubing something completely different and dang, suddenly there it was on my screen), and now I'm so hooked I even came here and read through all 35 pages of the spoiler thread for the current season....!
Just wanted to say I'm more than impressed how you guys managed to cover the entire race! Wow!! I'd love to try to somehow help with the upcoming 14th season... It's been a couple of seasons since they've been around "my" countries... you never know. ;)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #128 on: October 31, 2008, 09:35:20 AM »
Welcome cba!! :welcome2:

Glad you found us and hope you have fun following the upcoming race--and you're right, you never know!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #129 on: October 31, 2008, 10:06:29 AM »
Welcome cba and thanks for unlurking. :bigwelcome
I'm so jealous that you live in Switzerland, your so lucky  :hearts:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #130 on: October 31, 2008, 05:04:05 PM »
Now I'm not sure where to post this? Maybe it deserves its own thread?
For "The Early Show's" Destination Unknown, Julie Chen is surprised with a trip to Paris as she is whisked on a plane to The Grand Hotel, across the street from the Opera Garnier.

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #131 on: October 31, 2008, 09:33:16 PM »
so, their 1st leg will be in PARIS?!? :duno:

That will be great, if the speculation is true.  And if they really went there, I hope the next leg they should visit is either to Monaco, Belgium or Switzerland and travel it via the Eurorail [as the cheap and faster way to get there] after the Paris leg. :tup:

but I heard some news right now that there's a snow storm that are now affecting in some parts of Europe and it might affect the race there.  I hope it won't be worse. :crown
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 09:38:25 PM by topaz »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #132 on: October 31, 2008, 10:19:00 PM »
NO Topaz, lol!

This is an Early Show segment--all Phil does is send them on their way--it does NOT mean anything for TAR14, lol....

(at least as far as we know! :lol: )
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 31, 2008, 11:33:44 PM »
I love Julie Chen... :hearts:

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #134 on: November 01, 2008, 02:14:27 PM »
Yes Michael we know :groan:

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #135 on: November 01, 2008, 05:10:55 PM »
Hi Guys, I Read It In The Amazing Race Wiki: I live in Ticino, the southern part of Switzerland. Today I saw two separate groups of two people with backpacks running around town, followed by a cameraman and a 4th person. I noticed they were speaking American English.

This was especially strange because I normally hear American-accented English perhaps once or twice a month, even though this place is pretty touristy. Additionally, I saw these Americans talking to a PRIEST outside of church and being filmed doing so. Seriously, what tourists talk to a priest (on camera)?  :yess:

So... One Of The Destinations Is Locarno, Switzerland.  :tup:
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #136 on: November 01, 2008, 05:20:09 PM »
Hi Guys, I Read It In The Amazing Race Wiki: I live in Ticino, the southern part of Switzerland. Today I saw two separate groups of two people with backpacks running around town, followed by a cameraman and a 4th person. I noticed they were speaking American English.

This was especially strange because I normally hear American-accented English perhaps once or twice a month, even though this place is pretty touristy. Additionally, I saw these Americans talking to a PRIEST outside of church and being filmed doing so. Seriously, what tourists talk to a priest (on camera)?  :yess:

« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 10:08:33 PM by puddin »

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #137 on: November 01, 2008, 05:30:31 PM »

OK, which village let their IDIOT OUT!?  (:;)

The Village Is Locarno, In The Ticino Region Of Switzerland!!!  :'(
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 01, 2008, 06:26:39 PM »

OK, which village let their IDIOT OUT!?  (:;)

it certainly wasn't moi.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #139 on: November 01, 2008, 06:32:32 PM »
For those who haven't had the plesaure of going there, Locarno is at the northern end of Lake Maggiore. It is approximately a 2 hour, bus or train drive from Milan. Flights would probably be via Milan. Both Zurich and Geneva are much farther away.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 01, 2008, 07:31:14 PM »
For those who haven't had the plesaure of going there, Locarno is at the northern end of Lake Maggiore. It is approximately a 2 hour, bus or train drive from Milan. Flights would probably be via Milan. Both Zurich and Geneva are much farther away.

i heard it was a 4 hour bus ride from Milan apskip

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #141 on: November 01, 2008, 09:10:36 PM »
This Early Show thing is a major rip off of the Today show's Where in the World is Matt Lauer, but with Phil giving clues. I wish there was a way to throw Julie off that balcony.
Just here to visit.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 01, 2008, 09:11:42 PM »
 :knuckles:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #143 on: November 01, 2008, 09:13:57 PM »
You know I'll defend you to the day I die, Michael, but Julie Chen is just a horrific TV personality to me.

I'll explain my rationale one day.  :snicker: :snicker:
Just here to visit.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #144 on: November 01, 2008, 09:43:55 PM »

i heard it was a 4 hour bus ride from Milan apskip

First of all, Michael, when was the last time you were ever in Locarno? What you hear is frequently not accurate. Not only have I been there, but there is also this public information:

The easiest way is direct from Milan’s Malpensa airport, around an hour and a half’s car drive. There is also a shuttle bus from Malpensa airport, leaving about every two hours from just outside the station (exit door 4, stand 21 - see links panel) as far as Bellinzona, from which you can catch a twice-hourly - and highly scenic - rail shuttle to Locarno. Alternatively, if combining Locarno with Milan, there is a train, usually every hour, connecting Milan Central with Bellinzona, with a simple transfer there onto the Locarno shuttle. Both the rail and airport bus routes pass through Lugano.
There is another airport, Turin, which is about one hour further from Locarno than Millan - Malpense.

I know you like to jab me, but at least try and validate your information when you do!

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 01, 2008, 09:45:24 PM »
I was there this morning apskip!

To get to Locarno you have to travel for four hours by bus from Milan.

see?  It's validated.

:colealert:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #146 on: November 01, 2008, 10:09:06 PM »
It's not a full moon ???

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #147 on: November 02, 2008, 06:20:30 AM »

so, this is the 1st actual spoiler for TAR14?  I'm impress, and their 1st destination is in Locarno, Switzerland.  Hope they could visit Zurich or Geneva as well.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 02, 2008, 08:27:31 AM »
topaz, it's more than likely not true.

Offline cjmrocks1

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #149 on: November 02, 2008, 01:21:15 PM »
Hello RFF i have big news.
So about two days ago i was in the San Diego Intl airport and i ran into what could have been the next amazing racers. all i could see was that they were flying to Italy.  :wohoo: it was sooooo exciting :wohoo:
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 01:30:31 PM by cjmrocks1 »