Author Topic: TAR 14!  (Read 77071 times)

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Start date speculation...
« Reply #100 on: October 17, 2008, 03:19:14 PM »
I was trying to predict when they might start TAR 14 by analyzing past dates...
The most frequent day to start a race is Saturday and the most frequent end day is Sunday. I would have thought they would avoid the race running over Thanksgiving so they don't have to pay extra time to the US crews for working on a holiday - but it doesn't seem like thats been a factor in previous years.
I was also trying to figure out any other significant world holidays in late October and November that might affect the race.
If it was me - I'd start the race on Saturday November 8 - end on Tuesday Dec 2 - 24 days - just a guess.

Race   Start Date      End Date   Dur.   Holidays
TAR 14                  Election Day Tues. Nov 4, Thanksgiving Thurs. Nov 27, Hajj Dec. 6 - 11
TAR 13     Tuesday   2008-04-22   Wednesday   2008-05-14   22
TAR 12   Sunday   2007-07-08   Sunday   2007-07-29   21
TAR 11    Monday   2006-11-20   Sunday   2006-12-17    27   Thanksgiving Thurs. Nov. 23
TAR 10    Saturday   2006-05-27   Saturday   2006-06-24   28
TAR 9    Monday   2005-11-07   Saturday   2005-12-03    26   Thanksgiving Thurs. Nov. 24
TAR 8    Thursday   2005-07-07   Sunday   2005-07-31   24
TAR 7    Saturday   2004-11-20   Sunday   2004-12-19    30   Thanksgiving Thurs. Nov. 25
TAR 6    Friday   2004-08-13   Sunday   2004-09-12    30   Labour Day Wed. Sept. 1
TAR 5    Friday    2004-01-30   Friday   2004-02-27   28
TAR 4    Saturday   2003-01-18   Friday   2003-02-14   27
TAR 3    Friday   2002-08-09   Saturday    2002-09-07    29   Labour Day Sun. Sept. 1
TAR 2    Tuesday   2002-01-08   Tuesday   2002-02-05   28
TAR 1    Thursday   2001-03-08   Sunday   2001-04-08   31

Most frequent start days:
Sunday -1
Monday - 2
Tuesday - 2
Wednesday - 0
Thursday - 2
Friday - 3
Saturday - 3

Most frequent end days:
Sunday - 6
Monday - 0
Tuesday - 1
Wednesday - 1
Thursday - 0
Friday - 2
Saturday - 3
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 06:07:50 PM by walkingpneumonia »
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 14!
« Reply #101 on: October 17, 2008, 03:28:25 PM »
Nice analysis, walkingpneumonia.

The tendency to favor Saturday outgoing and Sunday incoming has two very good reasons behind it:

1. There is much lower chance of outsiders inadvertently viewing parts of the first or last leg on a weekend.

2. The traffic on weekends is much lighter than any weekdays. This allows the use of close-to-center-city-of-Major-metropolitan-area locations.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: October 19, 2008, 01:29:02 PM »
tar6 started on a friday

Offline tbhl

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #103 on: October 22, 2008, 03:18:03 PM »
HEY I'm from Toronto and I've witnessed a potential clue box today, it was 1:30pm and I was going out of Utoronto campus to eat my lunch, and I saw this clue box that had yellow and red colours on the stand of the clue box..........I don't know how to upload the picture but if someone here can give me their email I can email them the pic so they could upload it.......the clue box had a lock on it, maybe because I was there early.  when I went back to the same location at around 3:30pm, it was gone, and I took 2 pictures at 1:30pm and one at 3:30 pm.......it looks EXACTLY like the clue boxes I saw on the show.....

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 22, 2008, 03:23:07 PM »
HEY I'm from Toronto and I've witnessed a potential clue box today, it was 1:30pm and I was going out of Utoronto campus to eat my lunch, and I saw this clue box that had yellow and red colours on the stand of the clue box..........I don't know how to upload the picture but if someone here can give me their email I can email them the pic so they could upload it.......the clue box had a lock on it, maybe because I was there early.  when I went back to the same location at around 3:30pm, it was gone, and I took 2 pictures at 1:30pm and one at 3:30 pm.......it looks EXACTLY like the clue boxes I saw on the show.....

hey, i gave you my e-mail in the other thread

Offline Erika

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #105 on: October 22, 2008, 06:24:27 PM »
Dang, I wanna see it too! I would've stayed there all day just to be sure!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 07:18:02 PM by Erika »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #106 on: October 22, 2008, 07:12:58 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline KevinGoneNuts

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #107 on: October 25, 2008, 12:34:33 AM »
Today was an exciting day...
On the way down to the DMV for my permit test I drove past a truck filled with logs. It was stopped on the side of the road and two men got out. one had something yellow and blue in his hand. then as we drove a little ferther we saw that there was a massive camera looking thing in the cab of the truck. and then i noticed somthing red/yellow hanging from the rearview mirror. It was to weird and I wondered why they would be were I like and Why in America? So idk if it was TAR. but yeah...
BTW the link doesn't work

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #108 on: October 25, 2008, 12:54:41 AM »
Oh sorry it got moved:

Well I think puddin meant to move it to discussion but at the moment it is lost in cyberspace. :lol:

But the upshot was that it is one of the local corporate team building  Amazing Race look-a-likes in Toronto...sorry.

Have no idea about the latest, but as you say...not TAR.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 25, 2008, 12:55:38 AM »
i edetld it because its like this thrad

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 25, 2008, 01:01:52 AM »
brb

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: October 28, 2008, 08:53:25 PM »
it should start after the election Nov 4 -  (:;) - unless the start is outside the USA ... :angel: But others may have more info than I...
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #112 on: October 28, 2008, 09:14:23 PM »
yup that goddamn election or even halloween for delaying the race on upcoming TAR 14 :snicker:

Anyway, here's I would like to share to you and it'll be my peculiar experience.  Last night I had a dream that the starting city for TAR 14 will be in San Francisco and the new 11 teams will go to Tokyo, Japan as their 1st leg of the race, then after that the remaining legs of the race they went down south on to Australia and Tahiti and encircling up to Latin America as the final part of the race for TAR 14.  And the last country will be racing for TAR 14 is in Mexico before heading towards to the finish line in San Diego, CA.  Hey, that will be nice if that will be their path for the race on TAR 14, isn't it? :hearts:   

take note, this is not a spoiler and a speculation for tar14 yet.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 09:17:51 PM by topaz »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #113 on: October 29, 2008, 02:19:47 PM »
oh LOOK!!  Kind of TAR 14 news, they aren't racing yet! :lol:

But look at the COOL publicity! Could this mean we'll see racers back on TES one day?? Fingers crossed!

E.S. Anchors To Embark On "Amazing" Trip

NEW YORK, Oct. 29, 2008
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(CBS) You could say that "The Amazing Race" host Phil Koeghan can keep a secret -- no matter how juicy or interesting.

And this time around he has a big one involving The Early Show anchors.

Koeghan, who was in Los Angeles, is about to start shooting the next "Amazing Race" and he is keeping mum on all of the juicy details.

Although he couldn't dish much on where exactly he is headed on his next adventure, he isn't hiding his excitement for what's to come.

"It's incredible. It's amazing, quite frankly. We'll be heading out for the 14th time to go around the world. We keep having this opportunity and for me, it's the best job I've ever had and I love it and thankfully the viewers love it and it's always nice to be employed and when you get employed and you get to go around the world and shoot great adventures with people and with an audience, there's nothing more exciting than that," he told Early Show co-anchors Harry Smith, Maggie Rodriguez, Julie Chen (via phone) and Early Show news anchor Russ Mitchell.

"The Amazing Race" will be starting in the United States, as it always is, but Koeghan admitted that the real reason he was there was to talk to the Early Show anchors about "Destination Unknown."

"You guys are going to have no idea where you're going, what you're going to be doing. You're going to be on your own "Amazing Race," Koeghan explained.

Although Keoghan won't be at every destination the Early Show anchors go, he will be giving them the clues.

"You'll find out where you're going and get your clues and you'll have absolutely no idea where you're going. And the next time that the viewers hear from you, you will be in a far-away land, and trust me when I say to you, it will be far away," Koeghan said.

"You will be jet lagged, exhausted, I might have you running through the airport with some heavy bags -- just exhaust you even more. We'll give all of the heavy bags to Dave Price," Koeghan joked. "Then you will be somewhere in the world and you will be doing things unknown at this point," he said.

"You're killing us," Rodriguez said.

"Can we win $1 million if we get there fast?" Chen asked.

"That's a conversation you might want to have with your husband," Koeghan replied.

"It would be 'no,'" Chen said.

"At this point, it's 'Destination Unknown,' prize unknown and money unknown. But I can promise you this, that where you're going, it will be tremendously exciting," Koeghan said. "You might want to bring an array of clothing. In fact, you will not even know what you need because you will not know what you're doing!"

The Early Show anchors will meet people along the way, but they will take their own individual trips and they may need some shots.

All of the information will be revealed when the Early Show anchors go to "Destination Unknown."

"He said we're going to be disoriented and confused and that's not much different than any other day," Smith said with a laugh.

"Destination Unknown" starts next week on "The Early Show."

"The Amazing Race" airs on Sundays at 8 p.m. ET, on CBS.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/10/29/earlyshow/series/amazingrace/main4556013.shtml
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 29, 2008, 02:37:15 PM »
Phil AND Julie in the same interview  :lol:
I want TAR14 to start filming!

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 29, 2008, 02:45:14 PM »
and FWIW I'm guessing this has already been filmed because it starts airing next week and it surely won't be live...so it shouldn't effect the filming of TAR14.

Offline KevinGoneNuts

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #116 on: October 29, 2008, 11:27:31 PM »
 :wohoo: :jumpy: :yess:
TAR 14 IS STARTING!!!! that also means that TAR 15 applications should come out soon too!!!
don't forget to bring your cameras to the airport with you!  :sucks

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #117 on: October 29, 2008, 11:52:12 PM »
and FWIW I'm guessing this has already been filmed because it starts airing next week and it surely won't be live...so it shouldn't effect the filming of TAR14.

Phil can give out clues remotely. But the anchors are pretty surprised so I'll bet they do one a week or something, maybe starting now for airing next week? :duno:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #118 on: October 30, 2008, 02:31:26 PM »
gosh the suspense is killing me Season 14 Bring it on!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #119 on: October 31, 2008, 12:54:32 AM »
 :duno: Did I miss something in Phil's interview?

The Amazing Race 14
Amazing Race 14 starts taping soon

The Amazing Race 14 will begin production late this week or this weekend.
Host Phil Keoghan confirmed that on The Early Show, saying, “It’s incredible. It’s amazing, quite frankly. We’ll be heading out for the 14th time to go around the world. We keep having this opportunity and for me, it’s the best job I’ve ever had and I love it and thankfully the viewers love it and it’s always nice to be employed and when you get employed and you get to go around the world and shoot great adventures with people and with an audience, there’s nothing more exciting than that.”
Once again, the show will leave from Los Angeles, making the new season blend into other seasons before it even begins, which is the one thing the series doesn’t need considering how rapidly it’s aging.

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #120 on: October 31, 2008, 12:59:43 AM »
 :yess: :yess: :yess: :wohoo:
good find puddin!

Once again, the show will leave from Los Angeles, making the new season blend into other seasons before it even begins, which is the one thing the series doesn’t need considering how rapidly it’s aging.

why is L.A the starting city AGAIN?

EVERYBODY IN L.A GO TO THE AIRPORTS AND STAY THERE UNTIL YOU SEE TEAMS.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #121 on: October 31, 2008, 01:16:24 AM »
The ES might be doing a tag-along like Iceland, but I didn't hear that in the interview; the ES trips might be something completely separate (if this is any indication).

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #122 on: October 31, 2008, 01:17:19 AM »
I don't know, I feel the writer is making a lot of assumptions.

^^^ post in reply to Michael :D, Slowhatch snuck in there.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 01:22:01 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #123 on: October 31, 2008, 01:23:26 AM »
The ES might be doing a tag-along like Iceland, but I didn't hear that in the interview; the ES trips might be something completely separate (if this is any indication).
:crown
Chen said she secretly yearned to go to Paris, a city she loves. She recently mapped out an itinerary of places to eat and visit for a friend visiting the city. But it barely qualifies as a working vacation: she has to do a couple of stories while there and has time for dinner before coming home Saturday morning.

Offline KevinGoneNuts

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #124 on: October 31, 2008, 01:28:08 AM »
Hey for all we know they could have just told us that they were starting in LA so all the media would be in one particular place giving them time to start in a less remote location. I really wish they wouldn't keep starting in L.A. and I'm confused cause in the video interview he specifically did not say were they were starting, so I no offense but i doubt that the last line is truthfull.