Author Topic: TAR 14!  (Read 77064 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 14!
« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2008, 06:39:06 PM »
Has the race started yet? I have heard that someone saw a bunch of western people rush in a subway station in China yesterday, there is a slim chance it might be racers of TAR14. :wohoo:

Why not? TAR14 could start anytime in October or November, including two days ago. kaad, please find out what you can. It is not probable but it is possible that the first leg went to China. Where are we talking about? Beijing? Shanghai? Guangzhou? Xian?

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2008, 06:40:59 PM »
I don't think the race started yet because Phil is supposed to be on the Bonnie Hunt show this Friday on CBS isn't he?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2008, 06:49:40 PM »
Excellent point Michael!!

From the Bonnie Hunt Show facts:
Who are the guests on the show and when will the show air? These details change periodically. In general, the taping you attend will air the following day. We do not formally release any of this information until the day of your show.

So chances are good the show will be taped on Thursday...

While we are on the topic of TAR 14, anyone heard when the applications for TAR 15 will be online? It's should be about time and my brother has finally agreed to sign up with me. I am ready to go.

scuzneck, the show has not been officially renewed for TAR 15 yet. But if/when there is a TAR 15, best of luck!  :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2008, 06:53:40 PM »
Can't wait to watch it on Friday -- hopefully somebody COUGHPUDDINCOUGH can youtube it!

Either way, the race should be starting very soon  :wohoo:

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2008, 10:25:29 PM »
Has the race started yet? I have heard that someone saw a bunch of western people rush in a subway station in China yesterday, there is a slim chance it might be racers of TAR14. :wohoo:

Why not? TAR14 could start anytime in October or November, including two days ago. kaad, please find out what you can. It is not probable but it is possible that the first leg went to China. Where are we talking about? Beijing? Shanghai? Guangzhou? Xian?
probably it's the Brazilian or Israeli version of TAR that you'd saw there, kaad?

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2008, 10:41:36 PM »

probably it's the Brazilian or Israeli version of TAR that you'd saw there, kaad?

Probably. I mean, we could never be sure. It could be a mix of the US, Asia, Brazil & Israel version for all we know. PS: I think it's just tourists. Because if it was for any TAR edition, he should've mentioned cameras and such.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2008, 11:04:55 PM »
It is not TAR 14, guys...

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2008, 03:45:19 AM »
Hi guys,
After lurking around for over a year I decided to post. TAR has not been to Mexico since TAR2 or 3 and it was only once on the route Mexico City-Tequesquitengo-Cancun. I remember them skydiving in Tequesquitengo.

I hope that since it all seems that TAR14 will begin in Asia, why not have it come to Mexico for the last leg before the finish line in the USA?

Mexico has over 30 airports with international service to the US and at least 4 intercontinental gateways: Tijuana (Beijing and Tokyo), Monterrey (Rome and Madrid), Cancun (All of Europe, the Caribbean, Central and South America) and Mexico City (Infinite possibilities).

I'm just dying to see it come back. Any underground news?

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2008, 12:14:59 AM »
Any underground news?
Nope; if anybody knows, he does.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2008, 12:42:36 AM »
Sweet find Slowhatch, and wow what a impressive resume! and lol, he owns a kilt! Maybe he and Phil can trade kilt wearing secrets.

Offline KevinGoneNuts

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: The Amazing Race 13 *Spoilers Only!* (spoiler summary page 1)
« Reply #85 on: October 15, 2008, 02:13:46 AM »
Wow RFF is already gearing up for TAR14! I'm always ready for The Amazing Race.

I had this Idea not to long ago, let me know what you think!

Because The Amazing Race 14 has already been casted I thought of an Idea for TAR 15. What if it had One adult (21+) and One teenager (15+) would that not be interesting to watch?!!?!?!?! I would for sure be the first one to apply! Think of it, because TAR: Family Edition ended up a total mess with the chaos of 4 people per team, the production could manage the teams, there would be teenage drama, and it would just be really interesting to watch! Whatcha think RFF?

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race 13 *Spoilers Only!* (spoiler summary page 1)
« Reply #86 on: October 15, 2008, 07:15:20 AM »
Kevin,

I would say OK if there was evidence that teens are better at reading clues than adults. Sadly, real standards for reading have declined over most of the past 40 years. That is the result of too much television and video games and not enough reading books. I am guilty of that too(although not the video games part but my son more than takes my share). Another factor is that watching teens and adults interact is usually not one of life's pleasures.

I can appreciate that you may be a teen and want to find a way to get on the show. If so, I doubt that World Race Productions is going to change their rules to accommodate teenagers. I hope they don't.

Offline KevinGoneNuts

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #87 on: October 15, 2008, 07:39:09 PM »
I understand where you are coming from askip, but you have to think of it from the producers POV. I mean lack of reading skills doesn't really matter. hell half the teams suck as much as teenagers would! so sorry but you're going to have to give me some more convincing evidence.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 15, 2008, 09:32:42 PM »
I understand where you are coming from askip, but you have to think of it from the producers POV. I mean lack of reading skills doesn't really matter. hell half the teams suck as much as teenagers would! so sorry but you're going to have to give me some more convincing evidence.

I think I'd do 100000000 times better then half the older people I've seen on the race lol
....and im only 18 :angel:

Offline KevinGoneNuts

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #89 on: October 15, 2008, 09:49:17 PM »

I think I'd do 100000000 times better then half the older people I've seen on the race lol
....and im only 18 :angel:

I know right?!
Some teenagers have some really good methods of thinking, that adults have issues grasping no offense ;)

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 15, 2008, 09:59:59 PM »
me and peach are gonna be on TAR14

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #91 on: October 15, 2008, 10:17:50 PM »

Well I think we are just a tad late for TAR 14 as I think it is starting very very soon...prob w/in the next 3 weeks.

But if you want to move here, get adopted, change your citizenship we can give it a go in 3 years! Of course, I'll prob be in a rocking chair at the old folks home by then...  :wise   :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline KevinGoneNuts

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #92 on: October 15, 2008, 10:25:55 PM »
You guys would deffinatly be my favorite team ever! :lol:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 15, 2008, 11:02:51 PM »
Michael & Peach
"Internet Mother and Son"

Offline KevinGoneNuts

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #94 on: October 15, 2008, 11:58:46 PM »
5 continents, 24 cities, and more than 35,000 miles Michael and Peach you are the official winners of the amazing race!  :wohoo: :jumpy:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 16, 2008, 12:06:54 AM »
haha, we'd represent RFF for real.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #96 on: October 16, 2008, 05:18:57 PM »
5 continents, 24 cities, and more than 35,000 miles Michael and Peach you are the official winners of the amazing race!  :wohoo: :jumpy:

Don't even start me on that again! :funny:

Any race with them in it has to go at least 50,000 miles. :jam:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: October 16, 2008, 07:59:28 PM »

Well I think we are just a tad late for TAR 14 as I think it is starting very very soon...prob w/in the next 3 weeks.

;) ;)

Offline KevinGoneNuts

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #98 on: October 16, 2008, 10:04:42 PM »
Yeah but still being smart like they are and with as much knowledge of TAR they would distroy the other teams.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #99 on: October 16, 2008, 10:49:01 PM »
We love y'all too but  :-[ :-[ :-[ and just a little :ot: okay?  :kuss:
RFF's Golden Rule: