Author Topic: TAR10 on Foxreality TV starting today!!  (Read 8381 times)

Offline indianjoe

• RFF Not So Newbie
TAR10 on Foxreality TV starting today!!
« on: May 12, 2008, 02:57:43 PM »
hi all,
i'm new on here but a huge fan of TAR, which i only started watching last season - i'd love to see previous seasons but can only find seasons 1 & 7 on DVD, so it's great that foxreality is airing the entire season 10 over this week and next!! the first 2 episodes are at 6pm and 7pm today (Calif time) on Comcast  ch 159. and pls do let me know if i can download other seasons elsewhere!
ciao! :jumpy:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR10 on Foxreality TV starting today!!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 08:05:27 PM »
on now with reality revealed

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 01:57:43 PM »
what is reality revealed?

TAR10, what a great season.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 02:01:49 PM »
what is reality revealed?

TAR10, what a great season.

behind the scenes

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 02:05:21 PM »
ooo awesome
any good dustin and kandice stuff?

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 02:05:35 PM »
Kogs I was thinking of ordering cable (that included GSN and Fox Reality) due to the crapy copies I have of seasons 2-5.

Of course, I now know that GSN doesn't run AR anymore (bastards), and Fox only has 9-11 (not sure about 12).

So in your mind is the revealed clips woth the addition to my bill (about 30 a month is what teh increase would be).

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 02:06:19 PM »
ooo awesome
any good dustin and kandice stuff?
They do their intervews topless, just for you, their # 1 FAN-atic.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 02:15:55 PM »
Kogs I was thinking of ordering cable (that included GSN and Fox Reality) due to the crapy copies I have of seasons 2-5.

Of course, I now know that GSN doesn't run AR anymore (bastards), and Fox only has 9-11 (not sure about 12).

So in your mind is the revealed clips woth the addition to my bill (about 30 a month is what teh increase would be).

GSN deal runs out in 09 thats why fox reality cant take them.  Once the contract runs out im sure they will grab it.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2008, 02:21:20 PM »
God, I hope so, I really really want some better copies of those seasons.  But if they might get, I might just hold off.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2008, 08:35:41 PM »
Good stuff with interviews with the racers. Peter can explain his laying back while Sarah was climbing the cliff all he wants, but I still dislike him.

Dustin & Kandice look good as always.
Just here to visit.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2008, 08:48:10 PM »
driving school roadblock coming up shortly

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2008, 10:42:40 PM »
Here are some things we learned from the extended version of TAR.

1. The teams felt Peter got a bad edit. Everyone from Kelli/Jamie, Tyler/James, Lauren to even Sarah say Peter was a very nice guy, but got quite intense during the race. But the thing is, the cameras did not show Peter at the pit stops so we could see this nice guy.

2. Dustin/Kandice regret laughing when Peter did his cruel impression of Kentucky at the airport. I remember seeing the extended version of this scene online. It wasn't his best moment. Mary said she was quite hurt when she saw it for the first time.

3. Nice to see my RI homie, Lauren again.

4. Good to hear some thoughts from BVM and Elise.

5. I still say the Cho's should have kept racing, but their personality fit quite well with Alabama and Kentucky and T/T.

6. Coming up tomorrow, Dustin/Kandice in bathing suits.  :tup: :tup:
Just here to visit.

Offline indianjoe

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2008, 01:08:47 PM »
Thanks for the summary - I do like the interviews in the extended versions!
From what I've seen so far, it looks this really was a tough season! Granted, I've only seen seasons 1, 7 and 12 so far, but I don't recall so many legs ending well into the night (4/6 already so far in mongolia, halong bay (vietnam), india and kuwait) - people look exhausted! and the other legs (beijing and hanoi) weren't cakewalks either.  just getting to the locations without getting lost seems to be hard. maybe they should invest in a decent map, assuming they have the dough.
I was soooo glad when the Chos rolled in!  :yess: They did an amazing thing, really  :beer: - I couldn't have done it even though i consider myself generally a nice guy!  which brings me back to peter, he may be as nice off camera as everybody else said, but they didn't make up the moments they showed him on the screen - can't just blame editing for his attitude to sarah, and i'm glad she spoke up the way she did on the mat.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2008, 04:17:07 PM »
which brings me back to peter, he may be as nice off camera as everybody else said, but they didn't make up the moments they showed him on the screen - can't just blame editing for his attitude to sarah, and i'm glad she spoke up the way she did on the mat.
  Nope but editing can shape how you see someone.  If you show the worst of someone, and not the good. It leaves the impression that all you do is treat someone badly.  They also edited conversation (some times it makes someone look better, sometimes worse).

It also works the other way.  Take for example the Cho brothers, who were this season's nice team.  What is almost never shown is them yelling at each other (or more important one of the them yelling at the other), yet according to confessionals and clips the more athletic one tends to (when upset or stressed) yell at his brother. 

Most of them aren't nearly as one sided as they typically appear. 

Offline indianjoe

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2008, 11:45:02 AM »
that's interesting about the Chos. they seem so mellow on screen, rarely do they run around looking frantic like some others and they always seem so calm in the interviews.

btw, did people notice that foxreality screwed up on friday, instead of showing TAR10 episode 7 "I Wonder if This Is Going to Make My Fingers Pickle" they showed an episode from TAR11 instead - although the title was right and they did have the TAR10 intro?  Hope they fix this in the rebroadcast today at 6 for those of us catching this for the first time. hope they read this!!!!

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2008, 11:47:57 PM »
btw, did people notice that foxreality screwed up on friday, instead of showing TAR10 episode 7 "I Wonder if This Is Going to Make My Fingers Pickle" they showed an episode from TAR11 instead - although the title was right and they did have the TAR10 intro?  Hope they fix this in the rebroadcast today at 6 for those of us catching this for the first time. hope they read this!!!!

i noticed that, i thought they messed up but then thought maybe they were doing two seasons at once (tar10 in the first episode, all stars in the second)

Offline indianjoe

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2008, 12:21:47 PM »
either way, they showed the right one yesterday thank you FR! :-):-):-):-):-)
it was a good one too, with the very first intersection ever! i like this feature.. would really have been funny if the beauty queens had been forced to hook up with 'bama! boy, those girls are good tho, dustin 'dusted' the cho one on one!
i've really got to wonder about the non-eliminations though, they did have a clip with Elise saying it's all pre-decided and written in stone (with lawyers in the room, no less - and who wouldn't trust them?), but still - the most charismatic team left gets non-elims - twice? and in season 9 it was BJ & Tyler - also twice? and in season 12, it was kent/vyxin and TK/rachel - arguably the most viewer friendly teams in the race? well, i guess i'm not really complaining, as i am glad most of these teams stuck on, but just wondering..
btw, i'm sorry if this is all deja vu for the oldtimers on this board, i'm sure you guys must've gone over all this years ago...

i noticed that, i thought they messed up but then thought maybe they were doing two seasons at once (tar10 in the first episode, all stars in the second)

Offline indianjoe

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2008, 03:24:46 PM »
***NOTE TAR10 spoilers below*** though you've all seen it probably!
so i've really been enjoying watching an entire season all compressed into 2 weeks! I come home and there's my dvr blinking away - 1 or 2 new episodes to watch!! i'm going to miss this..
episodes #9 & 10
boy that was one long superduper leg! the pretty boys looked real beat up after that swamp leg, but really, did they have jump high off the top of the fence and land deep up to their necks in the mud - then have to extricate themselves? and that olympic tower in kiev was scary - mainly because of the "face down angel dive" part - i have to say it was filmed really well, even i felt a bit queasy just watching it from the top, tho' i'm not too bad with heights.. it was interesting to hear Elise say in the extra material that it was one challenge she didn't want to do, though she normally tries most of them!
speaking of which, they featured a lot of Elise and BvM in the extras, it's very cool to hear their thoughts for eg, how the paperwork is a lot easier than when they started out since all these countries have realized it's like an free hourlong worldwide commercial for them. and how they have 2000 people on their payroll worldwide??!! i'd love to work for them one day - BvM seems like a great guy to work for, loved his enthusiasm on driving those Russian tanks in the Ukraine " something I've always wanted to do!!!".. like a kid! it did seem a blast - funny how both the guys got soaked with dirty water and all the girls come out nice and dry - and with dustin dusting the guy (james this time) again to boot! these girls are awesome, i so want them to be the first all-girl winners! and their rap, in hindsight, was by far the best of the lot - though i didn't think so at first, but then i hadn't seen the others yet..

what is it with the chos and directions?? i was so impressed with them earlier when they were one of the few to pick up maps in mongolia and kuwait and not getting lost like everybody else, here they had a map even but it's like they forgot how to read?? and their futile attempts to keep the "six-pack" alliance when clearly the bamas could care less - would have been nice of them to end it with a handshake instead of all the nastiness from karlyn - interesting how she didn't show up for any of the interviews. but it was sad to see the chos go - they made a nice farewell.   :waves:

the teams really overdo this business of paying cabs and following them, where's the fun in that. maybe they got too much money in the last couple legs, and this after starting them with zero dollars in mongolia! i liked how they made them sell flowers to earn the money back then, maybe they should do that more often. not sell flowers i mean, but make them earn the money during the tasks.

episode #11
the teams have to fly "..to casablanca, then to morocco" to paraphrase one of them. ok the blondes are awesome racers but definitely not good at pronouncing place names - what did they say "qwezatee??" for ouarzazate? wow, they nearly made a colossal error by not changing their flight to a later one when they realized they had plenty of time. but they recovered - and the expressions on the faces of james/tyler and rob when they saw the girls on the plane was just priceless!! as was kandice's.. she's so funny, laughing uproariously in the interviews too talking about her head tilt and quizzical expression whenever any other team ask her something.. i'm in love!!
wow they really are not having a good episode here, they drive right by the detour.. and when they get back all the olive presses are taken, and they wait around for 45 min rather than check out the potmaking detour, which seems to be nearby.. they know they're gonna take another 45 min to do it themselves after everybody's headed to the pitstop - this doesn't look good for them - but - they're saved by phil!  :jumpy: yay for the non-elims, i take back everything i said earlier, more the merrier.. they're gonna have to step it up though..
rob - i don't know where you live, but i sure hope there's good public transport. don't drive, cars just hate you.

that's it.. can't wait for the finale... oh wait, that's TODAY!