The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

TAR10 on Foxreality TV starting today!!

<< < (3/4) > >>

Kogs:
driving school roadblock coming up shortly

TARAsia Fan:
Here are some things we learned from the extended version of TAR.

1. The teams felt Peter got a bad edit. Everyone from Kelli/Jamie, Tyler/James, Lauren to even Sarah say Peter was a very nice guy, but got quite intense during the race. But the thing is, the cameras did not show Peter at the pit stops so we could see this nice guy.

2. Dustin/Kandice regret laughing when Peter did his cruel impression of Kentucky at the airport. I remember seeing the extended version of this scene online. It wasn't his best moment. Mary said she was quite hurt when she saw it for the first time.

3. Nice to see my RI homie, Lauren again.

4. Good to hear some thoughts from BVM and Elise.

5. I still say the Cho's should have kept racing, but their personality fit quite well with Alabama and Kentucky and T/T.

6. Coming up tomorrow, Dustin/Kandice in bathing suits.  :tup: :tup:

indianjoe:
Thanks for the summary - I do like the interviews in the extended versions!
From what I've seen so far, it looks this really was a tough season! Granted, I've only seen seasons 1, 7 and 12 so far, but I don't recall so many legs ending well into the night (4/6 already so far in mongolia, halong bay (vietnam), india and kuwait) - people look exhausted! and the other legs (beijing and hanoi) weren't cakewalks either.  just getting to the locations without getting lost seems to be hard. maybe they should invest in a decent map, assuming they have the dough.
I was soooo glad when the Chos rolled in!  :yess: They did an amazing thing, really  :beer: - I couldn't have done it even though i consider myself generally a nice guy!  which brings me back to peter, he may be as nice off camera as everybody else said, but they didn't make up the moments they showed him on the screen - can't just blame editing for his attitude to sarah, and i'm glad she spoke up the way she did on the mat.

mswood:

--- Quote from: indianjoe on May 16, 2008, 01:08:47 PM ---which brings me back to peter, he may be as nice off camera as everybody else said, but they didn't make up the moments they showed him on the screen - can't just blame editing for his attitude to sarah, and i'm glad she spoke up the way she did on the mat.

--- End quote ---
  Nope but editing can shape how you see someone.  If you show the worst of someone, and not the good. It leaves the impression that all you do is treat someone badly.  They also edited conversation (some times it makes someone look better, sometimes worse).

It also works the other way.  Take for example the Cho brothers, who were this season's nice team.  What is almost never shown is them yelling at each other (or more important one of the them yelling at the other), yet according to confessionals and clips the more athletic one tends to (when upset or stressed) yell at his brother. 

Most of them aren't nearly as one sided as they typically appear. 

indianjoe:
that's interesting about the Chos. they seem so mellow on screen, rarely do they run around looking frantic like some others and they always seem so calm in the interviews.

btw, did people notice that foxreality screwed up on friday, instead of showing TAR10 episode 7 "I Wonder if This Is Going to Make My Fingers Pickle" they showed an episode from TAR11 instead - although the title was right and they did have the TAR10 intro?  Hope they fix this in the rebroadcast today at 6 for those of us catching this for the first time. hope they read this!!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version