Author Topic: GREATEST AMERICAN DOG  (Read 5574 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
GREATEST AMERICAN DOG
« on: May 02, 2008, 02:49:17 PM »
ANIMATED ZOOLOGIST JAROD MILLER TO HOST "GREATEST AMERICAN DOG" (working title) WHEN THE NEW REALITY COMPETITION SERIES PREMIERES THURSDAY, JULY 10, ON CBS

Jarod Miller, animated zoologist, naturalist, pet expert, television host, and go-to talk show guest, has been named host of GREATEST AMERICAN DOG (working title), a new reality competition show where dogs and owners will compete for the title and cash prize, premiering Thursday, July 10 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Twelve extraordinary teams of dogs and owners from across the nation will compete for the title of GREATEST AMERICAN DOG.  Owners and their pets — from "pageant dogs" to those simply trained at home — will live together and compete against each other in games that put the owners' ability to train their dogs to the test.  The winning team will walk away with a $250,000 cash prize.

In the past decade, Miller has made over 100 appearances with his animal friends on national talk shows, including regular appearances on CBS's "THE EARLY SHOW," "The Today Show," "Good Morning America," "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," "Late Night with Conan O'Brien,"  "Live with Regis and Kelly" and "The Tyra Banks Show," and "Entertainment Tonight."  He currently hosts his own popular syndicated television show, "Animal Exploration with Jarod Miller," and is also the co-host of "PetFinder" on Animal Planet.  In addition, he hosts ecological segments for the Weather Channel series "Forecast Earth," and is the resident "Wildlife Buddy" for "The Rachael Ray Show." He is also a frequent contributor to Fox News and CNN.

Miller earned a bachelor's degree in Zoology from Oswego State University in New York.  Formerly the executive director of the Binghamton Zoo in Binghamton, New York, he was the youngest accredited Zoo Director in the United States and a Professional Fellow of the American Zoo Association, at the age of 25.  In 1996, he started his own wildlife production and education company, Wild Encounters, and has since traveled to over 13 countries, focusing on areas in South America, Central America and Equatorial Africa.  Since the age of 12, he has funded and operates his own private wildlife collection/sanctuary, and continues to lecture for zoos, universities and events nationwide. 

GREATEST AMERICAN DOG is executive produced by R.J. Cutler, Stu Schreiberg and Stephen Kroopnick for Magic Molehill Productions, Inc. in association with Actual Reality Pictures and Triage Entertainment, Inc.

Offline downwardblog

• RFF Newbie
Re: GREATEST AMERICAN DOG
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 06:02:36 PM »
This looks like a good show but I think I’ll stick with america’s got talent. Rather watch people than dogs. Maybe the’ll get some dogs acts on the show though. It’s starting up on tues. I’ll watch to see

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 06:30:39 PM »
Hey NBC, if you want to promote your shows, we do have ad-space available on this site, and the #1 Reality TV Podcast (RFFRadio.com) . Contact me, rob@realityfanforum.com

Offline sballlvr

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 06:58:18 PM »
ANIMATED ZOOLOGIST JAROD MILLER TO HOST "GREATEST AMERICAN DOG" (working title) WHEN THE NEW REALITY COMPETITION SERIES PREMIERES THURSDAY, JULY 10, ON CBS

Jarod Miller, animated zoologist, naturalist, pet expert, television host, and go-to talk show guest, has been named host of GREATEST AMERICAN DOG (working title), a new reality competition show where dogs and owners will compete for the title and cash prize, premiering Thursday, July 10 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Twelve extraordinary teams of dogs and owners from across the nation will compete for the title of GREATEST AMERICAN DOG.  Owners and their pets — from "pageant dogs" to those simply trained at home — will live together and compete against each other in games that put the owners' ability to train their dogs to the test.  The winning team will walk away with a $250,000 cash prize.

In the past decade, Miller has made over 100 appearances with his animal friends on national talk shows, including regular appearances on CBS's "THE EARLY SHOW," "The Today Show," "Good Morning America," "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," "Late Night with Conan O'Brien,"  "Live with Regis and Kelly" and "The Tyra Banks Show," and "Entertainment Tonight."  He currently hosts his own popular syndicated television show, "Animal Exploration with Jarod Miller," and is also the co-host of "PetFinder" on Animal Planet.  In addition, he hosts ecological segments for the Weather Channel series "Forecast Earth," and is the resident "Wildlife Buddy" for "The Rachael Ray Show." He is also a frequent contributor to Fox News and CNN.

Miller earned a bachelor's degree in Zoology from Oswego State University in New York.  Formerly the executive director of the Binghamton Zoo in Binghamton, New York, he was the youngest accredited Zoo Director in the United States and a Professional Fellow of the American Zoo Association, at the age of 25.  In 1996, he started his own wildlife production and education company, Wild Encounters, and has since traveled to over 13 countries, focusing on areas in South America, Central America and Equatorial Africa.  Since the age of 12, he has funded and operates his own private wildlife collection/sanctuary, and continues to lecture for zoos, universities and events nationwide. 

GREATEST AMERICAN DOG is executive produced by R.J. Cutler, Stu Schreiberg and Stephen Kroopnick for Magic Molehill Productions, Inc. in association with Actual Reality Pictures and Triage Entertainment, Inc.

Wow, sounds like a great show.  There are a lot of great reality shows on these days.  I am looking forward to America's Got Talent on NBC.

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 06:59:45 PM »
Hey NBC, if you want to promote your shows, we do have ad-space available on this site, and the #1 Reality TV Podcast (RFFRadio.com) . Contact me, rob@realityfanforum.com

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 07:25:09 PM »
WOW! Sounds like a great idea Rob!! I am looking forward to listening to the #1 Reality TV Podcast @RFFRadio.com :yess:

Offline Duffer

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2008, 07:03:49 PM »
Why!? I don't understand- the dogs have no idea what's going on, doesn't anyone realize this??