Author Topic: The Amazing Race Asia 3 Spoilers/Speculation  (Read 540790 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: TARA 3 - Episode 9 Discussion Thread ****HOT spoilers--beware!****
« Reply #1350 on: November 09, 2008, 06:29:51 AM »
New timezone? Unless they are not going back to the starting line? In Thailand?

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1351 on: November 09, 2008, 12:55:14 PM »
No, Joab, it's Oman which is 1.5 hours behind the India time zone which Pune and Mumbai are part of.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1352 on: November 09, 2008, 06:00:56 PM »
Oh okay thanks! But are there any information that they will be flying back to Thailand for finale?

And i can't believe they only went to 2 continents this season. I was thinking could it be that TAR had to fly to less prominent places for the last few legs to ensure that they keep spoilers down to the minimal as possible?

Offline Alvin06

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1353 on: November 10, 2008, 04:43:34 AM »
Oh okay thanks! But are there any information that they will be flying back to Thailand for finale?

And i can't believe they only went to 2 continents this season. I was thinking could it be that TAR had to fly to less prominent places for the last few legs to ensure that they keep spoilers down to the minimal as possible?

Oman is part of the Arabian Peninsula, and therefore still part of Asia.

TARA3 stayed in Southeast Asia (Thailand, Vietnam) for 3 legs, stayed in East Asia (Republic of China - Taiwan, People's Republic of China - Hong Kong and Macau) for 4 legs, stayed in South Asia (India) for 2 legs, and if they're going to Oman, then in Southwest (Middle East - Oman) for possibly one or two legs.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: The Amazing Race Asia 3 Spoilers/Speculation
« Reply #1354 on: November 10, 2008, 06:41:16 AM »
Article from Read My Mind:

Did Geoff and Tisha win The Amazing Race 3? Are rumors circulating in the forums correct? With a little over ten days to go before the conclusion of this year's Amazing Race Asia 3, speculations are running wild on who will end up winning. There are four teams left in the competition - Geoff and Tisha from the Philippines, Vince and Sam from Hong Kong, Ida and Tania from Malaysia, and AD and Fuzzie from Sinagpore - and they all have equal chances of winning. Ad and Fuzzie, though, have a little disadvantage as they have a 30 minute penalty going into the penultimate leg. But, as Ida and Tania have shown two episodes ago, this is no hindrance.

My initial speculation was that Vince and Sam are going to win by virtue of their Sony ad that came out two weeks ago. This was the pattern last season with Adrian and Collin. They came out in a Sony (major sponsor of the race) TV ad several weeks before the airing of the finale, and eventually ended up as the winners. I was 99% sure of my prediction until Henry and
Bernie, the other team from Malaysia who were eliminated two weeks ago, came out in another Sony ad last Thursday. Ha, so much for my 99%! He he. I'm not saying Vince and Sam aren't the winners this season. They might still turn out to be the winners with AXN just purposely derailing our speculation with that Sony ad of Henry and Bernie. However, I am now placing my money on another team.

Geoff and Tisha from the Philippines have gradually improved their teamwork and tactics in recent weeks. After languishing in the middle standings in the first half of the season, they surged to the top with successive wins in Macau and India, seemingly serving notice to the other racers that they were shifting gears and getting serious with the game. Their use of the 'Yield' on Henry and Bernie in Macau, and the 'U-Turn' on Ad and Fuzzie in India last week were controversial but nevertheless good tactical moves. With two legs to go, my guess is that they'll turn the heat up further and win it all (barring any mishap). However, things may change if, and only if, they get 'yielded' or 'u-turned' by the other teams. Since they've used these two 'penalties' to their advantage earlier, the other teams may work together to get back at them and this may play a big part in the final results (they may even get eliminated next). But if no yield or u-turn turns up in the remaining episodes, or if Geoff and Tisha get to the yield or u-turn ahead of the others, it will be a win for the Filipino tandem.

One interesting spoiler came out in the forums recently. Though this did not influence my speculation on the race results above, it is worth discussing here. Apparently, on a recent episode of the local talk show Hardball, one of the hosts slipped and congratulated Tisha. Actually, Jinno Rufino was reportedly greeting Tisha for her birthday last week then segued into some sort of congratulations before abruptly screeching to a halt followed by the words "oops". Though no mention was made about the Amazing Race Asia, audiences concluded that Jinno was congratulating Tisha for winning the race after his co-hosts reprimanded him for the slip up. "Geoff, if something goes wrong, you know who to blame," said one. Bill Velasco, another host of the show, reportedly added, "That is why they call it a non-disclosure clause."

With this, audiences concluded that Geoff and Tisha are the winners of the race. I am, however, quite apprehensive about arriving to such a conclusion based on what happened on Hardball. For one, Hardball is a taped talk show. Though I did not see this particular episode, as far as I know, they don't broadcast LIVE. Having said that, if it was indeed a slip up, it would have been edited. I think the guys in the show were just goofing off and teasing their friends Geoff and Tisha, as well as their viewers who are Amazing Race Asia 3 fanatics. Friends do that all the time.

But what if it really is true. What if Jinno et al "know" that Geoff and Tish are the winners of the race, not because the two told them, but because they read it in their actions. You know what I mean. Sometimes, we can "read" our friends' innermost thoughts (and secrets) by the way they move or talk, or especially by the way they try to deny something. Sometimes we just have this gut feeling that eventually turns out to be correct. What if it's that's the case here? Hmm.

Whatever it is, I hope they're right. I hope Geoff and Tisha are the winners of this year's Amazing Race Asia. They've worked so hard at it, using all the resources available to them to gain advantage over the other teams. They deserve to win.

My fearless forecast: Winners - Geoff and Tish, followed by Sam and Vince and Ida and Tania.

http://www.monacome.com/2008/11/geoff-tisha-winners-amazing-race-asia.html
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1355 on: November 10, 2008, 08:22:58 AM »
Yea i know Oman is in Asia, that's why i was just shocked they didn't move over to Europe like last season...

Offline Alvin06

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1356 on: November 10, 2008, 03:35:38 PM »
Yea i know Oman is in Asia, that's why i was just shocked they didn't move over to Europe like last season...

Yeah, and I just reacted to your statement of two continents. But nevertheless, this might be like season 1 again, staying in Asia only.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1357 on: November 10, 2008, 04:25:34 PM »
We've been here before! :jumpy:

(And the English's staring you straight in the eye!)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1358 on: November 10, 2008, 10:56:01 PM »
I can't see the pic on the left Neobie--so I am not sure what you mean?

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1359 on: November 11, 2008, 03:38:47 AM »
Let's see if this works...

edited to embed the pic

« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 03:52:50 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1360 on: November 11, 2008, 06:01:31 AM »
OH NICE!!

But when were we there before? ???

Hours of Op??
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline sayurkangkung

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1361 on: November 11, 2008, 08:50:57 AM »

But when were we there before? ???

Uhmm, Peach, u mean at TAR 9, yeah that was the pitstop for TAR 9 when they went to Oman CMIIW

Offline Sam‽

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sam's Reality Wiki
« Reply #1362 on: November 12, 2008, 01:05:18 PM »

Yeah, and I just reacted to your statement of two continents. But nevertheless, this might be like season 1 again, staying in Asia only.

Didn't they go to Australia and New Zealand in Season 1?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1363 on: November 12, 2008, 03:18:48 PM »
I thought the Pitstop in Oman was Jabreen Castle? (LINK ) ???

Latest AXN newsletter!  :jumpy:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1364 on: November 12, 2008, 05:42:36 PM »
I don't think we are finishing in Thailand this season. Or possibly even in Asia. Allan clearly mentioned at the start line that this was a race through Asia "and beyond". This week is Leg 10, and an Oman visit means we can't be leaving Asia until Week 11 - the final. Plus, if I have my numbers right, the current route, plus from Pune to Oman to Thailand, are nowhere near what we need to make the total stated in the promotional material. We'd have to be finishing in either North America, or the southern coast of Australia somewhere.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1365 on: November 12, 2008, 10:19:30 PM »
I don't think we are finishing in Thailand this season. Or possibly even in Asia. Allan clearly mentioned at the start line that this was a race through Asia "and beyond". This week is Leg 10, and an Oman visit means we can't be leaving Asia until Week 11 - the final. Plus, if I have my numbers right, the current route, plus from Pune to Oman to Thailand, are nowhere near what we need to make the total stated in the promotional material. We'd have to be finishing in either North America, or the southern coast of Australia somewhere.

:nods Agreeeeed.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1366 on: November 12, 2008, 10:40:51 PM »
I can't remember the mileage? But here is a fun way to figure it out:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,15503.msg320472.html#msg320472

Remember this is the Amazing Race ASIA...

And given the huge amount of interviews etc which take place immediately at the end of the race, I don't think the sponsors would like a North American finale location, lol...

I guess I am forced to give up on my lovely Cape Town leg though...sadly those introcaps must have referred to the TARA2 leg there...**sigh**

For what it is worth, I continue to hear chatter about Beijing...  even now, lol. :duno:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1367 on: November 12, 2008, 11:15:08 PM »

The pointy building is  labeled as "Mahatma Phule Mandai", and the yellow thingie is probably some sign.  Why is this important, we know exactly where this intersection is in Pune.  :angel:

Mahatma Phule Mandai ( Market )

Mahatma Phule Mandai is situated in the center of Pune City. Because of its location this place is often used for meetings, Conferences, starting point for the Ganesh festival procession etc. This market is well known for getting fresh vegetables, fruits and articles for the Poojas

edited to embed pic

Heee... the Detours were at this market, right??

:jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1368 on: November 13, 2008, 07:08:23 AM »
uh-oh!!

Apparently just before Ep 10 began on AXN they aired a Caltex ccommercial which showed AD/Fuzzie being asked who they think will win the race??

It appears from that commercial that AD/Fuzzie are eliminated tonight...

:crybabe:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1369 on: November 13, 2008, 07:36:57 AM »
That is unfortunate but overcoming the 30 minute penalty they are highly likely to receive makes it very difficult for AD/Fuzzie to not be eliminated in episode 10. One bad task (crushing sugar cane) was enough to derail their earlier higher finishes.

Offline bikermama

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1370 on: November 13, 2008, 08:10:10 AM »
In the final leg, the giant bath mat is on the beach, with coconut trees reaching deep inland. Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia or Philippines?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1371 on: November 13, 2008, 08:21:16 AM »
:thankyou: again bikermama--you were great!!

Neobie has some caps and will send them along shortly--I'll mark them and get them up ASAP...

Takes me a little while though so stay tuned!!  :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1372 on: November 13, 2008, 08:39:40 AM »
That long-tail boat with the cloth tied to the end... Has got to be southern Thailand?! (The cloth's to appease the sea spirits...)

Offline bikermama

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1373 on: November 13, 2008, 08:44:19 AM »
Yup. Not a Philippine vessel.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1374 on: November 13, 2008, 09:11:53 AM »
okay--caps should be coming in the next 15 minutes
RFF's Golden Rule: