Author Topic: The Amazing Race Asia 3 Spoilers/Speculation  (Read 540860 times)

Offline Anthonyctf

• RFF Jr. Member
Re: The Amazing Race Asia 3 Spoilers/Speculation (spoiler summary page 1)
« Reply #1050 on: October 16, 2008, 11:04:34 AM »
Maybe they have a RB/DT at the temple, then they took the chance of their time advantage to pray?

I think the RB is just like TAR11 ...... Climbing outside the Macau Tower
and the detour is Gambling or Dragon Dance
AD / Fuzzie & Ida/Tania are gambling becoz they are not physically
Geoff choose Drangon Dance becoz he does not like something about luck

Offline ryaniiez

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1051 on: October 16, 2008, 11:07:08 AM »
If it IS climbing the tower, I bet AD will do it....  :lol:

Geoff chose dragon dance cos he's physically strong.... and gambling needs luck. No luck, you'll be stuck. So, its more risky la....

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1052 on: October 16, 2008, 11:07:21 AM »
This is the SkyTower site

http://www.macautower.com.mo/eng/adventure/adventure_activities.asp

The Mast Climb and the SkyWalk wear the orange, the Bungy wears Blue...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1053 on: October 16, 2008, 11:14:04 AM »
I'm thinking the begging may be at a Temple and to Allah, not Allen! :lol:

Congratulation to Allan Wu to reaching the zen stage.  :jam:

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1054 on: October 16, 2008, 11:36:45 AM »
Since no other team was around, and I think they mentioned a 2 hour lead over another (with some Simon?), my guess is that they were among the final few contestants.

Somehow they're ahead of the other teams at the Singapore airport. Hmm.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1055 on: October 16, 2008, 11:54:32 AM »
I believe they are ahead in Delhi, banzai but I should recheck that.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1056 on: October 16, 2008, 11:58:55 AM »
I couldn't tell if the blogger was writing about a past event, and therefore could be TARA3, or whether it is some copycat event running atm.

FWIW from here
(bolded text is mine)

An exciting start to an eventful vacation.

On our way to Chennai, my brother and I bumped into a team from the next season of the Amazing Race at the Singapore airport.

Possible spoilers from the next Amazing Race Season ahead.

(Hereafter, "we" refers to me and my elder brother.)

We first noticed them after boarding the same Hong Kong - Singapore flight. Seeing their backpacks and the two cameramen behind, our immediate guess was that they were part of the Amazing Race. However, I didn't get a good look at them when they zipped past my seat and also, I was pretty tired then, so I spent all the time aboard sleeping rather than trying to find out if the guess was right. My brother usually acts as if such things are no big deal, so he didn't snoop around either.

After getting off at the Singapore airport, we were still discussing the possibility while standing in line for our next boarding pass at the Air India counter when they came and stood behind us. We immediately asked them THE question (if they were part of the Amazing Race) and lady said "We don't know what you are talking about."

It wasn't rocket science to figure out the instructions they had - that is to not say anything about the show. We spent few minutes with them and gathered quite a bit of information. The two contestants were representing Philippines, their next destination was Cochin, India (we even got a peek at the blue note with the globe symbol). Since no other team was around, and I think they mentioned a 2 hour lead over another (with some Simon?), my guess is that they were among the final few contestants.

Below is the picture I took with the team in the background (they couldn't pose - they aren't allowed to!). Notice the yellow-red flag and the backpacks with the number 9.

repost.  :tup: 2-hour lead at the Singapore airport on the way to India. Hmm.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1057 on: October 16, 2008, 12:03:40 PM »
Thanks, you were right!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1058 on: October 16, 2008, 02:22:35 PM »

Huh? Who ever mentioned Delhi? Did you really mean Cochin? Best flight does not go through Delhi, they are nonstop from Sinagpore to Cochin.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1059 on: October 16, 2008, 02:34:21 PM »

Huh? Who ever mentioned Delhi? Did you really mean Cochin? Best flight does not go through Delhi, they are nonstop from Sinagpore to Cochin.

That was already addressed and corrected...I made a mistake. :groan:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1060 on: October 16, 2008, 03:08:41 PM »

That was already addressed and corrected...I made a mistake. :groan:

Actually, let me clarify that.

They were in Singapore when the being ahead comment was made, that is correct.

BUT, after talking with our source, the best flight that I could turn up at the time that fit the parameter of ticketing w/ Air India and leaving about 6PM was AI 7408 which flew Singapore to New Delhi on 6/1.

You can read more re that here:
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,15379.msg309227.html#msg309227

Is there another flight on AI that departs 6PM ish and flies direct to Cochin?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1061 on: October 16, 2008, 04:32:26 PM »
ARA3 Timeline

I was surprised to discover that the full timeline has not been updated since June 2 even though legs of it have been updated. There are a number of assumptions to get me from that one to the updated version below:

1. I switched the order of Beijing and Bangkok to conform to what others have believed and due to the interplay of a May 18 Allan Wu Singapore airport sighting with the Chiang Mai leg. There isn't time to fit Bangkok - Beijing -  Chiang Mai via Bangkok into the schedule.
2. The Macau leg is very logical. Indeed, I speculated that it was one of about 10 highest probability places to follow Hong Kong.
3. The Singapore airport sighting of Allan Wu on June 1 does not appear to me to involve a leg there. I am sticking with it as a transit point between Hong Kong airport(following Macau leg) and Cochin.
4. I do not agree with sending teams off to Taiwan although the jury is not out on that yet. I have kept Hanoi as the next leg after Hue in this timeline.

May 19 Beijing - start of ARA3; pitstop

May 20 leg 2 begins; teams spotted in Beijing airport before 935am and then mid afternoon at Khao San Road in Bangkok

PEK BKK TG675 0830 1215  connecting in Bangkok to TG116 BKK CNX 1715 1825

May 21 Bankgkok tasks and pitstop

May 22 leg 3 begins; logical flights BKK CNX are:

TG102 0755 0855
TG104 1030 1140
TG616 1220 1330
TG110 1240 1350

tasks in Chiang Mai region; pitstop

May 23 leg 4 begins; CNX BKK TG103 0945 1055 connecting Bangkok to Bkk SGN AF164 1325 1450
tasks in Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)

May 24 tasks; Saigon area extended pitstop begins

May 25 pitstop continued until before 11pm;leg 5 begins; train leaves Saigon 2300 arrives Hue 1616+1 or plane flies next morning (26th) Vietnam Airlines250  0700 0820 SGN HUI

May 26 train arrives Hue 1616 (mid afternoon) or plane in morning;
tasks in Hue area including Imperial City completed before midnight; pitstop starts

May 27 begin leg 6 Hue to Hanoi;
Vietnam Airlines 244               1210 1320
tasks; begin pitstop

May 28 begin leg 7 Hanoi to Hong Kong
Vietnam Airways 790 HAN HKG 1105 1355
Vietnam Airways 792 HAN HKG 1910 2000
tasks in Hong Kong

May 29 complete tasks in Hong Kong with TBC; begin leg 8 in Macau after taking hydrofoil in under 1 hour

May 30 Macau tasks; pitstop

May 31 begin leg 9; return to Hong Kong Airport by hydrooil; fly through Singapore airport to Cochin
most probable flights are CX735 1415 1800 or CX711 1615 2000
SilkAir468   SIN COK 2155 2350

Peach, pleased note that every ARA3 Timeline after June 2 has included the flight SilkAir468 SIN COK 2155 2350. The one above was changed to May 31 at your request, but changed back to June 1 later. I have seen and shown a variation that leaves and arrives about 2 hours earlier, but that is immaterial for your question.

Your problem is your exclusive focus on Air India. SilkAir has the only nonstop SIN COK.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1062 on: October 16, 2008, 05:08:58 PM »
The issues are two:
one is that  the source and Geoff/Trisha were ticketing AT AN AIR India counter, so can they ticket Silk Air there?

And our source also said that Geoff/Trisha were leaving about three hours after their arrival, which was at 3:05PM, so 6-ish PM.

I have seen and shown a variation that leaves and arrives about 2 hours earlier, but that is immaterial for your question.
This may be quite material, actually, as a flight that leaves 7 hours after they arrived is not a flight that leaves 3 hours after they arrive, which is what we need. So earlier could indeed be better.

SO the "best" flight may not be the flight that our team took, which is what we are trying to find here. We need a flight that can both be ticketed at an Air India counter and departs about 6-ish PM.

In Singapore, our racers booked the next Air India flight from Singapore to Cochin, which was scheduled to depart in approx 3 hours from either Terminal 2 or 3.
--from our source
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1063 on: October 16, 2008, 10:09:24 PM »

Check out his pants. I guess he chose the lion dance challenge.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1064 on: October 16, 2008, 10:12:37 PM »
The issues are two:
one is that  the source and Geoff/Trisha were ticketing AT AN AIR India counter, so can they ticket Silk Air there?

And our source also said that Geoff/Trisha were leaving about three hours after their arrival, which was at 3:05PM, so 6-ish PM.

I have seen and shown a variation that leaves and arrives about 2 hours earlier, but that is immaterial for your question.
This may be quite material, actually, as a flight that leaves 7 hours after they arrived is not a flight that leaves 3 hours after they arrive, which is what we need. So earlier could indeed be better.

SO the "best" flight may not be the flight that our team took, which is what we are trying to find here. We need a flight that can both be ticketed at an Air India counter and departs about 6-ish PM.

In Singapore, our racers booked the next Air India flight from Singapore to Cochin, which was scheduled to depart in approx 3 hours from either Terminal 2 or 3.
--from our source

Peach: I believe I am a pretty good judge on air flights. I am telling you that any effort to take Air India through multiple cities (not just New Delhi) to Cochin from about 3am on arrives much later than the SilkAir nonstop flight. I did look at the specifics months ago but there is no point in me doing so again. If you believe that Air India is the airline of choice to Cochin, prove it because I can't. There are only 3 reasons for taking Air India: the Silkair flight was sold out or either SilkAir or WRP edicted that ARA3 teams could not use it, or a really poor travel agent or airline agent. The only Air India flight combination shown for Singapore to Cochin is this twice per week one that leaves at 0235 Sunday morning from Singapore:
 Flight Schedules from Singapore to Kochi
Flight No  Sector  Departure  Arrival  Aircraft  No of stops  Days  
AI7406   Singapore New Delhi   0235   0555   772  0  Fri Sun  
IC465    New Delhi Kochi   1730   2030   32S  0    

An alternative that I pieces together is:
AI307  Sinapore Delhi 1520  1825  772
AI307  New Delhi Mumbai  1920  2135  772
AI690  Mumbai Kochi  0145+1  0330+1 738

The once a day between Mumbai and Kochi flight AI690 above eliminates Mumbai for consideration of any additional alternate times.

I guess that it's possible that ARA3 teams took that 1520 flight from Singapore. However, no sane team would arrive at 330am the next morning when they could get there the prior evening with SilkAir.

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1065 on: October 16, 2008, 10:14:11 PM »
<a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/k3oE63b6gxK73MO1rR&amp;related=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/k3oE63b6gxK73MO1rR&amp;related=1</a>

episode 7 preview. Thanks to Jay's video.  :tup:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1066 on: October 16, 2008, 10:44:34 PM »
Apskip, I am not about to argue flights with you--I am sure you would like them on the best possible one.

All I am telling you is what the source heard them book, so that's what I looked for.

Is it possible they changed it later? Sure! But that's what we were told they ticketed.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1067 on: October 16, 2008, 10:46:32 PM »
Banzai!!  :jumpy: :hearts: :jumpy:

Best ever preview!

Lion dancing, slip/sliding away/ I ain't climbing up no mast in a thunderstorm!

:wohoo:

:ty
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ryaniiez

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1068 on: October 17, 2008, 03:50:24 AM »
Geoff mentioned a 2hr lead over SAM, not Simon....

That was in India, which isn't the next leg! Possibly in the next next leg? That means G/T overtake S/V next leg and get 2hr advantage/lead.

Wow, looks like G/T HAVE really picked up their game...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1069 on: October 17, 2008, 04:53:56 AM »
Actually the source did hear "Simon" but since there is no Simon, we have assumed he heard "SAM and" and translated it as "Simon".
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1070 on: October 17, 2008, 05:23:40 PM »
I have done a recheck on nonstop flights HKG SIN. There are 4 departing by 2pm on Sunday June 1:

CX717 0910 1250
CX739 1135 1525
CX735 1400 1810
SQ857 1030 1410 (could not find this now but there is SQ1 0800 1150 if not)

There are 3 more later in the afternoon or evening, but they would not allow reasonable connections in Singapore to Cochin.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1071 on: October 17, 2008, 05:45:16 PM »
And of course, we already know that Geoff and Trish and our source were on  Cathay Pacific # CX739 which departed HK approx 11:20 AM on June 1, so any others will have to be after that.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1072 on: October 18, 2008, 11:38:21 AM »
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ohl4gzoqyzy/TARA03E07preview2.avi
I found another clearer preview of episode #7.

It's Kam Sang apartment building in Hong Kong. I can't find a shadow to calculate the time. That's Sam and Vince.
See http://hongkong.asiaxpat.com/property/share-offices/124258.asp

District   Central (Neighbourhoods Description and Photos)
Address   255-257 Des Voeux Rd Central
Central - Above Sheung Wan MTR Station

http://wikimapia.org/#lat=22.287657&lon=114.1524231&z=17&l=0&m=h&v=1
They're heading to the Hong Kong - Macau ferry.  :wohoo:

Make your way by ferry.  :sucks

« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 11:55:47 AM by banzai »

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1073 on: October 18, 2008, 12:46:16 PM »
Think we got the Pit Stop? A-Ma Statue on Coloane Peak (actually the temple just next to it)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kApjNdkSFXg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BacVTX7ok24
ama temple

I can't find the exact spot but the antenna tower matches.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 05:23:37 PM by banzai »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1074 on: October 18, 2008, 01:35:27 PM »
 :lol:  Sit back and enjoy a musical tour of Macau  :sucks