Author Topic: The Amazing Race Asia 3 Spoilers/Speculation  (Read 540808 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: The Amazing Race Asia 3 Spoilers/Speculation (spoiler summary page 1)
« Reply #1000 on: October 10, 2008, 08:18:32 PM »
Well its driving me so crazy i can't stop looking for it, I bets its so right in your face that when someone does finds it, it will be like  DUH!!!!!!!!

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1001 on: October 10, 2008, 09:30:06 PM »
Strange - the scene at night showed them near the Provincial Highway 1 - running west out of Taiwan down the coast to the south of the island. Shifen (the Coal Mine) is east of Taipei, and the Sogo Department stall is right dab smack in the centre of Taipei (depends on where you define as the centre though). How did the taxi bring them so far out the opposite direction?

And did they move the car after they lost the taxi? The night and morning scenes look different!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 09:35:44 PM by Neobie »

Offline ryaniiez

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1002 on: October 11, 2008, 02:26:53 AM »
Yea..... The night before, the taxi they were following broke down.. When they were on the way to the freeway, but I believe Sogo isnt nowhere near the freeway??

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1003 on: October 12, 2008, 01:13:47 PM »

The flight is either 507, 607, or 007. The time is around 11:......
How do we find the flight? I think this is apskip's area of expertise.  :yess:

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1004 on: October 12, 2008, 01:30:00 PM »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1005 on: October 12, 2008, 01:55:54 PM »
Good job, Banzai!!  :jumpy:

:thankyou:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1006 on: October 12, 2008, 02:41:29 PM »

NORTH

SOUTH
http://wikimapia.org/2656739/King-s-Park-Sports-Ground

I can't find the exact spot. So I give you shadow of the day.  :jam:
7 PM is pitch black.  :sucks
I guess the rugby task comes before the ladies' market.  :yess:

There's a mat so it's not a TBC.  :yess:

They have a confession so maybe it's a NEL.  :jumpy:
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 02:51:12 PM by banzai »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1007 on: October 12, 2008, 04:10:19 PM »

The flight is either 507, 607, or 007. The time is around 11:......
How do we find the flight? I think this is apskip's area of expertise.  :yess:

Right, here is what I previoiusly wrote based on when team will be released from the pitstop:

Flights from Taipei to Hong Kong start at about 630am. Vince and Sam would be released around 4am and would make that first flight CX463 0625 0800. The other teams would be released between about noon and 2pm and could be on any of these flights:

CX511 1315 1500
CI679 1330 1575
BR855 1400 1540
CX565 1410 1555
CI673 1425 1510
KA481 1445 1630

Now, as a result of your inquiry I am adding CX407 0825 1025 to the list. It is the only ending "07" flight number that arrives that morning. I cannot explain why Vince and Sam would take that flight(and not take an earlier one) except that the earlier flights must have been sold out. CI907 1050 1235 does not fit your time window and would have an even greater credibiility problem for why Vince andd Sam waited that long to fly.

Offline Anthonyctf

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1008 on: October 13, 2008, 08:10:40 AM »
Is that no more Spoliers in Leg 6 ?? Yes?? :knuckles:
No I 've found a new spoliers :yess:

Plz see this newspaper

Let see this newspaper..............................
Oops I forget this is Eng Forum I need to translate to English :-[

Translate:

After 5 Leg 3 Country 5 Teams need to stop their journey :waves:
5 Teams remain Who will be next to be out of the toughest race ever?? B:)

The 6 Leg wiil race in the beautiful & wonderful & happiest & lovable city :funny: ...... Hong Kong
HK team is the first team who finished Leg 5
Would the have good adventage??

A lot of task will appear in this beautiful & wonderful & happiest & lovable city  :flirt:
Include that a task that in the old market in Central
The need to use the "Lucky Cookie" to get their Clue

The game is rush Everyteam is trying to ride the taxi to Kowloon
Except 1 Team fighre out the speediest way to KL.Will They do it sucessfuly??
Ladies Market is famous of the most beautiful & cheapest bag
They need to find one bag that contain their next clue
Let the team so frustrated Which team will be first to the pit stop---The Gold Fish Market??

A long newspaper My Eng. is bad Sorry :groan:

Offline Anthonyctf

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1009 on: October 13, 2008, 08:18:24 AM »
Conclusion:

travel by a trasportation (not the ferry) to Kowloon
1.That means Star Ferry is to HK Island (Will any team go to the wrong way :jam:)
2.Bernie bag's is come from our beautiful & wonderful & happiest & lovable city  :-[
   HK Ladie's Market
3.The newspaper seem to be wrong becoz the pit stop is in Stanley
   so Gold Fish Market is use for............ :res:
4. Lucky Cookie??
    Charla & Mirna :Cookie Cookie Monster :sucks
Any conclude plz comment

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1010 on: October 13, 2008, 09:05:41 AM »
Thanks Anthonyctf for the summary! I'll do the complete article so the detectives don't miss a thing...

The Amazing Race Asia
AXN (now Channel 512), Thursday nights at 10:00pm

16/10 (Thursday) - Season 3, Episode 6
Destination: Hong Kong

In a gruelling competition that has taken teams through five countries and territories (sic), five teams have been eliminated, and five remain to battle it out as they move one step closer to the finish line.

The latest leg takes place in Hong Kong; With "Team Hong Kong" holding a lead from the previous leg in Taipei and their newly-found home-turf advantage, will they surge far ahead of the other teams?

Among the tasks in the city is one taking place in an old, mysterious open market at Central, where teams rely on the help of "lucky cookies" (also "fortune cookies") to advance.

Every minute counts, and when most teams take the taxi to Kowloon, will a team find a quicker mode of transportation? And with the dizzying number of handbags at the Ladies' Market, wouldn't it be torturous to find one containing their next clue? And in the end, which team will beat the rest to Mongkok's Goldfish Market - the Pitstop for this leg of the race?

:groan: So little of this has to do with Hong Kong! (Especially those darned fortune cookies - ten years in Hong Kong and I have never, ever, ever had pieces of paper snuck into what I'm eating!)

The Star Ferry looks like a given, so I'm thinking the MTR (subway) is that one team's secret weapon. Travelling from Central to Mong Kok, a team taking the MTR should be able to shave off at least fifteen minutes avoiding the circuitous and congested roads!

Two legs - two Pitstops? Is that even possible? But that means we'd have to end the race in Africa or something?

Map updated: Green line shows MTR route from Central to Mong Kok, red line shows taxi route.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 09:17:19 AM by Neobie »

Offline Anthonyctf

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1011 on: October 13, 2008, 09:14:22 AM »
Thanks Anthonyctf for the summary! I'll do the complete article so the detectives don't miss a thing...

The Amazing Race Asia
AXN (now Channel 512), Thursday nights at 10:00pm

16/10 (Thursday) - Season 3, Episode 6
Destination: Hong Kong

In a gruelling competition that has taken teams through five countries and territories (sic), five teams have been eliminated, and five remain to battle it out as they move one step closer to the finish line.

The latest leg takes place in Hong Kong; With "Team Hong Kong" holding a lead from the previous leg in Taipei and their newly-found home-turf advantage, will they surge far ahead of the other teams?

Among the tasks in the city is one taking place in an old, mysterious open market at Central, where teams rely on the help of "lucky cookies" (also "fortune cookies") to advance.

Every minute counts, and when most teams take the taxi to Kowloon, will a team find a quicker mode of transportation? And with the dizzying number of handbags at the Ladies' Market, wouldn't it be torturous to find one containing their next clue? And in the end, which team will beat the rest to Mongkok's Goldfish Market - the Pitstop for this leg of the race?

:groan: So little of this has to do with Hong Kong! (Especially those darned fortune cookies - ten years in Hong Kong and I have never, ever, ever had pieces of paper snuck into what I'm eating!)

The Star Ferry looks like a given, so I'm thinking the MTR is that one team's secret weapon. Travelling from Central to Mong Kok, a team taking the MTR should be able to shave off at least fifteen minutes avoiding the circuitous and congested roads!

Two legs - two Pitstops? Is that even possible? But that means we'd have to end the race in Africa or something?

Could the Mongkok's Goldfish Market is just a destination not a pit stop :res:
becoz the newspaper often wrong
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 09:23:35 AM by Anthonyctf »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1012 on: October 13, 2008, 09:23:28 AM »
When I searched for Ladies' Market and Goldfish Market, I got the same address: Tung Choi in Mongkok. Are they next to each other?
So little of this has to do with Hong Kong! (Especially those darned fortune cookies - ten years in Hong Kong and I have never, ever, ever had pieces of paper snuck into what I'm eating!)
  :js: I'm not surprised, it's a California invention; L.A. and S.F. even went to (legal) civil war over the issue! :argue:

Offline Anthonyctf

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1013 on: October 13, 2008, 09:28:06 AM »
When I searched for Ladies' Market and Goldfish Market, I got the same address: Tung Choi in Mongkok. Are they next to each other?
So little of this has to do with Hong Kong! (Especially those darned fortune cookies - ten years in Hong Kong and I have never, ever, ever had pieces of paper snuck into what I'm eating!)
  :js: I'm not surprised, it's a California invention; L.A. and S.F. even went to (legal) civil war over the issue! :argue:

I've find the different source

About the Lucky Cookie (The correct name is Fortune Cookie)
Is the people put some Auspicious Messages /Fai Chun / Red Paste
in a piece of cookie The among of people eat it too see who is lucky
Yes.....it is simliar to TAR11
WIKI: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fortune_Cookie

The most important part : Chinese Legend
Although fortune cookies are undoubtedly a modern invention, a legend has been developed and circulated to explain their origins. According to this legend, in the 14th century, when the Mongols ruled China, a revolutionary named Chu Yuan Chang planned an uprising against them. He used mooncakes to pass along the date of the uprising to the Chinese by replacing the yolk in the center of the mooncake with the message written on rice paper. The Mongols did not care for the yolks, so the plan went on successfully and the Ming Dynasty began. It is claimed that the Moon Festival celebrates this with the tradition of giving mooncakes with messages inside. Immigrant Chinese railroad workers, without the ingredients to make regular mooncakes, made biscuits instead. It is these biscuits that may have later inspired fortune cookies

This History is also the History of Mooncakes......................................

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1014 on: October 13, 2008, 09:28:18 AM »
Fortune cookies have as much significance to Hong Kong as do laundromats. (I believe there are more laundromats in Waco, Texas than there are in Hong Kong... Stupid CBS and stereotyping Americans! Chinatown != China..!)

(:;)

Outdoor market at Central's probably the one at Pottinger St...

And yep, both markets are along Tung Choi St! Ladies' Market is in the southern stretch running from Dundas to Argyle Sts, and Goldfish Market runs from Mong Kok to Prince Edward Rds. The area specifically mentioned in the newspaper article (Tin'kwong Market) is the bit labelled "Golden Fish Wholesale Market" along Prince Edward Rd W. Really too busy to be a Pitstop, actually.

(Aww ignore the red circle in the map, stole it from the tourism board. On that note, I am utterly embarrassed by the English that the TOURISM BOARD produces. "Golden fish"?!)

« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 09:54:01 AM by Neobie »

Offline bikermama

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1015 on: October 13, 2008, 09:30:54 AM »

Yup, you take the MTR to the same station. From there, it's a matter of choosing the right exit (as many as 14, going in different directions)--which can be a problem if you don't know where you're going.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 09:36:20 AM by bikermama »

Offline Anthonyctf

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1016 on: October 13, 2008, 09:34:17 AM »
However don't mess up with 魚市場(Fish Market) & 天光墟(The Pit Stop which is write on the newspaper)

FISH MARKET IS NEAR TUNG CHOI STREET
http://zh.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=%E9%87%91%E9%AD%9A%E8%A1%97&variant=zh-hk →CHINESE

BUT The Pit Stop which is write on the newspaper IS NEAR BOUNDARY STREET
http://hk.knowledge.yahoo.com/question/?qid=7008061200144 →CHINESE
http://zh.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=%E5%A4%A9%E5%85%89%E5%A2%9F&variant=zh-hk →CHINESE

They are totally different........
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 09:47:30 AM by Anthonyctf »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1017 on: October 13, 2008, 06:01:23 PM »
Thank you Anthony so much for the new info! What a nice surprise to come home to! :hearts: !!

And  :ty3: to Neobie for the explanation and the MAPS! And to bikermama for the subway details!  And to Slowhatch as always!!

SO how can we put this together now?

We have a Pitstop complete w. Host, Mat and greeter at Stanley Pier.

We have a cluebox in Mong Tuk, the new Ladies Market task (part of a Detour?) , and an unknown in the Fish Market? Maybe Roadblock or other half of the Detour? ???

We know at some point (not necessarily this leg) that Sam and Vince have a task involving swimming and one involving moving cats...

Yippee for new things to spoil!  :jumpy: :jumpy:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1018 on: October 14, 2008, 06:30:08 PM »
Clearing up an incorrect date for a confirmed spoiler. Allan's blog mentions (under the entry "Bye Bye Beauty Babes") that he flew up to Hue and did his camera pieces -- presumably including the Imperial Palace bit -- the day before the contestants arrived, when they were travelling by bus.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #1019 on: October 14, 2008, 07:59:18 PM »
Clearing up an incorrect date for a confirmed spoiler. Allan's blog mentions (under the entry "Bye Bye Beauty Babes") that he flew up to Hue and did his camera pieces -- presumably including the Imperial Palace bit -- the day before the contestants arrived, when they were travelling by bus.
Yes, its confirmed the 25th here if thats what you mean?

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1021 on: October 15, 2008, 02:26:23 PM »
http://www.alivenotdead.com/allanwu
And with this next pit stop lasting over fifteen hours, I was definitely going to need every single minute of our short rest before our call time. 

Tell you all about that next time!

So in this leg, by the time I go out to perform my first "mobile elimination" this season with Mai and Oliver, over fifteen hours have passed since Sam and Vince checked in the day before.

That's what he meant. A 15-hour leg. Hmm.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1022 on: October 15, 2008, 03:12:57 PM »
banzai, no that's not quite correct. The minimum leg time would be about 2 hours (Vince and Sam on the Fast Forward). The maximum time would be that 2 hours + 15 hours = 17 hours.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1023 on: October 15, 2008, 03:22:43 PM »
Newsletter is up!!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1024 on: October 15, 2008, 03:29:46 PM »
From Michael McKay:
1 day ago, Michael_McKay says:   

Hi folks, my apologies for not getting back to everyone.
I am currently in Cannes, France for MIPCOM, the annual television market.

As I think most of you will appreciate, we've been quite hard on the Teams over the first 5 Legs. I think this week might a good time to let them have some fun so expect it to be a little more light hearted. I can't promise the light heartedness will remain beyond the next leg though ;)

Hope you enjoy this week's episode and get a laugh out of it.

So, more light hearted in the tasks? Or the fact that is almost 100% sure to be a NEL?  :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule: