Author Topic: The Amazing Race Asia 3 Spoilers/Speculation  (Read 540814 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: The Amazing Race Asia 3 Spoilers/Speculation (spoiler summary page 1)
« Reply #950 on: October 05, 2008, 02:12:29 PM »
We saw them in the tunnel this week, so prob not so helpful for next week.

Don't forget the tunnel shot.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #951 on: October 05, 2008, 04:45:33 PM »
Even though it's always tough to see another team go, I could still put on a smile cuz we could all now get some much-needed rest...

And with this next pit stop lasting over fifteen hours, I was definitely going to need every single minute of our short rest before our call time. 

Just as a though, could it be a 24 hr pitstop, but because of the 4 hr penalty, Neena & Amit were 9 hrs behind the rest of the teams, so Allan only had 15 hrs before having to hit the road again for the next leg. If this version of the race is taking it's toll on the contestants as the hardest race ever, then it's definately going to be hard on the staff too.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #952 on: October 05, 2008, 05:31:06 PM »
Peach:
I have discovered after major effort the Taiwan High Speed Train schedule between Taipei and Zuoying. The schedule is for 0630 to midnight, but let's look starting at 0800. Every hour like clockwork there are 4 trains following that route. The one-stop trains leave at :00 and :42 and arrive in 96 minutes. The 6 stop trains leave at :06 and 0:30 and arrive in 120 minutes. However, that is only to Zuoying, not all the way to Kaohsiung where the high speed station is not built yet. Teams arriving at Zuoying will transfer to the Kaohsiung Mass Transit system. I don't know the schedules for that, but I can guess depending on where teams have to go. "Kaohsiung area" is 2 stops and maybe 6 minutes. Kaohsiung station is 5 stops and maybe 15 minutes. Kaohsiung International Airport is 12 stops and maybe 36 minutes.

Puddin:
I don't think you will find any major Taiwan cities in the mountains beacuse there aren't any. Virtually all urban development in Taiwan has been on or near the coasts. Now roads have helped provide better access to the east coast of Taiwan, but cities there are pretty much all on or near the coast.

Offline kaad

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #953 on: October 08, 2008, 03:36:26 AM »
Is there anybody posted this news?

http://hk.news.yahoo.com/article/080929/3/8h6e.html

It's about Sam & Vince,and I think it contains 2 spoiler of Roadblock
and it shows how far they stay in the competition

I'm showing that paragraph:
遊戲中部分挑戰是要選一個隊員獨力迎戰,他們可按提示決定人選,雖然二人個性迥異,但原來決定人選亦困難重重。Sam說:「有提示是要游泳,自然選了Vince,但原來游泳過程要考智力;有一次提示是貓,我一向喜歡貓,便由我出賽,誰知遊戲要求搬動數十隻小貓。」

During the race, some of the tasks need to pick one team member to do it alone (which mean Roadblock), they can decide which one to do it based on what the clue had said. Although they have different strength , but it's actually hard to make the decision. "Once, the clue said that it needs to swim, so we chose Vince, but it turned out the task also involved mental part;And another time, the clue said something about cat, I love cat, so i got to do that, but i found out ...the task was requesting to move a bunch of cats.(it said "more than ten", i guess it's about 30-80)",Sam said.

and the last paragraph:
至今遊戲已圓滿結束,但二人都不願透露結果。不過無論如何,他們都已贏得友誼。Vince說:「雖然有不同意見,但我們不斷提醒對方『這只是遊戲,不能因此失去好友』,最後我們的友情增進了!」

The race is now over, but both of them hadn't reveal the result to us. But whatever had happened, they already won their friendship."Even though we have different opinions, but we still remind
 to each other constantly ' it's just a game, I am not gonna lose our friendship.', and at last, it took our friendship farther!",Vince said.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 10:50:22 AM by kaad »

Offline Anthonyctf

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #954 on: October 08, 2008, 04:58:08 AM »
Is there anybody posted this news?

http://hk.news.yahoo.com/article/080929/3/8h6e.html

It's about Sam & Vince,and I think it contains 2 spoiler of Roadblock
and it shows how far they stay in the competition

I'm showing that paragraph:
遊戲中部分挑戰是要選一個隊員獨力迎戰,他們可按提示決定人選,雖然二人個性迥異,但原來決定人選亦困難重重。Sam說:「有提示是要游泳,自然選了Vince,但原來游泳過程要考智力;有一次提示是貓,我一向喜歡貓,便由我出賽,誰知遊戲要求搬動數十隻小貓。」

During the race, some of the tasks need to pick one team member to do it alone (which mean Roadblock), they can decide which one to do it based on what the clue had said. Although they have different strength , but it's actually hard to make the decision. "Once, the clue said that it needs to swim, so we chose Vince, but it turned out the task also involved mental part;And another time, the clue said something about cat, I love cat, so i got to do that, but i found out ...the task was requesting to move a bunch of cats.(it said "more than ten", i guess it's about 30-80)",Sam said.

and the last paragraph:
至今遊戲已圓滿結束,但二人都不願透露結果。不過無論如何,他們都已贏得友誼。Vince說:「雖然有不同意見,但我們不斷提醒對方『這只是遊戲,不能因此失去好友』,最後我們的友情增進了!」

The race is now over, but both of them hadn't reveal the result to us. But whatever had happened, they already won their friendship."Even though we have different opinions, but we still remind
 to each other constantly ' it's just a game, I are not gonna lost our friendship.', and at last, our friendship have pulled further!

YAYAYAYAYAYAYA :hearts:
That means HK Team at least go through at least 2leg
Until the two RB has be shown
Go Team HK!!! :wohoo:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #955 on: October 08, 2008, 06:00:32 AM »
Thank you kaad!! Good news!  :hearts: Thanks for the translation!

And of course we need some upcoming NEL's now, so this week may perhaps be a NEL?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #956 on: October 08, 2008, 10:51:32 AM »
It's time for some speculation. I have been totally impressed by AD&Fuzzie and Ida&Tania. I had guessed before the beginning that they were classy teams but I had no idea that they could effectively compete. They certainly can. They go into my Final 3 forecast along with Bernie&Henry who I previously predicted as a really good team. That means that Oliver&Mai, Geoff&Tisha and Vince&Sam will have to be eliminated to make that Final 3 a reality. That's a tall order but has a reasonable chance of being true. Those teams all make mistakes, which AD&Fuzzie and Ida&Tania have really not.

Offline kaad

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #957 on: October 08, 2008, 10:52:59 AM »
Sorry for the rush translation at the end of the paragraph!
I have edited the last line. :-[

Offline ryaniiez

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #958 on: October 08, 2008, 11:44:52 AM »
Anybody here ges to EMW? If you do, NOW you understand why I predicted Japan in this forum? So I'm STICKING LIKE SUPPERRR GLUUEEE to Japan. I think it's either Tokyo/Osaka/Hokkaido. Heh.... Maybe.....

They do Detour and RB in Taiwan, then after evrything, they go to Allan and Allan tells them the race is STILL on, they have to fly to Japan, where they have to do ANOTHER detour and a extra task and go to the pitstop in Japan.....

Imagination...LOL :)

BUT in this "imagination" of mine, the window-knocking part fits in nowhere. Lol.

Oh! Maybe...

After the RB, teams get their clue that asks them to "Meet Allan on the mat", then Mai/Oliver lose their way (AGAIN!) and end u back at original RB place. Allan goes there and tells them tht they HAVE TO skip th RB and go to Japan...

Oh well, it's all my IMAGINATION.....  :tup:

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #959 on: October 08, 2008, 03:54:42 PM »
http://amazing-race-asia.axn-asia.com/season3/forum/605669/topic/605848/page/3/index.html#comments

16 hours ago, nadlamok says:         

for EP. 5
- still in taiwan
- a fast forward is set to appear.
- play a movie challenge. probably a road block.
- coal mining task
- one team get so tired that they took time to sleep instead. this is where allan was shown knocking on one of the cars.
- intense episode with accident, police involvements and screaming matches.

7 hours ago, JPIAn_Ako says:         

Actually I have read this "Minor Spoiler" on The Philippine Star newspaper this morning. I'm trying to get the link on the internet so most of you can read it
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 03:58:15 PM by banzai »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #960 on: October 08, 2008, 04:30:29 PM »
Sounds like a Elim episode to me. Thanks banzai, kaad, & Anthony for the good info :)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #961 on: October 08, 2008, 04:54:09 PM »
An old electric coal mining train. The museum guide proudly explained that there are only two of these in the world, both in this museum. They were built by the Japanese during their occupation of Taiwan. With only one headlight and an outer yellow body resembling the garment of monks, some nickenamed it the one-eyed monk. Taiwan Coal Mine Museum,  Pingsi.
Address
No. 5, Dingliaozi, Sinliao Village, Pingsi Township, Taipei County 226, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
Tel: 886-2-2495-8680
Fax: 886-2-2495-8901

map
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 04:59:37 PM by puddin »

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #962 on: October 08, 2008, 06:07:23 PM »
Anybody here ges to EMW? If you do, NOW you understand why I predicted Japan in this forum? So I'm STICKING LIKE SUPPERRR GLUUEEE to Japan. I think it's either Tokyo/Osaka/Hokkaido. Heh.... Maybe.....

They do Detour and RB in Taiwan, then after evrything, they go to Allan and Allan tells them the race is STILL on, they have to fly to Japan, where they have to do ANOTHER detour and a extra task and go to the pitstop in Japan.....

Imagination...LOL :)

BUT in this "imagination" of mine, the window-knocking part fits in nowhere. Lol.

Oh! Maybe...

After the RB, teams get their clue that asks them to "Meet Allan on the mat", then Mai/Oliver lose their way (AGAIN!) and end u back at original RB place. Allan goes there and tells them tht they HAVE TO skip th RB and go to Japan...

Oh well, it's all my IMAGINATION.....  :tup:

Ryaniez, you do have a fine IMAGINATION, but let's look at the logistical considerations for what you propose. Let's play out the scenario of a Taiwan leg ending in a TBC, followed by a Japan leg which then continues to Hong Kong where we know teams have to be:

May 27 12:00 to 2:00am teams arrive at fourth pitstop
12:00pm to 2:00pm teams are released from the pitstop
assume that tasks for leg 5 will take into the early evening
TBC starts at maybe 7pm to 9pm and teams immediately check flight options for Tokyo or Osaka (not Hokkaido)
last flight from TPE to NRT leaves at 1630 arrives 2040; best option is first flight May 28 is JL640 0820 1230
last flight from TPE to OSA leaves at 1605 arrives 1940; best option is first flight May 28 is NW070 0730 1105

So, this means no team can reach Tokyo or Osaka before noon on May 28. Tasks would take into the evening, say at 8pm. Release from the next pitstop could happen around 8am on May 29. The huge problem with that is that teams are supposed to be in Hong Kong then at the latest. First flight to arrive from NRT at HKG is CX509  0945 1325. First flight to arrive from OSA at HKG is NH175 1055 1345. The entire time frame of your proposed path does not compute. The reason is mainly the large time taken by even the fastest flights and the fact that schedules only exist for an 8 hour period every day.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #963 on: October 08, 2008, 07:24:52 PM »
An old electric coal mining train. The museum guide proudly explained that there are only two of these in the world, both in this museum. They were built by the Japanese during their occupation of Taiwan. With only one headlight and an outer yellow body resembling the garment of monks, some nickenamed it the one-eyed monk. Taiwan Coal Mine Museum,  Pingsi.
Address
No. 5, Dingliaozi, Sinliao Village, Pingsi Township, Taipei County 226, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
Tel: 886-2-2495-8680
Fax: 886-2-2495-8901

map

:lol:  well, at least they don't have to travel far, it's only about 15 miles from Taipei (as the crow flies).   :groan:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #964 on: October 08, 2008, 08:06:26 PM »
well if they stay near Taipei we can search these loactions for Allan knocking on the window, lol!

Cities and townships of Taipei County

County seat: Banciao City

Cities Banciao City · Hsichih City · Hsinchuang City · Jhonghe City · Lujhou City · Sanchong City · Shulin City · Sindian City · Tucheng City · Yonghe City 

Urban townships Rueifang · Sansia · Tamsui · Yingge

Rural townships Bali · Gongliao · Jinshan · Linkou · Pinglin · Pingsi · Sanjhih · Shengkeng · Shihding · Shihmen · Shuangsi · Taishan · Wanli · Wugu · Wulai

Categories: Cities in Taiwan • Taipei County

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #965 on: October 08, 2008, 08:18:26 PM »
What about searching film companies? I just had a quick look without turning up anything, lol...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #966 on: October 08, 2008, 08:30:09 PM »
I love the miner train!! Thanks puddin!!  :hearts:

:duno: about this:

Located on Chihshan Road, the Chinese Culture and Movie Studio (pronounced Chungyin) houses a folk hall, wax museum, movie-making hall and replicas of traditional Chinese stone wall, concrete walkways, an ancient gate, shops, stalls and hotels. All extracted from the scenes which were part of traditional Taiwanese movies.

It also has a 360 degree screen movie theater and artificial snowscape. Some of the Chinese movies and television programs are even filmed here. 
Address:  No.34,Sec. 2,Chihshan Road,Shihlin District,Taipei City,Taiwan (R.O.C.)
opening hours:  8:30am - 10:00pm

Getting there : 

By Own Car :
Go straight on Shilin Foolin Road until you reach Chihshan Road and drive towards the National Palace Museum.

Public Commute:
Bus :
Take the city bus no. 210, 255, or 304 and alight at Chunyi Cultural City.

http://traveling.network.com.tw/Taiwan/point/187.html

« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 01:44:59 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #967 on: October 08, 2008, 08:45:29 PM »
I was thinking the movie had to do with the Sony Bravia TV's? Maybe they have to find a message or something?

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #968 on: October 09, 2008, 08:58:02 AM »
Next stop: HONG KONG!

Vince and Sam are running with the ticket agent - I think they barely scrape onto a flight! Fuzzie's not too happy about that. Cathay, China Airlines, Thai Airways, Dragonair and EVA are the five airlines operating direct services between Taipei and Hong Kong. Over to you, Apskip! :tup:

I see the Star Ferry - wow, four seasons of Hong Kong and each of them featuring the Star Ferry? AD/Fuzzie and Bernie/Henry are still together on this one. Geoff is waiting at the Central Pier - this means they're taking the ferry over to Tsimshatsui or Hung Hom, not the other way around.

Location of the rugby - King's Park in Kowloon? That looks like the Parc Palais in the background. It's a reference to the Hong Kong Sevens by the way...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 10:12:33 AM by Neobie »

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #969 on: October 09, 2008, 09:49:55 AM »
(continued)

Offline Vicdemort

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Geek in RFF
« Reply #970 on: October 09, 2008, 10:07:41 AM »
Hello from Hong Kong!
Hope everyone have enjoyed the mad episode!

Here is what I spot from the preview of next episode:

Teams run out from a Star Ferry (the green gate). Also you can see a red warning sign with white words on it.

The field task MAY be in Happy Valley where there are ricket field, football fields and a horse racecourse. I think I can reconize the buildings behind it, but I am not very sure.

If they are taking the ferry from Central Pier to Hung Hom/Tsim Sha Tsui, the field task is most probably before they took the ferry.
TARV5: Ultimate Evil
Good luck to Final 3!

Offline Anthonyctf

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #971 on: October 09, 2008, 10:18:14 AM »
Or Maybe in TW wait all team starting in the same time
then fly to HK To travel by ferry to HK Island then RB
after that they will go back to Mong Kok
Do a Detour Go to Pit Stop(NEL I Think)

OR

Go to RB First Then Go to FERRY TO MONG KOK THEN PIT STOP

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #972 on: October 09, 2008, 10:23:57 AM »
Well, we know the Pit Stop's in Stanley (Hong Kong Island), and there's a task at Mongkok's Ladies Market (Kowloon). Geoff is definitely waiting at Central Pier (Hong Kong Island) to get to Kowloon.

If the rugby's at King's Park (Could anyone confirm? Try Googling 京士柏!), which houses the Hong Kong Sevens' organizer, the Rugby Football Union, that'd be in Kowloon as well.

But well, Hong Kong's too small for any of this to matter! :lol:

The video! (Finally bought a Sony HD Camcorder. McKay you win!)

(Map moved downthread)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 09:18:33 AM by Neobie »

Offline ryaniiez

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #973 on: October 09, 2008, 10:28:48 AM »
OH MY GAWDDD S/V ARE GOING TO OWN THIS LEGG LIKE  WTH?!?!

Lol I'm overreacting. But its true. It's their home land(maybe not for Sam), they've got the HUGE lead over Bernie/Henry(2nd) and da others.

Homeland = No language barrier. No Directional problems.

Seriously. They. Will. Own.
Can I predict the standings? Btw it's set to be a NEL. Cos the no. of teams left doesn't fit with the no. of legs left.

No. of legs left : 11(original/total no. which I learnt from Wiki)legs - 5legs = 6legs.

Finale has 3 teams, which is on leg11.
So, 2teams must be eliminated on legs 6,7,8,9,10.(5legs) 4th placed team must be eliminated on leg10.

At most, leg6 5th place eliminated. Legs7,8,9 MUST be NELs. So at least 3more NELs!

Ok, on to the prediction.

1st : Sam/Vince(I mentioned the reasons alr)
2nd : Henry/Bernie(What can I say abt the most consistent so far?)
3rd : Ad/Fuzzeh(They will lose a footrace to H/B. They really cant win a footrace, huh?)
4th : Ida/Tania(They'll get police escorts(AGAIN), but they'll lose out in the language part. Only Chi they know is "xiexieni~~!!!")
5th : Geoff/Tish(They got same problem as I/T, but G/T dun have Police escorts.^^)

But G/T fans (which are mainly Filipinos(pardon my spelling)), don't fret. they're not getting eliminated. Just that they'll lose their money. Somemore bad news. Most of the remaining teams have something against Geoff, so they cant expect any donations from the others.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #974 on: October 09, 2008, 10:52:17 AM »
Ahhah!