Author Topic: The Amazing Race Asia 3 Spoilers/Speculation  (Read 539995 times)

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
Re: The Amazing Race Asia 3 Spoilers/Speculation
« Reply #100 on: June 03, 2008, 12:57:34 AM »
w2g peach :hearts:

good detecting :tup:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #101 on: June 03, 2008, 01:50:41 AM »
Andrew (author/reporter Andrew, not blogger Andrew :lol:) has an excellent website on Chiang Mai: http://www.1stopchiangmai.com/

with all sorts of yummy pics and links and things to do.

And  a wonderful Chiang Mai zoomable Map!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Online Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: June 03, 2008, 04:33:02 AM »
Thanks Slowhatch for finding that!

oh my...

Wait they have 2 do that!!! wow...  :duno:
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #103 on: June 03, 2008, 07:37:47 AM »
It is a bungy, kiwi, and we don't know yet, but it looks way cool, doesn't it? Loads more pics on that X-centre's site...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

nikita

« Reply #104 on: June 03, 2008, 09:57:31 AM »
Thanks Slowhatch for finding that!

oh my...

Wait they have 2 do that!!! wow...  :duno:

They also have one in Phuket. I think it's 200ft.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #105 on: June 03, 2008, 10:57:47 AM »
Okay more from Meg! re the Chiang Mai airport sighting:

I sent her the airport external view and terminal map that I posted here:
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,15379.msg302546.html#msg302546

and also the Bangkok contestant pic to see if anyone looked familiar,
and also asked where they could have been coming from and if she was sure about couple 3 and what flight she was on, and this is her reply:

alright the pic of the airport is definitely where we were...we were under that part that juts out (the covered drive way).

we were on a domestic flight from bangkok. Thai Airways Flight 110. I'm 99% sure they weren't on it though,

Looking at the airport diagram i'd say that yeah they definitely could have come from the international arrival area. that would make the most sense actually. we didn't notice the first two couples until they were basically right next to us but the third definitely came from further down the drive through area (beyond (i.e. further into the pic) the covered walkway in the airport pic).

i have to say that i really don't think that picture of the people in bangkok contains any of the three couples we saw. the two guys and the guy/girl were very white i.e. not asian at all. also the two girls in that pic were not the two we saw for certain.

couple 3 was definitely with the race. one camera guy an one guy with a microphone. otherwise we wldn't have thought twice about them.

happy to help
meg

When she said that the couples were coming from the right, this terminal map made me think that perhaps they had just arrived via an International flight since the arrival areas are different...

Apskip, any way to see what might have arrived there Int at about the same time as her domestic flight did (roughly 2PM on 5/22)? Might pinpoint where they came from if we are missing a 5/21-22 leg somewhere. If they were coming from Bangkok, they should have been on Meg's flight...

I need to recheck the mini-Timeline for sightings too...

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #106 on: June 03, 2008, 11:20:03 AM »
To add to our contestant list then we have:

#1:one was two shorter women.  they had black backpacks on and on the packs were yellow stickers that had an army slogan (i.e. "you can do it").  I remember them as wearing all black as well.  They were rather short
5'5"or less and while I don't want to sound prejudicial my two friends that I was traveling with (who are both gay) totally thought these two women were too.  i actually never saw their faces.  i will fwd to my friends and see if they have any info. >>update: "i didn't see the faces of the two girls (couple #1) but my friend thinks one might have been a black woman.

#2:  two younger (20s/30s)guys...will have to double check. >>update neither the second nor third couples were asian."

#3: the third was definitely a guy and a girl (prob. dating).  they were both white.  she had longer brown/black hair and was really skinny and wearing a little tank top.  he had a british accent b/c he's the one that said "" i don't know what you're talking about"  THey looked to be in their early 30s. 

And none of these couples seem to be in the Bangkok eating bugs photo here from what she can see:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: June 03, 2008, 02:46:31 PM »
Part One of my flight research requested by Peach is the nonstop domestic flights from BKK to CNX.

The flight the observers took was TG110 BKK CNX 1240 1350.

The most likely flight that ARA3 teams were on is TG616 1220 1330, landing 20 minutes before the other. I understand that this comes in at the domestic terminal and that is not a good fit with the information. However, my research on flights from Beijing to Chiang Mai showed that all such flights are connections in Bankgkok, so they would arrive at domestic also.

Other flights BKK CNX were:
TG102 0745 0855
TG104 1030 1140
TG126 1715 1925
TG125 1900 2010
BangkokAir215 0800 0915
BangkokAir219 1700 1815

From Bejing the logical flights are TG675 0830 1215 connecting in BKK with TG116 above OR
TG615 1735 2120 connecting after overnight in BKK airport with TG102 above.

I am next going to look at international flights directly in Chiang Mai, but I consider it an unlikely exercise as none of them will be from Bangkok or Beijing, the two places we know they might have originated from this day.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 06:33:46 PM by apskip »

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #108 on: June 03, 2008, 03:01:32 PM »
International flights come into Chiang Mai originating  from Kunming, Singapore, Hong Kong, Yangon and Kuala Lumpur. The only direct flight is from Kunming TG617 KMG CNX 1815 1850. All originations from Singapore, Hong Kong, Yangon and Kuala Lumpur connect through Bangkok. That international terminal at Chiang Mai must have very little traffic.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #109 on: June 03, 2008, 03:21:03 PM »
I don't think we want flights from EITHER Beijing or Bangkok, but from an inbetween Bangkok and Chiang Mai location.

I still think 19-20 Beijing, 20 travel to Bangkok, 20-21 Bangkok, and now we could have a leg 21-22 somewhere else before they arrive Chiang Mai 5/22..

Or Bangkok could be an extended pitstop which also fits...

And always supposing that the Chiang Mai leg isn't 21-22 and what we see is them leaving the airport, which I think is doubtful.

Apskip and I don't agree on my Timeline though, so take it with a grain of salt! :lol:

Maybe flights that start in another country, but pause in Bangkok, still land in the International terminal? That happens here...

Thanks for the flight info though! Off to see where Yangon is  :-[ >> well heck, it is Rangoon! I knew that! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #110 on: June 03, 2008, 08:43:21 PM »
Can someone update the timeline? I'm still confused :crazy

something like this?

May 18/19 Beijing
May 20/21 Bangkok
May 22/23 Chiang Mai
May 25/26 Saigon & Hue ?
May 27/28/29? Hong Kong

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #111 on: June 03, 2008, 09:27:17 PM »
working on it but may not be ready tonight  :duno:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #112 on: June 03, 2008, 09:54:31 PM »
working on it but may not be ready tonight  :duno:

Basically thats it, right? I'm trying to put something together so that we don't have to sort thru all the pages. Check out page 1, 1st post, I'm working on linking the sightings so its where I stuck it for now, lol.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 12:50:53 AM by puddin »

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: June 03, 2008, 10:03:13 PM »

Based on what I know and identifying speculation as such, here is what I have for the update ARA3 Timeline:

before May 19 unknown if it exists at all; might possibly be Colombo Sri Lanka

May19/20 Bangkok(although come believe that this should be Beijing)

choice of 4 flights Bangkok to Beijing:
TG614 1040 1620
MS960 1300 1830
TG674 0035 0615
AC980 0120 0645

May 20/21 Beijing (note - the sighting in the PEK airport was before 935am on May 20 s best I can decipher it, but some believe that Beijing comes before Bangkok)

PEK BKK TG675 0830 1215  connecting in Bangkok to TG116 BKK CNX 1715 1825

May 22/23 Chiang Mai - differences of opinion on whether this was really ARA3

CNX BKK TG103 0945 1055 connecting Bangkok to AF164 1325 1450

May 24/25 Saigon(Ho Chi Minh City)

trains leave Saigon 1900, 2300, 1305 and 1545 and arriving Hue 1551, 1636, 0808 and 1520

May 26/27/28 Hue/Hanoi

Vietnam Airlines 240 HUI HAN 0800 0910
Vietnam Airlines 244               1210 1320
Vietnam Airlines 246               2135 2245

Vietnam Airways 790 HAN HKG 1105 1355
Vietnam Airways 792 HAN HKG 1910 2000

May 29/30 Hong Kong

HAN HKG Vietnam Airways 790 1105 1355

May 31/June1 Singapore airport(does not mean stopping in Singapore, although that may have happened)

either Singapore Airlines or Cathay Pacific HKG SIN at 0855, 1050, 1120, 1330, 1415, 1600, 1615, 1830, 2000, 2015

Teams could have flown the Saigon to Hue leg, but reports were that they did not. Vietnam Airlines has 100 minute nonstops between SGN HUI at 0730, 1130 and 1630.

puddin, as you can see the timeline is quite up-to-date, except that my view of which came first is Bangkok then Beijing while you want to see it Beiijing then Bangkok. I had added a clarifying note as a result.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #114 on: June 03, 2008, 10:18:48 PM »
It would make much more sense planning wise if Bangkok and Chiang Mai came together, right? We all know how AXN loves to do double-leg country runs...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #115 on: June 03, 2008, 10:36:47 PM »
Working on finding out something here--back to y'all soon!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: The Amazing Race Asia 3 Spoilers/Speculation (spoiler summary page 3)
« Reply #116 on: June 03, 2008, 10:43:17 PM »
Working on finding out something here--back to y'all soon!
Knowing peach "back soon" means, ummm an hour?  :neener:

It would make much more sense planning wise if Bangkok and Chiang Mai came together, right? We all know how AXN loves to do double-leg country runs...
Makes the most sense to me Neobie  :hearts:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: The Amazing Race Asia 3 Spoilers/Speculation (spoiler summary page 1)
« Reply #117 on: June 04, 2008, 12:59:36 AM »
Back soon means not at all tonight guys. Sorry... :nitenite:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #118 on: June 04, 2008, 07:19:37 AM »

Neobie, of course you are right and I have already pointed that out in a prior post. The argument for efficiency is one that Amazing Race Asia planners have to consider. Regardless of which comes first (the Beijing or the Bangkok), there will be at least uses of Bangkok airport on different days and if Bangkok comes first then there will 4 uses of Bagkok airport(one of which is on the same day in transit from Beijing to Chiang Mai).

Peach, this is a good place to answer your statement about International flights going through Bangkok. None do, with all passengers to Chiang Mai having to change to Thai Airways domestic flights to reach Chiang Mai. The only international flight that I have discovered into Chiang Mai is from Kunming and the timing is wrong with that one and the probability of ARA3 using that miniscule.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 09:10:50 AM by apskip »

Offline JonLover

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #119 on: June 04, 2008, 10:09:11 AM »
Whoa!! Finally, I opened this site.

Hi peeps. We have found out the names of some of the racers for TARA 3. This a Philippine team in particular. I just would like to credit my buddies at the the other site who helped me uncovered their identities. Thanks to Benjbuddy and Eragon of entermyworld.heavenforum.com (This is plugging, huh!!! )

The guy is Geoff Rodriguez and the lady is his girlfriend, Tisha Silang. Both of them are celebrities in the Philippines. They are dating models and friends of Marc and Rovilson.

I'll come back to report more.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #120 on: June 04, 2008, 10:58:19 AM »
JonLover,
RFF operates on the principle that people who discover or contribute new information get "credit" for it. If they happen to be from another site, we take that positively because every bit of information is sometimes needed to solve the many puzzles that challenge us in any Amazing Race, U.S. or Asia.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #121 on: June 04, 2008, 11:23:03 AM »
Thanks for sharing that JonLover! How nice to finally put a name to our racers' faces!

Does look like TARA 3 is continuing the Mactor trend that we saw in TARA 2 too though...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Online Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #122 on: June 04, 2008, 03:16:04 PM »
Far out so many mactors  :lol:
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #123 on: June 04, 2008, 03:22:16 PM »
I was at your site this morning JonLover and was hoping you would bring the info here so as always thank you :yourock: :<3 :gj:

Offline neoknows

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #124 on: June 04, 2008, 10:25:28 PM »

I love this site, lots of great ideas guys.