Author Topic: Speculation on season 13  (Read 132488 times)

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Speculation on season 13
« Reply #250 on: August 09, 2008, 03:55:12 PM »
 :funny: god I'm slow!

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #251 on: August 12, 2008, 01:30:38 PM »
Who wants to speculate with me that TAR13 goes to Tskhinvali, capital of Georgian breakaway enclave of South Ossetia.   :ascared

YouTube CNN
YouTube BBC
YouTube BBC
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 01:50:32 PM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #252 on: August 12, 2008, 01:33:38 PM »
ap? ap? anyone? anyone? :lol: :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #253 on: August 13, 2008, 09:23:28 PM »
Hi Guys And Girls!!! Im New On This Forum!!! I'm From Chile!!! If You Need Any Information Of Chile You Can Tell Me!!! :waves:
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #254 on: August 13, 2008, 09:33:56 PM »
Hi Guys And Girls!!! Im New On This Forum!!! I'm From Chile!!! If You Need Any Information Of Chile You Can Tell Me!!! :waves:
welcome aboard gonzalochileno :hithere:. Would you have happened to see our racers in April by any chance?

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #255 on: August 13, 2008, 09:36:24 PM »
I Dont See Anything Puddin!!!
And Thanks For The Welcome!!!
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #256 on: August 13, 2008, 09:56:29 PM »
Sorry gonzalochileno , I had to ask   :lol:
Your more than welcomed here  :hearts:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #257 on: August 13, 2008, 11:18:03 PM »
Hi gonzanochileno
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #258 on: August 14, 2008, 05:22:38 PM »
Hi!!! And Is GONZALOCHILENO!!! But Well!! :yess:
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #259 on: August 14, 2008, 11:13:21 PM »
oops sorry  :groan:

Thanks  :tup:
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #260 on: August 16, 2008, 10:34:35 AM »
Who wants to speculate with me that TAR13 goes to Tskhinvali, capital of Georgian breakaway enclave of South Ossetia.   :ascared

YouTube CNN
YouTube BBC
YouTube BBC

No way, Jose; arn't you reading the papers.  Its a sad state of affairs in Georgia, and it wasn't much better back in April, either.  But a trip to Tiflis or Tbilisi would have really been an interesting new place.  And certainly not Tskhinvali in any case. :groan:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #261 on: August 16, 2008, 01:20:32 PM »
Thanks Gman, I was approaching it from the perspective that it would be typical TAR bad luck to visit a location that subsequently experienced a calamity.  eg  Sri Lanka, New Orleans.

But as you say, if it was a bad-news location in April then it would not be a likely stop.   :tup:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #262 on: August 17, 2008, 07:08:57 AM »
It's pretty clear to me that Chateau wasn't serious in Tskhiinvali as a ARA13 pitstop. A minor capital of a minor province? No way. However, I agree with GMAN that Tblisi, a major capital of a decent sized country in between Delhi and Moscow, is a possilbity.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #263 on: August 17, 2008, 10:37:53 PM »
Heck, I would happy if they even considered a start in Providence, but I know that ain't happening.
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #264 on: August 19, 2008, 03:15:33 AM »
Oh wow...look at this!  :ascared :'( :ascared

Starting at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, the 13th season of the Emmy-winning reality competition (premiering Sept. 28 at 8 p.m. EDT) will follow the teams as they travel over 30,000 miles in 23 days to countries such as Brazil, Bolivia, Russia, India and Kazakhstan. It's the first time the series visited the landlocked country lampooned by Sacha Baron Cohen in "Borat."

"We shot most of that episode in the capital," said executive producer Bertram van Munster. "People were a little afraid we were going to pull a 'Borat' on them. I told them we weren't doing 'Borat,' but what happened there is very, very funny. It's not easy to shoot in places like that because they practically have no television industry."

Van Munster, who is currently scouting locations in Asia for the 14th season, promised the 13th season will include a series of firsts for the reality competition, including a mistake that ultimately prohibited one team from joining their fellow racers at the finish line, as well as a memorable first-ever stop for "The Amazing Race" in Cambodia.

"The teams have no idea how to get from Point A to Point B there," said van Munster. "They don't know the language. It's very difficult to get through this country. They get so stuck, but they find so many fascinating solutions of how to get through everything. One of the things the teams do there is go to a real-life floating village. It's insane."

http://www.wral.com/entertainment/story/3398259/

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #265 on: August 19, 2008, 03:18:24 AM »
My first thought was the Frats peachs! They were seen late walking around Portland ..maybe turned into decoys? thats my gut.

• The race takes 23 days, covers nearly 40,000 miles, spans five continents, and features some far-flung locales never before seen on the show, including Angkor Wat, Cambodia and La Paz, Bolivia.

The youngest team is a tandem of two guys in their early 20s. “They’re made for television,” Van Munster says. “They’re supersmart — and they make terrible mistakes.” A pair of recent divorcees in their late 20s also vie for the million-dollar prize. “They were left with some financial debt, so they really have a motive to run around the world,” he says. And once again, expect a serving of granola — this time with a husband-wife squad of 60-something Oregon hippies. “They’re the real thing,” says Van Munster. “They come right out of the '60s. To a lot of people, it looks almost like they’re from a different planet.”

• One familiar thing actually did happen on this race: The producers didn’t predict the winner. Says Van Munster, “We’ve been wrong every time, across the board.”

« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 03:21:55 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #266 on: August 19, 2008, 03:20:46 AM »
Okay guys, I AM able to share some more info w/ you!

With many thanks to our incredible  Portland photographer who has been hard at work on our behalf!!

I'm pleased to report that I saw a male-male team in downtown Portland 
this evening (peach: that would be 5/14) at about 6:00 local time. A cameraman and a sound man 
were following them.

I saw them head west along Alder, then south on 10th, then east on 
Morrison. They asked for directions at the food carts that occupy the 
parking lot north of Alder, and they looked at a metal map kiosk at 
the corner of 10th and Morrison.

They looked to be mid to late 20s or even maybe early 30s. Both were 
wearing khaki trousers; the taller one was slightly heavyset and had 
reddish curly hair and was wearing a baseball cap and a blue T-shirt. 
The other had blonde to sandy blonde hair and no hat. Both had 
backpacks.

What struck me, though, was how slowly they were moving compared to my 
expections. They certainly were not running. I don't know if this 
means they are a decoy, or that they are real but exhausted, or that 
they are real and in last place, or what.

I often buy magazines at a store on 9th & Alder, so I asked the 
cashier there if I knew anything about TAR in Portland. He said, "Oh, 
is that what that was?" I said, "Is that what WHAT was?" He said he 
had seen a male  and a female plus two-man crew also proceeding along 
Alder. I asked him when that was. He said about two hours previously, 
which puts it at around 4:00 p.m. I asked him if he recalled any other 
details; he said he did not, except that the girl was pretty. :-/

I did not have a camera with me, but where they were is VERY central 
location; and while Portland is considerably less densely occupied 
than, say, LA or even Denver, I will be very surprised if no one here 
managed to take a reasonable picture of at least one of the teams.

I asked our source if these guys could maybe be who he saw?

And so sadly, since we don't even know their names yet (that seems so wrong somehow!), he replied:

Oooh! Yes, I do think so! Their relative heights and hair colors match!

Sad because this screams decoy to me...and interestingly, I believe it may be decoy being run AFTER the actual finale MAT arrival...

More later on...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #267 on: August 19, 2008, 04:02:35 AM »
That in combo with the BVM comment of "terrible mistakes" makes them the prime candidates I think.

I do believe that far more than usual of the teams were utilised as decoys this time due to the incredible publicity the teams received at the time, however--and it is possible that there could have been a decoy run even after the actual finale at the mat for the first time ever as well. So I don't think decoys are going to be much help to us this time....  :angel:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #268 on: August 19, 2008, 05:32:44 AM »
"We shot most of that episode in the capital."
Eh, Astana's been the capital since 1997! Thanks Bertram! :duno:

Well at least we know there's only one leg there...

Team being Guidoed? But that's not a first...

We know from our clues that they were in Alamaty...so is BVM being geographically challenged again or do we have another leg in Astana?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Dragoondaniel

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #269 on: August 19, 2008, 07:41:57 AM »
from...

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race/about/

Eleven teams will compete in THE AMAZING RACE 13, traveling over 30,000 miles, spanning five continents, in 23 days, all starting from the world famous Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, site of the 1932 and 1984 Olympics. Phil Keoghan will host.

The 13th installment of THE AMAZING RACE will feature a variety of firsts, including: Teams traveling to a real-life water world where its inhabitants live upon a floating city; first time visits for the Race to locations such as Cambodia and Kazakhstan; and one Team makes an unprecedented mistake on the road that ultimately prohibits them from joining their fellow Racers at the finish line.

The cast also features couples in various stages of their lives - married beekeepers who have been together for years, a married but separated couple who is looking to rebuild their marriage, a newly dating couple who is still getting to know each other and best friends who are comic book aficionados and describe the Race as "the ultimate game on the biggest game board you can imagine.."

THE AMAZING RACE 13 premieres Sunday, Sept. 28 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) and audiences can watch full length episodes right here on CBS.com!

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #270 on: August 19, 2008, 10:29:18 AM »
The only locations not mentioned so far, but targeted by the TAR Detectives are: New Zealand and Chile and, of course, the final mat in Portland, OR.  We even had the start location pinpointed before it was announced officially, the Memorial Colesium in LA LA Land.  So it goes something like this, I guess:

Los Angeles
Brazil
Bolivia
Chile
New Zealand
Cambodia
India (via Bangkok)
Kazakhstan
Russia
Portland

That's eight locations so perhaps two legs in two countries.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #271 on: August 19, 2008, 10:32:50 AM »
"We shot most of that episode in the capital."
Eh, Astana's been the capital since 1997! Thanks Bertram! :duno:

Well at least we know there's only one leg there...

Team being Guidoed? But that's not a first...

We know from our clues that they were in Alamaty...so is BVM being geographically challenged again or do we have another leg in Astana?

:groan: ...and both cities have international airports.... Alamaty is nearly 600 miles from Astana (as the crow flies).  ;)   

...I guess BVM has them fly into Astana (capital city) only because it's the capital, and there are probably a lot of cool things there.  How they get to Almaty is anyones guess.  Maybe an extended leg before Russia.   :duno:

edited to add:  Almaty is right up against the Xinjiang Uygur (Uighur) Autonomous Region of China.  Interesting coincidence....  :angel:
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 10:49:26 AM by Boingo »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #272 on: August 19, 2008, 11:05:59 AM »
Here's one possibility between Almaty and Astana.... overnight trains   :duno:

Kazakhstan Buys Two Talgo Trains (Dec. 2000)

KAZAKHSTAN Railways (KTZ) has awarded a Pesetas 6 billion ($US 32 million) contract to Patentes Talgo, Spain, for the supply of two Talgo 200 sleeping-car trains fitted with Talgo's RD automatic gauge changing system. The deal was signed in Madrid by Mr Ablai Myrakhmetov, president of KTZ, and Mr Lucas de Oriol, vice-president of Patentes Talgo.

Each trainset will have 23 cars. They will operate on the 1334km main line between Almaty and Astana. Tests were carried out in June with a five-car Talgo rake hauled by a 140km/h KTZ locomotive. The train was able to cut eight hours off the journey time. The current fastest journey time is 19h 40min.

So 19.6h - 8h = 11.6h   :angel:

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #273 on: August 19, 2008, 11:07:06 AM »
The only locations not mentioned so far, but targeted by the TAR Detectives are: New Zealand and Chile and, of course, the final mat in Portland, OR.  We even had the start location pinpointed before it was announced officially, the Memorial Colesium in LA LA Land.  So it goes something like this, I guess:

Los Angeles
Brazil
Bolivia
Chile
New Zealand
Cambodia
India (via Bangkok)
Kazakhstan
Russia
Portland

That's eight locations so perhaps two legs in two countries.

There are two legs in Brazil again, no? (Salvador, Fortaleza). I think that Chile is only a transit point on the road to New Zealand and that Cambodia/Kazakhstan host two legs also.

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #274 on: August 19, 2008, 11:16:02 AM »
Boingo

i'm liking the train speculation, i think that would work in central asia.