Author Topic: Speculation on season 13  (Read 132494 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Speculation on season 13
« Reply #150 on: June 10, 2008, 09:47:25 AM »
zachattack308, I am with you on your hypothesis that there must be a NEL in South America. There should be 2 NELs/TBCs somewhere during the race and South America is a logical place.

Howver, please consider that the numbers board for the FAST FORWARD IN PROGRESS could just be a standard set of hooks and numbers. With 3 rows and 3 columns, that gives you 9 numbers whether you need 9 or not. What does WRP care if not all the numbers are possible at that point in the race? As I have pointed out elsewhere I have never seen more than 3 actually used for Fast Forwards in other Amazing Races.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #151 on: June 11, 2008, 04:40:42 PM »
Why can't I find this "former" contestant? anyone..?

Film/Television 
Sean Rudolph v. Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority. Former “Amazing Race” contestant claims his employer reneged on a promise to give him time off to compete in the show, then fired him for his one-month absence.   
http://www.entlawdigest.com/(S(dhuxtwaubezghnqnw1jis5jl))/LawReport/Preview.aspx

eta~
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 04:53:52 PM by puddin »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #152 on: June 11, 2008, 05:05:48 PM »
Sa'eed's last name was Rudolph. He might still be "Sean" on the payroll books.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #153 on: June 11, 2008, 05:11:19 PM »
Well damn Slowhatch  :tup:  :jam: thank you!

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #154 on: June 11, 2008, 06:25:15 PM »
Sa'eed's last name was Rudolph. He might still be "Sean" on the payroll books.

yup thats him. there muslim names are not there legal names.

Offline TheScandinavianAmazingR.

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Best Survivor ever.............Ozzy
Re: The Amazing Race 13 *Spoilers Only!* (spoiler summary page 1)
« Reply #155 on: June 26, 2008, 12:12:54 PM »
I have read on this site, that a all female team makes it to the end. Anybody know if that is true or not? If it is i really hopes that they win, the amazing race needs that a all female team wins ( they only team who had a great chance, was my favorite all female team Dustin and Kandice from seasons 10 and the all star edition). 

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race 13 *Spoilers Only!* (spoiler summary page 1)
« Reply #156 on: June 26, 2008, 12:49:33 PM »
True, we do need an all-female team to win. However, that site is false. We don't evern have any names, and only 2 speculated placings: The black couple eliminated in Cambodia and the couple at the airpor counter in the F3.The site may have thought that an all-female team won by speculating from one being spoted racing in Portland, but they are decoys.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #157 on: June 27, 2008, 10:10:50 PM »
zachattack308, I am with you on your hypothesis that there must be a NEL in South America. There should be 2 NELs/TBCs somewhere during the race and South America is a logical place.

Howver, please consider that the numbers board for the FAST FORWARD IN PROGRESS could just be a standard set of hooks and numbers. With 3 rows and 3 columns, that gives you 9 numbers whether you need 9 or not. What does WRP care if not all the numbers are possible at that point in the race? As I have pointed out elsewhere I have never seen more than 3 actually used for Fast Forwards in other Amazing Races.

Hi, I'm new. I have enjoyed reading the spoilers and I have a comment.

That board of numbers doesn't look like it is even made by the Amazing Race staff. After all, in Season 7, they had a board of numbers at the cooling tower Fast Forward and the tags had Fast Forward icons on them.

But if it is the real thing then I agree with you about the standard set thing, because the Season 7 number board did have 9 tags even though there were only 7 teams left.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Dragoondaniel

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #158 on: June 28, 2008, 01:16:12 AM »
Would this route be generally correct based on the information that's been gathered?

Leg 1 - Los Angeles, USA to Sao Paulo, Brazil to Salvador, Brazil
Leg 2 - Salvador, Brazil to Fortaleza, Brazil
Leg 3 - Brazil to La Paz, Bolivia
Leg 4 - Bolivia to Auckland, New Zealand
Leg 5 - New Zealand to Siem Reap, Cambodia
Leg 6 - Cambodia to Delhi, India
Leg 7 - India to ??
Leg 8 - ??
Leg 9 - ??
Leg 10 - ?? to Moscow, Russia
Leg 11 - Russia to ???(possibly) to Oregon, USA

If that's so... the locations have been disappointing. There's too much Brazil and India was JUST visited. And only 2 new countries (Cambodia & Bolivia) are visited out of the 7 confirmed countries we have so far. There are maximum another 3 more countries that can be visited (provided no double-legs other than Brazil) and here's hoping that AT LEAST 2 of them are new countries and interesting.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #159 on: June 28, 2008, 07:06:23 AM »
Would this route be generally correct based on the information that's been gathered?

Leg 1 - Los Angeles, USA to Sao Paulo, Brazil to Salvador, Brazil
Leg 2 - Salvador, Brazil to Fortaleza, Brazil
Leg 3 - Brazil to La Paz, Bolivia
Leg 4 - Bolivia to Auckland, New Zealand
Leg 5 - New Zealand to Siem Reap, Cambodia
Leg 6 - Cambodia to Delhi, India
Leg 7 - India to ??
Leg 8 - ??
Leg 9 - ??
Leg 10 - ?? to Moscow, Russia
Leg 11 - Russia to ???(possibly) to Oregon, USA

If that's so... the locations have been disappointing. There's too much Brazil and India was JUST visited. And only 2 new countries (Cambodia & Bolivia) are visited out of the 7 confirmed countries we have so far. There are maximum another 3 more countries that can be visited (provided no double-legs other than Brazil) and here's hoping that AT LEAST 2 of them are new countries and interesting.

That is a pretty good summary. The one thing that is new is that with the Moscow pitstop start time clarified as the afternoon of May 11, then Moscow is the 9th leg and not the 10th. The 10th is somewhere in Europe To Be Determined. Also the recent history of the Amazing Race indicates that WRP likes to go back to countries used before and only allows a small number of new countries each race.

My personal believe is that there cannot be too much Brazil. We have previously had a Sao Paul leg and a Rio de Janeiro leg. Brazil is a huge country with lots of places to visit. Seeing 2 of them is by no means too much. Chile got 4 legs in AR11, so you should be pleased that Brazil gets only 2. India is always a fascinating culture shock. I'd love to see move India. Old Delhi is being visited for practically the first time(there was a minor visit in a leg of AR1).

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #160 on: June 28, 2008, 10:15:53 AM »

That is a pretty good summary. The one thing that is new is that with the Moscow pitstop start time clarified as the afternoon of May 11, then Moscow is the 9th leg and not the 10th. The 10th is somewhere in Europe To Be Determined. Also the recent history of the Amazing Race indicates that WRP likes to go back to countries used before and only allows a small number of new countries each race.

My personal believe is that there cannot be too much Brazil. We have previously had a Sao Paul leg and a Rio de Janeiro leg. Brazil is a huge country with lots of places to visit. Seeing 2 of them is by no means too much. Chile got 4 legs in AR11, so you should be pleased that Brazil gets only 2. India is always a fascinating culture shock. I'd love to see move India. Old Delhi is being visited for practically the first time(there was a minor visit in a leg of AR1).

The Moscow pit stop was clarified as the afternoon of May 11? I thought it was still up for grabs as May 13th is not out of the question? And you meant New Delhi not Old Delhi right?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #161 on: June 28, 2008, 11:41:05 AM »
Wikipedi   blahblah

After the British Raj took control of India during the 19th century, Calcutta became the capital until George V announced in 1911 that it was to move back to Delhi. A new capital city, New Delhi, was built during the 1920s. When India gained independence from British rule in 1947, New Delhi was declared its capital and seat of government. As such, New Delhi houses important offices of the federal government, including the Parliament of India.

The distinction is lost in urban(e) academics.   ;)

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #162 on: June 28, 2008, 02:18:45 PM »
I meant Old Delhi, which is what I said. For those who don't appreciate the relationship of Old Delhi to New Delhi, this may help a little bit:

Delhi, or Old Delhi (1991 pop. 7,175,000), on the Yamuna River, adjoins New Delhi in the east central part of the state and is a commercial center.

They are separate cities, with New Delhi having its territory more or less around Old Delhi. The airport and the Indian government are both in New Delhi.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #163 on: June 28, 2008, 09:24:47 PM »
I'll cast my vote for TAR in Moscow on the mat on 5/13....

And this distinction about New vs Old Delhi is kinda interesting...

In practical terms, I don't remember there being much distinction made when I was there..

It was just Delhi mostly although you would get it is in New Delhi for official govt places...and I remember Old Delhi being referred to as mostly within the walls--ie near the Red Fort.

ANd if where Matt went is any indication of where our tasks are, it is all moot anyway because they were well outside both for a lot of the time! :lol:

See Neobie's pretty Map!

But do let me know if any of the MAPS! have it wrong!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #164 on: July 03, 2008, 10:37:33 AM »
apskip, or some other flight guru -- what are the odds of the Dubai flight connecting into Larnaca (Cyprus)? Just a hunch...

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #165 on: July 03, 2008, 11:28:20 AM »
Weeks ago I identified Larnaca as one of a list of about 40-odd places where AR13 teams could fly if they were transiting in Dubai. So let's say 2% probability that it's Larnaca.

However, mwooden, you need to know that Dubai may have been illusory. There is no hard evidence that teams were there. The one report that we had of them at the airport could be bogus. So the real probability of Larnaca is maybe in the 1% range.

Offline sunnyca

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #166 on: July 03, 2008, 12:19:29 PM »
old vs new delhi: on the map above, old delhi is pretty small, starting north of connaught place.  roughly speaking it's bounded by connaught place (south), daryaganj (east), kashmiri gate (north) and karol bagh (west) (these "gates" were part of the old city wall).  and yes, TAR1 went to the red fort briefly, which is in old delhi - as are most of matt's speculated route in TAR13.

and yes, i agree about india being such a large and diverse place (i guess brazil too but haven't been there) that TAR has barely scratched the surface - would love to see them go to Ladakh (high in the Himalayas close to Tibet), Rishikesh or Naini Tal area in the UP Himalayas, Mt Abu in Rajasthan, Madurai or Trichy (the Fort temple) in Tamil Nadu (south) etc - the north and south are like 2 different countries - but more on this in the Wishlist sometime..

And how about Nepal or Bhutan? TAR's never been in either, I think..

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #167 on: July 03, 2008, 12:22:35 PM »
I believe that in future Amazing Races we will see Bangalore and Goa before going to any of the places you mentioned, sunnyca. WRP likes international airports close by.

Offline sunnyca

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #168 on: July 03, 2008, 12:26:48 PM »
correction - a lot of Matt's speculated route is in new delhi except nai sadak - but that nagia park/malka ganj are is pretty much like old delhi too.

Offline sunnyca

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #169 on: July 03, 2008, 12:31:44 PM »
well, yes, i see your point - but they did do that long overnight train ride from lucknow to jodhpur (12), not to mention the beijing to mongolia by bus/train (TAR10), and there was a looong bus ride in argentina one time too..

correction - a lot of Matt's speculated route is in new delhi except nai sadak - but that nagia park/malka ganj are is pretty much like old delhi too.

Offline sunnyca

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #170 on: July 03, 2008, 12:34:11 PM »
sorry sorry i meant to quote apskip above  :groan:- i'm still new to these things - ok, no more on this, i promise!

I believe that in future Amazing Races we will see Bangalore and Goa before going to any of the places you mentioned, sunnyca. WRP likes international airports close by.
well, yes, i see your point - but they did do that long overnight train ride from lucknow to jodhpur (12), not to mention the beijing to mongolia by bus/train (TAR10), and there was a looong bus ride in argentina one time too..

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #171 on: July 03, 2008, 01:03:23 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #172 on: July 03, 2008, 01:05:16 PM »
Thanks, apskip

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #173 on: July 04, 2008, 10:11:50 PM »
Would it be possible to have a second leg in India? Either a leg in New Dehli (the contrast between Old and New would be a good way to have two legs in India without much work I don't think) or have teams take an uncomfortable train ride to somewhere else (just like in the old days),

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #174 on: July 04, 2008, 11:05:45 PM »
Would it be possible to have a second leg in India? Either a leg in New Dehli (the contrast between Old and New would be a good way to have two legs in India without much work I don't think) or have teams take an uncomfortable train ride to somewhere else (just like in the old days),
Oh I miss the trains zach. I don't know about trains but I'm leaning towards 2 legs in what I'll safely call India  :lol:.