Author Topic: Speculation on season 13  (Read 132485 times)

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race 13 *Spoilers Only!* (spoiler summary page 1)
« Reply #125 on: May 13, 2008, 07:53:34 PM »
  blahblah Maybe CBS will reward us for not revealing the final location - how about casting us on the Amazing Race: Fans vs Favourites!  blahblah
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 13, 2008, 07:54:04 PM »
  blahblah Maybe CBS will reward us for not revealing the final location - how about casting us on the Amazing Race: Fans vs Favourites!  blahblah

I call puddin or peach as a partner!

and peach -- I'm sure everybody else will agree that we respect your choice :D

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
Re: Speculation on Spoilers
« Reply #127 on: May 13, 2008, 09:25:24 PM »
We keep encouraging anyone with a camera all around the world to photograph racers, why not in Portland????

lucky13

« Reply #128 on: May 15, 2008, 12:23:57 AM »
So do you  think the 2 pair of racers spotted are legit and were racing for #2 and #3 spot?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #129 on: May 15, 2008, 12:41:21 AM »
So do you  think the 2 pair of racers spotted are legit and were racing for #2 and #3 spot?
I think the decoys were running around downtown and the real final 3 were at Cascade Locks, it makes the most sense...as in the decoys were a distraction.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #130 on: May 15, 2008, 07:51:35 AM »
How about this for a wild hypothesis:

Could there have been only a Final 2?  This would have meant one more elimination point and only one TBC/non-elim.

In thinking about that TBC, I have been fixated on a REST DAY on the western side of the Pacific and I identified Auckland as where it was. However, if the 20 hour stop in Auckland was actually tasks, the only way that could happen would be if it were a TBC; there would not have been time for tasks and a pit stop.

By the way, it looks to me that the numbering 13-1111 confirms the fact that there were 11 episodes in AR13.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 07:55:39 AM by apskip »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #131 on: May 15, 2008, 01:39:12 PM »

I have never posted before but have loved TAR since season 1.

Just talked with a co-worker whose husband was hiking in the Columbia Gorge at about 2:30 pm and saw racing teams, vehicles and a helicopter in the vicinity of Bridge of the Gods. He wasn't sure what it was until she called him about the Portland rumor. Could it be the race?

I work in Cascade Locks, and there is a zip line in place right now from the Bridge of the Gods to Thunder Island.  I don't know when they put it up, but it sure wasn't there yesterday!   :yess:  I got there in time to see the camera crews packing up and loading equipment into vans, but a fellow teacher saw two couples ride the zip line down to the island.  This was between 2:30-3:30 this afternoon.  There were helicopters circling the site, three camera crews at and around the bridge, and they apparently paid the owners of the Charburger restaurant to close for the day so they could secure the parking lot which overlooks the river and the zip line.  There were six yellow cabs at the parking lot where the access to the island is, along with more camera crews, and the officer that I talked to said they always stage it so that people don't know for sure how many couples are left.  Does that sound reasonable?
The other teacher talked to one of the cab drivers, who said he picked up two people at the airport from an overseas flight, took them to Newberg where they "ran around and looked for a clue", then drove them to Cascade Locks.  For some reason someone asked him if this was Fear Factor, but he said it was more like a scavenger hunt.  Apparently he has not actually seen Amazing Race himself, so didn't know anything about the usual process.

My speculation is Timberline Lodge for the finish?

Hi Stacy,

I saw TAR teams today as well at PDX.  I drive the international buses at PDX but not today.  However, I was driving the terminal parking lot  buses today and saw a camera man /sound man  running after a very tan blond woman in a florescent green sporty outfit, backpack  and one of those TAR  clue cards (?)  in her hand just about the time  the Germany  flight  would have landed. They were getting a taxi here at PDX.  I had to keep  my  eyes on my driving  but a person in the bus said they were from The Amazing Race.

My  next  loop  around (20 minutes later),  I arrived  at the terminal  and  saw  more teams grabbing a taxi.  Fortunately  I was driving the Employee lot bus  and one of the supervisors  (who  got  on  camera & had to sign a TAR release  for TV)   confirmed that the teams  in fact were from TAR and got off the Lufthansa  flight from Germany to Portland OR.    They were headed  up to Washington state.  He also said there were only  4 teams and perhaps  the other two teams  went up via  Seattle first -  but that of course is purely  speculation.

again, now with Pittock Mansion‎ (this is for my own sanity  :lol:)

Cascade Locks Charburger to Pittock Mansion‎

3531 SE 2nd Ave, Camas, WA 98607 to 3229 NW Pittock Dr, Portland, OR

« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 01:53:22 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #132 on: May 15, 2008, 02:59:33 PM »
adding this from spoilers to go with the above .......

It looks like it would be a good spot for a task:  Toll House Park

Thunder Island

And Rastaurant

Newberg is not that far from Portland.... but it's in the opposite direction from the Columbia Gorge (and airport).  hmmmmm......  :angel:

Offline RichInOz

• RFF Newbie
Re: Speculation on season 13
« Reply #133 on: May 19, 2008, 12:59:37 AM »
If the Dubai sighting is correct this could mean two things... They may end up going to another location in the UAE like Sharjah or Abu Dahbi (possibly by car). Otherwise Dubai us a large hub for Emirates airlines.

The only other "safe" Middle East destinations that don't have heavy visa restrictions are Qatar, Bahrain, and possibly Jordan.

I doubt that Colombo would be a destination as there has been recent violence. But there may be a chance of the Seychelles which is close to Sri Lanka and also easy to get to from Dubai.

Europe was done in TAR12 so most likely they will only be one or two desinations this time around. Emirates does fly to several African nations too but the only one they really havent done yet is Uganda.

Don't rule out Kazakhstan too! There is a growing number of tourists to the nation, thanks to Borat!! Also looks really nice despite the jokes.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #134 on: May 19, 2008, 01:38:16 AM »
Just passing through thought I'd say welcome to the forum RichInOz :welcome:

Offline sayurkangkung

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #135 on: May 19, 2008, 05:25:37 AM »
I agree with Rich, there were some clashes there, or maybe they just passed by from Colombo to another country, im just guessing bcoz if u're live in Indonesia u'll pass through Sri Lanka if u wanna go to middle eastern countries (such as Saudi Arabia, UAE, Jordan etc)

Offline KingCrimson88

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #136 on: May 19, 2008, 02:43:35 PM »
I have doubts about this Sri Lanka stuff. They rarely re-use small countries like that on TAR.

Offline password

• Village Idiot
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #137 on: May 19, 2008, 03:11:41 PM »
I now here the countries are Kazakastan( Astana or Alamty) and Frankfurt (Germany) and another leg in Germany (cologne).
source:

Offline password

• Village Idiot
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #138 on: May 19, 2008, 03:14:38 PM »
Source: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,15483.0.html

it also states that Georgia, Armenia, the Baltic States can be a possibilty
also it states to get to portland the teams went through Toronto,Canada or Vancouver, Canada

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #139 on: May 19, 2008, 03:17:31 PM »
Source: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,15483.0.html

it also states that Georgia, Armenia, the Baltic States can be a possibilty
also it states to get to portland the teams went through Toronto,Canada or Vancouver, Canada
Oh thats us password, most is speculation! :D

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #140 on: May 19, 2008, 03:21:02 PM »
Oh password, ALL of that is speculation only...not confirmed info. It is places we are talking about as possibilities only, not any "for sures".  That's us here making guesses.

Sorry... :'(
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #141 on: May 22, 2008, 11:08:28 AM »
Mrs Shrek sent me this ........
Then I was searching Flickr and saw this ......(Taken on May 20, 2008 at 12.49pm PDT)
The Flickr picture and blog dates are a match but gosh it can't be us!
So a fwiw ...

I don't know where to put this. It can't be "our race" because the dates are wrong, and Bangkok was just a transit point. Could TAR Asia have started filming yet?
"I saw the Amazing race being filmed, people eating bugs and throwing them up in the middle of the street"
travelblog

"Amazing Race roadblock on Khao San - Bangkok"
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 11:13:31 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #142 on: May 22, 2008, 11:53:30 AM »
Is that standard "race" equipment? Whos race is it?  :lol:

From Jasons pics

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #143 on: May 22, 2008, 12:52:31 PM »
Strange indeed...dates cannot be TAR 13 but I suppose any local crews hired could have similar equiptment.

Is it possible that TARA 3 has started already? I wasn't thinking til June but oh my...

Have asked for more info :angel:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #144 on: May 22, 2008, 01:54:54 PM »
Could it be TAR Israel? They are suppose to run around Asia? No idea when they are set to kick off?
Then TARA3, June filming right?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #145 on: May 22, 2008, 02:39:02 PM »
I don't even think TAR Israel is casting yet....maybe kogs knows?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #146 on: May 22, 2008, 03:26:24 PM »
I don't even think TAR Israel is casting yet....maybe kogs knows?

dont think so. I called my friends neighbor over there who is in the know with that show, and things are just getting ready for that. I need to work on my hebrew.  :lol:

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #147 on: May 23, 2008, 02:58:41 PM »
Strange indeed...dates cannot be TAR 13 but I suppose any local crews hired could have similar equiptment.

Is it possible that TARA 3 has started already? I wasn't thinking til June but oh my...

Just found another TAR reference in a blog that is so vague I probably wouldn't have bothered posting it except for the recent sighting in Bangkok...fwiw

Friday, May 23, 2008 We finally arrived in UB(Ulaan Bator) after passing the amazing race in Beijing.
Link

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #148 on: May 23, 2008, 05:45:10 PM »
I'm starting to think this is TAR3 MrsShrek?? We should bring them over to the TARA thread for spec.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #149 on: June 09, 2008, 11:16:30 PM »
So, with the knowledge that a) there are three legs in South America, and b) there are 9 numbers for the FF in New Zealand (leg 4)
and under the assumption that there are 11 teams as usual, then there must be an NEL in South America, otherwise there would only be 8 teams (and 8 numbers needed) in Auckland. Perhaps they pull a TARAsia and have the first leg be an NEL?