Author Topic: Amazing Race Contestants (summary/photos page 1)  (Read 277085 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Amazing Race Contestants (summary/photos page 1)
« Reply #500 on: August 20, 2008, 08:12:15 PM »
:ya3: good job!!  :jumpy:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #501 on: August 20, 2008, 08:12:45 PM »
 :funny: :lol:

sometimes it's so obvious that it's over looked

good job boingo!

(Have I mentioned how much I've missed TAR!?!?!)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #502 on: August 20, 2008, 08:35:20 PM »
What would we do without you Boingo??  :<3   :gj:

:monroe: wants to invite you to TARA3, btw.... :angel:

So now that that location is done, who wants to explain FIJI to me? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #503 on: August 20, 2008, 09:25:09 PM »
 :badhorse:    apparently the photogs at media day didn't travel too far for these pix of the racers by the satellite dishes at CBS Television City.... just a stones throw from the covered walkway location.  :snicker:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #504 on: August 20, 2008, 09:48:58 PM »

Peach, I will take a crack at it. First of all, remember that the geography team at World Race Productions is not too swift. Apparently, other parts of their organization cannot remember where Amazing Races have gone. Fiji has never been part of an Amazing Race except that the flight from Sydney, Australia to Phoenix by David and Jeff may have gone over there but not stopped. So, what we are looking at is an attempt at deception by WRP. We know that flying from Santiago to Auckland AR13 could have taken a route through Fiji, but it would have added at least one day and probably more to their time. That would be the only way that AR13 could have touched down in Fiji and it did not happen!

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #505 on: August 20, 2008, 09:52:15 PM »
maybe they go to Fiji

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #506 on: August 20, 2008, 10:04:44 PM »
They don't have time to go to Fiji .. India to Fiji to Russia, far fetched the total distance from India to Fiji is 7,329 miles.
We know they barely had time to get to Cambodia from NZ.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #507 on: August 20, 2008, 11:20:22 PM »

We have in the other threads.

Offline retard boi

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #508 on: August 21, 2008, 01:04:21 PM »
I think they probably just leading us on, but anyway.
 CBS announced  that one team in the finale won't make it to the finish line because of a a mistake (http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/cbs-reveals-identities-of-the-amazing-race-thirteenth-season-cast-7670.php).
  van Munster statred that Andrew &Dan are smart and strong but mistake prone, along the photo avidace from the alleged finale leg I think they came in 3rd place.

again I think they are just probably just jerking us around, but what do u think?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #509 on: August 21, 2008, 02:27:24 PM »
yeah we know retard, read the threads

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #510 on: August 21, 2008, 02:54:49 PM »
retard, every leg except NELs or TBCs a team gets eliminated, almost always because of their mistakes. What's the big deal? van Munster is famous for mistakes in information he gives out to the press or in interviews.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #511 on: August 21, 2008, 05:24:11 PM »
I think they probably just leading us on, but anyway.
 CBS announced  that one team in the finale won't make it to the finish line because of a a mistake (http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/cbs-reveals-identities-of-the-amazing-race-thirteenth-season-cast-7670.php).
  van Munster statred that Andrew &Dan are smart and strong but mistake prone, along the photo avidace from the alleged finale leg I think they came in 3rd place.
again I think they are just probably just jerking us around, but what do u think?

What the hell photo are you talking about retard?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #512 on: August 21, 2008, 06:21:37 PM »
Pre-race behind the scenes interview!! :hearts:

Amazing Race’ Season 13 teams are announced

Finally! After almost seven months of waiting, Season 13 of “The Amazing Race” (”TAR” 13) is drawing near. Sunday, Sept. 28, is the premiere, so set your TiVos now. In the meantime, check out our video with host Phil Keoghan shot in January 2008, where he highlights his Top 5 countries from past “TAR” seasons.

CBS has done us all a favor and posted the “The Amazing Race” 13 cast bios, so we can start making predictions about just who will melt down with a “My ox is broken, and I hate you!” first. But I’m going to give everyone some extra info on this season’s teams — or rather my opinions, after spending about 20 minutes with each of them last April at a behind-the-scenes CBS media event, just before they headed out on the race.
When I met them, all the teams had seen one another, but each team had a handler preventing them from talking to one another, so just as I was speculating about each of them, many of them were guessing about one another and probing to see if there was any dirt I could share on their competition. So now, in no particular order, here are the “TAR” 13 teams, as I see them.

One of the most interesting things about Terence and Sarah was the fact that almost every other team said they were the ones to worry most about. The tracksuits and Terence’s runner’s physique were obviously intimidating factors. Sarah having to leave her BlackBerry behind was definitely a top concern on her list. They claimed to have a “never quit” attitude, and they listed Latvia and Argentina as countries they hoped the race would take them to. Terence and Sarah didn’t strike me as teammates who would be completely combative, nor completely harmonious while racing. They had confidence and a competitive edge, but then again, what team on this show doesn’t start out that way? I’m not sure how they’ll place, but unless they get hopelessly lost or miss a flight, I think they’ll be part of the race for a while.

Like it or not, you can always count on CBS to give us a pair of cute blonds wearing pink, and in Season 13, the team is Marisa and Brooke. Am I the only one who’d like the blonds to show up wearing all black with a bunch of tattoos, for variety’s sake? Well, that’s not the fault of Marisa or Brooke, best friends who were prepared to “lie, cheat and steal” if that’s what it takes. And of course flirt — they were more than willing to play up a ditzy perception if it meant it would get them further in the race. These two were hoping to visit Italy and Greece, as well as get in some skydiving and bungee-jumping, we’ll see how they fare after a lack of sleep and some bug dishes. Marisa and Brooke didn’t want anyone to have preconceived notions about them, but while they were certainly friendly and nice, nothing about this team indicated they’d go beyond the “team pinks” we’ve seen in previous seasons. I’d like to be proven wrong, but I don’t know if they can do it.

Someone already nicknamed Andrew and Dan “Team Superbad” and I’m happy to go with it. These guys were one of my favorite teams to meet — they were funny, somewhat geeky and absolutely entertaining, a casting director’s dream. A little overconfident, these two were already thinking that they’d “blow the cash in Vegas” if they won the race. Dan says he’s persuasive, and hopes he can use that to get locals to help them when needed, and he’s good at sports and geography, both of which will prove useful if it wasn’t all talk. Andrew said he’s observant, personable, and has a good visual memory, which will prove helpful on any puzzle challenges they’re bound to come across. They both want to go somewhere off the beaten path while racing, and claimed they plan to try to get some of the “girl teams” to do the wrong thing and won’t fall prey to flirtation. We’ll see … as enjoyable as these two were, and as much as they seem to bring to the race, I think overconfidence may be their downfall.

My photo caption for Aja and Ty is “The couple least likely to fall apart.” Of all the dating teams this season, these two have it together the most. They said they’re “not naive. Bickering will happen…,” which was one of the reasons I think they’ll do well. There’s no denial about the pressures of competing on the race, but the two have a genuine affection for each other. They’re looking for competition (although they prefer not to visit anyplace too cold … good luck with that), and would love things to come down to a last-minute foot race so they can prove themselves. Yemen was tops on their list of countries to visit, and as for previous racers, they enjoyed Nate and Jen for “entertainment value.” That’s putting a positive spin on it! I think Aja and Ty can do really well on the race, and I certainly hope they prove my instincts right.

Mark and Bill were the first team I met, and while I don’t know if they’ll win the race, they’re the ones I’m rooting for most at the start of the game. These guys are just plain fun to talk to, and couldn’t wait to get going. Big competitors, these friends love games and plan to bluff and compete with the best of them. They share my view of “TAR” — which is you can play the game, and treat it like the race it is, and still act respectful toward the teams you’re (you hope) leaving in your dust. Bill hopes to see New Zealand, and is the strategic one on the team, while Mark is the poker player who hopes his bluffing skills will come in useful. These two know their biggest weakness is their physical condition (not in the best of shape at the time we met) but planned strategically, bringing the lightest, most efficient packs possible, and practiced for the race in advance, doing things like convincing everyone in a line to let them go first, etc. I hope they go far, because I think they’ll be one of the most fun teams to watch.

The parent-child team dynamic proved fraught with tension last season as Ron and Christina learned to get along, but I don’t think the mother-son combo of Toni and Dallas will have the same problems. While Toni is learning to let her 22-year-old son go a little, and hopes that the race will help her stop telling him what to do all the time, this pair has an obvious love for each other, and are just as happy teasing each other as giving praise and affection. Dallas hopes to get to Africa or Egypt, and the only thing he wants to avoid is a challenge involving snakes. Toni got a trainer to help prep for the physical activities, but will leave as many of those as she can to Dallas, while being ready to take on the food challenges herself.

Nick and Starr are a very close brother-sister team — so close that he’s dating her best friend, and has no problem complimenting Starr’s beauty, and hopes her good looks will be an added advantage while racing. They’re definitely competitive with each other, and think some sibling bickering may rear its ugly head, but ultimately are confident their close relationship will be a benefit. As for strategy, they think alliances are an important part of the race, and thought Mark and Bill looked like a good team to try to work with. They admire former racers Rob and Amber for their ability to “think of any possible advantage” and plan to split all the work and tasks 50-50, with the exception of driving. I think they’ll make it to at least the middle of the race, but I wish they had seemed more genuine, and less ready with sound bites when we met.

Just like there’s always a blond team, you’ll always find one older team on “The Amazing Race,” and this season it’s Anita and Arthur, the blueberry farmers-beekeepers from Oregon. Just as sweet as you would expect, I don’t think these two are long for the race. Vegetarians, they already were concerned about food challenges, and viewed going on the race as “world-class, serious, fun” (as compared with the competition it is). Among a list of many countries they hoped to see on the race were Tibet, Nepal, and Mongolia, and I certainly hope they get the chance to see them. I came away from meeting Anita and Arthur with the impression that as nice as they were, they lacked the competitive nature and drive to keep them in the race for more than a leg or two.

Another team determined to be the first all-female team to win on “TAR,” Kelly and Christy definitely trained hard (they used packs) and have a lot of drive, but I remain unconvinced they’ve got a real shot. Although it was in jest, they did mention they hoped they’d have the opportunity for a mimosa while on the race, which makes me wonder just how willing they’ll be to get grimy as needed. They think their biggest downfall is that sometimes their emotions override their goals, so I hope they manage to keep that in check. They hope to go to Fiji and New Zealand (who doesn’t?) while racing, and hope skydiving is on the challenge list. I hope they do well, but in all honesty I doubt they’ll be part of the final three teams racing for the final prize.

Ken and Tina. What can I say about this couple? Married, but separated for reasons including his infidelity (it’s in the bio, people, I’m not just gossiping), they actually told me they think the race will help bring them back together. Sigh. Really? How many times have we seen couples who are starting on a solid foundation fall apart under the stress of the race? Does anyone really think that a myriad of physical challenges, severe lack of sleep, cultures you’re not used to, and no time away from each other is a good form of therapy? Oh right, Tina and Ken do. To their advantage, they are both in great shape and have done lots of traveling (and hope to see Patagonia, Israel and Africa on the race). I actually think they may be in the race for a while — they’ve got strength and a competitive drive going for them — but I think these two are this season’s Nate and Jen … I’m prepared for lots of arguing when they’re on my TV screen.

Another couple using the race as “therapy you can’t pay for” (they said it, I didn’t) is Anthony and Stephanie. And while I’m suspect of anyone using the race as couples therapy, I did like these two. They definitely have issues (he thinks she’s controlling, she says she’s just opinionated; she dislikes former racers Rob and Amber for being “too cocky,” he thinks cockiness is required in competition), but they know what they are, and have a sense of humor about themselves (at least when they’ve had a decent night’s sleep). Stephanie’s planning on taking on zip-lining or skydiving. (He’s afraid of heights. And deep water, so she’ll do any required diving too.) But Anthony is ready for any eating challenge thrown at them. And, as it says in the bio, if they make it through the race, Anthony’s ready to propose (always good to hang your future on how well you do on a reality show). I wonder just how hard CBS is hoping for that to happen on camera!

So that’s it … your teams for “TAR” 13! Remember, all of these impressions are based on about 20 minutes per team, so just wait to hear how opinionated I get once the race actually starts! See you back here Sunday, Sept. 28 — and root for Mark and Bill or Aja and Ty!

Editor’s note: Follow this link to watch the official CBS video preview trailer of “The Amazing Race” 13

- Maret Orliss, senior programming manager for Los Angeles Times Events

[Photos and video: CBS]

http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/index.php/amazing-race-13-team-2543/
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #513 on: August 22, 2008, 02:27:39 PM »
You know, i know it really isn't gona help that much, but the numbers that were on the bags indicate the number te team is listed on the site. since Toni and Dallas had #6 on their bag, they are the 6th team listed on the site at the top.

The previous seasons other than 12 didn't list the teams in number order. Season 12 sort of did, but they messed some of them up. This season might have most of the teams in number order like last season, but some teams might be in the wrong place.

I don't know if anyone has noticed this, but similar teams have the same tag numbers between seasons. All the African-American teams have a 4, and the team everyone considers the strongest usually has the number 7 - Rob & Amber, Eric & Jeremy, Tyler & James. In season 12, Ari & Staella had a 7 too. 10 is usually a couple, 8 is the old team, and lately 2 has been the number for blonde girls. Probably not too relevant here, but an interesting thing to note.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 02:33:17 PM by Hooky »
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #514 on: August 25, 2008, 11:49:07 AM »
probably nothing but I've been noting all commercials and Anthony and Stephanie are near invisible, Toni and Dallas are a close second

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #515 on: August 25, 2008, 01:10:40 PM »
Well Anthony & Stephanie were never spotted. They were invisibal to us! Maybe they are eliminated 1st? Supprising about Toni and Dallas though. We know they make the final 6.

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #516 on: October 08, 2008, 06:28:02 PM »
Contestant Evidence

Nick and Starr Team final 3 Male/Female , ~ last witnessed, Moscow, Russia ~ final 3
*the couple (i am assuming that by the way- could be bro/ sis) she had dark hair, he had dark blond hair.  very fit and looked like the had just climbed a mtn ~ Portland, PDX
*confirmed moscow evidence

Yellow cap.  :tup:  :jam:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #517 on: November 05, 2008, 01:40:15 AM »
:bump (reminder to self, needs updating)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 12:12:22 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #518 on: November 09, 2008, 10:46:21 PM »
bump for the blind and adding that our eyewitness, stacy, thinks the teams she saw were Marisa and Brooke and Terence and Sarah. Marisa and Brooke make no sense to me but hey I wasn't there so what do I know?

Just organizing the team info witnessed in Portland here:

Well, I went down there again to check out the scene.  Parked my car & lo and behold, what do I see but two people driving away in one of the minivans from the closed off lot.  Jumped back in the car to follow it - they drove down to 2nd av. and are parked in front of voodoo donut.  I bet they have or will have a shoot there - it's a weird Portland thing.  Two people waiting in the car.  Wish they would leave so I could follow them some more..

Well, sorry peeps, I had to come back to work.. After about half an hour of waiting, I walked by the van and it is a couple PAs waiting for something.  Literally doing a crossword.  I did see a conversation they had with what looked like the manager of Voodoo Donut.  I went in there to get me a donut and asked the clerk when the Amazing Race was going to be there.  He gave me a blank stare - so maybe the staff doesn't know about it, or has been instructed to not answer.  Maybe they are just getting donuts for the crew.. who knows.  Now I'm back to paying

Jason  writes on May 15th, 2008 3:11am
There was a clue box right in front of VooDoo donuts, I was there today. When nobody was close to coming, the producers would cover the box with a trash bag but when people were nearby, they would uncover the box and shoo anyone away that was standing near it. It was probably one of the last clues if the Pittock Mansion was the last stop.

They are in Portland today. I was on 5th and Salmon outside my office and two different sets of couples ran by (guy/girl and girl/girl) with a camerman and soundman each.   It looked too like Amazing Race not to be.

I just ran down the street in Portland following two girls and the camera crew.
The went to voodoo doughnuts (for a clue I think)   Police talked to producers because fans were running after the racers.
They thought someone was running out on a meal bill...  the team got into the van and drove off.

They are in Portland today.  I was on 5th and Salmon outside my office and two different sets of couples ran by (guy/girl and girl/girl) with a camerman and soundman each.  It looked too like Amazing Race not to be.

I know, girl/girl was stupid.....I was a little excited about the siting.  I saw them about 1:55pm running North.  But, I did notice they looked awfully rested, not frazzled at all....maybe decoys.
sammyk

I was waiting to pick my boyfriend up at International arrivals around Noon today.  saw a young couple, very fit and attractive and then 2 sisters (they looked related) also young and wearing matching nike workout gear- they definitely stood out, then when a camera crew w/ tons of gear started filming them running thru the terminal, well that's when it clicked! the A.R!! i love the show and had NO idea they might be in PDX. so, my boyfriend saw them in customs and he thought they had come from Moscow before PDX.
Cool! can't wait to see it on TV.

i don't recognize the teams i saw from any of those pics- the couple (i am assuming that by the way- could be bro/ sis) she had dark hair, he had dark blond hair.  very fit and looked like the had just climbed a mtn. 
Thanks stacy !! Were the 2 girls blond by any chance? we are missing some of the teams pictures but word is there were 2 blonds in pink.
Yes- sisters were blond!

more from the wweek.com site in comments . I suppose 13 - 1111 means 11 episodes *sigh*

Underwear Guy  writes on May 14th, 2008 4:48pm
**SPOILER**

I followed the girls, and the camera... I would bet money this was a decoy, Sammyk you nailed it. The girls got into a WRP van near the Voodoo Doughnuts, the were asking people along the way where Voodoo was... YET NO CLUE was to be found there. They all got into a van and drove off.

I have never posted before but have loved TAR since season 1.

Just talked with a co-worker whose husband was hiking in the Columbia Gorge at about 2:30 pm and saw racing teams, vehicles and a helicopter in the vicinity of Bridge of the Gods. He wasn't sure what it was until she called him about the Portland rumor. Could it be the race?

I work in Cascade Locks, and there is a zip line in place right now from the Bridge of the Gods to Thunder Island.  I don't know when they put it up, but it sure wasn't there yesterday!   :yess:  I got there in time to see the camera crews packing up and loading equipment into vans, but a fellow teacher saw two couples ride the zip line down to the island.  This was between 2:30-3:30 this afternoon.  There were helicopters circling the site, three camera crews at and around the bridge, and they apparently paid the owners of the Charburger restaurant to close for the day so they could secure the parking lot which overlooks the river and the zip line.  There were six yellow cabs at the parking lot where the access to the island is, along with more camera crews, and the officer that I talked to said they always stage it so that people don't know for sure how many couples are left.  Does that sound reasonable?
The other teacher talked to one of the cab drivers, who said he picked up two people at the airport from an overseas flight, took them to Newberg where they "ran around and looked for a clue", then drove them to Cascade Locks.  For some reason someone asked him if this was Fear Factor, but he said it was more like a scavenger hunt.  Apparently he has not actually seen Amazing Race himself, so didn't know anything about the usual process.

I saw TAR teams today as well at PDX.  I drive the international buses at PDX but not today.  However, I was driving the terminal parking lot  buses today and saw a camera man /sound man  running after a very tan blond woman in a florescent green sporty outfit, backpack  and one of those TAR  clue cards (?)  in her hand just about the time  the Germany  flight  would have landed. They were getting a taxi here at PDX.  I had to keep  my  eyes on my driving  but a person in the bus said they were from The Amazing Race.

My  next  loop  around (20 minutes later), I arrived  at the terminal  and  saw  more teams grabbing a taxi.  Fortunately  I was driving the Employee lot bus  and one of the supervisors  (who  got  on  camera & had to sign a TAR release  for TV)   confirmed that the teams  in fact were from TAR and got off the Lufthansa  flight from Germany to Portland OR.    They were headed  up to Washington state. He also said there were only  4 teams and perhaps  the other two teams  went up via  Seattle first -  but that of course is purely  speculation.
[/color]

Okay guys, I AM able to share some more info w/ you!

With many thanks to our incredible  Portland photographer who has been hard at work on our behalf!!

I'm pleased to report that I saw a male-male team in downtown Portland 
this evening
(peach: that would be 5/14) at about 6:00 local time. A cameraman and a sound man 
were following them.

I saw them head west along Alder, then south on 10th, then east on 
Morrison. They asked for directions at the food carts that occupy the 
parking lot north of Alder, and they looked at a metal map kiosk at 
the corner of 10th and Morrison.

They looked to be mid to late 20s or even maybe early 30s. Both were 
wearing khaki trousers; the taller one was slightly heavyset and had 
reddish curly hair and was wearing a baseball cap and a blue T-shirt. 
The other had blonde to sandy blonde hair and no hat. Both had 
backpacks.

What struck me, though, was how slowly they were moving compared to my 
expections. They certainly were not running. I don't know if this 
means they are a decoy, or that they are real but exhausted, or that 
they are real and in last place, or what.

I often buy magazines at a store on 9th & Alder, so I asked the 
cashier there if I knew anything about TAR in Portland. He said, "Oh, 
is that what that was?" I said, "Is that what WHAT was?" He said he 
had seen a male  and a female plus two-man crew
also proceeding along 
Alder. I asked him when that was. He said about two hours previously, 
which puts it at around 4:00 p.m. I asked him if he recalled any other 
details; he said he did not, except that the girl was pretty. :-/
I did not have a camera with me, but where they were is VERY central 
location; and while Portland is considerably less densely occupied 
than, say, LA or even Denver, I will be very surprised if no one here 
managed to take a reasonable picture of at least one of the teams.

I asked our source if these guys could maybe be who he saw?

And so sadly, since we don't even know their names yet (that seems so wrong somehow!), he replied:

Oooh! Yes, I do think so! Their relative heights and hair colors match!

Sad because this screams decoy to me...and interestingly, I believe it may be decoy being run AFTER the actual finale MAT arrival...

« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 10:51:08 PM by puddin »