Author Topic: Amazing Race Contestants (summary/photos page 1)  (Read 277481 times)

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race Contestants (summary/photos page 1)
« Reply #425 on: July 25, 2008, 05:09:36 PM »
nvm
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 10:27:36 PM by puddin »

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #426 on: August 02, 2008, 03:25:23 AM »
In the thread TAR in the Media, it says in a post "a pair of recent divorcees in 20s...

I posted that I think it could be a ginger haired girl is with the blue shirt!!

and puddin replied...

We think angry ginger haired girl is one of the female pair. The guy in the blue shirt is with a bleached blond.

I have been looking ever so closely at the photos of the girls from texas and the Angkor Wat photo of ginger haired girl and they simply cant...shouldnt be the same, someone needs to take a close look  :tup:
cuz I think she isnt personally the hair color of the "blonde" compared with the ginger and they arent the same at all the blonde is 2 light compared to the deep red of the other Cambodia girl...

Kiwi
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #427 on: August 02, 2008, 04:20:14 AM »
By process of elimination Kiwi I grouped the ginger haired girl as one of the female pair, Jason described the 2 females the one had blond/reddish hair. Its all we have to go on, time will tell.  :duno:

6 teams leave Cambodia
the 2 females
the frat boys
Terrance and Sarah
Mon & Son
Male with blue shirt with a bleached blond
most recently, the new found male female team India and Moscow photo evidence

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #428 on: August 02, 2008, 10:45:10 AM »
I might as well bring blue shirt and his blonde partner over to this page as well for refrence.

Kiwi, as you can see, the blonde with him is to blonde to be the ginger hired girl.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #429 on: August 02, 2008, 01:55:55 PM »
I am not sure about ginger-haired girl myself. Judging by the back views of the two girls we have, I can't convince myself she is one of them. So where does she fit in?  :duno:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #430 on: August 02, 2008, 02:05:46 PM »
We could always look at the bigger picture. We have, what, 9 teams? There is room for 2 more. We may never find out who she's racing with untill the cast reveal, but it's still worth it to look into her more.

ETA: I was looking back at the pictures and I found something that may help. Kiwi may be right, the ginger-haied girl could be with the a blue shirt guy.

On the subway with Terrance / Sarah, we already pointed out the yellow cap from the final 3 couple and the blue wristband on the other guy, but there may be something that was overlooked.

Purple: Terrance / Sarah
Blue: Blue Shirt Guy / Blonde
Yellow: Final 3 Couple seen in Moscow
Black: Blue Wristband

As you can see, the blue shirt guy and his blonde partner are on this train, yet he isn't wearing the same blue wristband as the blue shirt guy he is thought to be. That wristband is on a hand belonging to someone else, on the opposite side of the train!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 02:41:24 PM by north09 »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #431 on: August 02, 2008, 03:15:04 PM »
:badhorse:
On the guy in blue ......reference page 1

*As far as your questions, the guy was by himself, though there was also a blond girl w a green shirt (not the one you see in the picture, she is from my group) and a white baseball hat also looking for whatever.~ Siem Reap
*a very tan blond woman in a florescent green sporty outfit ~ Portland, PDX

I guess theres always that slight chance that there are 2 legs in Cambodia and the ginger haired girl was eliminated in the second leg, just throwing that out there  :lol:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #432 on: August 02, 2008, 06:29:47 PM »
The Six teams leaving:

Mom and Son
Frats
Texas Girls - they womens hair isnt ginger enough!!
Terrance and Sarah
and the team from russia and india...

the sixth team can only hold 2 people - Blue shirt guy and partner

If the ginger haired girl isnt a f/f than she must go with bsg and I just dont think she is dark enough to be her!!

7th: African American Couple

and 4 others
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #433 on: August 02, 2008, 06:36:45 PM »
I also know it was credited in another page but in norths picture on the train what about the floating fanny pack and the man with yellow cap, who has that fanny pack....

north, I like your thinking about the placement of the blue wristband...this could mean that we have the wrong people...

I can see

Terrance and Sarah
Yellow and Girl partner

and wristband too...

could the floating fanny pack be from another team?

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #434 on: August 02, 2008, 07:01:21 PM »
See, I was thinking that its possibale that the guy who saw the teams missed one. Of course, there is a lot to take into account here, with only a limited number of descriptions. I did, however, find that comparing the photo of the girls from TX and the photo of the ginger-haired female, there is one major difference: the crew. The sound guy's backpack doesn't match in color. I'm really starting to contradict what I said before!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #435 on: August 02, 2008, 07:08:47 PM »
north they rotated the crews every so many legs.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #436 on: August 02, 2008, 07:42:29 PM »
This was Jason's original message to us...

Here's my breakdown of the contestants:
2 girls, both from Texas, one blond, one brunette.
A young guy with spikey hair (college age, red shirt, orange pack,
white headband in the escalator pic) and his mother.
A young couple (pic of them from behind on my blog), probably mid-20s.
Another guy and girl but not a couple, early 20s.
2 frat boys.  One was wearing an AEPi shirt from Arizona State dated
2006 and the other was the jew-fro kid with the yellow headband.  He's
definitely a racer.
I can't remember the last contestants now but there was another pair.
Green backpack guys are camera/sound guys.  One sound guy who sat in
my row saw me taking pics and just smiled and nodded.   Was pretty
cool actually.
I didn't notice an older grey haired guy as a contestant.

Hope that helps!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #437 on: August 02, 2008, 08:00:15 PM »
Now that we have the new team photo M/F India/Moscow photo evidence we can probably exchange the teams marked #6 & #7 below whatever the case maybe....

I've been meaning to add this from Lorna via peach, again it adds more evidence that there very well could be 6 teams Delhi, India via Bangkok, Thailand.

Also new info that was pointed out by Neobie --
SA 3 legs not 4 like we originally were thinking
So
11 teams to start LA to Brazil
 lose a team in  Bahia, Savador 10 left
 lose a team somewhere SA 9 left
 lose a team La Paz, Bolivia 8 left
 lose a team Auckland, NZ 7 left
 lose a team in Siem Reap Cambodia 6 left ( looking at the times of the tasks on Tonle Sap , unless theres a another team way behind, I'll still "guess" that the African American couple was eliminated in Siem Reap which makes sense as well as Jason did not see a AA couple enroute to Delhi.
 6 teams fly from Delhi, India via Bangkok, Thailand ..this is where we lose the sightings

We were at Angkor Wat on the 4th May when they were filming the Amazing Race. We only saw one team at Angkor for the whole time we were there which was a couple of hours. This team was both male, one with orange hair and the other with brown hair and they were at the clue box at 11.30am. (7) We also happened to see all the teams walking around Siem Reap town that evening and I recall seeing 6 teams . I would love to visit your website and I have plenty of photos I will send to your email address

I'm with you Chateau hes to old  :lol:

Okay so, I wanted to touch on this as well, photo evidence page 1 of this thread. What I'm trying to figure out is are there 5 or 6 teams left leaving Cambodia?

Tonle Sap Lake

Message from Chrisrae:
*It was an African American couple. I just uploaded the only pick I have to my blog entry "cambodia's culinary delights." It's the last picture in the series. (1) photo evidence

Delhi, India via Bangkok, Thailand

* Hey everyone.  Glad I could help with the Bangkok pics and info. 
*As Peach posted, I can definitely identify 5 teams and (7)think there was another but can't be sure.   . 
*Sorry about that.  Actually, I was chatting with a crew member in the customs line when they told me it was a documentary and I asked how many people there are in the "movie" and just threw 10 out there as a number and he said yeah so maybe there are only 5 teams left. 
*I can definitely say that the frat guys are the guys in my second set of pics, one with a yellow headband, one with a yellow hat.  They were doing pullups on the bus ride from the plane.  (2) photo evidence
*The 2 girls, one blond/reddish hair, one brunette, both from Texas.  (3) photo evidence
*The couple with their backs to me in the other shot is a team, they had a number on the packs. (4) Sarah & Terrance photo evidence
 *Then there's the young guy with the spikey hair and his mother and (5) photo evidence
*another M/F who are together but almost positive they're not a couple.  (6)NO photo evidence
*That's all I saw in terms of contestants.
*I can definitely say there was no african american team.  There was one african american guy but he was a sound guy.  That's it. 
*What else?  ummmmm, I didn't see any older couple with the group. 
*We were pretty much waiting in the small Siem Reap airport together for over an hour so I got a pretty good look at everyone that was there. 

1) African American pair ~Tonle Sap Lake
2) Frat guys~Delhi, India via Bangkok, Thailand
3) 2 girls from Texas~Delhi, India via Bangkok, Thailand
4) Sarah & Terrance~Delhi, India via Bangkok, Thailand
5) Mom son ~Delhi, India via Bangkok, Thailand
6) another M/F who are together but almost positive they're not a couple~Delhi, India via Bangkok, Thailand could be the guy in blue below, may or may not be paired with the blond in the cap with the green shirt? or most recent photo evidence of the M/F team India & Moscow
7)  I can definitely identify 5 teams and think there was another but can't be sure.
We also happened to see all the teams walking around Siem Reap town that evening and I recall seeing 6 teams (Lorna in Cambodia)
could be the guy in blue below, may or may not be paired with the blond in the cap with the green shirt? or most recent photo evidence of the M/F team India & Moscow

thanks for the update peach  :tup:

And some new info:

The photographer of this fellow

has sent the following info:

As far as your questions, the guy was by himself, though there was also a blond girl w a green shirt (not the one you see in the picture, she is from my group) and a white baseball hat also looking for whatever. I have no idea what exactly they were looking for, and the day I saw them was Sunday May 4, I think late AM my time. We are, I believe, 11 hours ahead of EST.

So now we have the 7 boats at Tonle Sap Lake:

The blogger said 6, but I count 7 flags there (the flags on each end are almost hidden--compare my arrows below to the original). Doesn't production often hire one extra vehicle/animal/etc. for tasks?

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #438 on: August 02, 2008, 09:37:12 PM »
AHUH!! :tup:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #439 on: August 02, 2008, 09:39:55 PM »
Contestant Evidence

Most pictures are thumbnails, click click for the full view

team work, compiling the teams, picture credits in the spoiler thread
*~ best describes the teams

*He said there were 5 teams going via UA and 6 teams via AA.
*So there you have it:   11 teams of two.
~ LAX

:update:
BVM interview, brought to us by sunnyca

via, the hippies, you need to change them to 60s from 40s to 50s, due to Bertrams interview, sorry if that is rude I was just taking a look through everything

* The youngest team is a tandem of two guys in their early 20s. “They’re made for television,” Van Munster says. “They’re supersmart — and they make terrible mistakes.”

*A pair of recent divorcees in their late 20s also vie for the million-dollar prize. “They were left with some financial debt, so they really have a motive to run around the world,” he says.

*And once again, expect a serving of granola — this time with a husband-wife squad of 60-something Oregon hippies. “They’re the real thing,” says Van Munster. “They come right out of the '60s. To a lot of people, it looks almost like they’re from a different planet.”

#Team Hippies Male/Female late 40's to 50's, long white hair now with photo evidence last witnessed in Fortaleza, Brazil
*They were an older couple, as in, male and female.  She estimated their ages to be 40's or 50's.~ LAX
*He also confirmed the Hippie couple.They are old enough to be originals from the 60's.~ LAX
*there was one team that was 'hippie' like with long white hair~ LAX
*..We saw The Hippies ~ Chicago

#Team female/female, blondes in pink, no photo evidence last witnessed running around PDX, Oregon
*two blondes wearing hot pink sweatsuits ~ LAX
*She also mentioned the two girls~ LAX
*we saw the Blondes in Pink~ Chicago
*These two girls from Texas (according to their t-shirts anyway) were wearing matching black biker shorts, bright pink tank tops and a ton of make-up. I think the t-shirt was pretty accurate. ~ Rio Brazil
* The sisters were blond ~Portland, PDX
*2 sisters (they looked related) also young and wearing matching nike workout gear- they definitely stood out~ Portland ,PDX
*a very tan blond woman in a florescent green sporty outfit~ Portland, PDX

Team tag #9 Female Blondie/Female Brunette from Texas, Blue bandanna last witnessed heading to India
*She also mentioned the two girls~ LAX
*These two girls from Texas (according to their t-shirts anyway) were wearing matching black biker shorts, bright pink tank tops and a ton of make-up. I think the t-shirt was pretty accurate.~ Rio, Brazil
*2 girls, both from Texas, one blond, one brunette.~ Santiago, Chile [/color
*He saw 2 girls he called "the sisters" (but could have been friends also) dressed in blue shirts ~ Santiago Chile
*The 2 girls, one blond/reddish hair, ~Delhi, India via Bangkok, Thailand
*The sisters were blond ~ Portland, PDX
*2 sisters (they looked related) also young and wearing matching nike workout gear- they definitely stood out~ Portland, PDX
*a very tan blond woman in a florescent green sporty outfit~ Portland, PDX

Team African American, married, Male/Female, now with photo evidence last witnessed in Cambodia
*"an African American couple ~ Siem Reap

thank you chrisrae    

Team Frat boys, yellow bandanna's, red head might be Andrew Lappitt? witnessed heading to India, last witnessed running around Portland Oregon
*.. we saw what we would describe as two 23-26 year old "Slacker Dudes"~ Chicago
*2 frat boys.  One was wearing an AEPi shirt from Arizona State dated 2006 and the other was the jew-fro kid with the yellow headband.  He's definitely a racer.~ Delhi, India via Bangkok, Thailand 
*A pair of young jewish boys~ flight Bangkok to India
They looked to be mid to late 20s or even maybe early 30s. Both were wearing khaki trousers; the taller one was slightly heavyset and had reddish curly hair and was wearing a baseball cap and a blue T-shirt. The other had blonde to sandy blonde hair and no hat.~ Portland

Terrance & Sarah
Team male/female, purple bandanna witnessed heading to India
*..and another team that was just a regular young couple in their 20's ~ LAX
 *2 younger teams --couples he thinks ~Santiago, Chile
*A young couple (pic of them from behind on my blog), probably mid-20s.~Delhi, India via Bangkok, Thailand
*Another guy and girl but not a couple, early 20s. ~ Delhi, India via Bangkok, Thailand
*the couple (i am assuming that by the way- could be bro/ sis) she had dark hair, he had dark blond hair.  very fit and looked like the had just climbed a mtn ~ Portland, PDX

Team tag #6 Mom & Son, white bandanna witnessed heading to India
*This guy was with... what we were guessing his mom ~ Chicago
*A young guy with spikey hair (college age, red shirt, orange pack,white headband in the escalator pic) and his mother~ Delhi, India via Bangkok, Thailand

Team Male/Female last witnessed in Cambodia

*..and another team that was just a regular young couple in their 20's ~ LAX
*2 younger teams --couples he thinks ~ Santiago, Chile
*As far as your questions, the guy was by himself, though there was also a blond girl w a green shirt (not the one you see in the picture, she is from my group) and a white baseball hat also looking for whatever.~ Siem Reap
*Another guy and girl but not a couple, early 20s.~Delhi, India via Bangkok, Thailand 
*the couple (i am assuming that by the way- could be bro/ sis) she had dark hair, he had dark blond hair.  very fit and looked like the had just climbed a mtn ~ Portland, PDX
*a very tan blond woman in a florescent green sporty outfit ~ Portland, PDX

<< might be the blond?

Team final 3 Male/Female , ~ last witnessed, Moscow, Russia

misc~
#team
Elevador Lacerda Bahia, Brazil

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #440 on: August 02, 2008, 09:47:54 PM »
Above I just wanted to ask if you could change the hippies ages on page 1 to 60something...and this post is as I was looking through the large episode 1 chicago internet photo of all the people, take a look at the african american man standing just left and further forward of the "SON" and I compared him to the other guy on the truck and judging on skin colour :groan:... I think we might have a slightly better chance with him and he also has a sound guy next to him!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #441 on: August 02, 2008, 11:25:22 PM »
:WTF are you talking about Kiwi? Read the thread, peach already pointed that out.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #442 on: August 03, 2008, 03:38:20 AM »
I was talking about the hippies age...and the african american man which peach "already pointed out" sorry  :groan:

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #443 on: August 03, 2008, 07:02:40 PM »
Any idea when CBS will release contestant photos and bios?  To build interest in TAR13 which begins Sept 28, I would think it may be sooner rather than later. :jumpy:

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #444 on: August 03, 2008, 10:48:19 PM »
I wish they would hurry and do it already! It would be fun to just see all of it come out and come together. Maybe around the time of the Survivor cast, to build intrest.

And just to add, I'm just gona assume the "world tour" band was just gven to the sound guy by the blue shirt guy or something.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #445 on: August 03, 2008, 11:09:16 PM »
Any idea when CBS will release contestant photos and bios?  To build interest in TAR13 which begins Sept 28, I would think it may be sooner rather than later. :jumpy:
Would CBS release that on The Early Show about 7-10 days before the premiere? I'm not sure, but haven't they done this in the past? Inquiring minds want to know.  :bubs
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #446 on: August 03, 2008, 11:19:47 PM »
They haven't released on the Early show since season 9 I think ???

eta, season 11   :tup:

I think they skipped season 12 on the Early Show because it was too late to schedule it because it was rushed in to replace whatchamacallit etc
« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 11:40:24 PM by puddin »

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #447 on: August 03, 2008, 11:21:18 PM »
They have done that I think in the past ...but the cast on average and other things etc... I would say will be out between August 15th to August 25th maybe a bit later...we will see, first promos should be out in early Sept.

Thats my thoughts, I wish it would be sooner though  :pull

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #448 on: August 03, 2008, 11:28:32 PM »
With the premiere date set for September, I'm sure promotion would begin during Week 1 of the NFL. CBS likes to promote its Sunday night lineup rather heavily during football.
Just here to visit.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #449 on: August 03, 2008, 11:31:50 PM »
when is week 1 of NFL??