Author Topic: EP7 discussion and updates and Michael is a Jinx thread  (Read 61271 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: EP7 discussion and updates and Michael is a Jinx thread
« Reply #175 on: November 09, 2008, 10:37:00 PM »
Those peppers had to be beyond painful...I think they did great and and nice recovery!!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #176 on: November 09, 2008, 10:50:18 PM »
I do agree that they did race well and handled themselves (for them) really well.  He's just slightly odd.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #177 on: November 09, 2008, 11:39:08 PM »
Odd is too nice for him.
Just here to visit.

Offline sunnyca

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #178 on: November 10, 2008, 01:44:41 AM »
That was an awesome episode! India delivers - again!! Man, I take back everything I've said about the lame tasks this season (except in Bolivia) (maybe I've only been thinking it.. hmmm).

There were some great characters in this episode- there was the greeter already mentioned. Then there was the the divorcees' rickshaw driver who was playing tour guide while they were like - just get a move on, please!!

The Indian detour inspectors were cool! The spice shop manager with his sadistic little grin when Terence is coughing his guts out - great camera work there!  And the sewing machine man was superb! His 'thumbs down' and then the disdainful little flick of his hand sending the loserboys back time and again - priceless!  And then his broad grin from ear to ear when somebody got it right was great.

Offline sunnyca

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #179 on: November 10, 2008, 01:47:53 AM »
But the queen of this episode was undoubtedly Sarah! Somebody already mentioned the "who's my girl - it's you babe" earlier.  But the best was yet to come..

Sarah in the spice shop:
"I just wish there was another team right here with us suffering alongside of this. They're breezing thru that other frickin' detour and we're like suffering here like fools!"

Then later in the taxi after the spices:
"If somebody said to be right now, put cow manure on your body and it'll make you feel better, I'd lather myself up with that - that's how much pain I'm feeling!!!!!"  :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:
I was literally rolling on the floor! I had to stop and rewind like - 5 times!

Offline sunnyca

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #180 on: November 10, 2008, 01:54:34 AM »
kelly & christy are gone  :'( :'(  that is a sad moment to add to the collection in another thread..
funny, before this episode i had no sympathy for them - but boy they really earned it this time.  plus it just kills me that they actually did get the clue on their own, while the boys had to helped by ken and tina - and then they beat out the girls.

true, we'll never know (unless one of the racers tells us on this forum) just how far behind the girls were, but i guarantee if tina had not told them, the loserboys would still be there to this day counting cows, goats and street signs.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #181 on: November 10, 2008, 02:24:24 AM »
That was an awesome episode! India delivers - again!! Man, I take back everything I've said about the lame tasks this season (except in Bolivia) (maybe I've only been thinking it.. hmmm).

There were some great characters in this episode- there was the greeter already mentioned. Then there was the the divorcees' rickshaw driver who was playing tour guide while they were like - just get a move on, please!!

The Indian detour inspectors were cool! The spice shop manager with his sadistic little grin when Terence is coughing his guts out - great camera work there!  And the sewing machine man was superb! His 'thumbs down' and then the disdainful little flick of his hand sending the loserboys back time and again - priceless!  And then his broad grin from ear to ear when somebody got it right was great.

:funny: EXACTLY.

I love the Bleary eye Detour guy, with the "Don't f**king mess with me look" and pushed Tina aside. Spitted when one of the teams gave him the wrong info and totally adds to the annoy and suspense to the team.

Alongside with a great pitstop greeter who needs to do his job AND to greet the teams, he must be thinking.. "Heck, why did i even agree to do it in the first place"?

And the Teary eye sadistic inspector was really funny. And together with Sarah's comment and the way Terence look as if he's going to die. (He had red paint on him and he looked as if he's a zombie), it's absolutely hilarious.

AND AND the Rickshaw driver was indeed funny. I think he supposed K/C are tourist and wanted to give them some info, but K/C were like.. WTF, MOVE and CONCENTRATE. LMAO.

Great characters in India this episode. Totally hilarious.

Not to forget last week at the laundry, the lady inspector was also one hell of a b***h to Dandrew. She literally threw their ironed clothings into the un-ironed pile, signalling them to redo it again. It was really funny.

I'm lovin' INDIA. :hearts:

Offline sunnyca

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #182 on: November 10, 2008, 01:45:15 PM »
thanks for updating those insider clips, puddin!!  :kuss:

one more colorful Indian character that we didn't see sadly - terence & sarah's cabbie - although it sounded like terence really wanted to bring him on the mat - i guess they've done that before, although it's been a while i think - rob and amber brought that guy who took them all over london once.. charla and mirna were always kidnapping the locals but don't think they brought any onto the mat..

The Amazing Race 13 - Terence and Sarah's New Friend
The newly dating couple gush over their favorite person they met in this leg of the race.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ43Xv8rxyg

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #183 on: November 10, 2008, 01:54:13 PM »
Last season in Africa, Azaria & Hendekia brought their local to the mat with them. Jonathan & Victoria seemingly had a whole village with them when they got eliminated in TAR7.
Just here to visit.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #184 on: November 10, 2008, 08:44:59 PM »
kelly & christy are gone  :'( :'(  that is a sad moment to add to the collection in another thread..
funny, before this episode i had no sympathy for them - but boy they really earned it this time.  plus it just kills me that they actually did get the clue on their own, while the boys had to helped by ken and tina - and then they beat out the girls.

true, we'll never know (unless one of the racers tells us on this forum) just how far behind the girls were, but i guarantee if tina had not told them, the loserboys would still be there to this day counting cows, goats and street signs.

I read an interview with Kelly & Christy on Buddy TV.  Apparently they lost by mere minutes!  I'll bet Tina's decision to help Andrew & Dan (maybe out of strategic reasons, maybe just because they don't like Kelly & Christy) was what cost the divorcees the Race.

Belle Book

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #185 on: November 10, 2008, 09:20:04 PM »
Tina, in the insider clip, said something like Christy and Kelly did not ask them for help, instead when showing the sewer their numbers they hid their numbers from Tina and Ken. The boys asked for help and Tina gave it to them, had the girls asked Tina she would have done the same for them.

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #186 on: November 11, 2008, 11:51:32 AM »
When I saw the pitstop greeter watering the grass, for a moment I really hoped he was going to turn his hose on the contestants, to clean them up before they stepped on the mat. :lol: :-[

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 11, 2008, 01:44:29 PM »
Kelly and Christy....you are the last time to arrive...*indian man sprays them in the face with hose* LOL
that would make their leg even sadder  :'(

Offline elopes

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #188 on: November 11, 2008, 02:01:51 PM »
But the queen of this episode was undoubtedly Sarah! Somebody already mentioned the "who's my girl - it's you babe" earlier.  But the best was yet to come..

Sarah in the spice shop:
"I just wish there was another team right here with us suffering alongside of this. They're breezing thru that other frickin' detour and we're like suffering here like fools!"

Then later in the taxi after the spices:
"If somebody said to be right now, put cow manure on your body and it'll make you feel better, I'd lather myself up with that - that's how much pain I'm feeling!!!!!"  :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:
I was literally rolling on the floor! I had to stop and rewind like - 5 times!

Agree agree agree... and don't forget when she was talking to the bird as she lifted up its litterbox!!  "honey, can you please move?"  hahahaha I watched that whole sequence soooo many times!

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #189 on: November 11, 2008, 05:25:43 PM »
Tina, in the insider clip, said something like Christy and Kelly did not ask them for help, instead when showing the sewer their numbers they hid their numbers from Tina and Ken. The boys asked for help and Tina gave it to them, had the girls asked Tina she would have done the same for them.

Well, when I posted that comment, I hadn't looked at the Insider clip.  I looked at it later.  I think that although Tina may have wanted to keep Andrew & Dan around, Kelly & Christy's own unwillingness to show what turned out to be wrong numbers made her decision to help the Frat Boys easier.

Belle Book