Archive > The Amazing Race 13 Spoilers/Speculation

Timetables and Flight Information

<< < (2/44) > >>

Kogs:

--- Quote from: gingerman28 on April 24, 2008, 01:34:48 PM ---
--- Quote from: Kogs on April 24, 2008, 12:14:15 PM ---
--- Quote from: georgiapeach on April 24, 2008, 12:06:10 PM ---Good work guys!

--- End quote ---

using flightaware's tuesday lax departures its easy to put 2 and 2 together on how to figure out where they went. but since we have info of no american airlines ticket buying its more likely that they prob went to tokyo than say argentina through other cities

--- End quote ---

Let's not get too enamored with a East to West itinerary.  Remember TAR12 went from LAX to Ireland.

And when starting in Chicago teams went to Europe via Minneapolis, Boston and Baltimore

And will TPTB bypass South America two races in a row???

--- End quote ---

i checked into that to g-man only place that would be afficiant for them to go from lax is to EZE in argentina via chicago,dullas, or miami.

gingerman28:

--- End quote ---

using flightaware's tuesday lax departures its easy to put 2 and 2 together on how to figure out where they went. but since we have info of no american airlines ticket buying its more likely that they prob went to tokyo than say argentina through other cities

--- End quote ---

Let's not get too enamored with a East to West itinerary.  Remember TAR12 went from LAX to Ireland.

And when starting in Chicago -TAR 6 - teams went to Iceland via Minneapolis, Boston and Baltimore

Could be the teams took United flights or American flights connecting to somewhere in South America. (Via Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, Miami0

--- End quote ---

Kogs:

--- Quote from: gingerman28 on April 24, 2008, 01:40:06 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

And when starting in Chicago -TAR 6 - teams went to Iceland via Minneapolis, Boston and Baltimore

Could be the teams took United flights or American flights connecting to somewhere in South America. (Via Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, Miami0

--- End quote ---

g-man the united fligth would have been to dullas not chicago, while the american flights where either chicago or miami if we are going that route if it is south america
--- End quote ---

gingerman28:

--- Quote from: Chateau d If on April 23, 2008, 10:01:04 PM ---Thanks to Peach's glorious discovery I decided to go down to LAX and check it out.  Again.  I had spent last Sunday afternoon there (4/20/08) and that was a bust.

But today's trip yields some new information.  I found several staffers who had seen filming yesterday.  One team was at the northmost main entry of Tom Bradley terminal having an interview.  Not rushed.

One team was at the American Airlines terminal being interviewed off in a quiet corner.

One United Employee in the domestic terminal (#6) had heard of TAR filming (she actually said Amazing Race) that happened in the their international terminal (#7). 

Two employees at the United International terminal had seen 3 teams arrive and purchase tickets at the far east end of the counters.  I asked if they had seen colored flags around any where:  "Any little flags stuck on the poles over there?  Like red and..."  And the guy said "Oh yes, Red and Gold"  That's close enough for me!  The gal said there was one team that was 'hippie' like with long white hair (she demonstrated with her hands at mid chest level).  They were an older couple, as in, male and female.  She estimated their ages to be 40's or 50's.  She also mentioned the two girls and another team that was just a regular young couple in their 20's.

No employees at either AA (terminal 4) or Delta (terminal 5) had seen any ticket buying by filmed pairs going at their counters.

--- End quote ---

So teams are seen buying tickets at United's Interntional counter.  So where does United fly to from LAX?  Or are they connecting through some other US airport and then continuing overseas.  This could mean anything: flight to the West (Asia or Australia or Oceania); flight to the South (Surinam, Guatemala, Argentine) or East (Europe).  Only direction eliminated is North since it is not likely that they would be flying to Canada to start the race.

georgiapeach:
I have already ruled out TAR coming thru Dallas/Dulles/Chicago and can certainly relook at Miami...

Even if this a connecting/non-filming  airport I think they would still need official approval...and there wasn't any given.

G-man--I think apskip and kogs have the possible international  flights pretty well laid out here...

Have one more thing to try re their destinations and it is being worked on...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version