Author Topic: The Amazing Race 13 *Spoilers Only!* (spoiler summary page 1)  (Read 664862 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: The Amazing Race 13 *Spoilers Only!* (spoiler summary page 1)
« Reply #800 on: July 16, 2008, 11:49:34 PM »
Fixed!! I locked it and couldn't figure out how to unlock it :lol:, sorry about that.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #801 on: July 17, 2008, 12:16:51 AM »
Okay. I figured out how to make it work.  Do I get a prize!   :lol:

That was so cool.  I love their little whisper comments and Squeals.

"No camera?  Sez who?"   :funny:

And that team totally out ran their camera crew!  :jam:
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 12:23:42 AM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #802 on: July 17, 2008, 12:41:33 AM »
 :bounce  ... OMG...OMG...OMG...OMG...OMG....  :funny:   :fun

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #803 on: July 17, 2008, 01:16:35 AM »
What do y'all think about the team? Are they a couple? or something else? ???

We see her head on his shoulder...a little hug from him...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #804 on: July 17, 2008, 01:26:12 AM »
I believe either this team is a Brother/Sister or Dating and Terrance and Sarah are the opposite!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #805 on: July 17, 2008, 01:33:15 AM »
 :duno:  this close-up from the still picture shows the racers...blue backpack is a guy.... you think orange backpack is a girl?  I guess, given the high waistline on those pants...  :lol: 

« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 02:26:42 PM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #806 on: July 17, 2008, 01:39:39 AM »
We think it may be this couple...

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #807 on: July 17, 2008, 01:42:04 AM »
Posted here Boingo, I have NO doubts thats our team in the India photo at the counter.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 02:05:37 AM by puddin »

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #808 on: July 17, 2008, 01:46:31 AM »
what do you think peach, do you think the Team is dating or brother/sister?
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #809 on: July 17, 2008, 01:51:05 AM »
 :ascared  oh, I see, peach thinks the couple at the airline counter is the same as the pitstop couple because of the blue backpack.  it's possible, but it's only speculation without seeing the orange backpack...   but then again, since India was before Moscow, then any team seen in India, could also be in Moscow.   :angel:

Now, about this hugging at the pitstop... are y'all seeing that in the video?  or am I missing something?   I'm just not seeing that....     

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #810 on: July 17, 2008, 01:55:47 AM »
In the video...she puts her head on his shoulder...he puts his arm around her...a little hug? at the end...

:duno: kiwi, seemed more like family then romance but BIG guess there...

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #811 on: July 17, 2008, 05:11:49 AM »
I just was able 2 watch the video after enabling and disabling a few things, however, did yall get confirmation that they are first, cuz they dnt look 2 happy I would be screaming!!!

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #812 on: July 17, 2008, 01:34:15 PM »
Okay Puddin I expect to see the question where is the greeter standing and what gender tehy are in the game for next season.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #813 on: July 17, 2008, 01:59:34 PM »
Okay Puddin I expect to see the question where is the greeter standing and what gender tehy are in the game for next season.
Not a chance mswood  :lol:

I just was able 2 watch the video after enabling and disabling a few things, however, did yall get confirmation that they are first, cuz they dnt look 2 happy I would be screaming!!!
Yeahthatsright, first of 3 teams Kiwi.

eta: I re-hosted the video so you can get a larger video, not ants.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 02:32:57 PM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #814 on: July 18, 2008, 12:39:37 PM »

I think we loose our video feed too soon to see Phil give them their arrival status.  The cameras are not even in place yet are they?
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #815 on: July 18, 2008, 02:19:14 PM »
I think we loose our video feed too soon to see Phil give them their arrival status.  The cameras are not even in place yet are they?

:lol: Exactly... and what about the ubiquitous shot of Phil pointing into the distance as the racers approach the pitstop, and the greeter gazing into the hosts eyes while nodding their approval....  :funny:

I guess they can always do a re-take later.   :angel:   I guess even reality TV is not necessarily "real time".  :sucks

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #816 on: July 18, 2008, 02:42:28 PM »
What are y'all talking about? :lol3:

I see a cameraguy! I see lightboards! I see them wisking away the Pitstop board ....
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #817 on: July 19, 2008, 04:05:06 PM »
I can't wait to see the arrival in-show.  We should be able to see our little video crew in the background.

:snicker:

If 'first of three' is accurate then this Pit Stop is NEL.

Offline Dragoondaniel

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #818 on: July 19, 2008, 07:58:19 PM »
I can't wait to see the arrival in-show.  We should be able to see our little video crew in the background.

:snicker:

If 'first of three' is accurate then this Pit Stop is NEL.

Wouldn't that mean a Speed Bump on the Finale leg? Interesting....  :snicker:

Offline beau_30

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • STEWIE GRIFFIN FOR 2008!!
« Reply #819 on: July 19, 2008, 08:04:38 PM »
I just have to say that you guys are AMAZING!!!  :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy:
"The only Thing to Fear, Is Fear Itself"

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #820 on: July 20, 2008, 10:44:01 AM »
peach & I sold our souls for the above video and info  :lol: .....thought you all might enjoy it. :-[  :angel:

Newspaper scan thanks to Michael  :jam:

click click

SPOILER ALERT!
TheStar.com

The Amazing Race investigation
A reporter stumbled into the path of a hit reality show. Then, the show's fans found her

Jul 19, 2008 04:30 AM

Robyn Doolittle
Staff Reporter

There was something about the way the camera crews were just waiting around that told me they weren't from the local Moscow news station.

And then there was the good-looking guy in the tan leather jacket talking in front of the camera. He seemed to be speaking English – unlike the Russian-speaking cameramen. And why was there a second crew 50 metres away, near a grand archway leading into the All-Russia Exhibition Centre?

Then it hit me.

"Guys!" I giddily turned to the seven friends I was travelling with, "I think this is The Amazing Race."

Within an hour or so the leather jacket guy – host Phil Keoghan –and a man dressed up in Soviet garb stationed themselves in front of a giant Lenin statue. Before long, a pair of haggard-looking twentysomethings, weighed down by backpacks, came barrelling through the archway. They were first. Hugs all round. And we were documenting it all.

A frantic producer woman sprinted over. "No cameras! No filming!"

A second was more diplomatic. He used guilt. "From the bottom of my heart, I know I can't delete your pictures or anything, but please, keep what you've seen quiet. Millions of people look forward to this every year."

We said we weren't there for trouble, we were just fans of the show. He seemed relieved and I was content to drop it.

That is, until The Amazing Race found me.

On July 2, several months after my trip, an email arrived with the subject line: Amazing Race. I opened it.

"Hi Robyn! My name is Peach and I am with an Internet group that tracks The Amazing Race. We stumbled across your friend Vanessa's picture of the race and Phil! In Moscow and are thrilled to bits ... perhaps you could answer some questions for me?"

Whaaaa? I called Vanessa. She'd posted her Russia pics on a Picasa Web album. Were those searchable? We laughed. As a reporter, I spend most of my day stalking people on the Internet for stories, and here, I'd been e-hunted.

They called themselves The Amazing Race detectives. Since 2004, race cycle 5, the TAR detectives – about 15 in total – have mapped out, blow-by-blow, pretty much every stop of the race months before the show airs.

They search web albums and blogs for people like myself, scrutinize promo clips, track down contestants and map out possible flight patterns. Among them: a space engineer, a former travel industry professional who "can pull up flight information at the drop of a hat" and a WWII vet.

One of the forum members is married to a police detective.

"One of the nicest compliments we ever got was when the husband of one of our posters (said) he should give us some of his cold cases for us to work on during the office season," says Peach.

She says her real name is Rose, she works in medicine, hails from Georgia and dreams of being a site scout for the show.

As leads develop, the detectives frantically follow the trail – sometimes until dawn. Pictures. Car types. Licence plates. Local geography and architecture. It's all dissected to the most minute detail. To date, almost all of cycle 13 is mapped out.

The original TAR detective, Puddin, from Pennsylvania, who is "old enough to have teenagers," explained how she found us:

As usual, Puddin was scanning online photo albums, including Picasa. Vanessa captioned one picture "Amazing Race." It showed the back of the contestants and the Soviet soldier. Host Keoghan was hidden. Puddin couldn't find Vanessa online, but she noticed one photo captioned "Robyn and Oleg" (my boyfriend). "The (Ryerson) sweatshirts gave it away," Puddin says. "We googled Robyn, Ryerson University and bingo!" A story I'd written on buying a new condo popped up, with a picture of Oleg and me.

"I compared your photo with Vanessa's and thought for sure I had a match," Puddin says.

I was impressed, but after poking around on the site, I realized this Sherlock Holmes sleuthing was nothing. Not only had they found us, but they were able to deduce what time and day we were there, largely by puddles on the ground.

They were able to discover the location of the finale mat, or finish line, for this upcoming season.

But as true fans, they chose not to reveal the information on their website.

"We were all horrified at the thought that the racers might be besieged by the media, or that the winner might be known before the show even wrapped," says Peach. "It was more important to us at that point to protect the finale of the show than it was to be the first (fan site) to share the news ... We are all in this because we adore the race and the friends and excitement."

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #821 on: July 20, 2008, 11:04:01 AM »
Oh lordie.  :-[ :-[ :-[

And y'all only thought you knew the things we do for RFF! :lol3:

I know just how Robyn felt! It is kinda of a shock when an innocent little letter turns into an article by an investigative journalist....

Aside from getting peach and puddin confused (peach--puddin what's the diff? :funny:) she did a nice job, I think!

But if we were going to sell our souls, we were going to take the rest of y'all with us!  :ya3:

So much fun to see a snippet of the TAR Detectives at work and how everybody's hard work all falls together!

You guys are the BEST! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #822 on: July 20, 2008, 12:01:30 PM »
quote from Robyn:

Yes it was the 13th. the first of three teams came in around noon-2ish. i don't really remember exactly, just that it was very early. It had rained all morning and the sun came out around noon.

Lets try to clarify "the first of three teams" , take from it what you will! Robyn and her group witnessed 3 teams and we don't know if there was a 4th team, remember nothing is 100% certain! Robyn and her group were at the Centre for hours and, to me anyway, their is room to debate about a possible 4th team which is likely if TAR is following the TAR12 format.

From Robyn~

*the team that vanessa took a pic of was obviously the first. ( who we at rff have narrowed down to be this pair )

*i can't describe the 2nd team. we saw them at a difference. ( distance)

*but as we were leaving, maybe 4 or 5 hrs after the first went through, we bumped into a 3rd as they got off the monorail.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 02:12:21 PM by puddin »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #823 on: July 20, 2008, 02:31:21 PM »
 :yess:   peach, may I quote you on this: "Funny how your past comes back to haunt you, huh?  :funny: Full circle!

quote from Robyn:

*but as we were leaving, maybe 4 or 5 hrs after the first went through, we bumped into a 3rd as they got off the monorail.

Monorail....huh  :angel:   Interesting, as the Moscow Monorail doesn't really go anywhere, just between 2 metro stations.  It has a stop at the main gate of the All-Russia Exhibition Center, though.   :snicker:

The Moscow Monorail Transit System (MMTS) - monorail system in Moscow (Russia), in Severo-Vostochny (Norh-Eastern) administrative district. It links metro stations Timiryazevskaya and VDNKh (length - 4.7 km). Its design was initiated in 1998 and first passengers were admitted on November 30, 2004 "in the touring mode". On January 10, 2008 monorail began to work in normal mode, which meant the reduction of ticket price from about $2 to the common price of Moscow rapid transport tickets, and much more frequent trains.

Maybe they took the metro to the Timiryazevskaya station and then the Monorail to the Exhibition Center.  :duno:  Or maybe not.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 02:32:25 PM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #824 on: July 20, 2008, 03:16:48 PM »
Hi Robyn,  nice article.  I'm officially buying you at ticket to the next TARcon.    :thankyou:

ETA:  I didn't do my homework very well.  New shot:  bring Jacq too!

« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 02:33:39 PM by puddin »