Author Topic: The Amazing Race 13 *Spoilers Only!* (spoiler summary page 1)  (Read 666092 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: The Amazing Race 13 *Spoilers Only!* (spoiler summary page 1)
« Reply #675 on: June 14, 2008, 10:32:59 PM »
Heee...I'm on a Headdress roll here! :rotf:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #676 on: June 14, 2008, 11:11:16 PM »
Arch at Monticulo

At the upper end of a cobblestone street, it is a lover’s park with baroque colonnades and the stanzas of a tango to Mount Illimani inscribed on four rocks along the entrance path. From El Montículo, it is possible to see the distant, upper limits of the city, where streets abrupt into sheer cliff faces which, when it rains, crumble into the lower precincts of the neighborhood appropriately called Tembladerani
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #677 on: June 14, 2008, 11:33:38 PM »
Plaza Abaroa

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #678 on: June 15, 2008, 10:11:53 AM »
Thank you peach! Always nice to get a confirmation on the date and more details :yess: and thank you C&W, "Trucha Libre" for answering our questions.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #679 on: June 15, 2008, 01:08:47 PM »
FWIW, at least C&W's La Paz sightings are close together...   :angel:

Note: details previously spoiled on page 9 of this thread.   :groan:

« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 06:17:07 PM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #680 on: June 15, 2008, 05:14:31 PM »
I'm trying to sort out where which activity she saw is most likely to have been.  From C&W's apartment shots (see page 9, this thread) I had ID'd which building they were in.  At one point in the C&W blog they say:  "The day we took possession of our apartment we were crossing the park in front of our building and noticed a lot of people and some really weird all wood bicycles."  Neither the Plaza Abaroa or the Monticulo is 'in front' of their building.  But being on an upper floor of a 16 story building does tend to widen one's sphere of surroundings.   Here is a GE capture that shows the building, Plaza Abaroa, and the Monticulo.  Because the building's front entrance is only 285 feet from the Plaza I bet that is their 'park'.  Plus, she also just says it out right:  "They were in Plaza Abaroa (sometime called Plaza Avaroa)"  :groan:

So the 'Wooden Roller/Wooden Dancer' task (go ahead, call it a Detour!) takes place in the Plaza Abaroa.

Now she also gives us this:  "we also noticed a lot of commotions and big tv lighting in the parc of the Monticulo"

This spells Pit Stop mat to me.  It also clues us in on when the leg was expected to end.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 06:18:17 PM by puddin »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline TheScandinavianAmazingR.

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Best Survivor ever.............Ozzy
« Reply #681 on: June 17, 2008, 04:52:10 PM »
Anyone knows the country's in The Amazing Race 13? I have read Brazil, Bolivia, Cambodia and India at this site!!!!

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #682 on: June 17, 2008, 04:55:35 PM »
Add New Zealand to your list.
Add Russia to your list.
What are believed now to be transit points only are in Santiago Chile, Bangkok Thailand, Dubai UAE, and Frankfurt Germany.
If you want the details in timetable form, consult the Timetables and Flight Information thread.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #683 on: June 17, 2008, 04:57:31 PM »
Anyone knows the country's in The Amazing Race 13? I have read Brazil, Bolivia, Cambodia and India at this site!!!!

Hi there, Apskip is right, or you can go here and find puddin's summary which is also helpful.

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,15483.msg303377.html#msg303377
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 06:03:03 PM by TexasLady »
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline selwyn

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #684 on: June 19, 2008, 05:26:43 AM »
I got some more confirmation from a couple of local industry sorts... In case there was still any doubt I am not 100% certain the TAR filmed in New Zealand.

From my understanding of the timings there has been a series of TAR Asia filming with some overlapping time, so possibly some sightings that don't fit in may have been the Asia show?

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #685 on: June 19, 2008, 06:35:08 AM »
Selwyn;

It is  has been certain for weeks that AR13 teams arrived around 4am on May 2 in and departed from New Zealand the afternoon of May 3, both from Auckland airport. what is not known is where they went in between. The best bet is the Tauranga and Mt. Manganui area. If you want to help, focus some effort there to track them down.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #686 on: June 19, 2008, 10:27:15 AM »
I got some more confirmation from a couple of local industry sorts... In case there was still any doubt I am not 100% certain the TAR filmed in New Zealand.

From my understanding of the timings there has been a series of TAR Asia filming with some overlapping time, so possibly some sightings that don't fit in may have been the Asia show?

selwyn, we have evidence that the Asian version started filming around May 17th/18th posted here as well as some production photos for the USA version with other evidence all gathered here. So with that we have no doubts what your industry friends worked on was indeed TAR13.
Please let us know if you hear anything else selwyn and again thank you  :waves:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #687 on: June 19, 2008, 03:01:00 PM »
the Tauranga Mt. Manganui area I live there as I have said, so why dont you think that the NZ Episode could just have stayed in Auckland thus counting the Skytower... I just would hate to think they came straight through Tauranga without me knowing it!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #688 on: June 19, 2008, 03:27:54 PM »
the Tauranga Mt. Manganui area I live there as I have said, so why dont you think that the NZ Episode could just have stayed in Auckland thus counting the Skytower... I just would hate to think they came straight through Tauranga without me knowing it!
:waves:
Hi, this is completely unconfirmed and comes to me third hand but my mother was listening to a talk show on the radio yesterday here in NZ and there was a woman from Tauranga on who said that a reality show had been through there-well, the Tauranga-Mount Maunganui area (in the North Island, not far from Auckland). I asked my mother if the woman had said when and she said no but she got the impression listening that it was in the last month.

I know this is very unreliable so please treat it with a grain of salt!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #689 on: June 21, 2008, 08:32:49 PM »
Fortaleza City Ceará ? Yeah! that's right!!
This came to me in a round about way thanks to our Rob here that forwarded me an email from a very nice Fortaleza local named Nivaldo who found our site and wanted to help  :hearts:

Much thanks to our friend Nivaldo :thankyou:

Hi, I'm Nivaldo I'm a painter, I was hired to take part and do to something in amazing race 13.

It was in Fortaleza City Ceará state Brazil.

I really liked to participate in the reality show. I knew Phil and his team and I helped him too because it was raining so much.
I participate as a painter and gave one envelope to each team. You will know that I'm not lying.
You will see my blue uniform.

I painted the letters on the wall because the challenge was to read it all in Portuguese and find the key phrase.

The key phrase was: Cidade Da Crianca (it’s a place in Fortaleza downtown like a big square where the teams need to take a taxi and run to that place to do another challenge, but before they needed to tell me the key and I gave them the envelope.
I’m having difficulty explaining all the details because I’m just learning English and am not good, excuse my mistakes.

I took the picture on April 23rd but they filmed on April 25 in the morning and finished about 2:00pm because I needed to paint it 2 days before and paid me to participate in the filming too.

I never heard of Amazing Race before and they tried to do everything in secret, but during the filming I dressed in a blue painter uniform with some brushes and the teams arrived in a taxi, took the envelope in a red box, I don’t remember what they called that, and they need to find the painter (me) and one of the couple needed to stay beside me and the other run and read all the phases to find the key, he or she ran to tell me the key. That place is located in Metropolitan area of Fortaleza City in a place called “Iparana” Caucaia city near Forrtaleza the capital of Ceara state.

A farm called “Parque De Vaquejada A Ze Gerardo”, the place where they do rodeos but, they filmed outside this place, not inside.

I’m trying to remember all the details …I recall 10 teams.

You can see a picture

I took the picture exactly in the place with this guy called Mike and he worked on the Amazing Race team. You can see the date too.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 08:46:05 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #690 on: June 21, 2008, 08:45:32 PM »
Vaquejada do Parque Zé Gerardo Arruda

Cidade Da Crianca Fortaleza

« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 06:19:28 PM by puddin »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #691 on: June 21, 2008, 09:12:57 PM »
Thanks Puddin (and Rob and Nivaldo)! The whiteboard is starting to make a little more sense.  Iparana.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #692 on: June 21, 2008, 09:28:34 PM »
Slowhatch, I'm still curious about Lisbon .........why would a field producer have anything to do with sequester? So?

Leg Two might be in our hands, guys...

Following the whiteboard for the 24th, JJ 8006 for Paolo Olivier comes in from Fortaleza. (That gives the 5.45pm timing.) Now with the "BC" mystery solved by Chateau, we know "Bas Pot" leaves Salvador on JJ 8003. That flies from Buenos Aires, to Sao Paulo, to Salvador, to Fortaleza.

In other news, JJ 3179 for Giselle and JJ 3173 for Erin go back to Sao Paulo. TAP 156 for Darren Bunkley goes to Lisbon. (Lisbon? Portugal? Sequesterville?)

What do you guys make of this?

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #693 on: June 21, 2008, 09:49:38 PM »
Neobie's guess makes sense. Don't eliminated teams need a "minder" on their trip to Sequesterville? And since the start of "elimination station," an on-site field producer has probably been needed.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #694 on: June 21, 2008, 10:06:49 PM »
Neobie's guess makes sense. Don't eliminated teams need a "minder" on their trip to Sequesterville? And since the start of "elimination station," an on-site field producer has probably been needed.
Probably I'm over thinking it  :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #695 on: June 22, 2008, 02:23:16 AM »
Wow! Nivaldo! :yourock: :ty:

and your English is great! :yess:

May we ask more questions?

What is the address of the wall?

What did they film at the farm?

Did you see an older couple that looked like hippies--she had long white hair??
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #696 on: June 22, 2008, 02:24:09 AM »
Heading off to Timeline spec with some questions! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #697 on: June 22, 2008, 09:03:21 AM »

if thats the case im suprised they guy they hired for season12 isnt back

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #698 on: June 22, 2008, 11:54:33 AM »
Wow! Nivaldo! :yourock: :ty:

and your English is great! :yess:

May we ask more questions?

What is the address of the wall?

What did they film at the farm?

Did you see an older couple that looked like hippies--she had long white hair??

Nivaldo says that he will go out to the wall at the "farm" to take some pictures of where he painted the wall as well as details tomorrow.
Also he was hired through the yellow pages through an agency that worked for TAR and stayed at the Grand Marquise Hotel in Fortaleza if that helps?

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #699 on: June 22, 2008, 02:54:43 PM »
if Nivaldo handed clues to all 10 teams than maybe he can help with some stronger descriptions maybe even heard some names!!.

I would especially like to see if the hippies made it past leg 1!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.