Author Topic: The Amazing Race 13 *Spoilers Only!* (spoiler summary page 1)  (Read 666069 times)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Re: The Amazing Race 13 *Spoilers Only!* (spoiler summary page 1)
« Reply #350 on: May 16, 2008, 10:15:49 AM »
In Route to India on flight IC 854.

I think this will help confirm some of our other info!!

The Air India flight leaves Bangkok at 1:30 pm.  That defines which flight out of Siem Reap they needed to use: 
Bangkok Airways # 904 leaving at 9:50 am and arriving in Bangkok at 10:45 am.

This all defines that the Siem Reap leg ended in late afternoon (say 3 to 6 pm) on May 4th.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 10:27:53 AM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #351 on: May 16, 2008, 10:49:55 AM »
I have made a few minor adjustments in the Timetable to the writing for 5/5 departure from REP to BKK and then DEL. Flights PG904 and IC854 were already there.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #352 on: May 16, 2008, 10:56:38 AM »
5/5
Siem Reap to Bangkok airport
Most probable flights out will be PG904 REP BKK 0950 1045 or PG906 REP BKK 1250 1400 or PG914 1430 1540 although there are 2 more later. The news that there is a known 4 hour layover in Bangkok is interesting.

Choice of these 3 nonstop flights form BKK to DEL:
IC854 BKK DEL 1330 1615 or
TG315 1745 2045 or
9W063 1825 2130

The first pair has 2 3/4 hours between PG204 and IC854, so that doesn't fit. the second pair has 3 3/4 hours between PG906 and TG315, so that is an excellent fit. the third pair has 2 3/4 hours between PG914 and 9W063, so that doesn't fit. It looks like our flight connection is:

PG906 1250 1400 REP BKK
TG315 1745 2045 BKK DEL

Arrival into downtown Delhi would be after 10pm. I am going to guess that they run into an hours of operation restriction fairly quickly.

This is what you had.  Like I said, "I think this will help confirm some of our other info!!"  It needed to be pinned down.  It's not like it was already correct.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 01:35:22 PM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #353 on: May 16, 2008, 11:17:59 AM »
From newman 44 at this forum :
My friends have been living in Brazil for the last few months and this is an excerpt from her blog posted on April 26th:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those of you who are unfamiliar with the reality TV show, The Amazing Race, it is a competition where people travel all over the world in a hectic rat race to come in first and win the big prize. I..m actually not all that familiar with the show myself but I..m pretty sure they were on my airplane.

This situation happened completely by chance. From Cordoba, we were to have a stop over in Porto Alegre another stop in Sao Paulo and then arrive in Salvador in the afternoon. Because of fog, the airport in Porto Alegre was closed, so we had to detour to Rio and from there, fly to Salvador, which was actually much more efficient and convenient.

At the airport in Rio, we noticed several film crews and people in teams of two, often wearing matching outfits. These two girls from Texas (according to their t-shirts anyway) were wearing matching black biker shorts, bright pink tank tops and a ton of make-up. I think the t-shirt was pretty accurate. Anyway, we noticed them being interviewed by the film crews, acting out dramatic situations and so-on. When it came time to board we talked to some of them and lent one of them our brazil book, although they didn..t give us many details about what they were doing. There was a delay in taking off and one team asked if they could move closer to the front. As soon as they did, all the other contestants tried to do the same. It was kind of annoying becuase I think it delayed our take-off even more. Anyway, at that point, we were pretty confident that if it wasn..t The Amazing Race, it was an amazing race of some sort.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 12:17:21 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #354 on: May 16, 2008, 11:38:52 AM »
Fixed!! lol
The girl/girl teams are getting confusing! Do all girl/girl teams wear pink :lol: ?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #355 on: May 16, 2008, 11:48:13 AM »
This says that those teams were flying in on Gol Transportes Aereos flight # 1888 which left Rio on  Thu - Apr 24, at 6:45 am and arrived in Salvador at 8:45 am.

ETA:  see better fit below
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 12:35:37 PM by Chateau d If »

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #356 on: May 16, 2008, 11:55:51 AM »
The immediate previous flight from any airport in Rio de Janeiro to Salvador is GOL 1626 from 0040 to 0240, which suggests they only arrived in Rio airport early Thursday morning (after midnight and before 6.30am).

Flight time from Sao Paulo to Rio is at its shortest 50min, we'll probably have to look into the modes of transportation in between to see if there's a chance for a Pit Stop anytime before Salvador.

(Why Rio?)

Thanks Puddin for continually updating Page One!

« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 06:47:04 PM by TexasLady »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #357 on: May 16, 2008, 12:09:49 PM »
Unless they were starting from Rio then we know of several weather related delays that day...maybe Fog elsewhere accounted for the change? If there was a change....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #358 on: May 16, 2008, 12:16:57 PM »
I have a better fit to the flight the Pinks were on into Salvador:   Gol Transportes Aereos flight # 1600 which left Rio on  Thu - Apr 24, at 10:30 am and arrived in Salvador at 12:30 pm.

I think the tourist was on a flight from Cordoba, Argentina to Porto Alegre:  G3 7496 which was scheduled to land there at 7:30 am and diverted to Rio.  That would get there at about 9:12 am.  Then the tourist would see the teams in the airport while waiting for the 10:30 am departure of G3 1600.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 04:38:43 PM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #359 on: May 16, 2008, 12:27:36 PM »
I think the Pinks in Rio is just a connection, not a task location.  There are lots of flights from Sao Paulo to Rio that would get them there in time to be seen by the tourist. 

They just did not get the best flight from Sao Paulo to Salvador.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 12:32:13 PM by Chateau d If »

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #360 on: May 16, 2008, 12:46:43 PM »
But G3 1941 flies from Sao Paulo Guarulhos to Salvador from 10.05am to 12.20pm. Would the Pinks have missed that one and made it in time for a flight, from Rio, at 10.30am? (This is in reference to G3 1600 leaving Rio at 10.30am and arriving Salvador at 12.30pm.)

Are all earlier flights (there are quite a few) full, or is passing through Rio is mandatory on the race in some way, be it a clue location or charter flight location...?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 12:49:54 PM by Neobie »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #361 on: May 16, 2008, 12:53:24 PM »
For Neobie:  here is where I found the 1888 flight (but it's not the one that fits anyway).

Yeah, I don't know for sure either way if they do tasks in Sao Paulo or Rio or both?  And chartered flights can always enter the mix.

The model that I am trying to fit is they start sometime in the morning in Sao Paulo.  And as usual, some teams get to begin earlier than others.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 04:40:03 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #362 on: May 16, 2008, 02:57:03 PM »
Thanks for the maps Neobie! They do not go unnoticed!! :jumpy: :<3

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #363 on: May 16, 2008, 09:55:16 PM »
We're still looking to fill that gap between May 6 and May 13.  Two stops could be made in this time period.,  But where?

We have them in Dubai Airport and then probably at the Frankfurt airport before flying across the pond to Portland.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #364 on: May 16, 2008, 10:40:25 PM »
(Why Rio?)
Neobie, there are multiple possible reasons, including these two primary ones:
1. Rio is a major international airport and could have been a connection point for some teams. There are several nonstop flights between Sao Paulo and Salvador, but some teams could have gotten a poor travel agent who put them on a connecting flight or the timing of the connection was better than the nonstops at that specific tiem of day when they were ready to go.

2. It is also possible that there was a TBC or partial leg in Sao Paulo, with the remainder in Rio de Janeiro.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #365 on: May 18, 2008, 01:16:04 PM »
Here is a company that makes wooden bikes in Santa Cruz, Bolivia:  Holzkönig

They have several variations of frames.

Offline password

• Village Idiot
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #366 on: May 18, 2008, 02:18:29 PM »
I heard rumors of the Amazing Race 13 teams touching down in Colombo,Sri Lanka

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #367 on: May 18, 2008, 02:37:58 PM »

:welcome2: password!

Want to tell us more? As in where did you hear the rumor, is there a link to a place we can read about it, if it is a private source do you trust them, and so on?

And MOST importantly --WHEN would that have been?

Anything more that you can share will be a huge help!

:hithere:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #368 on: May 18, 2008, 02:39:38 PM »

Airline flight schedules suggest that this is unlikely. There is only one nonstop from BKK CMB - UL422 2110 2255
It connects in Colombo with UL195 - CMB DEL 1510 1845, the only nonstop on that route. That would mean staying in Bangkok for about 9 hours longer(than the first nonstop flight BKK DEL departs at 1330) before catching the first flight, then taking 21 hours to do the trip. that's a total of 30 hours when they could fly nonstop BKK DEL in about 4.5 hours. Who would do that unless they had trouble en route and were diverted to Colombo?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #369 on: May 18, 2008, 02:50:10 PM »
But it wouldn't have had to be a nonstop from Bangkok, right? This could have even occured after a Delhi leg, perhaps?

**waiting eagerly to hear more from password**
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline password

• Village Idiot
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #370 on: May 18, 2008, 07:10:41 PM »
I am sri Lankan so i hear news from my home country and they said "The Amazing Race" was being flimed there.
It could be the amazing race asia or a local version of the show.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #371 on: May 18, 2008, 07:16:11 PM »
Hi password!  Great to have your help.

Most of all:  Do you know when the filming happened?

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #372 on: May 18, 2008, 07:23:13 PM »
But it wouldn't have had to be a nonstop from Bangkok, right? This could have even occured after a Delhi leg, perhaps?

**waiting eagerly to hear more from password**
Flights have to originate in Bangkok because the teams were spotted there and because it is the major route out of Siem Reap.

Maybe it could have happened after the Delhi leg, but when you go through Dubai you are not heading for Colombo, which is 2052 miles in the wrong direction from where AR13 was headed(Europe and then the U.S.) with only 6 days to make that happen. The quickest flight is 7 hours 25 minutes. Timing precludes the race having gone Delhi to Colombo and then Colombo to  Dubai. The chances that they backtracked to Colombo after Dubai and slim indeed.

Offline RichInOz

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #373 on: May 19, 2008, 01:19:38 AM »
I really doubt that they would go to Colombo. Recent violence in Sri Lanka makes it a bit of a risk. Bit of a shame really cause it would make a change from India all the time.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #374 on: May 19, 2008, 06:45:51 AM »
Also, let us not forget that AR6 went to Colombo before going into the highlands of Sri Lanka.