Author Topic: The Amazing Race 13 *Spoilers Only!* (spoiler summary page 1)  (Read 664870 times)

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Saw 2 teams at PDX this a.m.
« Reply #300 on: May 14, 2008, 06:57:56 PM »
a possible F/F for the win

so 2 teams on one flight, third team = guido edit???

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race 13 *Spoilers Only!* (spoiler summary page 1)
« Reply #301 on: May 14, 2008, 06:58:32 PM »
The travel time from Siem Reap to the entrance to Ankgor Wat is I believe less than 1 hour. That means they could have been there by about 1800. Or maybe some tasks were in the area but not at Angkor Wat. I don't know if Angkor Wat is open after 1800 but I'm sure somebody can check this before I can get to it.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 07:42:03 AM by apskip »

Offline rzatki

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #302 on: May 14, 2008, 07:03:24 PM »
I have never posted before but have loved TAR since season 1.

Just talked with a co-worker whose husband was hiking in the Columbia Gorge at about 2:30 pm and saw racing teams, vehicles and a helicopter in the vicinity of Bridge of the Gods. He wasn't sure what it was until she called him about the Portland rumor. Could it be the race?

Offline stacy

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #303 on: May 14, 2008, 07:04:14 PM »
i don't recognize the teams i saw from any of those pics- the couple (i am assuming that by the way- could be bro/ sis) she had dark hair, he had dark blond hair.  very fit and looked like the had just climbed a mtn. 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #304 on: May 14, 2008, 07:07:55 PM »
Thanks stacy !! Were the 2 girls blond by any chance? we are missing some of the teams pictures but word is there were 2 blonds in pink.

Offline stacy

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #305 on: May 14, 2008, 07:13:13 PM »
Yes- sisters were blond!

Offline KingCrimson88

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #306 on: May 14, 2008, 07:19:29 PM »
Could these be decoy teams?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #307 on: May 14, 2008, 07:19:44 PM »
Yes- sisters were blond!
See we have reason to believe they did not make the final 6 or 7 teams but have no way to be certain, its based on what other people witnessed as far as teams go. Thanks stacy :gj:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #308 on: May 14, 2008, 07:24:05 PM »
It looks like it would be a good spot for a task:  Toll House Park

« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 11:19:14 PM by puddin »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 08:01:53 PM by Boingo »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #310 on: May 14, 2008, 07:37:04 PM »
more from the wweek.com site in comments . I suppose 13 - 1111 means 11 episodes *sigh*

Underwear Guy  writes on May 14th, 2008 4:48pm
**SPOILER**

I followed the girls, and the camera... I would bet money this was a decoy, Sammyk you nailed it. The girls got into a WRP van near the Voodoo Doughnuts, the were asking people along the way where Voodoo was... YET NO CLUE was to be found there. They all got into a van and drove off.

Beside, the International flight schedule would not have placed them in downtown.

What's confirmed is TAR is in down! The producers clip boards were in view. We could read 13 - 1111 on the sheet. This is RACE 13.

Tomorrow morning is the likely timing of the finish. Early am, no one around... lets guess Timberline, the Falls, Washington Park, no not the Tram.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 11:36:10 PM by puddin »

Offline judym55555

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #311 on: May 14, 2008, 08:11:10 PM »
I work in Cascade Locks, and there is a zip line in place right now from the Bridge of the Gods to Thunder Island.  I don't know when they put it up, but it sure wasn't there yesterday!   :yess:  I got there in time to see the camera crews packing up and loading equipment into vans, but a fellow teacher saw two couples ride the zip line down to the island.  This was between 2:30-3:30 this afternoon.  There were helicopters circling the site, three camera crews at and around the bridge, and they apparently paid the owners of the Charburger restaurant to close for the day so they could secure the parking lot which overlooks the river and the zip line.  There were six yellow cabs at the parking lot where the access to the island is, along with more camera crews, and the officer that I talked to said they always stage it so that people don't know for sure how many couples are left.  Does that sound reasonable?
The other teacher talked to one of the cab drivers, who said he picked up two people at the airport from an overseas flight, took them to Newberg where they "ran around and looked for a clue", then drove them to Cascade Locks.  For some reason someone asked him if this was Fear Factor, but he said it was more like a scavenger hunt.  Apparently he has not actually seen Amazing Race himself, so didn't know anything about the usual process.
My speculation is Timberline Lodge for the finish?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #312 on: May 14, 2008, 08:17:02 PM »
I have never posted before but have loved TAR since season 1.

Just talked with a co-worker whose husband was hiking in the Columbia Gorge at about 2:30 pm and saw racing teams, vehicles and a helicopter in the vicinity of Bridge of the Gods. He wasn't sure what it was until she called him about the Portland rumor. Could it be the race?
Oh how sneaky would that be  :lol:?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #313 on: May 14, 2008, 08:17:59 PM »
Thunder Island

« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 11:16:56 PM by puddin »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #314 on: May 14, 2008, 08:20:07 PM »
 :snicker:  FWIW

Newberg, OR     :angel:

Timberline Lodge    :duno:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #315 on: May 14, 2008, 08:21:26 PM »
And Rastaurant

« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 11:20:58 PM by puddin »

Offline Julz

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #316 on: May 14, 2008, 08:24:06 PM »
Hi Stacy,

I saw TAR teams today as well at PDX.  I drive the international buses at PDX but not today.  However, I was driving the terminal parking lot  buses today and saw a camera man /sound man  running after a very tan blond woman in a florescent green sporty outfit, backpack  and one of those TAR  clue cards (?)  in her hand just about the time  the Germany  flight  would have landed. They were getting a taxi here at PDX.  I had to keep  my  eyes on my driving  but a person in the bus said they were from The Amazing Race.

My  next  loop  around (20 minutes later),  I arrived  at the terminal  and  saw  more teams grabbing a taxi.  Fortunately  I was driving the Employee lot bus  and one of the supervisors  (who  got  on  camera & had to sign a TAR release  for TV)   confirmed that the teams  in fact were from TAR and got off the Lufthansa  flight from Germany to Portland OR.    They were headed  up to Washington state.  He also said there were only  4 teams and perhaps  the other two teams  went up via  Seattle first -  but that of course is purely  speculation.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #317 on: May 14, 2008, 08:33:55 PM »

Merging with spoilers now.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 08:40:24 PM by puddin »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #318 on: May 14, 2008, 08:36:41 PM »
Newberg is not that far from Portland.... but it's in the opposite direction from the Columbia Gorge (and airport).  hmmmmm......  :angel:
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 11:22:18 PM by puddin »

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #319 on: May 14, 2008, 08:49:34 PM »
 :yess:

Hi this is my first post here and I like the Amazing Race.  Anyway I only live 25min away in Sherwood just SW of Portland, which is near Newberg and if the TAR13 came by here this would be so amusing to me.  Maybe one of the tasks that would have took place in Newberg would involved one of the nearby wineries in the area.  I really hope so.

;)

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #320 on: May 14, 2008, 08:51:40 PM »
I was waiting to pick my boyfriend up at International arrivals around Noon today.  saw a young couple, very fit and attractive and then 2 sisters (they looked related) also young and wearing matching nike workout gear- they definitely stood out, then when a camera crew w/ tons of gear started filming them running thru the terminal, well that's when it clicked! the A.R!! i love the show and had NO idea they might be in PDX. so, my boyfriend saw them in customs and he thought they had come from Moscow before PDX.
Cool! can't wait to see it on TV.
stacy's report is totally consistent with my Europe to Portland flight studies because the incoming flight that fits is in fact LH468 FRA PDX 0945 1120. It may have been preceded by LH3189  Moscow-domodorow FRA 0705 0825. I am going to check out some things about flights from Kazakhstan into Moscow(I already know that there are daily flights) to see how those would fit. It could work and beyond that it could be what they actually did.

Moved over from another thread:

My  next  loop  around (20 minutes later),  I arrived  at the terminal  and  saw  more teams grabbing a taxi.  Fortunately  I was driving the Employee lot bus  and one of the supervisors  (who  got  on  camera & had to sign a TAR release  for TV)   confirmed that the teams  in fact were from TAR and got off the Lufthansa  flight from Germany to Portland OR.    They were headed  up to Washington state.  He also said there were only  4 teams and perhaps  the other two teams  went up via  Seattle first -  but that of course is purely  speculation.

So apskip's notions fit the bill for teams going from FRA to PDX.  The question is where did they come from before arriving at FRA and was this just a connection or did teams do a task in Germany?

Offline pdxskiier

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #321 on: May 14, 2008, 11:48:48 PM »
Pittock Mansion in the West hills of Portland ended up being the final location (for today).   The WRP crew vans and trucks kept leaving downtown one by one....  It just seemed a bit strange so... I followed.   Just as the sun set on a fantastic day, all of the WRP all arrived. By 8:30pm the final segment (for today) had been shot!  Too much security, could not get into this public park.

pittockmansion.com

3229 NW Pittock Dr Portland, OR 97210. 

Tomorrow is the last day for the parking permits on the MRP rigs.... 

« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 11:57:42 PM by pdxskiier »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #322 on: May 15, 2008, 12:02:16 AM »
I want to sort of say "yeah we already knew that" ;)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #323 on: May 15, 2008, 12:15:36 AM »
pdxskiier, your information is partially correct only...

As I stated yesterday, RFF had the final location but due to concerns about race security we chose not to post the information at that time.

But at this point, since it was reported elsewhere, and because I am sure the race is over,  I will confirm that the Finale Site was the Pittock Mansion.

See Map HERE.

I do not agree with your times however, as I do not believe that WRP "arrived at sunset". According to my information, the first team had completed the race well before then... ;)

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #324 on: May 15, 2008, 12:15:50 AM »
Yes we did!   :tup:

Especially Peach

We were just not saying it so that WRP could finsih our favorite show in relative peace.