Author Topic: The Amazing Race 13 *Spoilers Only!* (spoiler summary page 1)  (Read 664901 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: The Amazing Race 13 *Spoilers Only!* (spoiler summary page 1)
« Reply #275 on: May 14, 2008, 01:27:31 PM »
Awesome quetranza, thanks for doing this for us and being our eyes! :<3

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #276 on: May 14, 2008, 01:36:10 PM »
Gus:   "The game's afoot"    :lol:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #277 on: May 14, 2008, 01:46:17 PM »
Gus:   "The game's afoot"    :lol:
  :lol:  :yess:

I meant to thank everyone else :ty

:popcorn: waits for quetranza to return

Offline quetranza

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #278 on: May 14, 2008, 03:38:36 PM »
Well, I went down there again to check out the scene.  Parked my car & lo and behold, what do I see but two people driving away in one of the minivans from the closed off lot.  Jumped back in the car to follow it - they drove down to 2nd av. and are parked in front of voodoo donut.  I bet they have or will have a shoot there - it's a weird Portland thing.  Two people waiting in the car.  Wish they would leave so I could follow them some more..

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #279 on: May 14, 2008, 03:43:32 PM »
Well, I went down there again to check out the scene.  Parked my car & lo and behold, what do I see but two people driving away in one of the minivans from the closed off lot.  Jumped back in the car to follow it - they drove down to 2nd av. and are parked in front of voodoo donut.  I bet they have or will have a shoot there - it's a weird Portland thing.  Two people waiting in the car.  Wish they would leave so I could follow them some more..
Maybe you can go in and ask them for directions or something, lol

Offline quetranza

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #280 on: May 14, 2008, 04:22:09 PM »
Well, sorry peeps, I had to come back to work.. After about half an hour of waiting, I walked by the van and it is a couple PAs waiting for something.  Literally doing a crossword.  I did see a conversation they had with what looked like the manager of Voodoo Donut.  I went in there to get me a donut and asked the clerk when the Amazing Race was going to be there.  He gave me a blank stare - so maybe the staff doesn't know about it, or has been instructed to not answer.  Maybe they are just getting donuts for the crew.. who knows.  Now I'm back to paying the mortgage.  Looking forward to seeing Portland on the AR!

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #281 on: May 14, 2008, 04:28:32 PM »
Well, sorry peeps, I had to come back to work.. After about half an hour of waiting, I walked by the van and it is a couple PAs waiting for something.  Literally doing a crossword.  I did see a conversation they had with what looked like the manager of Voodoo Donut.  I went in there to get me a donut and asked the clerk when the Amazing Race was going to be there.  He gave me a blank stare - so maybe the staff doesn't know about it, or has been instructed to not answer.  Maybe they are just getting donuts for the crew.. who knows.  Now I'm back to paying the mortgage.  Looking forward to seeing Portland on the AR!

Maybe quetranza can visit the gift shop at voodoo doughnut....   :snicker:   interesting selection...    :funny:  :angel:
http://shop.voodoodoughnut.com/category.sc?categoryId=4

Offline quetranza

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #282 on: May 14, 2008, 04:40:08 PM »

Maybe quetranza can visit the gift shop at voodoo doughnut....   :snicker:   interesting selection...    :funny:  :angel:
http://shop.voodoodoughnut.com/category.sc?categoryId=4
[/quote]

I'm surprised they're not edible..

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #283 on: May 14, 2008, 04:40:21 PM »
So tell us quetranza  ..do you own a pair of Voodoo Donut panties? If not I'll "fund" you a pair, afterall we owe you one.  :lol:

Want to see how desperate I am for a sighting? I see the sun has finally peeked out .. :spy:

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #284 on: May 14, 2008, 04:43:47 PM »
So tell us quetranza  ..do you own a pair of Voodoo Donut panties? If not I'll "fund" you a pair, afterall we owe you one.  :lol:

Want to see how desperate I am for a sighting? I see the sun has finally peeked out .. :spy:

like watching the proverbial paint dry ???

Offline sammyk

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #285 on: May 14, 2008, 04:44:21 PM »
They are in Portland today.  I was on 5th and Salmon outside my office and two different sets of couples ran by (guy/girl and girl/girl) with a camerman and soundman each.  It looked too like Amazing Race not to be.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 14, 2008, 04:45:46 PM »
They are in Portland today.  I was on 5th and Salmon outside my office and two different sets of couples ran by (guy/girl and girl/girl) with a camerman and soundman each.  It looked too like Amazing Race not to be.

:ascared
girl/girl ?!?

omg *refrains from saying anything*

welcome to the site sammyk! thanks for sharing if it's true

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #287 on: May 14, 2008, 04:47:00 PM »
 :js:  Speaking of interesting places to go in Portland...  looks like they are all near each other...

http://www.rosegardenstore.org/wa_park_map3.pdf

This should make our "Map Lady" happy....  ;)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #288 on: May 14, 2008, 04:52:33 PM »
They are in Portland today.  I was on 5th and Salmon outside my office and two different sets of couples ran by (guy/girl and girl/girl) with a camerman and soundman each.  It looked too like Amazing Race not to be.

girl/girl ?!?

Remember there are decoys Michael, don't get too excited. ( Azaria & Hendeka, The Goths, Jen & Nathan for example)

How long ago sammyk ?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 04:57:30 PM by puddin »

Offline pdxskiier

• RFF Newbie
Just followed to racers to Voodoo Doughnuts in Portland
« Reply #289 on: May 14, 2008, 05:01:41 PM »

I just ran down the street in Portland following two girls and the camera crew.
The went to voodoo doughnuts (for a clue I think)   Police talked to producers because fans were running after the racers.
They thought someone was running out on a meal bill...  the team got into the van and drove off.

I think the final is tomorrow am

Offline sammyk

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #290 on: May 14, 2008, 05:14:16 PM »

girl/girl ?!?

Remember there are decoys Michael, don't get too excited. ( Azaria & Hendeka, The Goths, Jen & Nathan for example)

How long ago sammyk ?

I know, girl/girl was stupid.....I was a little excited about the siting.  I saw them about 1:55pm running North.  But, I did notice they looked awfully rested, not frazzled at all....maybe decoys.
sammyk

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #291 on: May 14, 2008, 05:14:22 PM »
The went to voodoo doughnuts (for a clue I think)   Police talked to producers because fans were running after the racers.
They thought someone was running out on a meal bill...  the team got into the van and drove off.

This is recipe for a Decoy operation.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #292 on: May 14, 2008, 05:15:12 PM »
That is what the vans are for!!   :funny:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #293 on: May 14, 2008, 05:46:59 PM »
Do any of you that saw what looks like teams have descriptions? hair colors? clothing? something? what sort of donuts ...   :lol: ?

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #294 on: May 14, 2008, 06:10:46 PM »
I do not wish to divert attention from Portland but I have BIG NEWS from my brother-in-law Ray who works at the Auckland International Airport as reported by my sister who is a big Amazing Race fan after I asked about May 2:

I just checked with Ray and he said the Amazing Race team did arrive in Auckland, went into the city for the day and came back to the airport late that evening and departed.  He told me he saw Phil Keogan the kiwi who fronts the show waiting for the competitors.

This fits perfectly with my theory that teams would do a REST DAY or in this case from 0355 until late evening. Here's the kicker:

There won't be any layover in Sydney because there is a nonstop flight SQ282 leaving AKL 2355 arriving SIN at 0645 after a 10 hour 50 minute flight. This had to be the flight AR13 teams took out of Auckland. There isn't any other except to wait for good old LAN801 to come through on May 3 and depart at 0525 for Sydney. This puts teams in Singapore and able to catch SQ972 from SIN to BKK 1030 1155. Now teams can get PG913 1510 1630 BKK REP and arrive Angkor Wat late afternoon.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 06:39:48 PM by apskip »

Offline quetranza

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: Just followed to racers to Voodoo Doughnuts in Portland
« Reply #295 on: May 14, 2008, 06:28:15 PM »

I think the final is tomorrow am

I knew it!!!  Damn, should have waited for them!  Who needs a job anyway... :pull

Offline stacy

• RFF Newbie
Saw 2 teams at PDX this a.m.
« Reply #296 on: May 14, 2008, 06:39:02 PM »
I was waiting to pick my boyfriend up at International arrivals around Noon today.  saw a young couple, very fit and attractive and then 2 sisters (they looked related) also young and wearing matching nike workout gear- they definitely stood out, then when a camera crew w/ tons of gear started filming them running thru the terminal, well that's when it clicked! the A.R!! i love the show and had NO idea they might be in PDX. so, my boyfriend saw them in customs and he thought they had come from Moscow before PDX.
Cool! can't wait to see it on TV.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Saw 2 teams at PDX this a.m.
« Reply #297 on: May 14, 2008, 06:47:12 PM »
Can you recognize them from any of these pictures stacy? they are thumbnails, just click them to make them larger :)

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,15372.msg298822.html#msg298822

« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 08:34:31 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #298 on: May 14, 2008, 06:54:03 PM »
I do not wish to divert attention from Portland but I have BIG NEWS from my brother-in-law Ray who works at the Auckland International Airport as reported by my sister who is a big Amazing Race fan after I asked about May 2:

I just checked with Ray and he said the Amazing Race team did arrive in Auckland, went into the city for the day and came back to the airport late that evening and departed.  He told me he saw Phil Keogan the kiwi who fronts the show waiting for the competitors.

This fits perfectly with my theory that teams would do a REST DAY or in this case from 0355 until late evening. Here's the kicker:

There won't be any layover in Sydney because there is a nonstop flight SQ282 leaving AKL 2355 arriving SIN at 0645 after a 10 hour 50 minute flight. This had to be the flight AR13 teams took out of Auckland. There isn't any other except to wait for good old LAN801 to come through on May 3 and depart at 0525 for Sydney. This puts teams in Singapore and able to catch SQ972 from SIN to BKK 1030 1155. Now teams can get PG913 1510 1630 BKK REP and arrive Angkor Wat late afternoon.
Great news apskips! what time late afternoon?

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Saw 2 teams at PDX this a.m.
« Reply #299 on: May 14, 2008, 06:55:46 PM »
I was waiting to pick my boyfriend up at International arrivals around Noon today.  saw a young couple, very fit and attractive and then 2 sisters (they looked related) also young and wearing matching nike workout gear- they definitely stood out, then when a camera crew w/ tons of gear started filming them running thru the terminal, well that's when it clicked! the A.R!! i love the show and had NO idea they might be in PDX. so, my boyfriend saw them in customs and he thought they had come from Moscow before PDX.
Cool! can't wait to see it on TV.
stacy's report is totally consistent with my Europe to Portland flight studies because the incoming flight that fits is in fact LH468 FRA PDX 0945 1120. It may have been preceded by LH3189  Moscow-domodedorov FRA 0705 0825. I am going to check out some things about flights from Kazakhstan into Moscow(I already know that there are daily flights) to see how those would fit. It could work and beyond that it could be what they actually did.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 08:55:24 AM by apskip »