Author Topic: The Amazing Race 13 *Spoilers Only!* (spoiler summary page 1)  (Read 664904 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: The Amazing Race 13 *Spoilers Only!* (spoiler summary page 1)
« Reply #175 on: May 09, 2008, 12:58:24 AM »
Seeing that brings a smile to my face...

Oh, and just for kicks... 11.05am?

Your close Neobie, from Slowhatch's book of school :) DateTime : 2008:05:04 11:46:48

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #176 on: May 09, 2008, 01:46:03 AM »
The blogger said 6, but I count 7 flags there (the flags on each end are almost hidden--compare my arrows below to the original). Doesn't production often hire one extra vehicle/animal/etc. for tasks?

« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 04:30:33 PM by puddin »

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #177 on: May 09, 2008, 02:29:46 AM »
The blogger said 6, but I count 7 flags there (the flags on each end are almost hidden--compare my arrows below to the original). Doesn't production often hire one extra vehicle/animal/etc. for tasks?

If the person in the dark top/white pants is touching the last flag (pinning it on the boat maybe?) then I agree there are 7 flags there.

I think an extra vehicle is sometimes on standby for breakdowns etc, but it doesn't always happen. :duno:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #178 on: May 09, 2008, 11:19:57 AM »
Good eye Slowhatch. 

Boat numbers with TAR flags:

A*U 2-5591
A*U 2-5538
A*U 2-5692
A*U 2-5744
A*U 2-5536
A*U 2-5745
A*U 2-5722

Seven boats.  And the red and blue flags on the boats is the Cambodian flag
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #179 on: May 09, 2008, 11:26:36 AM »
Thanks Slowhatch and Chateau!

Let's see if we can put the teams in order in Cambodia...

Chateau said here:
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,15356.msg300230.html#msg300230

that this pic was "high noon".

And we know from Chrisrae that the AA couple were seen at about 2:30 to 3 loading the baskets/on the truck. So they may already have been to Ankgor Wat for the clue--or is that after?

And some new info:

The photographer of this fellow

has sent the following info:

As far as your questions, the guy was by himself, though there was also a blond girl w a green shirt (not the one you see in the picture, she is from my group) and a white baseball hat also looking for whatever. I have no idea what exactly they were looking for, and the day I saw them was Sunday May 4, I think late AM my time. We are, I believe, 11 hours ahead of EST.

So both blue shirt guy and a blonde were there about the same time, although we think from the airport pics that blue shirt guy is actually partnered with a dark haired girl...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #180 on: May 09, 2008, 11:36:39 AM »
Good eye Slowhatch. 

Boat numbers with TAR flags:

A*U 2-5591
A*U 2-5538
A*U 2-5692
A*U 2-5744
A*U 2-5536
A*U 2-5745
A*U 2-5722

Seven boats.  And the red and blue flags on the boats is the Cambodian flag

TPTB almost always have one more vehicle of any kind (car, bike, boat, etc.) than there are teams.  So our estimate of six teams holds true with one extra boat standing by.

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #181 on: May 09, 2008, 05:29:48 PM »

So both blue shirt guy and a blonde were there about the same time, although we think from the airport pics that blue shirt guy is actually partnered with a dark haired girl...

That picture of the guy in blue might quite possibly be of the roadblock then - that's the best chance of seeing members of different teams without their partners

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #182 on: May 09, 2008, 05:35:59 PM »
Well we know Angkor Wat is where the Roadblock is per the girl with the reddish/blond hair holding the red clue.

........and thanks Slowhatch :)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #183 on: May 09, 2008, 11:39:31 PM »
I'm not sure where to stick this  :lol:, winners win a trip?

Winners of Amazing Race wins stay in the Intercontinental River 29/April/2008

Winners of reality American show commemorate in the Carioca Carnival Winners of American reality carnival show celebrating the Reality show Amazing Race 13 starts to be recorded this month for the American net of TV CBS. The reality show Amazing Race 13 begins you be recorded this month by the American TV network CBS. In the end of this season, the winners, besides taking U$ 1 million, still gain of the Intercontinental Hotel River, in Are Conrado, seven nights in a suíte of luxury, in the next Carioca Carnival, with right the stroll and diving in the Archipelago of the Cagarras. At the end of this season, the winners, and bring $ 1 million, still win the Intercontinental Hotel River, in Is Conrado, seven nights in the carnival suite of luxury in the next, with the right you walk and diving in the archipelago of Cagarras.

Rio De Janeiro already was scene for one of the stages of the second season of the program, in 2002. The Rio De Janeiro has been setting the stage will be second season of the programme in 2002. To guarantee the prizes, the 11 participant pairs give the return to the world, fulfilled the most varied tasks. You ensure the awards, double the 11 participants you give back you the world, met the most varied task. The episodes will be transmitted in as the semester, in the United States. The episodes will be transmitted in the second half, the United States. In Brazil, the program is shown by the canal of TV for signature AXN. In Brazil, the programme is shown by the channel, AXN Wire TV. The American series already took five Emmy trophies in the Reality category Show. The series has already led five U.S. trophies Emmy in the category Reality Television.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #184 on: May 09, 2008, 11:51:53 PM »
Sounds like a Pit Stop prize? Maybe on the Brazil leg? Or a prize for the winners? We need our translator again! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #185 on: May 10, 2008, 12:04:35 AM »
The date of the release is what I find interesting seeing as they were MIA on the  29th  (:;)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #186 on: May 10, 2008, 12:44:23 AM »
Santa Cruz to Buenos Aires
Tuesday 29th April :yess:

Today we spent most of the day trying to get to Buenos Aires. Our flight was supposed to be at 1045, but on the way to the airport at 0900 - it started raining........and then came the thunder and lightning, and before we knew it we were in the midst of a pretty good storm. Oh well, nothing to do but sit and wait it out. Now, airports are not on my list of favourite places to be stuck at the best of times, and unfortunately Santa Cruz airport is fairly small, and thus lacks the distractions of copious amounts of duty free shopping, so we got very bored, very quickly, and basically sat reading our books for the next couple of hours - apart from when we saw Phil Keoghan (of Amazing Race fame) waiting for a plane too - now we are wondering if the Amazing Race was in town - that would be cool!
We finally took off at 1245, during a gap in the storm, and landed in BA at 1715. Flying over Argentina was completely different to many of the other places we have flown - for a start it was pretty flat. The agriculture also looked a lot more organised/westernised. It definitely looks more like a first world country. We are staying tonight at El Hostal de Granados in Sam Telmo (the artists/antiques barrio in BA) before flying to Puerto Iguazu in the morning. We had dinner at El Desnivel which is a Paradilla (Grill) Restaurant, where they serve huge chunks of steak which have been cooked over a wood-fired grill. Paradilla and red wine are the food that Argentina is famous for, so of course we had to partake in both. The atmosphere of the restaurant was pretty cool, very relaxed and laid-back, but still excellent service. The servings were huge, and the whole meal only cost us A$81 = NZ$32.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #187 on: May 10, 2008, 01:02:40 AM »
From the blog peach and I have determined .. Santa Cruz, Bolivia :yess:

Viru Viru International Airport (VVI) Santa Cruz, Bolivia

« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 04:31:56 PM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #188 on: May 10, 2008, 01:16:46 AM »
You guys are so good!   :jam:

So Phil was bugging out early, ahead of the Teams who, we know, pass through Santiago the next day.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #189 on: May 10, 2008, 01:20:40 AM »
So maybe extended pitstop there or why would Phil be leaving early?

And there is another airport too 12 miles away:El Trompillo Airport, Santa Cruz (SRZ), 19km (12mi)

Only American and Varig seem to fly out of VVI
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #190 on: May 10, 2008, 01:25:52 AM »
Hi Chateau! :waves:

Glad you are here to help!

From Apskip's latest timeline:

4/25 - 4/30
We do not know where teams go next. It could be Fortaleza, Recife, Manaus, Brasilia, LaPaz, Santacruz, Asuncion or elsewhere. It is highly highly likely that there is a REST DAY on 4/30 in the Santiago area.

4/30
What we appear to be sure of is that teams end up at Santiago Chile airport on this evening.

Not sure if he meant Santa Cruz Argentina here or Santa cruz Bolivia? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #191 on: May 10, 2008, 01:26:53 AM »
Like Chateau said he was probably getting ahead of the teams from wherever they just finished up, like they already did they pitstop wherever and hes moving on to the next location.
 ..gosh I wish the blog had pictures *groan* how can you be from NZ and not talk to Phil?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #193 on: May 10, 2008, 01:44:20 AM »
I was just checking Travelocity for VVI.  It looks like only two flights a day from the airport.   :ascared

Choice 1:  Iquique

Choice 2:  Lima

Scratch that.  Now I 'm seeing a Miami and an Asuncion.

But still, it's slim pickin's
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 01:47:26 AM by Chateau d If »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #194 on: May 10, 2008, 01:51:11 AM »
I was just checking Travelocity for VVI.  It looks like only two flights a day from the airport.   :ascared

Choice 1:  Iquique

Choice 2:  Lima

Scratch that.  Now I 'm seeing a Miami and an Asuncion.

But still, it's slim pickin's
Viru Viru International Airport (VVI) Santa Cruz, Bolivia was my guess thanks to google  Chateau, no idea, lol. Maybe peachs's El Trompillo Airport, Santa Cruz is right?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #195 on: May 10, 2008, 02:03:53 AM »
Well, it showed up in Apskip's net (the city).  And La Paz too.  So really, the action could be both.  In one, out the other.

I think when Apskip gets his charts going we will have it nailed down.  Airwise is down so I really have little to work with.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #196 on: May 10, 2008, 02:12:32 AM »
Thank you for the help Chateau, :<3.  I'm hoping for a leg in the "Amazon". I just searched all the Portuguese language sites and all that comes up is the original skyscrapercity entry and the Carioca Carnival prize so Que sera sera for now  :waves:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #197 on: May 10, 2008, 02:21:52 AM »
Night guys! :luvu:

Darned Airwise going down right when I need it! :meow:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #198 on: May 10, 2008, 07:47:57 AM »
Hi Chateau! :waves:

Glad you are here to help!

From Apskip's latest timeline:

4/25 - 4/30
We do not know where teams go next. It could be Fortaleza, Recife, Manaus, Brasilia, LaPaz, Santacruz, Asuncion or elsewhere. It is highly highly likely that there is a REST DAY on 4/30 in the Santiago area.

4/30
What we appear to be sure of is that teams end up at Santiago Chile airport on this evening.

Not sure if he meant Santa Cruz Argentina here or Santa cruz Bolivia? ???

A prior post would clarify that I meant Bolivia. Also, the only airport worth talkling about is VVI, which is a major transit hub in South America as well as the local airport for the largest city in Bolivia(I didn't know that!). LAN Ecuador, LAN Argentina, LAN Peru, TACA, Aerosur, and American Airlines serve VVI International Airport. There are flights to Europe, the U.S. and about 30 different South American cities, which I will be listing in Timetables and Flight Information to not take up valuable space here.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 09:23:46 AM by apskip »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #199 on: May 10, 2008, 10:29:27 AM »
Hi-Fi's translation of the Winner thing: :thankyou:

LOL It only says the winners of this season will celebrate next year's caraval in Rio in the Intercontinental hotel. No spoilers or anything juicy at all. : )
RFF's Golden Rule: