Author Topic: The Amazing Race 13 *Spoilers Only!* (spoiler summary page 1)  (Read 666127 times)

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
Re: The Amazing Race 13 *Real Spoilers Only!*
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2008, 09:53:33 PM »
Lots of place to go in Brazil: Manaus, and how about Brazilia?  I know, I know anyone living in Rio wouldn't be caught dead in Brazilia!

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2008, 10:06:49 PM »

From Shacklebolt at twop,

I can't back up this info with more than this http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?p=20004968 - in portuguese - but it appears they traveled to Salvador, Brazil's third largest city, on April 24 and 25. One of the tasks was to rappel down the Elevador Lacerda, a city landmark (the white structure). The source is a local newspaper.

Hope it helps.

i babled it into english  and the first post of the thread states this
24/04/2008

The bahian capital is the scene chosen for the writings of reality American show "the Maratona", an international competition where teams cover some countries fulfilling a series of tasks. The program, that counts today on a hearing of more than 50 million people per year, already is being recorded in some of the main tourist points of Salvador. In the morning of this thursday (day 24), the competitors of reality show had had that to go down, in the style rappel, the 70 meters of the Lacerda Elevator. To carry through the test, that called the attention who passed for the place, the filming team installed a net to the long one of the elevator.

The presence of the program in the city, initiative that counts on the support of the Agency of Economic Development of Salvador (Adesa), through the project Salvador Film Commission, promises to result in an important national and international promotion for the bahian capital. For the superintendent in exercise of the Adesa, Loyal Leonel, "productions as this, besides guaranteeing income and chance of work for the technician and the local population, are an excellent card-postcard to attract new tourists and more investments for our city". In its 13ª edition and shown by net AXN of the United States, reality show will take the beautiful landscapes of Salvador for diverse parts of the world, through the closed canals of TV.

Still inside of the actions of the program, new writings are foreseen tomorrow, of this time in the Maritime Terminal of Salvador, in the Commerce. Until the moment, already they had served of location for the international production the Square of the Sé, the Inclined Plan Gonçalves, the Order Third of the San Francisco (Historical Center), the Slope of the Carmo and the staircase of the Paço.

It is not the first time that attractive the tourist ones of the city serve of scene for great televising productions. In the end of the passed year, Salvador was palco of the writings of the program Xuxa Connection, that covered points as the Lighthouse and the Port of the Bar, the Corridor of the Victory, the Square of the Campo Grande, the Market Model and the Tip of the Humaitá. The team also used as scene Fort Serrat the Mount and the Fort Is Marcelo.

Film Commission

Exactly before its official launching, the project Salvador Film Commission already offers to institucional support the audiovisuais productions, facilitating to information regarding licenses and necessary authorizations for filmings. To make possible the production of reality show "the Maratona", the Adesa intermediated, together the municipal agencies, the document release that the producer Planet Film needed for the writing of the program.

The Adesa, after the total implantation of Salvador Film Commission, will give services, such as survey of bank of images and visits the locations, qualification and cadastre of technician of the area, institucional support e, mainly, will continue working to attract new productions that can use to advantage the natural beauty and the urban historical quantity of Salvador as scene.

Fonte:Camaçari Notice

so we now know leg2
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 01:18:05 PM by puddin »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2008, 11:00:20 PM »
Thanks to Shacklebolt, Peach can start her map collection now.  :js:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2008, 11:23:16 PM »
I've run this paragraph through a couple of translators and I can't decide if it describes other TAR13 places or locations for other productions. ???
Ainda dentro das ações do programa, estão previstas novas gravações amanhã, desta vez no Terminal Marítimo de Salvador, no Comércio. Até o momento, já serviram de locação para a produção internacional a Praça da Sé, o Plano Inclinado Gonçalves, a Ordem Terceira do São Francisco (Centro Histórico), a Ladeira do Carmo e a escadaria do Paço.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2008, 11:41:39 PM »
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 02:00:03 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2008, 12:02:26 AM »
 :jumpy:

news

Quinta-feira, 24 de Abril de 2008
Reality show internacional grava especial em Salvador

Durante três dias, Salvador será o cenário do reality show americano “A Maratona”, programa produzido pela Planet Film Produções e visto por mais de 50 milhões de pessoas por ano. Trata-se de uma competição internacional de times que rodam o planeta atrás de tarefas que, quando cumpridas, indicam o próximo destino para os competidores. Ao final, a equipe que chegar na frente leva o prêmio milionário. As cenas do programa na Bahia serão feitas em diversas localidades turísticas e tradicionais de Salvador, como o Terreiro de Jesus, Praça Municipal e Comércio. A iniciativa conta com o apoio da Agência de Desenvolvimento Econômico de Salvador (Adesa), através do Projeto Salvador Film Commission.

Thursday, 24 of April of 2008 Reality international show records special in Salvador During three days, Salvador will be the scene of reality American show "the Maratona", program produced for the Planet Film Productions and visa for more than 50 million people per year. One is about an international competition of teamses who twirl the planet behind tasks that, when fulfilled, they indicate the next destination for the competitors. To the end, the team that to arrive in the front takes the prize millionaire. The scenes of the program in the Bahia will be made in diverse tourist and traditional localities of Salvador, as the Place of fetichism of Jesus, Municipal Square and Commerce. The initiative counts on the support of the Agency of Economic Development of Salvador (Adesa), through the Project Salvador Film Commission.

More!!

SALVADOR IS PALCO FOR WRITING OF REALITY INTERNATIONAL SHOW 23/04/2008 11:10:00/

During three Salvador days American show will be the scene of reality "the Maratona", program produced for the Planet Film Productions and visa for more than 50 million people per year. One is about an international competition of teamses who twirl the planet behind tasks that, when fulfilled, they indicate the next destination for the competitors. To the end, the team that arrives at the front takes the prize millionaire. In its 13ª edition and being shown for the net of open television of the United States, and in the remaining portion of the world for the closed canals, the program arrived at the Bahia with a team of filmings that it intends to record scenes with the participants fulfilling tasks in diverse tourist and traditional localities of Salvador, as the Place of fetichism of Jesus, Municipal Square and Commerce. Rafael Albuquerque

Thanks to a little trick Slowhatch taught me the little picture of what sure appears to be a team/teams is dated
DateTime : 2008:04:24 11:35:05

« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 09:28:41 AM by TexasLady »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2008, 12:57:01 AM »
Great work Puddin!  :jumpy:
Fire up Google Earth/Maps and look just to the right of the elevator and you can match the wavy patterns on the ground of Terreiro square. (street map here)

« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 09:29:30 AM by TexasLady »

Offline Hi-Fi

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2008, 01:19:44 AM »
Ainda dentro das ações do programa, estão previstas novas gravações amanhã, desta vez no Terminal Marítimo de Salvador, no Comércio. Até o momento, já serviram de locação para a produção internacional a Praça da Sé, o Plano Inclinado Gonçalves, a Ordem Terceira do São Francisco (Centro Histórico), a Ladeira do Carmo e a escadaria do Paço.

Translation (as requested by peach):
They will be filming tomorrow in the Terminal Maritimo de Salvador, in Comercio. Up until now, they already filmed in Praca da Sé, Plano Inclinado Goncalves, Ordem Tercerida de Sao Francisco (Historic center), Ladeira do Carmo and Paco's Stairways.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 01:24:00 AM by Hi-Fi »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2008, 01:50:30 AM »
gosh I leave for a few hours and you guys have dug up a second leg on TAR, There is a picture of two people climbing that rope ladder is that a team if so can we get an enlargement???
It does not help kiwi .........

« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 03:01:10 AM by puddin »

Offline Hi-Fi

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2008, 01:56:57 AM »
How did you guys find all that info?? I'm using google and it's giving me nothing! LOL

I'm trying to contact some people in Salvador to visit Elevador Lacerda and check for teams discriptions!

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2008, 02:07:34 AM »
Thanks for the translation, Hi-Fi.  :tup: So far, everything seems within walking distance.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2008, 07:40:17 AM »
I've run this paragraph through a couple of translators and I can't decide if it describes other TAR13 places or locations for other productions. ???

Slowhatch, I remember that Salvador was one of the many Brazilian locations for A Corrida Milionaria, the Brazilian version of the Amazing Race.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 01:57:07 PM by apskip »

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2008, 09:04:07 AM »
Do you think Planet Film Productions is Earthview? and its just translating that way?

planet film is another production company tar uses. they used them during tar9 leg1
heres there website http://www.filmplanet.com/site_en.htm
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 09:07:39 AM by Kogs »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: The Amazing Race 13 *Spoilers Only!*
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2008, 05:24:14 PM »
:badhorse: another writeup

ART And CULTURE Wednesday, 23 of April of 2008
Reality international show records special in Salvador Ascom

During three days, Salvador will be the scene of reality American show "the Maratona", program produced for the Planet Film Productions and visa for more than 50 million people per year. One is about an international competition of teamses who twirl the planet behind tasks that, when fulfilled, they indicate the next destination for the competitors. To the end, the team that arrives at the front takes the prize millionaire. The Agency of Economic Development of Salvador (Adesa), through the Project Salvador Film Commission, apóia this important production that results in national and international promotion of the bahian capital.

In its 13ª edition and being shown for the net of open television of the United States, and in the remaining portion of the world for the closed canals, the program arrived at the Bahia with a team of filmings that it intends to record scenes with the participants fulfilling tasks in diverse tourist and traditional localities of Salvador, as the Place of fetichism of Jesus, Municipal Square and Commerce. For the superintendent in exercise of the Adesa, Loyal Leonel, "productions as this, besides guaranteeing income and chance of work for the technician and the local population, are an excellent card-postcard to attract new tourists and new investments for our city".

Exactly before its official launching, Salvador Film Commission already offers to institucional support the audiovisuais productions, facilitating to information regarding licenses and necessary authorizations for filmings. In this production, for example, the autarchy is intermediating, together the municipal agencies, the document release that the Planet Film needs to film reality show. The Adesa, after the total implantation of Salvador Film Commission, will give services, such as survey of bank of images and visits the locations, qualification and cadastre of technician of the area, institucional support e, mainly, will continue working to attract new productions that can use to advantage

ART And CULTURE Friday, 25 of April of 2008
It records? of Reality Show it explores points tur?icos of the capital Ascom

The bahian capital is the scene chosen for the writings of reality American show "the Maratona", an international competition where teams cover some countries fulfilling a series of tasks. The program, that counts today on a hearing of more than 50 million people per year, already is being recorded in some of the main tourist points of Salvador. In the morning of this thursday (day 24), the competitors of reality show had had that to go down, in the style rappel, the 70 meters of the Lacerda Elevator. To carry through the test, that called the attention who passed for the place, the filming team installed a net to the long one of the elevator.

The presence of the program in the city, initiative that counts on the support of the Agency of Economic Development of Salvador (Adesa), through the project Salvador Film Commission, promises to result in an important national and international promotion for the bahian capital. For the superintendent in exercise of the Adesa, Loyal Leonel, "productions as this, besides guaranteeing income and chance of work for the technician and the local population, are an excellent card-postcard to attract new tourists and more investments for our city". In its 13ª edition and shown by net AXN of the United States, reality show will take the beautiful landscapes of Salvador for diverse parts of the world, through the closed canals of TV.

Still inside of the actions of the program, new writings are foreseen tomorrow, of this time in the Maritime Terminal of Salvador, in the Commerce. Until the moment, already they had served of location for the international production the Square of the Sé, the Inclined Plan Gonçalves, the Order Third of the San Francisco (Historical Center), the Slope of the Carmo and the staircase of the Paço.

It is not the first time that attractive the tourist ones of the city serve of scene for great televising productions. In the end of the passed year, Salvador was palco of the writings of the program Xuxa Connection, that covered points as the Lighthouse and the Port of the Bar, the Corridor of the Victory, the Square of the Campo Grande, the Market Model and the Tip of the Humaitá. The team also used as scene Fort Serrat the Mount and the Fort Is Marcelo.

Film Commission

Exactly before its official launching, the project Salvador Film Commission already offers to institucional support the audiovisuais productions, facilitating to information regarding licenses and necessary authorizations for filmings. To make possible the production of reality show "the Maratona", the Adesa intermediated, together the municipal agencies, the document release that the producer Planet Film needed for the writing of the program.

The Adesa, after the total implantation of Salvador Film Commission, will give services, such as survey of bank of images and visits the locations, qualification and cadastre of technician of the area, institucional support e, mainly, will continue working to attract new productions that can use to advantage the natural beauty and the urban historical quantity of Salvador as scene.

source
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 05:39:24 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2008, 07:19:09 PM »
Its always fun to see the behind the scenes prepping Uploaded April 25th but I think its from the 22nd, it mirrors this album.

From the April 22 Album

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2008, 07:29:55 PM »
Just for kicks ..... taken on April 21st ?

« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 10:57:09 PM by puddin »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2008, 07:55:15 PM »
Thanks, Puddin.   :jam: One says the 21st, one the 23rd, and one the 25th: but the guy in the red helmet (Branament?) hasn't moved an inch.  :lol:
Maybe the single lines went down first as support or guide lines for the cargo net.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 04:20:08 PM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2008, 10:51:33 PM »
per raceguy at TWOP:

Could they already be in Melbourne?

Reference is VERY vague...but here you go!

Just got off the phone with a friend of mine. Apparently - though I can't prove one way or the other because they don't have a camera and I'm stuck at uni - there's a flag on top of an office building on Elizabeth Street right now. The only likely task, if any, would be one of those 'look out the window and find a flag' deals. I'm thinking there's also a cluebox set up right now on the Rialto Towers Observation Deck, which would make sense because there's a new tower with a higher observation deck, and this gets fewer spoilerhunters like myself.

Firstly, crappy task, even if it's one I just speculated about, and secondly, evil making them visit Melbourne in the middle of a cold snap - currently it's around 1:20pm local time, and temperature is 10.2 degrees Celsius. [Americans, that's just a tiny fraction over 50 degrees Fahrenheit by my count - and yes, that is a cold snap by local standards.] Still, both Sydney and Cairns (and Darwin too?) were rainy when TAR came, so I suppose I shouldn't complain.

http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=3160509&view=findpost&p=10202932
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Hi-Fi

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2008, 10:58:34 PM »
Could it be the Melbourne Amazing Race, peach?

http://www.onlymelbourne.com.au/melbourne_details.php?id=13046

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2008, 11:18:19 PM »
Could it be the Melbourne Amazing Race, peach?

http://www.onlymelbourne.com.au/melbourne_details.php?id=13046
"The 3rd public Great Melbourne Pursuit is coming to Melbourne on the 4th October 2008.

I would laugh if apskips was right again  :lol:

Note to Melbourne, in the future, better webcams please.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 02:52:17 AM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2008, 11:28:35 PM »
I agree about the local Melbourne races--dates don't look right--I also track corporate stuff and don't recall anything ongoing in Melbourne just now. But to be safe, I already emailed the organizers to ask if anything they are running could fit that description. Also know raceguy so am asking for more detailed info...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2008, 11:36:25 PM »
more from raceguy...

I don't know about the building, his phone cut out at precisely the wrong
moment. I've been trying to get a hold of him since I posted for more, but...
yeah.

But he did tell me it was a 'gold and red flag like that show you obsess about'.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2008, 12:30:37 AM »
more from raceguy...

I don't know about the building, his phone cut out at precisely the wrong
moment. I've been trying to get a hold of him since I posted for more, but...
yeah.

But he did tell me it was a 'gold and red flag like that show you obsess about'.

he's edited his post to add
ETA: He's the sort of person who would play a trick on me like this, so there's about a 50% chance he's sitting at home laughing his frozen arse off at me right now.
so I guess we have to sit tight and wait to see if anyone else can confirm or deny the sighting...

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2008, 02:55:16 AM »
Thanks, Puddin.   :jam: One says the 21st, one the 23rd, and one the 25th: but the guy in the red helmet (Branament?) hasn't moved an inch.  :lol:
Maybe the single lines went down first as support or guide lines for the cargo net.
From the Slowhatch book of school of course, I learned from the best :)

fwiw~Season 9 they used Alaya
Our team meets its request with the agility with agility specifies its sector of events anywhere in Brazil with the confidence that any organiser of events accurately.

Offline lucas.cgc

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2008, 08:30:04 AM »
Maybe is a little late to say that, but I live here in Salvador, and I saw them on the elevator, but I was just passing by, I just don't realized that they are from The Amazing Race. In that moment, a couple were on the top and another one in the middle of the way. Beyond that, I'm not helpful...