Author Topic: The Amazing Race 13 *Spoilers Only!* (spoiler summary page 1)  (Read 664898 times)

Offline TaRBoY

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: The Amazing Race 13 *Spoilers Only!* (spoiler summary page 1)
« Reply #150 on: May 08, 2008, 04:18:41 AM »
Hi RFF! I have some spoilers for yah..  :waves:

My co-forummer on another site (http://entermyworld.heavenforum.com/spoilers-corner-f1/tar-13-spoilers-t211.htm) found this blog.
Credits to JonLover

http://aravenazavaleta.blogspot.com/2008/05/amazing-race-in-dubai.html

Thursday, May 8, 2008
Amazing Race in Dubai

Oh my goodness. I think I've just heard the most frustrating news in my life.

I am a big fan of reality shows especially the Amazing Race. Though I only watched few seasons, I can say the show is great.

Hindi ko inaasahan ang aking narinig kagabi, as in kagabi talaga. My high school friend who is also in Dubai paid me a visit in my flat. So kailangan ko talaga mag-order ng tequila ng palihim since bawal sa Arab countries.

While we were having shots of tequila, medyo tipsy na at ala-una na yata ng umaga (eh, may pasok pa kami kinabukasan) naalala niya na hilig ko manood nga ng Amazing Race.

Then he began telling a story he heard from his friends who are working as ground stewards sa Dubai International Airport 2. My God.....I have been dreaming na makita ko rin sila while filming at dumating na nga sila sa area namin eh hindi ko pa rin sila nakita. So sabi ko that is the most frustrating news I've heard that day.

Sana, nakita ko mga contestants ng Amazing Race. So I eagerly asked and grilled him.

May nakita raw ang friend niya na mga camera crew, may hawak ng camera at saka malaking mikropono, tapos may mga dalang malalaking back packs. May hinahabol daw silang mga grupo na parang nag-uunahan din. Akala niya daw kasi may gulo o di kaya shooting ng isang international movie pero nang magtanong siya sa mga kasamahan niya sa loob ng Duty Free, nalaman niya na mga members daw ng isang Travel and Documentary show. Pero suspetsa nila ay contestants sila ng Amazing Race dahil bakit daw sila nag-uunahan pagkalabas ng eroplano papuntang Customs.

Waaaaa, sabi ko, bakit hindi ako ang nakakita sa kanila. Definitely nakipag-unahan din ako sa kanila makunan lang sila ng litrato. At least kapag maipalabas na sa TV masasabi ko na "I was there" "I was there". LOL

Well, that is life. Kung ano yung gusto mo ay hindi mo nakikita. Hehehe. Sayang, that is a sighting din ng mga contestants for Amazing Race and I believe it is the Season 13.

Well, sabi ko nga kailangan ko makausap iyong kaibigan niyang iyon.

Oh, kung sino pa ang addict sa show,s iya pa ang hindi nakakita.

Sigh. Sigh

I'll try to translate it for you guys later because it is written in Tagalog.
The sighting is in Dubai. :jumpy:
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 04:25:22 AM by TaRBoY »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #151 on: May 08, 2008, 05:10:58 AM »
Yippee! THANK YOU!!  :jam:

Dubai!!

See if you can get date, time of day, and descriptions of the teams for us, okay??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #152 on: May 08, 2008, 05:20:52 AM »
and just for completeness sake....as we suspected, Melbourne was apparently a ruse:

from TWoP (raceguy):

So I convinced RaceExBoyfriendRyan to take me to the building he says the flag
was on. He took me to some random coffee shop the next street over from
Elizabeth Street. Which as you'll notice from above, is not the office tower he
said it was. Apparently this was all some ruse to try and get back together with
me. (And I'm not going to get back together with that lying asshole. He should
know better than to **** with my TAR obsession.)
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #153 on: May 08, 2008, 05:23:25 AM »
and just for completeness sake....as we suspected, Melbourne was apparently a ruse:

from TWoP (raceguy):

So I convinced RaceExBoyfriendRyan to take me to the building he says the flag
was on. He took me to some random coffee shop the next street over from
Elizabeth Street. Which as you'll notice from above, is not the office tower he
said it was. Apparently this was all some ruse to try and get back together with
me. (And I'm not going to get back together with that lying asshole. He should
know better than to **** with my TAR obsession.)

figured it was a hoax

Offline sayurkangkung

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #154 on: May 08, 2008, 05:25:36 AM »
Hello i just wanna say im a newbie here, but what's that tagalog mean?
Is that saying that TAR 13 will go to Dubai?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #155 on: May 08, 2008, 05:52:01 AM »
:welcome2: to RFF, sayurkangkung!

And tagalog is a Filipino language, and we hope to know more as soon as some of our posters from the Philippines can help w/ a translation!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline yikes

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #156 on: May 08, 2008, 07:59:58 AM »
So now they're starting SOUTH then heading WEST?!  Man this is going to make TAR10 look like a walk in the park.

Not thrilled with going to India (again) but yay for New Zealand.

:sucks

Offline chris_oclc

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • suckeisha sucks
« Reply #157 on: May 08, 2008, 08:15:51 AM »
hey guys, im chris im a filipino & i can translate the passage there for all of u,

hope u dont mind TaRBoy, me doing this..

hope it helps.. (btw, ive been monitoring this spoilers so im thrilled with this)

here it goes:

Paragraph 3: I didnt expect the news that i heard last night. My high school friend who is also in Dubai paid me a visit in my flat. So i really need to order tequilla since its not allowed in arab countries

Paragraph 4: While we were having shots of tequila, im a li'l tipsy and its one in the morning already (eh, we still have work/school?? tomorrow)

Paragraph 5: Then he began telling a story he heard from his friends who are working as ground stewards sa Dubai International Airport 2. My God.....I have been hoping to see them too while filming and they did arrive at our area and i still didnt see them. So i said that is the most frustrating news I've heard that day

Paragraph 6: I wished i have seen the contestants of the Amazing Race too. So I eagerly asked and grilled him.

Paragraph 7: My friend saw a camera crew, they were holding a camera and a big microphone and they have big backpacks as well. They were chasing a group that seems to be chasing another group as well. he thought there were some trouble or an international movie shooting so he asked his friend in duty free, he learned that it were members of a travel and documentary show. But they suspect that it were tema from AR because they were rushing through customs

Paragraph 8: Waaaaa, i cried, why didnt i see them too. Definitely i would be first to take photos of them as well. At least it it were shown on tv i could say, iwas there, i was there too". LOL

Well, that is life. What you want to see is the thing you miss seeing. Hehehe. What a disapointment, that is also a sighting for amazing race contestants and I believe it is the Season 13.

Well, i siad i really need to speak to his friend who seen it

Oh,the person who's not an AR addict was the one to witness it.

Sigh. Sigh

Hope that helps.. as u see there's no contestants description but at least there are sightings! :yess: :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy:
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 08:22:16 AM by chris_oclc »
cigi

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #158 on: May 08, 2008, 08:35:20 AM »
My brother-in-law lives in Dubai let me check in with him...

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #159 on: May 08, 2008, 08:55:17 AM »
Thanks TaRBoY and chris_oclc!

Wow, they must really have sped through India!

They arrive in Delhi earliest Tuesday evening, and they're spotted in Dubai in time for a Wednesday night drinking session? If this is legit (I have my reservations) this has to be another Indian TBC! (A non-stop flight takes slightly under 2 hours taking into account time-zone differences.)

Oh, BTW, Terminal 2 narrows it down to Air India. Many flights a day, mostly connecting through Mumbai.

(AYL map moved downthread...)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 06:53:42 AM by Neobie »

Offline Sharinelle

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #160 on: May 08, 2008, 09:15:17 AM »
I am new here. I have a regular reader of this site but when I read the translation of chris, (no offense chris), I decided to register since I think the translation is not accurate. There are use of wrong English words that gave different meaning to the original text. I will try to ask someone translate it bette.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #161 on: May 08, 2008, 09:43:54 AM »
Neobie, the quickest flight combination between Delhi and Dubai(see Tiimetables and Flight Information thread) is 6.5 hours. There is a 1.5 hour time diffference between the two (India is strange and on the half-hour). The flights take an "apparent"  5 hours, but add in the time zone difference and yoou have a minimum of 6.5 hours for the one best flight. The next best is an apparent 5 3/4 hours (real 7 1/4) and after that it goes up sharply even though I did not show them.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 01:16:25 PM by apskip »

Offline patlini

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #162 on: May 08, 2008, 09:58:21 AM »
lol - my mother-in-law just flew back to england from dubai tuesday night

hubby is asking her if she saw any camera's in the airport.

Offline TaRBoY

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #163 on: May 08, 2008, 10:21:16 AM »
Hi RFF! I have some spoilers for yah..  :waves:

My co-forummer on another site (http://entermyworld.heavenforum.com/spoilers-corner-f1/tar-13-spoilers-t211.htm) found this blog.
Credits to JonLover

http://aravenazavaleta.blogspot.com/2008/05/amazing-race-in-dubai.html

Thursday, May 8, 2008
Amazing Race in Dubai

Oh my goodness. I think I've just heard the most frustrating news in my life.

I am a big fan of reality shows especially the Amazing Race. Though I only watched few seasons, I can say the show is great.

Hindi ko inaasahan ang aking narinig kagabi, as in kagabi talaga. My high school friend who is also in Dubai paid me a visit in my flat. So kailangan ko talaga mag-order ng tequila ng palihim since bawal sa Arab countries.

While we were having shots of tequila, medyo tipsy na at ala-una na yata ng umaga (eh, may pasok pa kami kinabukasan) naalala niya na hilig ko manood nga ng Amazing Race.

Then he began telling a story he heard from his friends who are working as ground stewards sa Dubai International Airport 2. My God.....I have been dreaming na makita ko rin sila while filming at dumating na nga sila sa area namin eh hindi ko pa rin sila nakita. So sabi ko that is the most frustrating news I've heard that day.

Sana, nakita ko mga contestants ng Amazing Race. So I eagerly asked and grilled him.

May nakita raw ang friend niya na mga camera crew, may hawak ng camera at saka malaking mikropono, tapos may mga dalang malalaking back packs. May hinahabol daw silang mga grupo na parang nag-uunahan din. Akala niya daw kasi may gulo o di kaya shooting ng isang international movie pero nang magtanong siya sa mga kasamahan niya sa loob ng Duty Free, nalaman niya na mga members daw ng isang Travel and Documentary show. Pero suspetsa nila ay contestants sila ng Amazing Race dahil bakit daw sila nag-uunahan pagkalabas ng eroplano papuntang Customs.

Waaaaa, sabi ko, bakit hindi ako ang nakakita sa kanila. Definitely nakipag-unahan din ako sa kanila makunan lang sila ng litrato. At least kapag maipalabas na sa TV masasabi ko na "I was there" "I was there". LOL

Well, that is life. Kung ano yung gusto mo ay hindi mo nakikita. Hehehe. Sayang, that is a sighting din ng mga contestants for Amazing Race and I believe it is the Season 13.

Well, sabi ko nga kailangan ko makausap iyong kaibigan niyang iyon.

Oh, kung sino pa ang addict sa show,s iya pa ang hindi nakakita.

Sigh. Sigh

I'll try to translate it for you guys later because it is written in Tagalog.
The sighting is in Dubai. :jumpy:

It's okay chris.. Anyway here is my translation:

" I didn't expect the voice I heard yesterday. My high school friend who is also in Dubai paid me a visit in my flat. So I need to order tequila secretly because it is prohibited in some Arab Countries"

" While we were having shots of tequila. He is quite tipsy already and it is already one in the morning . My friend remembered that I love to watch the Amazing Race."

" Then he began telling a story. He heard from his friends who are working as ground stewards on Dubai International Airport 2."

"My friend said that his friend saw a camera crew, holding cameras and large microphones then they have large backpacks on their back. They are running after a group that is running also. He thought that there is a commotion or shooting of an international movie but when he ask a friend inside Duty Free, the friend said that they are a part of a travel and documentary show. But they suspect that they are racers of The Amazing Race because the people spotted are racing toward the customs."

I just translated the important paragraphs because the other paragraphs have no connection whatsoever with the sighting..

I hope this help you guys.... :tup:

« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 10:26:49 AM by TaRBoY »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #164 on: May 08, 2008, 10:23:01 AM »
Thank you TaRBoY & chris_oclc! Now thats the kind of spoilers I'm talking about  :jumpy:

Offline TaRBoY

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #165 on: May 08, 2008, 10:26:00 AM »
Yippee! THANK YOU!!  :jam:

Dubai!!

See if you can get date, time of day, and descriptions of the teams for us, okay??

There are no team descriptions... But i would like to clarify that the sighting is not exactly MAY 7, that is only the date that the blogger post the message..

Offline TaRBoY

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #166 on: May 08, 2008, 10:27:52 AM »
Thank you TaRBoY & chris_oclc! Now thats the kind of spoilers I'm talking about  :jumpy:

:jumpy: Thanks puddin, I'm a long time lurker here and I'm happy to help you guys in your detective works.. :tup:

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #167 on: May 08, 2008, 10:41:14 AM »
Thanks for the information, but my only concern about it is the following line:

"While we were having shots of tequila. He is quite tipsy already and it is already one in the morning."

Offline TaRBoY

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #168 on: May 08, 2008, 10:52:34 AM »
Thanks for the information, but my only concern about it is the following line:

"While we were having shots of tequila. He is quite tipsy already and it is already one in the morning."

:lol: it's the opening line in the blog entry...hehe..but that is not part of the spoiler..  :lol:

nikita

Re: The Amazing Race 13 *Spoilers Only!*
« Reply #169 on: May 08, 2008, 10:55:36 AM »

This from inside Angkor Wat. Or did we already know that? (The colour of the awnings are different, but you know what I mean...)

Phil might be using the 12-hour Pit Stop period to film the "stand-ups" for the Angkor Wat Roadblock...

Err, I know the Angkor Wat spoiler is kinda old but that building is not in the Angkor Wat or Angkor Thom complex nor do I recall seeing it.  Looks more like the temple in Siem Reap Killing Fields museum which is nearby...

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #170 on: May 08, 2008, 11:04:28 AM »
Yikes! This is the website I stole the picture from. The caption is "Vendor area. Vendors remain outside the temple complex."

If I remember correctly these are located across the moat from the Angkor Wat temple where all the tuk-tuks park, but inside the Angkor Wat complex (where you pay money to enter).

I think these are the tents on Google Earth, on the west side of Angkor Wat (I'm not 100% confident about my memory, though):
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 04:27:55 PM by puddin »

nikita

« Reply #171 on: May 08, 2008, 11:19:08 AM »
Yikes! This is the website I stole the picture from. The caption is "Vendor area. Vendors remain outside the temple complex."

If I remember correctly these are located across the moat from the Angkor Wat temple where all the tuk-tuks park, but inside the Angkor Wat complex (where you pay money to enter).

I think these are the tents on Google Earth, on the west side of Angkor Wat (I'm not 100% confident about my memory, though):

I will look at my photos I took and see if is indeed the vendor area across Angkor Watt because I do not recall seeing that building there. The vendor area is mostly tents and small restaurants and the entrance area where tickets are bought is 10 minutes away from the temples.

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #172 on: May 08, 2008, 10:20:05 PM »
A bit more detail from a new blogger on the Elevator task in Salvador (but no photos)

Link
I actually witnessed an episode of the T.V. show, The Amazing Race, being filmed right here. They had secured a huge net from the top of the elevator to the bottom, and the contestants had to crawl down it. I don't think the Brazilians watching had any idea what was going on.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #173 on: May 08, 2008, 11:45:38 PM »
Thanks for that Mrs Shrek

A new Blog

Last weekend mum and I went up to Siem Reap for a long weekend. We stayed in a great place near the Old Market and spent most of the time checking out as many temples as humanly possible, shopping in town and making the most of relaxing by the pool. We saw plenty more temples we hadn’t seen on our last trip along with the favs – Ta Phrom, Bayon and Angkor Wat. We also took a trip out to the Ruolos temples which was well worth it. Make sure you check out season 13 of the Amazing Race. We were at Angkor Wat on Sunday and found the clue box! They were filming for hours and we spent half the time stalking the contestants looking for the next clue, it was hilarious! I’m sure they’ll be spending plenty of time editing us out of the background.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 04:28:18 PM by puddin »

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #174 on: May 09, 2008, 12:09:35 AM »
Seeing that brings a smile to my face...

Oh, and just for kicks... 11.05am?

« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 04:29:10 PM by puddin »