Author Topic: Amazing Race 13 in the media  (Read 75818 times)

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Amazing Race 13 in the media
« on: March 12, 2008, 06:12:39 AM »
Keep yer eyes open, folks!

Filming's starting in April or May...

(Anyone can get their hands on BvM's passport?)

« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 12:06:33 PM by puddin »

Offline moox03

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: Amazing Race 13 in the media
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 03:59:03 PM »

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 12:11:50 PM »
moox03, I wish that your interpretation were correct. However, past experience tells me that the application means absolutely nothing except the casting department was given the green light to assemble potential cast members or teams. The only valid approval that is meaningful is a public statement from CBS saying that AR14 is green-lighted. I have yet to see that.

Offline moox03

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 08:36:58 AM »
Well as much as I know you like to be a negative Nancy, I'll say that CBS gave TAR14 the green light since the eligibility guidelines call for filming between August and October. In any case, we'll have to wait and see.

http://alpha.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race12/application/eligibility.pdf

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 10:20:08 PM »
Well as much as I know you like to be a negative Nancy, I'll say that CBS gave TAR14 the green light since the eligibility guidelines call for filming between August and October. In any case, we'll have to wait and see.

http://alpha.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race12/application/eligibility.pdf

Hey, moox03 you been reading any good CBS announcements recently? Like the one THIS WEEK about the greenlighting of AR14. See TAR14 folder on the Amazing Race Discussion thread for the details!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 10:23:28 PM by apskip »

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 07:22:42 PM »
I have been trying to ctach up on back epsiodes of 30Rock that i missed. One of them, #206, has two "terrorists" of unknown origin that are in New York City doing an audition tape for the Amazing Race, which they desperately want to be on. It's cute. Go to www.nbc.com, then click on Full Episodes, then select and click on 30 Rock. there is a strip of pages, one for each episode. the sixth from the right is #206. the Amazing Race piece starts aroudn 17 minutes in of 21:30 minutes.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 04:25:38 PM »
Michael Mckay gives a shout out to TAR13

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 05:10:01 PM »
Asides from his casting of Mactors, Michael McKay rocks!  :tup: :tup: :tup:
Just here to visit.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2008, 12:49:16 PM »
I don't agree. Michael McKay has used too many NELs to prolong ARA2. He has designed some of the most boring episodes ever. He gets excellent episodes every once in a while, but not consistently. When combined with his atrocious judgment in casting(unfortunately shared by whoever was reponsible for it in AR12), he rates no better than mediocre overall. The only public figures I know associated with Amazing Races who do excel are Phil Keoghan (who does Rock) and Elise Doganieri (she is the prime mover in excellent routes).

Offline TheScandinavianAmazingR.

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Best Survivor ever.............Ozzy
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2008, 04:46:30 PM »
Hello everybody! Anyone knows when the air date is?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2008, 05:37:23 PM »
puddin found this for us earlier: :waves:

date (day) time network episode title
9/28/08 (Su.) 8:00 PM CBS (#1301) (Projected Date)

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch.aspx?id=amazing_race&view=listings
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2008, 03:04:13 PM »
Update: The Amazing Race (13th Edition) Premiers September 28, 2008 8:00-9:00 PM

CBS ANNOUNCES 2008-2009 PREMIERE DATES

Pre-Season Launch for "Survivor: Gabon" on Thursday, Sept. 18

Monday Comedies, Including the Series Debut of "Worst Week" and the Night's Top Drama "CSI: Miami," Premiere Sept. 22

"NCIS," Freshman Drama "The Mentalist" and "Without a Trace" (On Its New Night) Premiere Tuesday, Sept. 23

CBS's New Wednesday Comedy Block of "The New Adventures of Old Christine" and Freshman "Project Gary," Along with Returning Dramas "Criminal Minds" and "CSI: NY," Premiere Sept. 24

"60 Minutes," "The Amazing Race," "Cold Case" and "The Unit,"

Premiere Sunday, Sept. 28

CBS's Friday Lineup Including "Ghost Whisperer," Freshman Drama

"The Ex List" and "Numb3rs" Return Oct. 3

"CSI" and New Drama "Eleventh Hour" Premiere Thursday, Oct. 9

CBS today announced dates for the fall premieres of its new and returning series, which include a pre-season debut for SURVIVOR: GABON and the launch of its Thursday and Friday drama series in early October.  The Network will introduce the majority of its schedule beginning Monday, Sept. 22, the official start of the 2008-2009 season.

For the seventh consecutive season, SURVIVOR: GABON, the 17th installment of the hit reality series, will debut a week prior to the formal start of the season, returning on Thursday, Sept. 18 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT).

CBS's new season rollout officially begins on Monday, Sept. 22 with the second season premiere of THE BIG BANG THEORY (8:00-8:30 PM, ET/PT), the fourth season debut of HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER (8:30-9:00 PM, ET/PT), the sixth season premiere of television's Number One comedy TWO AND A HALF MEN (9:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT), the debut of new comedy WORST WEEK (9:30-10:00 PM, ET/PT) and the seventh season premiere of CSI: MIAMI (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT), the night's Number One drama.

NCIS begins its sixth season on Tuesday, Sept. 23 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT), followed by the new drama THE MENTALIST (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) and the seventh season premiere of WITHOUT A TRACE on its new night (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT).

CBS premieres its new Wednesday comedy block on Sept. 24 with the fourth season of THE NEW ADVENTURES OF OLD CHRISTINE (8:00-8:30 PM, ET/PT)  and new comedy PROJECT GARY (8:30-9:00 PM, ET/PT), followed by the fourth season of CRIMINAL MINDS (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) and the fifth season premiere of CSI: NY (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT).

Premiering on Sunday, Sept. 28 is the 41st season of 60 MINUTES, the longest running and highest rated newsmagazine (7:00-8:00 PM, ET/PT), the 13th edition of multi-Emmy Award winning THE AMAZING RACE (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT), the sixth season of COLD CASE (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) and the fourth season premiere of THE UNIT on its new night  (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT). 

The Network's top-rated Friday lineup returns on Oct. 3 with the fourth season premiere of GHOST WHISPERER (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT), the debut of the new drama THE EX LIST (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT), followed by the fifth season premiere of NUMB3RS (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT). 

CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION returns for its ninth season on Thursday, Oct. 9 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT), followed by the premiere of freshman drama ELEVENTH HOUR (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT). 

The premieres of the Thursday and Friday night dramas have been scheduled outside of premiere week to accommodate the scheduled presidential debate on Sept. 26 and a vice presidential debate on Oct. 2.

CBS's 2008-2009 Premiere Dates

Thursday, Sept. 18

8:00-9:00 PM              SURVIVOR (17th Installment Premiere)

Monday, Sept. 22

8:00-8:30 PM              THE BIG BANG THEORY (2nd Season Premiere)

8:30-9:00 PM              HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER (4th Season Premiere)

9:00-9:30 PM              TWO AND A HALF MEN (6th Season Premiere)

9:30-10:00 PM            WORST WEEK (Series Debut)

10:00-11:00 PM          CSI: MIAMI (7th Season Premiere)

Tuesday, Sept. 23

8:00-9:00 PM              NCIS (6th Season Premiere)

9:00-10:00 PM            THE MENTALIST (Series Debut)

10:00-11:00 PM          WITHOUT A TRACE (7th Season Premiere)

Wednesday, Sept. 24

8:00-8:30 PM              THE NEW ADVENTURES OF OLD CHRISTINE

(4th Season Premiere)

8:30-9:00 PM              PROJECT GARY (Series Debut)

9:00-10:00 PM            CRIMINAL MINDS (4th Season Premiere)

10:00-11:00 PM          CSI: NY (5th Season Premiere)

Saturday, Sept. 27

8:00-9:00 PM              CRIMETIME SATURDAY

9:00-10:00 PM            CRIMETIME SATURDAY

10:00-11:00 PM          48 HOURS MYSTERY (Season Premiere)

Sunday, Sept. 28

7:00-8:00 PM              60 MINUTES (41st Season Premiere)

8:00-9:00 PM              THE AMAZING RACE (13th Edition)

9:00-10:00 PM            COLD CASE (6th Season Premiere)

10:00-11:00 PM          THE UNIT (4th Season Premiere)

Friday, Oct. 3

8:00-9:00 PM              GHOST WHISPERER (4th Season Premiere)

9:00-10:00 PM            THE EX LIST (Series Premiere)

10:00-11:00 PM          NUMB3RS (5th Season Premiere)

Thursday, Oct. 9

9:00-10:00 PM            CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION (9th Season Premiere)

10:00-11:00 PM          ELEVENTH HOUR (Series Debut)

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2008, 11:42:59 PM »
I don't agree.
I know you don't and I get that, but I like MM because he personally responded to my blog. BVM and Elise have yet to do that.  :jumpy: :jumpy:
Just here to visit.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2008, 07:12:03 AM »
We now have a new standard for "who rocks".  It is who responds to Ken's blog. What a novel approach!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 07:33:37 AM by apskip »

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2008, 10:26:34 AM »
You should know that, ap.  ;) ;) :lol: :lol:

By the way, we do have confirmation from Broadcastng & Cable magazine that the premiere for TAR13 will be Sept. 28 at 8 p.m. Nice of CBS to have a consistent timeslot for TAR for three seasons now.
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2008, 02:37:07 AM »
I'll believe it when I see it~

CBS Shows Now Available In HD on CBS.com; Intel Signs On As Exclusive Ad Launch Partner
Amit Chowdhry | Thursday July 24, 2008 
Categorized under CBS, CBS Corporation, Intel

CBS Corporation (NYSE:CBS) is launching a new service called CBS HD Gallery on CBS.com.  Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC) is the exclusive launch partner of the CBS HD Gallery.  The CBS HD Gallery will include full episodes of CSI, Survivor, How I Met Your Mother, The Amazing Race, Big Brother, and The Big Bang Theory.

“The HD Gallery represents another milestone for experiencing CBS programs online,” stated Anthony Soohoo, SVP and GM of CBS Interactive.  “We’re focused on providing the highest quality audio and video that technology allows, and we’re working with leaders across the industry, and clients like Intel, to make that objective a reality.”

“Everyone knows that the world of entertainment is quickly shifting to digital video, from the creation of original Webisodes and home videos, to streaming TV shows online and an increasing amount of high-definition programming,” stated Heather Dixon of consumer marketing at Intel. “We’re loading Intel-based laptops and PCs with a variety of HD and video technologies and blazing fast processors so consumers can enjoy a stunning online experience from innovative sites like CBS HD, on the go or in the home. In fact, the timing of the CBS HD player couldn’t be more perfectly aligned with our own introduction of Intel Centrino 2 mobile technology for notebook PCs that offers native HD support and the battery life to enjoy several CBS online shows with one charge.”

The financial details of the partnership is undisclosed.  While CBS.com has made their own platform for distributing video content, NBC and FOX is using Hulu.

source

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2008, 11:57:33 AM »
I have a feeling this is true. CBS is urging all of its shows to convert to HD and I think TAR 14 will be part of this. I know I've said in the past this won't happen anytime soon, but I heard from friends at the network that they want everything ready when the final conversion to HD occurs in February.
Just here to visit.

Offline sunnyca

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2008, 04:00:19 PM »
BVM today talking about the teams and challenges in TAR13..

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/
July 31, 2008All July Posts
Get Latest Headlines
'Amazing Race' honcho teases new season
Jul 31, 2008, 03:07 PM | by Dan Snierson

Categories: TV Biz

With the season 13 debut of CBS’ The Amazing Race looming just around the corner (okay, Sept. 28), exec producer Bertram Van Munster slipped us a few clues about the upcoming globetrot.

• The race takes 23 days, covers nearly 40,000 miles, spans five continents, and features some far-flung locales never before seen on the show, including Angkor Wat, Cambodia and La Paz, Bolivia.

• The youngest team is a tandem of two guys in their early 20s. “They’re made for television,” Van Munster says. “They’re supersmart — and they make terrible mistakes.” A pair of recent divorcees in their late 20s also vie for the million-dollar prize. “They were left with some financial debt, so they really have a motive to run around the world,” he says. And once again, expect a serving of granola — this time with a husband-wife squad of 60-something Oregon hippies. “They’re the real thing,” says Van Munster. “They come right out of the '60s. To a lot of people, it looks almost like they’re from a different planet.”

• As for the challenges, “We’ve really outdone ourselves in the department of outrageousness,”  Van Munster declares. “We have a situation in Bolivia where we have the [contestants] go down a cobblestone hill on very, very primitive bikes, and it’s just the most hilarious thing you’ve ever seen in your life. It’s a truly bone-jarring experience.” (Another must-see detour: A by-train-or-by-bus scavenger hunt in Moscow. )

• One familiar thing actually did happen on this race: The producers didn’t predict the winner. Says Van Munster, “We’ve been wrong every time, across the board.”

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2008, 04:22:45 PM »
Fantastic sunny! Thanks for posting!  :yess:  :jumpy:

Our La Paz spoiler the homemade looking bikes  :jumpy:

The Hippies!

Moscow - train-bus scavenger hunt  :jumpy: Monorail! :jumpy:

5 Continents!!

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2008, 09:06:59 PM »
Fantastic sunny! Thanks for posting!  :yess:  :jumpy:

5 Continents!!

Five Continents?  We can't account for Australia nor Antarctica; so does that mean the race went through Africa :duno: along with North America, South America, Asia and Europe.  Don't count Oceania as it is not a continent.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2008, 09:13:54 PM »
I wanted to come by and give y'all and thumbs up on getting so much confirmation out of BVM in that interview at EW.com.

The timing of the interview is a bit odd; which makes me suspect that TAR 14 will probably be filming around the time CBS gears up for promotion for the new season (early September), which would be in line with the timing in the TAR 14 applications.
-- theschnauzers

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2008, 01:45:34 AM »
I wanted to come by and give y'all and thumbs up on getting so much confirmation out of BVM in that interview at EW.com.

The timing of the interview is a bit odd; which makes me suspect that TAR 14 will probably be filming around the time CBS gears up for promotion for the new season (early September), which would be in line with the timing in the TAR 14 applications.

Thank you theschnauzers, it was so exciting to see some of our sleuthing come to life in black and white.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2008, 07:48:27 AM »

The TAR detectives are awesome aren't they!

Welcome to RFF theschnauzers!!
 :welcome:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2008, 08:35:27 PM »
Just wanted to put out there...

The youngest team is a tandem of two guys in their early 20s. “They’re made for television,” Van Munster says. “They’re supersmart — and they make terrible mistakes.”
Andrew Lappit and Partner
A pair of recent divorcees in their late 20s also vie for the million-dollar prize. “They were left with some financial debt, so they really have a motive to run around the world,” he says.
Recent Divorcees!!!! - Angry Ginger haired women and man in blue...It must be!!
And once again, expect a serving of granola — this time with a husband-wife squad of 60-something Oregon hippies. “They’re the real thing,” says Van Munster. “They come right out of the '60s. To a lot of people, it looks almost like they’re from a different planet.”
HIPPIES!!!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.