Author Topic: Amazing Race 13 in the media  (Read 75814 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Amazing Race 13 in the media
« Reply #125 on: October 07, 2008, 10:44:10 AM »
Heee:

Amazing Race Recap: The Lessons Learned in Brazil
October 6, 2008
From People's TV Watch:

1. Nice guys finish second. Computer nerds Bill and Mark, the 40-something gamers from San Diego, proved themselves selfless as they raced toward the finish line with feisty frontrunners Tina and Ken. The game-savvy Mark extended an olive branch by letting the rocky couple take first place — and win a pair of off-road vehicles. “If you guys coming in first will help your marriage, well, then screw the ATVs,” Mark said.

2. Don’t cross Tina. Separated couple Ken and Tina look like early contenders. Her quick temper towards her husband Ken show she means business. After Ken confessed to cheating on Tina, she has him on a perpetual treadmill to win back her trust.

3. Some people play dirty. Clad in camo, Nick is a picture of tenacity and won’t hesitate to use and then lose other players. On the wall-reading challenge, Nick tapped Andrew and eager-to-please Sarah for information, but quickly discarded them when the need disappeared. “I don’t mind playing dirty as long as I’m the one that benefits from it,” Nick says.

4. Play for the love of the game. With their sights set on the $1 million prize, Anthony and Stephanie didn’t seem to have their hearts in the race as much as other competitors. “The only thing we need in our life right now is financial stability,” Stephanie said.

5. Be nice to cab drivers. Many teams barked at feckless taxi drivers to go faster and that they are in a hurry. Tina’s “Do you have a cell phone? TELEPHONO?” and Anthony’s suggestion to check the exhaust drew irritated looks from their cabbies. A little por favor goes a long way.

6. There’s no whining in the Amazing Race. Terrence has emerged as the race’s biggest complainer, whether it’s to his girlfriend Sarah to move faster, clean his small head bruise or to soothe his aggravated emotions. Sarah even carries their bags. If Terrence and Sarah — two strong competitors, when she is not crying — go down, it will be because of him.

7. Pay attention to detail. Divorcees Kelly and Christy cannot read directions from a clue card, as twice they lost time by doing the wrong thing.

http://tvwatch.people.com/2008/10/06/amazing-race-recap-the-lessons-learned-in-brazil/
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #126 on: October 10, 2008, 11:02:09 PM »
:popcorn:

TV talk shows for Oct. 14
Noon The Bonnie Hunt Show: Actor Simon Baker ("The Mentalist"); actress JoAnna Garcia ("Privileged"); SeaWorld animals; the latest castoffs from "The Amazing Race 13."

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 10, 2008, 11:06:44 PM »
 :jumpy:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #128 on: October 10, 2008, 11:19:25 PM »
I guess Anthony and Steph were on Tuesday, I watch it all the time hmmm Tuesday where was I Tuesday,,,?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #129 on: October 10, 2008, 11:58:27 PM »
Who knew about this show??

Friday, October 17th
MELINA KANAKAREDES
From 'CSI: NY,' the talented Melina Kanakaredes stops in to chat with Bonnie about the newest season. He's the host of Bonnie's favorite reality program, Phil Keoghan from 'The Amazing Race' is here and Bonnie will try to get the scoop on the show. She calls herself, 'The Germinatrix,' Ivette Soler is back to show some fall gardening tips.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #130 on: October 11, 2008, 12:12:16 AM »
I watch it and I'll be sure too catch PHIL!!  :jumpy:
Bonnie is a big fan of the show  :hearts:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 11, 2008, 12:15:03 AM »
yay, maybe he'll mention TAR

what time and channel is this show on?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #132 on: October 11, 2008, 12:52:08 AM »
I watch it at 3pm on CBS but I think its on earlier  ..brb
...nope 3pm is the only time I get it.

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #133 on: October 11, 2008, 12:54:18 AM »

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #134 on: October 11, 2008, 12:57:03 AM »
I guess Anthony and Steph were on Tuesday, I watch it all the time hmmm Tuesday where was I Tuesday,,,?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/VsKHjA4pfTU&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/VsKHjA4pfTU&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

:wohoo:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #135 on: October 11, 2008, 01:13:41 AM »
When the show is on:

http://www.bonniehunt.com/about/whenitson.php

For me, it is 8AM!

How to get tickets:
http://www.bonniehunt.com/tickets/
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #136 on: October 11, 2008, 09:15:42 PM »
Phil's TOP 10 Favorite locations!

:wohoo:  Don't miss this one!!

http://tv.yahoo.com/falltv/photos/amazing-race/355
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline schwarzmoor

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #137 on: October 12, 2008, 06:42:44 AM »
For the first time ever, the complete route of the race has been released before the season starts. Check it out and follow the teams as they fight for $1 million on CBS, Sundays at 8pm ET.

:lol: Is it because we spoil so much this season? Thanks for the Matt's photo anyway.

Offline elopes

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #138 on: October 12, 2008, 10:08:47 AM »
I kinda wish the map hadn't been released, takes some of the fun out of it for viewers... although this site had done an INCREDIBLE job spoiling :)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #139 on: October 12, 2008, 10:38:58 AM »
For the first time ever, the complete route of the race has been released before the season starts. Check it out and follow the teams as they fight for $1 million on CBS, Sundays at 8pm ET.

:lol: Is it because we spoil so much this season? Thanks for the Matt's photo anyway.
Those photo's are golden schwarzmoor, the credit and thanks goes to you for the find  :jam:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #140 on: October 15, 2008, 09:26:17 PM »
This is funny

The Amazing Race 13 - The Amazing Taxi Race

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #141 on: October 17, 2008, 12:24:11 PM »
More like The Amazing Race detectives in the media  :jam:

Amazing Race Spoiler!

We've been talking with the Amazing Race Team 'Christy and Kelly' every Monday to recap the previous Sunday's episode. The girls are so fun but they never tell us anything about how far they got in the competition.

A listener sent us a link to a web forum for the show and apparently its been correct in predicting the past season's winners. - We have no idea if its accurate but it says which team makes it to the end!

SPOILER ALERT 
Click Here to see some Amazing Race Spoilers

source

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #142 on: October 17, 2008, 03:03:12 PM »
TV Q&A with Rob Owen
Friday, October 17, 2008
By Rob Owen, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Submit your question to Rob Owen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This week's TV Q&A responds to questions about "The Amazing Race," "Star Trek" reruns and Comcast/Verizon shenanigans. As always, thanks for reading, and keep those questions coming.

-- Rob Owen, Post-Gazette TV editor

Q: Why does CBS not have "The Amazing Race" online? They seem to have all of their other shows, but not my favorite. "Race" is particularly hard to record since football overruns frequently alter its time slot. Can you ask CBS for me?

-- Justin, 28, Squirrel Hill

Rob: "CBS doesn't have streaming rights to 'The Amazing Race,' which is why they are not posted online," explained a CBS spokesman.

"Race" is produced by Warner Bros., whereas most other CBS shows are produced by CBS, which is why they're available online. I had a similar experience this week: My Comcast DVR failed to record "The Big Bang Theory." I figured I'd get it from Comcast on demand, but it wasn't there and it wasn't on CBS's Web site either. And then I remembered: "Big Bang Theory" is produced by Warner Bros., too.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08291/920495-67.stm
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #143 on: October 17, 2008, 03:20:29 PM »
More like The Amazing Race detectives in the media  :jam:

Amazing Race Spoiler!

We've been talking with the Amazing Race Team 'Christy and Kelly' every Monday to recap the previous Sunday's episode. The girls are so fun but they never tell us anything about how far they got in the competition.

A listener sent us a link to a web forum for the show and apparently its been correct in predicting the past season's winners. - We have no idea if its accurate but it says which team makes it to the end!

SPOILER ALERT 
Click Here to see some Amazing Race Spoilers

source

puddin, you don't have to be shy with us. I didn't need to wade through all that crap before reaching the Spoiler. To save others some trouble the link is almost on the bottom of a huge line of show business vignettes.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #144 on: October 17, 2008, 03:33:09 PM »
Well thank the Lord we have you to steer us in the right direction apskips  :wohoo:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 17, 2008, 09:59:58 PM »
Well thank the Lord we have you to steer us in the right direction apskips  :wohoo:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #146 on: October 19, 2008, 09:18:39 PM »
Top US show puts Bay attractions on global stage

As amazing races go, racing around the Blokart Heaven track in Papamoa is among the top challenges in the world.
At least, that's what Emmy award-winning television show The Amazing Race has declared.

Blokarting and the Western Bay features in the fourth episode of series 13 due to be screened on Sunday in the US (1pm today NZ time).

Tim Burgess, general manager of Tourism Bay of Plenty, said his lips were sealed about the programme details. But he did say the programme was a great promotion to be a part of.

He had heard producers scouting another part of New Zealand and approached them with ideas on how Tauranga could be a base.

``It's not just the businesses but the region itself that gets put on the map and go to such a huge global audience,' he said.
``I would say that's an unprecedented kind of publicity for this region. It's such a huge show and has such a pull in so many countries.'

A preview clip on the CBS website shows contestants racing around the Blokart Heaven track with one taking a fall and possibly breaking her arm.

It's also believed the contestants visited a number of other landmarks in the region, including Kiwi 360 at Te Puke.

The show, which was filmed in May and is expected to screen in New Zealand early next year, features teams of two racing around the world hopping from one country to the next and completing unusual tasks in between.

The Tauranga stop-off came after the episode three trip to La Paz, Bolivia and New Zealand dominated the entire fourth episode.

New Zealand born host and producer Phil Keoghan was joined at the elimination station by his father John on the Papamoa Hills.

The episode is titled I Wonder If They Like Blondes in New Zealand?. It is the third time the country has featured in the programme.

LINK
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #147 on: November 05, 2008, 04:36:33 PM »
Tech note: well, finally. It's a bit complicated compared to other syndication methods, but it's available if anybody wants it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #148 on: November 05, 2008, 05:33:57 PM »
Well, I read that.... and don't have a clue! :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #149 on: November 05, 2008, 05:54:42 PM »
Well, I read that.... and don't have a clue! :lol3:
I'm a pretty techy person peach but can't figure it out either so don't feel bad. I'll ask Rob to walk me through it then I will walk you through it then you can pass it on and walk someone else through, lol