Poll

Was the HoH Competition Rigged

Yes
No

Author Topic: Was the HoH competition rigged?  (Read 5149 times)

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
Was the HoH competition rigged?
« on: April 19, 2008, 11:10:55 AM »
I am just wondering what everyone thinks of the HoH competition that Ryan won was rigged??

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Was the HoH competition rigged?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 11:13:16 AM »
Totally! (:;)
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 11:17:24 AM »
I wonder if they will find a way to rig the veto towards Ryan too!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 11:31:28 AM »
Hmmmmmmmmm...will be interesting to see if they did!  Although the description of the challenge on the feeds makes it sound hard to rig...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline God

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 01:35:14 PM »
I will now reveal that that was Me, moving in a mysterious way.
So help me, Me.

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 02:56:17 PM »
I just can't imagine the long pause for any other reason. Julie has the answers on a card, and the people that put 'guniea pigs' across the screen knew that question was coming sooooo.

And why did Ryan even think that was fact? seems weird to me.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 03:18:16 PM »

In order for the HOH comp to be rigged I would think you are asking did BB pull Ryan into the DR and say these are the questions we are asking and we want you to answer Yes to the question are there pre existing relationships still in the house.

I don’t think BB has a special interest in Ryan winning Big Brother 9.

My answer is no.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2008, 03:24:57 PM »
I wonder if they will find a way to rig the veto towards Ryan too!

OH I like this idea!!!  :angel:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2008, 03:45:22 PM »
I just thought it was funny that Ryan said yes, and even said after "now the jury will see that and wonder how I knew" (though the jury will see the 'guniea pigs' like we did I believe!

Offline kc

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Sunny Day
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2008, 05:01:07 PM »
hasnt the whole topic of other previous relationships in the house come up before?  how come it is so far fetched that it came up?  they asked about the stupid toy in the gp cage question.  I even if they did pull ryan in to dr and say vote fact for such and such a question, sharon could have just as easily steped on fact also.   I am still routing for sharon,  although i really should stop becuase it seems in every season on both bb and surivor my favorites never make it, i should do them a favor and route for their compitition.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2008, 08:28:39 PM »
I think the point is is that was a question that had no right answer. It could have been answered fact or fiction and either would have been right.

But the long pause certainly gives the impression that they were choosing which answer to be the right one--and hence who the winner would be. Fact--Ryan ties  Fiction--Sharon wins

But this is really just the tip of the iceberg as far as reality TV manipulation goes! ;)
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2008, 11:09:40 PM »
Those are some very interesting points so Ryan didn’t know the answers upfront.

That BB was riding on that Ryan and Sharon were going to answer differently on that question and it would be a tie at this point of the game.

I think this is just a case of the Sharon fans trying to come up with a justifiable solution as to why she lost another comp by blaming BB for rigging that one and every other comp too because heaven knows she sucked at all the comps. Poor girl was made out to look like she lacked basic arithmetic despite her saying she misunderstood all the questions in every comp she participated in. That BB has been interfering all along with poor Sharon.

As for the long pause I guess there is no chance is hell that Julie had some sort problem whether she dropped her cue cards got confused stuttered on her words because she’s flawless and a machine that makes no errors on live tv  ;)

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2008, 01:05:11 AM »
I thought I saw Julie holding her cards, and she normally doesn't look at them every second, so I just don't see it being something like that.

And I never said poor Sharon. I do think BB wanted a tie.

Ladysunblaze

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2008, 02:24:07 AM »
I am just wondering what everyone thinks of the HoH competition that Ryan won was rigged??

Not a "freeking" chance.  The reason Julie paused so long is two-fold.  One, for Dramatic affect.  Second,  She is really stupid!  She's blundered a ton of things in the past.  She is plain lousy at her job.  The only reason she is still around is because of Les M.  Rob, give me a break.  I imagine you're just trying to stir up conversation but, realize--Julie is just a moron.

Offline marigold

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2008, 03:11:22 AM »

:funny: How about a new Thread called:  Was the HOH comp rigged for Sharon to win?

I keep laughing at the thought of how BB handed that comp to Sharon because she is the only one who could have possibly thought of the g-pigs and she still gets the answer wrong.

Even with some help from BB that girl got the answer wrong.

Maybe at the next comp BB should ask questions about Jacob and Ryan and Adam can just pull up a chair and let Sharon finally win one.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2008, 07:40:06 AM »

Not a "freeking" chance.  The reason Julie paused so long is two-fold.  One, for Dramatic affect.  Second,  She is really stupid!  She's blundered a ton of things in the past.  She is plain lousy at her job.  The only reason she is still around is because of Les M.  Rob, give me a break.  I imagine you're just trying to stir up conversation but, realize--Julie is just a moron.

This is so true! Julie flubbed the rules when Janie, Erika and Goober were in their endurance and cost Janie a chance to win because she told her she was supposed to use both hands and it hadn't even really begun. That's one that I will never forget. (Well I don't know if she is a MORON but... she has flubbed stuff!)  :angel:

Welcome to RFF Ladysunblaze!

:welcome: :ty4posting  :welcome:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline MamaTo4boys

• Mama
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2008, 02:18:55 PM »
I wonder what made Ryan go to fact. Even he is freaking out the jury will see that and wonder how he knew.

And, I do think that BB wants Ryan at least in the F2 because the theme was the couples/soulmates whatever and he is part of a real life couple.

People say this game is not rigged, but they get DR manipulation. The DR is the one that suggested the tie for the Sharon/Natalie thing (they want the drama). And the HGs even said that things like the drinking POV was rigged for James.

I am just thinking that BB wanted a tie, because that adds more suspense/entertainment (especially with it being a live show). I don't really care, I find it funny that they are still confused about what relationship is still left in the house.

Offline ThunderStruck

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2008, 11:11:38 PM »
I don't think it was rigged.  I think Julie was reading the card and it also said Guinea Pigs and she hesitated because it was stupid!  When she realized BB was serious, she finished reading.

Offline vanillalatte

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2008, 12:45:33 PM »
I've been a little behind in listening to the podcast, but finally got to it last night.  I listed to you and Trevor discuss it, and listed to the audio you recorded.  I don't think it was rigged.  Besides, like Trevor said, if it WAS rigged, WHY would they rig it FOR Ryan? 

Oh, and Chelsia said "Beef Cake!" not big D***   :waves: :jumpy:

Offline Vintage212

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2008, 04:00:50 PM »
I am JUST now listening to this podcast and I agree with you Rob, I think that they rigged it towards Ryan, which I don't get cause Sharon is better anyways!
oXo Justine

Offline CJ22

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Shanepowers.com check it out.
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2008, 05:26:06 PM »
Every year you think something is rigged Rob merely because the player you like gets the hose.  First why would they rig it??????? So lets get rid on the only attractive female and keep the big guy with the goofy beard?????  Second has the Chinbot ever been just a top notch host for the show???? she messes up all the time and misspeaks quite a bit as well. Most of the time it is as if someone is in her ear telling her what to say and when to say it. So I don't think it was rigged The Guinea Pigs have played a pretty big part in the season and that has been brought up repeatedly.
Aras the first person to try to meditate fire.......... "Just a little longer guys................. ???? you feel the energy now................????? what about now?????  ........................................................now???"

Offline PirateDavid

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2008, 02:45:12 PM »
I think if BB were going to rig the show, they would rig it so Sheila would win.    The odd-couple pairing of Adam and Sheila would make a more satisfying final two than Ryan and anyone.   I think the fact that both parts one and two of the final HOH were competitions that Sheila had zero chance of winning proves that the show ISN'T rigged.