Author Topic: World's First Reality TV Pitch Contest  (Read 2436 times)

Offline echomedia

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
World's First Reality TV Pitch Contest
« on: March 23, 2004, 05:04:24 PM »
World’s First Reality TV Pitch Contest To Benefit P.S. I Love You Charity

Cyberspace — Two of today’s hottest pop culture icons — reality TV and online auction forum, eBay — are coming together for the first time ever to make history and money to help at-risk children and their families.
Beginning Saturday, March 27, 2004 at 10 p.m. PST at www.ebay.com/psiloveyou, reality TV fans who think they have the next blockbuster idea for a hit reality TV show will get their first of three chances to bid for the opportunity to pitch that idea to reality TV executives. Forty-eight, 10-minute, face-to-face meetings with Los Angeles studio executives and realty TV show decision-makers will go up on the auction block in three phases of 16, three-day auctions each. The second phase begins on March 30 at 10 p.m. PST and the third on April 2 at 10 p.m. PST.
High bidders will be invited to L.A. in May to pitch their ideas to 3 Ball Productions, producer of the hit reality show For Love or Money. One finalist will then be invited to wow a major Hollywood television network studio and convince them to turn his or her idea into America’s next new reality series.
All proceeds from the auctions will go toward the P.S. I Love You Foundation, a 501C3 non-profit organization dedicated to assisting at-risk Southern California children through an array of education and community outreach programs.