Author Topic: 'The Apprentice' is most-watched program  (Read 2976 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
'The Apprentice' is most-watched program
« on: March 22, 2004, 08:30:45 PM »
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/television/brief_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000468206

March 19, 2004

NBC's 'The Apprentice' is most-watched program

March madness got off to a good start for CBS on Thursday, with the eye network's coverage of the NCAA men's basketball tournament drawing some of its highest overnight ratings in years. In primetime, the night belonged to NBC and 9 p.m.'s a recap clip-drive episode of "The Apprentice," which ranked as the night's most-watched program overall with an average of 18.7 million viewers and 8.2 rating/17 share, according to preliminary estimates from Nielsen Media Research. That drove NBC to the nightly victory in total viewers (14.9 million) and the adults 18-49 demo (6.7/19). "The Apprentice" posted solid growth from its lead-in after the peacock started the night with a repeat of "Friends" (15.2 million, 6.6/20) and original 8:30 p.m. installment of "Will & Grace" (14.9 million, 6.8/19). A repeat of NBC's "ER" (12.2 million, 5.4/15) won the 10 p.m. hour. (Cynthia Littleton) FULL STORY

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • One day..... I Will Outlast, Outwit & Outplay
Re:'The Apprentice' is most-watched program
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2004, 09:05:52 AM »
Donald Trump is the richest man in New York, and the most popular man in the United States as far as I am concerned... I want to watch him just to really see how his personality is... Plis, I love when  he does the hand thing and says "YOU'RE FIRED". I never really KNEW Donald Trump until this show, and I am glad Mark Burnett is so creative that he would make a show like this to get ratings... He is a magician with ratings!
Wendy Jean

SURVIVOR 11- HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
Re:'The Apprentice' is most-watched program
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2004, 01:30:38 AM »
Yes, Mark Burnett is a genius.  I love watching the show because this is the kind of world I am not familiar with.  The competitions are good because they are not won based on pure strength or ability to swim better or run.  And I love hearing Donald say those crushing words, with a shake of his fingers "Your Fired" :( :(