The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

TAR IN HD?

(1/5) > >>

Kogs:
This was at the end of the artical about survivor

--- Quote ---CBS has not announced plans to upgrade their other reality travelogue, "The Amazing Race." But the higher-rated "Survivor" going HD should be an encouraging sign for "Race" fans.
--- End quote ---

if survivor17 comes out good in hd tar14 should be in hd

apskip:
I've said this before and will repeat it for those who missed it the first time. The need for speed and agility in the camera to be able to move with the Amazing Race action pretty much requires a lighter weight camera, which is the opposite of HD. The fact that Survivor is going that way means nothing since Survivor cameramen don't have to move all over the globe; they just have to handle a small island somewhere where more fixed camera setups are possible.

TARAsia Fan:
I was going to say something similar like that as ap, but in a different manner. HD cameras right now weigh in the neighborhood of 7 tons so it would be difficult for the video photographers to carry them around especially in the sometimes small spaces that TAR visits.

Perhaps when we reach TAR 20, we'll see it in HD.

Slowhatch:
I've found a quote which details his (BVM) preference for large cameras (source; click to page 2):

--- Quote ---While the equipment is getting less intrusive, not everyone swears by small cameras. Bertram van Munster, co-creator and co-executive producer of Amazing Race , says the camera needs a certain degree of heft in order to feel right on the shoulder and allow the photographer to get a quality shot. “You can't do professional stuff with a tiny little camera,” he insists. Van Munster swears by a 12-pound Sony IMX camcorder. With a smaller camera, he says, “it's hard to do things like pan properly.”
--- End quote ---
The article is from 2005, however. His opinions may have changed since then; technology certainly has changed.

puddin:
Thank you Slowhatch :<3

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version