Author Topic: Survivor Goes HD  (Read 8267 times)

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Survivor Goes HD
« on: April 13, 2008, 09:50:08 PM »
Survivors ready ... for HD?

The eight-year-old reality competition series is finally getting upgraded to high definition. Next fall's 17th outing will be the first time the show's exotic locations, elaborate challenges and gruesome bug bites will be available in the widescreen HD format.

CBS announced the production upgrade at the National Association of Broadcasters convention in Las Vegas on Sunday.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/television/news/e3i841febf193b8136000f0507ee52e2531

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Survivor Goes HD
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 09:53:03 PM »
Just in time with me having HD and all! Rob and I were just talking about this and we were like naw to expensive. Thanks for the news Kogs.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 09:58:16 PM »
Just in time with me having HD and all! Rob and I were just talking about this and we were like naw to expensive. Thanks for the news Kogs.

im getting a new computer on thursday with an hd tv turner so im happy as well :lol:

Offline rosesrred

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 10:07:32 PM »
My hubby and I were talking about Survivor not being in HD at the beginning of this season because we are so spoiled with  HD.  And that is was way to expensive with every camera having to be in HD, but i guess not too expensive.  That will be so nice to see everything in HD although the bug bites on the legs, etc might be to clear and close up  :eww  And not to mention the disgusting dirt everywhere on their bodies, on second thought only the scenery would be nice and that's about it.   :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 10:23:48 PM »

im getting a new computer on thursday with an hd tv turner so im happy as well :lol:
See getting the HD to my tv tuner is the problem, my tuner only goes up to 99 channels but I'm trying to figure out how to run it through my DVD player, channel 3 to my pc tv.
How do you rate a new PC Kogs  :lala ?

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 10:28:40 PM »

See getting the HD to my tv tuner is the problem, my tuner only goes up to 99 channels but I'm trying to figure out how to run it through my DVD player, channel 3 to my pc tv.
How do you rate a new PC Kogs  :lala ?

its called going to best  buy and getting this
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=999988400050013&productCategoryId=abcat0501001&type=product&tab=2&count=1&id=pcmprd88500050013#productdetail

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 11:24:07 PM »
BRAT!! lol

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 11:58:26 PM »
:touche: Hauppauge is what I use now, I just need a upgrade  :tup:

http://www.hauppauge.com/pages/products/data_hd.html

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2008, 12:12:31 PM »
CBS TO PRESENT "SURVIVOR" IN HIGH DEFINITION FOR THE FIRST TIME UTILIZING SONY'S XDCAM HD TECHNOLOGY
XDCAM HD Camcorders and Decks Play to Win on the Upcoming 17th Edition of CBS's Ground-Breaking Reality Series

Sony and CBS have joined forces to bring the ground-breaking reality series SURVIVOR to high definition. Sony XDCAM HDTM Professional DiscTM system will be used to shoot the upcoming 17th edition of CBS's SURVIVOR in high definition, with production scheduled to begin this summer and the premiere episode debuting in the fall.

"Sony's XDCAM HD system will start a new era for SURVIVOR," said Mark Burnett, executive producer of SURVIVOR. "The camcorder brings the exotic locales to life brilliantly, creating an immediacy that draws viewers right into the frame. This is something we'd been looking to do for some time, and now it has become a reality."

The XDCAM HD camcorders and decks to be deployed are a direct replacement for Sony Digital Betacam equipment used to craft the series' groundbreaking style since its premiere. The Sony XDCAM HD solution is immediately familiar to camera operators and line producers, but offers far more than an upgrade from SD to HD resolution. The optical-disc-based HD workflow introduces new innovation and efficiency that addresses the unique needs of reality TV's unscripted programming.

"Shooting in high definition gives our production team tools for storytelling beyond what was previously possible and will give our loyal audience an enhanced viewing experience," said Ghen Maynard, executive vice president, Alternative Programming & Entertainment Content for New Media, CBS Paramount Entertainment Group.  "SURVIVOR's locations and natural elements have always served as another character in the show and an important part of the competition.  With HD, viewers will feel as if they are on location instead of in their living room."

XDCAM HD Technology Most Widely Accepted for HDTV

The adoption of XDCAM HD technology by the SURVIVOR team is the latest milestone in the industry-wide acceptance of the optical format. XDCAM technology has become a favorite of reality television producers, for its on-set flexibility, random access and editing convenience.

"Often, reality crews are capturing hours of footage, with action often occurring on the fly so a camcorder that can be ready at a moment's notice is key for them," said Wayne Zuchowski, XDCAM marketing manager, Sony Electronics. "SURVIVOR's decision to shoot with XDCAM HD technology will further push the production boundaries for reality TV, creating a new sensation much as the series did at its introduction."

press release

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2008, 12:57:15 PM »
BRAT!! lol

cant beat those bundle packs and its great cause ill have more room on the dvr with widescreen and HD!!!!!!!! got to love it. i just know how to shop for computers and wireless desktops lol

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2008, 02:10:40 PM »
BRAT!! lol

cant beat those bundle packs and its great cause ill have more room on the dvr with widescreen and HD!!!!!!!! got to love it. i just know how to shop for computers and wireless desktops lol
Must be nice to be loaded ;)

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2008, 02:40:16 PM »
Sony and CBS have joined forces to bring the ground-breaking reality series SURVIVOR to high definition. Sony XDCAM HDTM Professional DiscTM system will be used to shoot the upcoming 17th edition of CBS's SURVIVOR in high definition, with production scheduled to begin this summer and the premiere episode debuting in the fall.

Fall!!! Still some time to wait
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.