Author Topic: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**  (Read 1538768 times)

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**
« Reply #1575 on: September 04, 2013, 05:30:31 AM »
-A team of zookeepers would be cool.

-A female footballing duo.

-Mother and adopted child.

-Eccentric gamer & father/or gaming friend (Someone like Ken from Survivor)

-Married team over age of 60.

-Forgotten "celebrity" looking to rekindle their career & sibling.

-Cross country lorry drivers or shippers.

-Dating duo in early 20's working in a fast food chain.

-Elderly all female team of African/American descent.

-YouTube team of Shane Dawson & GloZell Green (PLEASE)

-Super nerdy team, maybe national math league winners etc.

-Goths.

-Out of shape fathers/bestfriends.

-Male/Female team of punk rockers (tattoos,piercings & wild hair, mohawk etc).

-Tattoo artists, semi famous.

Just a few of probably unrealistic teams but I thought I'd share a few :)  :-[

Offline WinTar

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**
« Reply #1576 on: September 04, 2013, 05:35:53 AM »
More like Shane Dawson & Joey Graceffa! :lol:

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1577 on: September 04, 2013, 05:50:26 AM »
I would if he hadn't already raced  :funny: He's gained like 1.5 million subscribers since TAR :O

GloZell green is very funny though I can just imagine them on the race lol

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1578 on: September 04, 2013, 06:50:19 AM »

1. Andie/Jenna
2. Bill & Cathi
3. Bopper & Mark
4. James & Abba

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #1579 on: September 04, 2013, 06:59:31 AM »
First, remember how much blame and hate TAR got when Michael & Kevin were eliminated in Russia? Imagine that times 10 because two well-renowned YouTubers on the race would murder the ratings and it would not be a good start for the following season
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

MrDeerShank

« Reply #1580 on: September 04, 2013, 09:33:02 AM »
First, remember how much blame and hate TAR got when Michael & Kevin were eliminated in Russia? Imagine that times 10 because two well-renowned YouTubers on the race would murder the ratings and it would not be a good start for the following season

Shane Dawson & Lisa Schwartz then :P People would still know who Shane is and thus conversely would know his girlfriend, without the ratings becoming too absurd

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1581 on: September 04, 2013, 12:52:34 PM »

1. Andie/Jenna
2. Bill & Cathi
3. Bopper & Mark
4. James & Abba

Andie/Jenna were reunited parent/child team and we need more teams over 60 not once every 5 seasons  :( And Abba/James weren't what I mean :/

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1582 on: September 04, 2013, 12:54:45 PM »

Shane Dawson & Lisa Schwartz then :P People would still know who Shane is and thus conversely would know his girlfriend, without the ratings becoming too absurd
Ratings were still good after Joey/Meghan got eliminated though. I had never heard of Kevin before.
Can we have another Sue/Teresa with their magic spray?  :funny: Loved those guys so much.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1583 on: September 04, 2013, 04:38:08 PM »

Ratings were still good after Joey/Meghan got eliminated though. I had never heard of Kevin before.
Can we have another Sue/Teresa with their magic spray?  :funny: Loved those guys so much.
Well, on Facebook, a lot of dislike was circulating around Joey being annoying along with hyperactiveness and turned many adults off watching him that season. I think thay may be why ratings weren't affected as much.

We need another psychadelic-style team like Anita & Arthur, but one who can actually has the ability to be quicker.
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1584 on: September 04, 2013, 04:52:38 PM »

-A female footballing duo.

-Eccentric gamer & father/or gaming friend (Someone like Ken from Survivor)

-Forgotten "celebrity" looking to rekindle their career & sibling.

-Cross country lorry drivers or shippers.

-Dating duo in early 20's working in a fast food chain.

-Elderly all female team of African/American descent.

-YouTube team of Shane Dawson & GloZell Green (PLEASE)

-Super nerdy team, maybe national math league winners etc.

-Goths.

-Tattoo artists, semi famous.

Just a few of probably unrealistic teams but I thought I'd share a few :)  :-[
- Zookeepers? How about some veterinarians. No offense, but zookeepers tend to have no personality whatsoever. :( Personal references

- Female footballing (soccer) duo, wouldn't that be Kami & Karli?

- Gamers, weren't Mark & Bill gamers? ???

- Married over age of 60 - Meredith & Gretchen :<3

- Team Nerd - Gary & Dave from TAR2

- Goths - Kynt/Kent & Vyxsin

- Out of shape guys- Matt & Daniel recently, Mark & Bill also falls in this category

- Punk rockers - Nick & Vicki :snics:

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1585 on: September 04, 2013, 06:21:28 PM »
We need some more of them though  :funny:

I was going to say vets but thought that people would complain that because of their wealth they don't deserve to be on the race like peiple are saying on the FB page  :(

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1586 on: September 04, 2013, 08:58:35 PM »
We need some more of them though  :funny:

I was going to say vets but thought that people would complain that because of their wealth they don't deserve to be on the race like peiple are saying on the FB page  :(
We defintely need to see how another mother and adoptee would work together. Andie & Jenna are still one of my favorites from TAR17. :)

As for FB, it's one of the things I hate about Facebook pages. Those comments were absurd. Just because you are a vet, or any M.D. doesn't mean you should be banned from applying on The Amazing Race. They too can't travel to 8 countries in one sitting. They certainly have many patients to help and can rarely take time off even to spend family time at a beach, skiing, or any fun recreational activity. It is foolish to... not belittle, but put down everyday doctors who help SAVE LIVES. :groan: Sometimes I wish Facebook did not create a system for liking pages.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1587 on: September 05, 2013, 06:57:24 PM »
I don't think people really complain so much about people not deserving to run the race due to financial reasons - certainly not Nat and Kat or Tammy and Victor or Rob and Brennan or Chip and Kim, the latter of whom were fairly clearly well-off. Since TAR has an objective victory condition (finish the last leg first) then it doesn't matter why you've run the race or how someone else feels about it since there's not a lot that anyone can do about it.

I feel like vets would be nice. Perhaps farmers if they raise animals (this would be a good spot for a parent/child or other familial team) as well.

A route? Sure:

Leg 1: New York, New York to Fish River Canyon, Namibia (Pit Stop: Fish River Lodge)
Leg 2: Fish River Canyon to Swakopmund, Namibia (PS: Swakopmund Prison)
Leg 3: Namibia to Luanda, Angola (PS: Agostinho Neto Mausoleum)
Leg 4: Angola to County Kent, England (PS: Cliffs of Dover)
Leg 5: England to Cardiff, Wales (PS: Cardiff Castle)
Leg 6: Wales to Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina (PS: Latin Bridge)
Leg 7: Bosnia and Herzegovina to Venice, Italy to San Marino (PS: Palazzo Publico)
Leg 8: San Marino to Kathmandu Valley, Nepal (PS: Kailashnath Mahadev Statue)
Leg 9: Kathmandu to Khumjung, Nepal (PS: Everest View Hotel)
Leg 10: Nepal to Kratie, Cambodia (PS: Phnom Sombok)
Leg 11: Cambodia to Singapore (PS: Esplanade Theatre)
Leg 12: Singapore to Houston, Texas (Finish Line: Miller Outdoor Theatre)

Offline Spitty2013

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1588 on: September 05, 2013, 10:42:36 PM »
Hi all! Long time reader, first time poster.

I have an idea for a twist for racers, called the "Speedlimit"

A team gets to handicap another team at the roadblock, but on the condition that the team using it forfeits the right to check in to the mat 1st.

Example: Season 5's 9th Leg (India) - the team hit with the Speedlimit has to make 25 bricks instead of 20.

What do you think? Feel free to critique as you please, I'm always open to it!  :)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1589 on: September 05, 2013, 10:59:46 PM »

A team gets to handicap another team at the roadblock, but on the condition that the team using it forfeits the right to check in to the mat 1st.

Example: Season 5's 9th Leg (India) - the team hit with the Speedlimit has to make 25 bricks instead of 20.

What do you think? Feel free to critique as you please, I'm always open to it!  :)
Welcome to RFF, Spitty! :bigwelcome

I think this would be a great idea! As much as the Speed Bumps are wearing out season by season, I think the original U.S. version should revamp this concept by using the "Speed Limit/Handicap" during an overnight rest which teams can vote on who would receive the twist in order to not rip-off of TAR Norway.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1590 on: September 06, 2013, 05:12:31 AM »

Welcome  :bigwelcome :)
This is a great idea, I like the concept a lot!  I agree with Rachel saying the speedbump is wearing out and it kind of reminds me of the Uturn used in TAR Israel.

I like this idea better! But if a team say used the Speedlimit and they arrived in 4th, would they have to relinquish one place or are they ok? Or maybe by using it they received a ten minute penalty at the pit stop?

Really like this idea  :cheer: :cheer:

Offline Andre

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1591 on: September 07, 2013, 06:11:48 PM »

Nice twist, Spitty! This is what TAR US need!
No one I think is in my tree... I mean it must be high alone

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1592 on: September 07, 2013, 06:59:54 PM »
The Canary Islands please and/or Cape Verde Islands  :cheer:

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
« Reply #1593 on: September 07, 2013, 07:09:33 PM »
Leg 1: Atlanta, Georgia, USA(Piedmont Park) to Guayaquil, Ecuador (Malecón 2000)
Leg 2: Guayaquil, Ecuador to Quito, Ecuador (El Panecillo)
Leg 3: Quito, Ecuador to Madrid, Spain (Almudena Cathedral)
Leg 4: Madrid, Spain to Hamburg, Germany (Hamburg Rathaus)
Leg 5: Hamburg, Germany to Lusaka, Zambia (Lusaka National Museum)
Leg 6: Lusaka, Zambia to Nairobi, Kenya (Oloo's Children Center in Kibera Slum)
Leg 7: Nairobi, Kenya to Muscat, Oman (Royal Opera House Muscat)
Leg 8: Muscat, Oman to Kuching, Malaysia (Sarawak State Legislative Assembly)
Leg 9: Kuching, Malaysia to Gold Coast, Australia (Surfers Paradise)
Leg 10: Gold Coast, Australia to Melbourne, Australia (Shrine of Remembrance)
Leg 11: Melbourne, Australia to Nukuʻalofa, Tonga (Royal Palace)
Leg 12: Nuku'alofa, Tonga to Los Angeles, California, USA (Getty Villa)

It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #1594 on: September 07, 2013, 11:27:50 PM »
Recent/Upcoming Olympics Route

Leg 1: Atlanta, GA -> London, UK
Leg 2: London -> Barcelona, Spain
Leg 3: Barccelona -> Turin, Italy
Leg 4: Turin -> Athens, Greece
Leg 5: Athens -> Sochi, Russia
Leg 6: Sochi -> Beijing, China
Leg 7: Beijing -> Pyeongchang, South Korea
Leg 8: Pyeongchang -> Tokyo, Japan
Leg 9: Tokyo -> Sydney, Australia
Leg 10: Sydney -> Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Leg 11: Rio -> Vancouver, Canada
Leg 12: Vancouver -> Salt Lake City, Utah
"Perception is not reality. Reality is reality!" - Erik Cardona

Offline Andre

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1595 on: September 08, 2013, 03:56:47 AM »
I really wish to see Eric & Lisa racing...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1596 on: September 08, 2013, 08:36:19 AM »
I would have loved that too. But pretty sure THEY would not do it.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1597 on: September 08, 2013, 10:13:14 AM »
For some reason I never missed them :/ Though they should bring them back like Survivor should do with Jonathon/Wanda

Offline Andre

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1598 on: September 08, 2013, 06:30:42 PM »
They're JUST unlucky

Offline Loken

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1599 on: September 12, 2013, 09:08:29 AM »
I Think TAR should update all the route markers / clues and design of the clues and clueboxes after TAR 25 to make it more modern looking and not use the same old design. like how they changed the uturn boards digital
Creating Routes ~