Author Topic: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**  (Read 1539216 times)

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
8 legs in asia? no thanks

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
8 legs in asia? no thanks

I just noticed that lol.

What do u suggest.

at the MOST 5 asia legs...
add 1 to europe
and 2 in africa :)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
Fail route... :meh (First thing came up to mind)

STARTING LINE: Miller Outdoor Theater
Leg 1 (United States --> El Salvador) :hearts: / Houston to San Salvador (Jose Simeon Canas birthplace in Zacatecoluca Pit Stop)
Leg 2 (El Salvador --> Peru) / to Lima
Leg 3 (Peru) / charter bus to Arequipa (self-drive to Puno Pit Stop)
Leg 4 (Peru --> Bolivia) / boat rowing in Lake Titicaca tasks and Ancohuma panorama site Pit Stop
Leg 5 (Bolivia --> Spain) / self-drive to La Paz and fly to Madrid
Leg 6 (Spain --> Algeria) / to Algiers (ropeway and on foot transport)
Leg 7 (Algeria) / self-drive to inner Algeria
Leg 8 (Algeria --> Saudi Arabia) / to Jeddah
Leg 9 (Saudi Arabia --> India) / to Lucknow and train to Delhi
Leg 10 (India --> Vietnam) / to Hanoi
Leg 11 (Vietnam --> Philippines) / to Manila and Quezon City
Leg 12 (Philippines --> United States) / to END CITY: :hearts: DETROIT, MICHIGAN :hearts:
FINISH LINE: Dearborn (Ford Plant) SPONSORSHIP BONUS!!! :lol3:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

paldog123456

Leg 1 (United States --> El Salvador) :hearts: / Houston to San Salvador (Jose Simeon Canas birthplace in Zacatecoluca Pit Stop)
Leg 4 (Peru --> Bolivia) / boat rowing in Lake Titicaca tasks and Ancohuma panorama site Pit Stop
Leg 12 (Philippines --> United States) / to END CITY: :hearts: DETROIT, MICHIGAN :hearts:

DETROIT :hrt:

(I actually had a finale in Dearborn in my cancelled race. They went to the Henry Ford, Greenfield Village, the Rouge Plant, and there was SO MUCH product placement and such. :lol3: )

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
(I actually had a finale in Dearborn in my cancelled race. They went to the Henry Ford, Greenfield Village, the Rouge Plant, and there was SO MUCH product placement and such. :lol3: )

because there wouldn't be anything else to do

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster

I like it, except for Saudi Arabia. An all-female team would get last there easily.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
Leg 1 (United States - Bolivia)
Leg 2 (Bolivia)
Leg 3 (Bolivia - Mozambique)
Leg 4 (Mozambique - Tanzania)
Leg 5 (Tanzania - Finland)
Leg 6 (Finland - Jordan)
Leg 7 (Jordan)
Leg 8 (Jordan - Sri Lanka)
Leg 9 (Sri Lanka)
Leg 10 (Sri Lanka - Laos)
Leg 11 (Laos - Russia)
Leg 12 (Russia - United States)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 07:18:45 PM by supah3ro »

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster

I like it, except for Saudi Arabia. An all-female team would get last there easily.

Even the interior of Algeria is not safe.
I didn't think Algeria through very much, I had a V8 moment when I forgot the snowy regions of Algeria were not near Algiers. :groan: I guess Saudi Arabia would have to be substituted for Israel. ;)
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
Australia route

Leg 1: Australia (Sydney) - Colombia (Bogota)
Leg 2: Colombia - Brazil (Rio)
Leg 3: Brazil (Rio)
Leg 4: Brazil - USA (Miami)
Leg 5: USA - UK (London)
Leg 6: UK (Scotland; wherever lol)
Leg 7: UK - Russia (Moscow)
Leg 8: Russia - Maldives (Male)
Leg 9: Maldives - China (Beijing)
Leg 10: China (Beijing)
Leg 11: China - Timor Leste (Dili)
Leg 12: Timor Leste - Australia (Darwin)
st andrews links in leg 6 would be sooooo fressshhh
"Perception is not reality. Reality is reality!" - Erik Cardona

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Israel 3 Race predictions (I bet I get none right :lol3:)

Leg 1 (Israel --> Oman) / Tel Aviv to Muscat
Leg 2 (Oman --> India) / Kolkata
Leg 3 (India) / more Kolkata
Leg 4 (India --> Bangladesh) / to Dhaka :lol:
Leg 5 (Bangladesh --> Malaysia) / to Kuching
Leg 6 (Malaysia --> Singapore --> China) / train to Singapore for only one task and fly to Kunming
Leg 7 (China) / more Kunming
Leg 8 (China --> Turkey) / to Ankara
Leg 9 (Turkey --> Ukraine) / to Kiev and nearby towns (Chernobyl Pit Stop)
Leg 10 (Ukraine --> Serbia) / to Belgrade
Leg 11 (Serbia --> Macedonia --> Greece) / to Skopje and train to Patra
Leg 12 (Greece --> Israel) / bus to Athens and a few minor tasks before heading back to Tel Aviv for final Roadblock and a few other locations before Finish Line

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
Israel 3 Race predictions (I bet I get none right :lol3:)

Leg 1 (Israel --> Oman) / Tel Aviv to Muscat
Leg 2 (Oman --> India) / Kolkata
Leg 3 (India) / more Kolkata
Leg 4 (India --> Bangladesh) / to Dhaka :lol:
Leg 5 (Bangladesh --> Malaysia) / to Kuching
Leg 6 (Malaysia --> Singapore --> China) / train to Singapore for only one task and fly to Kunming
Leg 7 (China) / more Kunming
Leg 8 (China --> Turkey) / to Ankara
Leg 9 (Turkey --> Ukraine) / to Kiev and nearby towns (Chernobyl Pit Stop)
Leg 10 (Ukraine --> Serbia) / to Belgrade
Leg 11 (Serbia --> Macedonia --> Greece) / to Skopje and train to Patra
Leg 12 (Greece --> Israel) / bus to Athens and a few minor tasks before heading back to Tel Aviv for final Roadblock and a few other locations before Finish Line

I really, really don't think they'd be able to go to Oman, Bangladesh, or Malaysia. Also HaMerotz LaMillion tends to finish in a different country, though that's not to say they always will.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
So my slightly altered version of Amazing Race: New Zealand 1! Includes what legs fast forwards and u-turns will appear in as well as the legs where the Salvage Pass and Express Pass are awarded in!

Leg 1: Auckland, New Zealand (Albert Park - Start Line) to Perth, Australia (The Art Gallery of West Australia - Elimination) [Express Pass]
Leg 2: Perth, Australia to Tokyo, Japan (Mount Nokogiri - Non Elimination) [Salvage Pass]
Leg 3: Tokyo, Japan to Osaka, Japan (Osaka Castle - Elimination) [Fast Forward]
Leg 4: Osaka, Japan to Dubai, United Arab Emirates (Meydan Racecourse - Elimination)
Leg 5: Dubai, United Arab Emirates to Bulawayo, Zimbabwe (Nesbit Castle - Elimination) [U-Turn]
Leg 6: Bulawayo, Zimbabwe to Botswana (Edge of the Makgadikgadi Pan - Non Elimination)
Leg 7: Botswana to Cape Town, South Africa (Victoria and Alfred Waterfront - Elimination) [Fast Forward]
Leg 8: Cape Town, South Africa to Copenhagen, Denmark (Copenhagen Concert Hall - Non Elimination)
Leg 9: Copenhagen, Denmark  to Edinburgh, Scotland (National War Museum of Scotland - Elimination)
Leg 10: Edinburgh, Scotland to London, England (The London Eye - Elimination) [Double U-Turn]
Leg 11: London, England  to New York City, New York, USA (Central Park, Bethesda Fountain - Non Elimination)
Leg 12: New York City, New York, USA to Montreal, Quebec, Canada (Place Des Arts - Elimination)
Leg 13: Montreal, Quebec, Canada to Wellington, New Zealand (Westpac Stadium - Finishing Line)

It's Clobbering Time!

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
So my slightly altered version of Amazing Race: New Zealand 1! Includes what legs fast forwards and u-turns will appear in as well as the legs where the Salvage Pass and Express Pass are awarded in!

Leg 1: Auckland, New Zealand (Albert Park - Start Line) to Perth, Australia (The Art Gallery of West Australia - Elimination) [Express Pass]
Leg 2: Perth, Australia to Tokyo, Japan (Mount Nokogiri - Non Elimination) [Salvage Pass]
Leg 4: Osaka, Japan to Dubai, United Arab Emirates (Meydan Racecourse - Elimination)
Leg 5: Dubai, United Arab Emirates to Bulawayo, Zimbabwe (Nesbit Castle - Elimination) [U-Turn]
Leg 6: Bulawayo, Zimbabwe to Botswana (Edge of the Makgadikgadi Pan - Non Elimination)
Leg 7: Botswana to Cape Town, South Africa (Victoria and Alfred Waterfront - Elimination) [Fast Forward]
Leg 8: Cape Town, South Africa to Copenhagen, Denmark (Copenhagen Concert Hall - Non Elimination)
Leg 9: Copenhagen, Denmark  to Edinburgh, Scotland (National War Museum of Scotland - Elimination)
Leg 10: Edinburgh, Scotland to London, England (The London Eye - Elimination) [Double U-Turn]
Leg 11: London, England  to New York City, New York, USA (Central Park, Bethesda Fountain - Non Elimination)
Leg 12: New York City, New York, USA to Montreal, Quebec, Canada (Place Des Arts - Elimination)
Leg 13: Montreal, Quebec, Canada to Wellington, New Zealand (Westpac Stadium - Finishing Line)
Quick question, doesn't having a NEL when the Salvage pass is awarded kinda defeat the purpose of it? There's no team to save then.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES

Quick question, doesn't having a NEL when the Salvage pass is awarded kinda defeat the purpose of it? There's no team to save then.

I'd alter the salvage pass to only be used to gain the 30 minute lead in entering a place before hours.
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep

I'd alter the salvage pass to only be used to gain the 30 minute lead in entering a place before hours.

But a Salvage Pass has two options: to NEL, or to give the other team a head start.  If the NEL doesn't matter what's the point? You might as well just give them a time credit.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES

But a Salvage Pass has two options: to NEL, or to give the other team a head start.  If the NEL doesn't matter what's the point? You might as well just give them a time credit.

True.. I'll have it be an elimination and the leg in Copenhagen become an elimination if the Salvage pass saves a team or non elimination if it is used for a time credit.

Leg 1: Auckland, New Zealand (Albert Park - Start Line) to Perth, Australia (The Art Gallery of West Australia - Non-Elimination) [Express Pass]
Leg 2: Perth, Australia to Tokyo, Japan (Mount Nokogiri - Elimination) [Salvage Pass]
Leg 8: Cape Town, South Africa to Copenhagen, Denmark (Copenhagen Concert Hall - Elimination[If salvage pass saves a team] or Non-Elimination [If salvage pass is used from time credit)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 01:13:22 AM by SamualDude »
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
I want another Family Edition but with good locations.

1: Seattle, WA
2: Vancouver, BC
3: Oakland, CA, San Francisco, CA
4: LA, CA, San Diego
5: San Antonio, TX
6: Punta Cana, DR
7: San Juan, PR
8: Miami, FL
9: Orlando, FL
10: Tampa, Fl and Washington DC
11: Baltimore, MD
12: NYC
13(finale) CT(bridgeport, hartford), MA: Foxborough, Humarock, navigate boat to Provincetown(finish line)
"Perception is not reality. Reality is reality!" - Erik Cardona

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I want another Family Edition but with good locations.

1: Seattle, WA
2: Vancouver, BC
3: Oakland, CA, San Francisco, CA
4: LA, CA, San Diego
5: San Antonio, TX
6: Punta Cana, DR
7: San Juan, PR
8: Miami, FL
9: Orlando, FL
10: Tampa, Fl and Washington DC
11: Baltimore, MD
12: NYC
13(finale) CT(bridgeport, hartford), MA: Foxborough, Humarock, navigate boat to Provincetown(finish line)
Oakland doesn't have that much stuff... maybe switch it to Napa Valley or University of California - Berkeley.

NOTE TO SELF: Forget Berkeley :crazy:... San Franscisco and then a Cupertino (Apple Comp. and Stanford Univ.) Pit Stop is better.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
Another route:

Leg 1: USA - Vanuatu (Port Villa)
Leg 2: Vanuatu - Fiji (Suva)
Leg 3: Fiji (Island themed leg)
Leg 4: Fiji - Australia (Cairns)
Leg 5: Australia (Far North Queensland)
Leg 6: Australia - Thailand (Bangkok)
Leg 7: Thailand - Kenya (Nairobi)
Leg 8: Kenya - Gabon (Liberville)
Leg 9: Gabon - Brazil (Amazon region)
Leg 10: Brazil (Rio de Janeiro)
Leg 11: Brazil - Panama (Rural leg)
Leg 12: Panama - USA

WHat is the theme for my route?

Sadly, the theme is no europe (:;)

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
If there was another family edition it should at least go to North and South America.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
TARAus Family Edition:

Leg 1: Melbourne - Christchurch
Leg 2: Christchurch - Auckland via Wellington
Leg 3: Wellington - Fiji
Leg 4: Fiji - Sydney
Leg 5: Sydney - Bali
Leg 6: Bali - Philippines
Leg 7: Philippines - Tokyo - Osaka (Superleg)
Leg 8: Osaka - Taiwan
Leg 9: Taiwan - Bangkok
Leg 10: Bangkok - Singapore
Leg 11: Singapore - Perth
Leg 12: Perth - Melbourne

As you can see, this route is very up-and-down.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
I'M D-O-N-E WITH ASIA
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Well it is the Australia Family Edition, and well we can't really go all the way to Europe or anything. :P

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
Well it is the Australia Family Edition, and well we can't really go all the way to Europe or anything. :P
Except because the expensive cost to go there, why? ;)
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Except because the expensive cost to go there, why? ;)
Because the FE is notorious for having a small route. :P