Author Topic: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**  (Read 1535083 times)

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
I loved the route!  Until I realised it had 4 double legs and no Europe.  :cmas3

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
I loved the route!  Until I realised it had 4 double legs and no Europe.  :cmas3

thought you would have better taste in routes airlines.... hmm

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster

Same here. Only 8 countries in 12 legs! If you do that, at least do what TAR 19 did by having to go into Germany and the Netherlands.

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
A route I'd like if they did an Amazing Race New Zealand. Pitstops/Start Line/ Finish Line in brackets.
Thoughts on the route if you'd like to give them!

Leg 1: Auckland, New Zealand (Albert Park - Start Line) to Perth, Australia (The Art Gallery of West Australia - Elimination)
Leg 2: Perth, Australia to Tokyo, Japan (Mount Nokogiri - Elimination)
Leg 3: Tokyo, Japan to Osaka, Japan (Osaka Castle - Elimination)
Leg 4: Osaka, Japan to Dubai, United Arab Emirates (Meydan Racecourse - Elimination)
Leg 5: Dubai, United Arab Emirates to Bulawayo, Zimbabwe (Nesbit Castle - Elimination)
Leg 6: Bulawayo, Zimbabwe to Botswana (Edge of the Makgadikgadi Pan - Non Elimination)
Leg 7: Botswana to Cape Town, South Africa (Victoria and Alfred Waterfront - Elimination)
Leg 8: Cape Town, South Africa to Berlin, Germany (Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church - Non Elimination)
Leg 9: Berlin, Germany to Edinburgh, Scotland (National War Museum of Scotland - Elimination)
Leg 10: Edinburgh, Scotland to London, England (The London Eye - Non Elimination)
Leg 11: London, England  to New York City, New York, USA (Central Park, Bethesda Fountain - Non Elimination)
Leg 12: New York City, New York, USA to Montreal, Quebec, Canada (Place Des Arts - Elimination)
Leg 13: Montreal, Quebec, Canada to Wellington, New Zealand (Westpac Stadium - Finishing Line)
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Felix

• RFF Full Member
Leg 1: USA (Texas) - Mexico (Mexico City)
Leg 2: Mexico - Colombia (Medellín)
Leg 3: Colombia - Brazil (Recife)
Leg 4: Brazil - Bahrein (Manama)
Leg 5: Bahrein - UAE (Dubai)
Leg 6: UAE - Uzbekistan (Tashkent)
Leg 7: Uzbekistan - Zambia (Lusaka)
Leg 8: Zambia - Egypt (Cairo)
Leg 9: Egypt - South Africa (Soweto)
Leg 10: South Africa (Pretoria)
Leg 11: South Africa - Serbia (Belgrade)
Leg 12: Serbia - USA (Washington, D.C.)

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
A route I'd like if they did an Amazing Race New Zealand. Pitstops/Start Line/ Finish Line in brackets.
Thoughts on the route if you'd like to give them!

Leg 1: Auckland, New Zealand (Albert Park - Start Line) to Perth, Australia (The Art Gallery of West Australia - Elimination)
Leg 2: Perth, Australia to Tokyo, Japan (Mount Nokogiri - Elimination)
Leg 3: Tokyo, Japan to Osaka, Japan (Osaka Castle - Elimination)
Leg 4: Osaka, Japan to Dubai, United Arab Emirates (Meydan Racecourse - Elimination)
Leg 5: Dubai, United Arab Emirates to Bulawayo, Zimbabwe (Nesbit Castle - Elimination)
Leg 6: Bulawayo, Zimbabwe to Botswana (Edge of the Makgadikgadi Pan - Non Elimination)
Leg 7: Botswana to Cape Town, South Africa (Victoria and Alfred Waterfront - Elimination)
Leg 8: Cape Town, South Africa to Berlin, Germany (Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church - Non Elimination)
Leg 9: Berlin, Germany to Edinburgh, Scotland (National War Museum of Scotland - Elimination)
Leg 10: Edinburgh, Scotland to London, England (The London Eye - Non Elimination)
Leg 11: London, England  to New York City, New York, USA (Central Park, Bethesda Fountain - Non Elimination)
Leg 12: New York City, New York, USA to Montreal, Quebec, Canada (Place Des Arts - Elimination)
Leg 13: Montreal, Quebec, Canada to Wellington, New Zealand (Westpac Stadium - Finishing Line)

Well I think you use too obvious places (Japan, Dubai, New York City, London etc) you should try to spam random places in a route, like TARAus1 and 2 did (Israel, Czech Republic, Poland, Sri Lanka, Philippines, Turkey, Cuba) and I really don't like the double NEL.

addie

this route'll be familiar to you soon:

Leg 1: USA - Venezuela (Merida)
Leg 2: Venezuela - Bolivia (Salar de Uyuni; Potosi)
Leg 3: Bolivia - South Africa (Cape Town)
Leg 4: South Africa - Gabon (Loango N.P.)
Leg 5: Gabon - The Netherlands (Friesland)
Leg 6: The Netherlands - Finland (Rovaniemi)
Leg 7: Finland - Croatia (Istria)
Leg 8: Croatia - India (Ooty)
Leg 9: India - Laos (Luang Prabang)
Leg 10: Laos - Australia (Queensland)
Leg 11: Australia - Samoa (Rural)
Leg 12: Samoa - USA (Austin)

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
love it addie!!!!!! that would be great if it actually happened <333333

heres one i might make one day

Leg 1: United States - Bolivia (La Paz)
Leg 2: Bolivia - Peru (Lake Titicaca)
Leg 3: Peru (Cuzco)
Leg 4: Peru - Australia (Nelson Bay)
Leg 5: Australia - Cambodia (Siem Reap)
Leg 6: Cambodia (Koh Kong)
Leg 7: Cambodia - Mozambique (Nampula)
Leg 8: Mozambique - Tanzania (Kigoma)
Leg 9: Tanzania - Croatia (Zagreb)
Leg 10: Croatia - Slovenia (Ljubljana)
Leg 11: Slovenia - France (France)
Leg 12: France - United States (Baltimore)

addie

Omw that one HAS to be made, I wish you would have.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
Omg heres a good route.
01. Wisconsin > Quebec, Canada
02. Vancouver, Canada
03. Papeete, Tahiti
04. Sydney, Australia
05. Sendai, Japan
06. Yangon, Myanmar
07. Doha, Qatar
08. Kampala, Uganda
09. San Marino/Florence, Italy
10. Switzerland
11. Switzerland
12. Chatanooga, Tennessee

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
I wish the race will never have 6 continent race ever again, I hate those routes.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!

Well, just swap the first Thailand leg to the Bangkok one while Leg 11 goes to the Philippines.

As for a Europe leg, replace the first Angola leg with Rome, Italy (Ancient Olympic themed with Colosseum Pit Stop) OR Lisbon, Portugal.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Revised route to fit a LOT more people's taste as only 1:4 people in my family like the "old" route. :groan: *facepalm*

:cmas9 STARTING LINE: Creek Ranch near beautiful Lake Hatchineha which connects a stream to Florida's well-known freshwater lake, Lake Kissimmee. (HATERS SAY: Pssh... What a boring start line! :cmas3)
:cmas18 :cmas18 START LINE TASK: "Dissect" through clay frogs (total of 1,000) for one with orange "blood". When revealed, they must trade it to Phil to receive tickets on one of 3 flights to a mystery destination. (NOTE: Last team to find one will receive tickets on the third flight, carrying only that specific team an hour behind.) :cmaslol :cmas32:

Leg 1 (United States --> The Bahamas) / Orlando, FL to Marsh Harbour, Abaco Island (Nature themed)
Leg 2 (The Bahamas) / to Nassau (Festival life and Paradise Island)
Leg 3 (The Bahamas --> Cuba) / to Havana (pre-race booked tickets, Cityscape & retro car calamity :yes:... but receiving no money for this leg :lol:)
• CHANGED Leg 4 (Cuba --> Portugal) / to Lisbon (featuring its different districts and municipalities)
• CHANGED Leg 5 (Portugal --> Angola) / to Luanda followed by train to Malanje (African savanna landmarks w/ driving jeepneys and climbing tasks)
Leg 6 (Angola --> Kenya) / train back to Luanda to Mombasa (transportation use & restoration theme... HATERS SAY: :cmas3 :cmas15 :cmas30:)
Leg 7 (Kenya --> Qatar) / to Doha and surrounding areas (Dhow Harbour shipping Detour, Souk Waqif, jockey camel racing preparation RB in desert with Pit Stop in the middle of nowhere :lol:)
Leg 8 (Qatar --> Burma) / final Doha landmark then off to Yangon (broad culture theme)
Leg 9 (Burma) / bus to Bago then drive to Mawlamyine (more in depth culture, durian juice Speed Bump, Shampoo Island Pit Stop)
• CHANGED Leg 10 (Burma --> Thailand :gaah:) /  to Bangkok :groan: (Switchback to season 1 coin FF as an Roadblock, new landmarks and districts... HATERS SAY: Way to ruin an awesome route!... oh well, it wasn't that awesome anyways :cmas3)
• CHANGED Leg 11 (Thailand --> Philippines) / to Manila and bus to Parañaque City and Talim Island in Laguna de Bay as Roadblock and Pit Stop location
Leg 12 (Philippines --> United States) / to END CITY: San Diego, CA!!! :mas25

MEMORY TASK (ROADBLOCK): At Mid-Bayfront Marina, team members have to use a petal boat to ride to buoys placed randomly in the water. Each buoy will have its own number (leg number). The task is to get a Pit Stop picture from the dock and place it on the buoy with the correct leg number which it was visited. When all the pictures are in the correct places, their next clue will be revealed under a fishing rod.
FINISH LINE: Pacific Gateway Park (Follow the twisted mark trails until you see the Finish Line! Run Forrest Run!!! :cmas9

(Added in Europe [even though I'm getting tired of seeing it :groan:] and a 10-country route)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 02:26:07 PM by RachelLeVega »
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
really not a good route sorryyyyyyy. if you swapped it round so that asia was first it'll be a little bir better

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
really not a good route sorryyyyyyy. if you swapped it round so that asia was first it'll be a little bir better

Swapping it around to San Diego is pretty good, but then Cuba and the Bahamas will be :cmas3 (crappy) and WAY too predictable.

Or you could use it as a "Worst dream route in the history of TAR ever" example. Just an idea. :cmas27
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 11:03:21 PM by RachelLeVega »

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
love it addie!!!!!! that would be great if it actually happened <333333

heres one i might make one day

Leg 1: United States - Bolivia (La Paz)
Leg 2: Bolivia - Peru (Lake Titicaca)
Leg 3: Peru (Cuzco)
Leg 4: Peru - Australia (Nelson Bay)
Leg 5: Australia - Cambodia (Siem Reap)
Leg 6: Cambodia (Koh Kong)
Leg 7: Cambodia - Mozambique (Nampula)
Leg 8: Mozambique - Tanzania (Kigoma)
Leg 9: Tanzania - Croatia (Zagreb)
Leg 10: Croatia - Slovenia (Ljubljana)
Leg 11: Slovenia - France (France)
Leg 12: France - United States (Baltimore)

I like this route. So much for Australia being overused.  :mas25

if youre lucky enough, you may get to see it ;)

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Leg 1: New York City - Grenada
Leg 2: Grenada - Toulouse, France
Leg 3: France - Libreville, Gabon
Leg 4: Gabon - Tripoli, Libya
Leg 5: Libya - Helsinki, Finland
Leg 6: Rural Finland
Leg 7: Finland - Kerkyra, Greece
Leg 8: Kerkyra - Hainan Island, China
Leg 9: China - Brunei
Leg 10: Brunei - Melbourne
Leg 11: Melbourne - Fiji
Leg 12: Fiji - New York City

Offline selfeviction

• RFF Frantic Poster
Heres Mine!
Leg 1.  Mashantucket, Connecticut (start line: Foxwoods Casion/Resort) - Cardiff, Wales
Leg 2. Cardiff, Wales - Kuusamo, Finland
Leg 3. Kuusamo, Finland -  Helsinki, Finland
Leg 4. Helsinki, Finland - Yakutsk, Russia
Leg 5. Yakuysk, Russia - Hohot, China
Leg 6. Hohot, China - Lhasa, Tibet
Leg 7. Lhasa, Tibet - Kathmandu, Nepal
Leg 8. Kathmandu, Nepal
Leg 9. Kathmandu, Nepal - Vientiane, Laos
Leg 10. Vientiane, Laos - Paramaribo, Suriname
Leg 11. Paramaribo, Suriname - Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Leg 12. Port-au-Prince, Haiti - Pensacola, Florida

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
I am wishing an All-Star season but it's gonna be a Winner's Edition.

1. Rob & Brennan
2. Nat & Kat
3. Ernie & Cindy
4. Nick & Starr
5. Meghan & Cheyne
6. Kisha & Jen
7. Dave & Rachel
8. Tyler & James
9. Flo & Zach
10. Chip & Kim
11. Freddy & Kendra

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
Hey heres an idea instead of putting "rural" why don't you say the location its gonna be in?

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Hey heres an idea instead of putting "rural" why don't you say the location its gonna be in?

Rural = Not In Any Urban Area so therefore there isn't really a location.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
then do some research and find your rural town :)

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
then do some research and find your rural town :)
Yeah but rural legs usually take place in a couple of towns and it would take too long to list them all.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
Okay okay... it was just a friendly suggestion since it seems that people just decide two legs and just say rural to fill up a "slot" in their routes :cmaslol
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 08:28:59 AM by Kandace »

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Cast dreamlist (my personal rookie award):

M/F teams:
Dating couple / Late 20s, Both cute & fit, both with a different disorder (perhaps dyslexia and color-blindness), wants to prove people with certain disabilities are able to do anything than what really is portrayed in the ignorant media
Dating long-distance / 30 and 35-ish, not so fit, dating close for a few years, then one's work headquarters move to the different side of the U.S. causing a long distance relationship to form. Wants to have this literally close moment together before returning back to their distanced lives.
Dating couple / Early 20s and late 20s, both fit, male has nice abs, female has orangish hair dye, will bicker, met as aspiring musicians at a concert in the major city and began to play in a local pop rock band with other friends in their little town. Thinks entertainment will get them far in the race.
Married "rednecks" :lol: / Appearance-wise: Steve & Linda-ish... both down-to-earth lovebirds, well-educated, and lots of FUN, FUN, FUN! :hearts: They want to also break the redneck stereotype placed on reality TV (notably the "You betta redneckognize" toddler & mom, and Duck Dynasty beardies)
Cousins / fit, male has noticeable abs, female is sometimes grouchy to others while male is chill and laid-back. They are like brother & sister, no rivalry against each other, but can be manipulative. Female has good reps on booking good and hidden flights because of her frequent flyer discounts on her favorite airline (Mirna much?) :res: while male handles physical tasks and stress very well.
Stepmom & stepson / Fit, super-super fans, middle-aged & young adult, both love each other LIKE a real family, but do butt heads once in a while when each wants to complete a challenge their own way. Stepson's dad passed away from a car crash when he was a child and mother was put in prison after severe cocaine addiction when he was a high school student. Racing to showcase their "lifestyle" and how they can connect well to each other.

M/M teams:
Boyfriends / surfers / Early 20s, both have abs, plays many sports, prepared (I wonder what the twinnies will think :lol:), have fallen in love when they were in college, Just so goddamn ADVENTUROUS & FUNNY GUYS!!! :kuss:
Single dads :hearts: / Mid-40s, superfans of show, both have been friends since meeting in a sales rep. workplace environment. Wives divorced them and left their children to the males, coincidences do happen.  :cmas4 :hearts:
Retired NFL or NBL players / friends / Played for different major league teams, nearly obvious for fitness, competitive drives, and agility, but wants to win to help out special needs kids and start an anti-bullying program for their small hometowns. So yeah, somewhat like the Globetrotters.

F/F teams:
Grandmothers / :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: Pre-faves, more competitive than Peggy & Claire, one is of British descent while other is African-American, talented in elderly lacrosse, chess, and musical instruments, wants to show viewers oldies can make it far in the race, if they win they want to help their grandchildren's education tuition
Former college roommates / best friends / One is a Hooters (former diner) waitress and has a PhD in social science, one is a college football cheerleader and also studying sports science, they want to show they have the brains, not the looks to get them far in the race.
--------------------------------------------------------
And here is my grueling and dreadful routing as some of you will obviously call it:

STARTING LINE: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (Germantown - Cricket Club)
Leg 1 (United States --> Germany) / Philadelphia to Cologne (Dusseldorf as Pit Stop location)
Leg 2 (Germany --> Finland) / to Helsinki
Leg 3 (Finland) / train to Tampere and Ylöjärvi (SWITCHBACK to season 10 muddy Detour)
Leg 4 (Finland --> Estonia --> Belarus) / train back to Helsinki, ferry to Tallinn, quick, bt exhausting Detour and Roadblock, double-length leg, fly to Minsk and drive to countryside farms for farming equipment themed tasks
Leg 5 (Belarus --> United Arab Emirates) / to Abu Dhabi
Leg 6 (United Arab Emirates) / drive to Dubai (featuring Al Apole Rab deserted island, Heritage Shindagha Village, and Deira Fish Market community as filleting/eating Roadblock and Pit Stop)
Leg 7 (United Arab Emirates --> Zimbabwe) / fly to Bulawayo in "Southern Rhodesia", wildlife and animal knowledge & products themed tasks
Leg 8 (Zimbabwe --> Brazil) / fly to Saõ Paulo, take bus to Foz do Iguaçu (national park tasks aside from the Roadblock in season 2)
Leg 9 (Brazil --> Peru) / to Lima (couple of tasks) and bus to Cuzco
Leg 10 (Peru) / drive to Juliaca and Puno (Pit Stop at Lake Titicaca lookout)
Leg 11 (Peru --> Bolivia) / row across the lake (while completing tasks) to Copacabana Munic., Bolivia and drive to La Paz (Pit Stop city)
Leg 12 (Bolivia --> United States) / to END CITY: Miami OR Fort Lauderdale (airport choices)
FINISH LINE: Big Cypress National Preserve

I think it might be a little better backwards, but nobody's perfect (and I'm not re-cutting and pasting all those leg descriptions on an iPhone...)