Author Topic: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**  (Read 1547178 times)

MrDeerShank

New route:

Leg 1: USA (Miami) -> Venezuela (Caracas)
Leg 2: Venezuela (Caracas)
Leg 3: Venezuela -> Bosnia and Herzegovina (Sarajevo)
Leg 4: Bosnia and Herzegovina -> Serbia (Novi Sad)
Leg 5: Serbia (Belgrade)
Leg 6: Serbia -> Bulgaria (Sofia)
Leg 7: Bulgaria -> Swaziland (Manzini)
Leg 8: Swaziland (Mkhaya Game Reserve)
Leg 9: Swaziland -> Tajikistan (Dushanbe)
Leg 10: Tajikistan -> Laos (Vientiane)
Leg 11: Laos -> Fiji (Suva)
Leg 12: Fiji -> USA (Denver)

I tried to make a route with all new countries :)

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I wish that TAR would cut out all of the gimmicky twists.. I just want to watch teams race around the world and do amazing challenges without the drama of U-turns, 'double your money' and express passes etc   :tantrum

Offline gigglypiggies

• RFF Jr. Member
IDK, the uturn is what made episode 3 so great. It was exciting and didn't even lead to anyone's elimination.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
IDK, the uturn is what made episode 3 so great. It was exciting and didn't even lead to anyone's elimination.

The purpose of a U-Turn is NOT to eliminate the team! As Phil says, its purpose is to push a team BEHIND, which in most cases it eliminates the team.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
The purpose of a U-Turn is NOT to eliminate the team! As Phil says, its purpose is to push a team BEHIND, which in most cases it eliminates the team.

OMG! I  :hrt: your avatar so much!! Raven!! YA NESTEA (YA NASTY!) LOL so much!  :lol3: :lol3:

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
 :hello2: everyone! I want to add one of my TAR route wishlists on here:

Leg 1 (USA --> Chile) / San Diego, CA to Santiago
* Starting Line task: Coronado Naval Base (Row raft in S.D. Bay, find clues w/ plane tickets)
Leg 2 (Chile --> Venezuela) / Caracas & El Avila National Park
Leg 3 (Venezuela) / Los Roques archipelago by assigned race ferries
Leg 4 (Venezuela --> France) / Paris & Dijon + Besancon area
Leg 5 (France --> Germany) / Stuttgart area... like in s16's mystery dest. bus
Leg 6 (Germany --> Algeria) / Algiers
Leg 7 (Algeria) / Atlas Mountains
Leg 8 (Algeria --> Kenya) / Nairobi
Leg 9 (Kenya --> Thailand) / Bangkok
Leg 10 (Thailand) / Kota Kinabalu
Leg 11 (Thailand --> Philippines) / Manila + Quezon City
Leg 12 (Philippines --> USA) / San Diego, CA
* Finish Line: Hotel del Coronado (yes, 'haunted' Kate Morgan hotel)

Looks similar to s16's route, but I would :hrt: this route.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
 :welcome2: to RFF RachelLeVega!  :hrt:  I'm glad you've joined us!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
:welcome2: to RFF RachelLeVega!  :hrt:  I'm glad you've joined us!

Thanks, I've been a 16 yr. TAR viewer (started watching and fan since s5) and I'm happy to join in on this forum.  :)
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline Charlie90

• RFF Full Member
Come on..instead of keep reusing the same recently visited countries they should make a route of countries they haven't used in ages! At least that would've take a bit of the disappointment of not having at least one new country. Give Kenya, Finland, Ukraine, Ecuador, Jamaica, Canada, Hungary, and a bunch of other barely-visited countries a chance.
Yes, i know China and India have a lot to offer, but seriously they need a rest. They're beautiful countries on their own but there is a lot other cultures too see. I'm enjoying the season so far, but they could have change China for the Philippines and Bangladesh for Sri Lanka.
Turkey and Spain, and to a extent France are the only countries that kinda save the route.

So if they repeat the no-new country route i hope they create and interesting route.

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
I had an 2 ideas.

My first one is just evil. 2 races will begin and run at the same time as each other. None of the teams will know that there is another race being run.  When each race has 4-6 teams left (both races need to have the same amount) the 2 race will merge and reset and the race will continue as normal. The twist would work espicaly well in special all star season with the 1st race being a TARUS all stars while the seacond race will be a International all stars season.
The 1st race will be hosted by Phil and 2nd race being hosted by either Alian Wu (who is the second most experenced TAR host with 7 seasons hosted; 4 TARA, 3 TARCR) or Grant Bowler(a fellow New Zealander of Phil and host of TARAU). When the two races merge Phil will continue to host solo or co-host with the second host.

Another twist (which isn't evil)is races that could be based on historical events or people in history.
Example: A silk road (which at some records say travels from Rome, Italy to Japan) based race will go from Italy thought Greace,Turkey,Egypt and the Middle East. Then onwards to India and China to Japan.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
The first idea is, frankly, horrible. The people from the US don't care at all for the Intl-TAR versions and I highly doubt people from Australia would care much about TARCR, TARA, TARP, TARI, TARV, TARU, TARN, TARLA or TARF and ditto from other places hosting TAR versions. And also, supposedly a team from TARLA is a Lumelia and extremely popular, however they only speak Spanish. When they get casted for this AS, the language barrier will stop them interacting with other teams and also with the non-Spanish viewers. This will be extremely annoying for the viewers that don't speak Spanish because I'm pretty sure that they don't really want to watch some Spanish speaking people surrounded by English speaking people especially like somewhere in Australia where practically nobody speaks Spanish.

The second idea is much better and I like the idea of themed races. The only problem is: how to incorporate the US into this. It's pretty pointless for a TAR to not start in its home country/region. And also countries along themed races are generally very similar (the reason why TAR doesn't spend too much time in each region) ie Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan, both along the Silk Road.

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
Ok say that all the team speak English for the 1st idea, would that make it better or maybe race 1 is a regular race and race 2 an all star race.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 08:13:52 AM by theamazingracer21 »

addie

No, lol. It's pretty bad and would cost tons of money.

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
The first idea is, frankly, horrible. The people from the US don't care at all for the Intl-TAR versions and I highly doubt people from Australia would care much about TARCR, TARA, TARP, TARI, TARV, TARU, TARN, TARLA or TARF and ditto from other places hosting TAR versions. And also, supposedly a team from TARLA is a Lumelia and extremely popular, however they only speak Spanish. When they get casted for this AS, the language barrier will stop them interacting with other teams and also with the non-Spanish viewers. This will be extremely annoying for the viewers that don't speak Spanish because I'm pretty sure that they don't really want to watch some Spanish speaking people surrounded by English speaking people especially like somewhere in Australia where practically nobody speaks Spanish.

The second idea is much better and I like the idea of themed races. The only problem is: how to incorporate the US into this. It's pretty pointless for a TAR to not start in its home country/region. And also countries along themed races are generally very similar (the reason why TAR doesn't spend too much time in each region) ie Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan, both along the Silk Road.

What???!!!!!

First, your statement sounds exactly like Jaime saying that China sucks just because of the language barrier. And is also childish; specially when there's a lot of ways to learn languages (ask Cindy and Ernie next time they chat with us about they're preparation for TAR19) to solve this fact.  I'm a native spanish speaker, but I also learned English in my school years - and French, but the basics of it -; so if aussies don't learn to speak Spahish as we do with the English during elementary and high school, it's not our problem, it's yours. 

Second, for the rest of your reasoning, totally agree with you. 
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Another route:

Leg 1: USA (Los Angeles) - New Zealand (Auckland)
Leg 2: New Zealand - Laos (Vientiane)
Leg 3: Laos (Pakse)
Leg 4: Laos - Vietnam (Hanoi)
Leg 5: Vietnam - India (Delhi -Chandigarh)
Leg 6: India (Shimla)
Leg 7: India - Jordan (Amman, Petra)
Leg 8: Jordan - Finland (Helsinki)
Leg 9: Finland - Morocco (Rabat)
Leg 10: Morocco (Rural leg)
Leg 11: Morocco - France (Nice)
Leg 12: Morocco - USA

Hmmm... I like the routing, but it's more like a revision of season 10.

One thing I would change for TAR routing is the Chile & Argentina pairing. I just don't like it whenever they travel to Chile, the route just has to go to Argentina.  :groan:
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 02:31:07 PM by RachelLeVega »

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
About themed races, I have to say that this reminds me a lot to Pekin Express. They have made some routes like the Dragon Route, something in South America, Africa Routes, there are enty of them. I just find them quite straightforward and with few transportation choices (if we thi pplaces are close to each other, is it feasible to take flights between them??)

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
I personally like Japan, I think BeNeLux could work sometime soon, there's a long time since Finland was last visited, I think Egypt also needs a visit, as well as some Arabian country (Arabian peninsula, that is), or Suthern India (rural, please).

Something like US to Central America, to Netherlands to Luxembourg to Finland to Egypt, to Qatar, Sri Lanka, somewhere else and Japan would definitely call my attention 100%.

Like the Caribbean, then Finland then Egypt... Then Japan, maybe Canada and US. Love climatic changes sooo much.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
ask Cindy and Ernie next time they chat with us about they're preparation for TAR19

i don't think theres gonna be a next time. lol

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep

What???!!!!!

First, your statement sounds exactly like Jaime saying that China sucks just because of the language barrier. And is also childish; specially when there's a lot of ways to learn languages (ask Cindy and Ernie next time they chat with us about they're preparation for TAR19) to solve this fact.  I'm a native spanish speaker, but I also learned English in my school years - and French, but the basics of it -; so if aussies don't learn to speak Spahish as we do with the English during elementary and high school, it's not our problem, it's yours. 

Second, for the rest of your reasoning, totally agree with you.

Yes, that's the point, it's our problem. 7 (The channel that airs TAR here) is not going to want to import a TAR edition full of teams that are speaking Chinese or French or Hebrew or Norwegian because they're a) cheapo and b) frankly, for the exact same amount that the average TARLA viewer cares about TARI: NOTHING.

Offline Jeff_

• RFF Jr. Member
My route to TAR 22

Leg 1: USA (Los Angeles) > New Zealand (Auckland)
Leg 2: New Zealand  > Vanuatu (Port Vila)
Leg 3: Vanuatu > Philippines (Manila)
Leg 4: Philippines (Quezon City)
Leg 5: Philippines > Laos (Vientiane)
Leg 6: Laos > Poland (Wrocław)
Leg 7: Poland (Łódź)
Leg 8: Poland > Portugal (Lisbon)   :conf:
Leg 9: Portugal > Angola (Benguela)
Leg 10: Angola (Luanda)
Leg 11: Angola > Mexico (Mexico City)   :conf:
Leg 12: Mexico > USA (Washington, D.C)
#TheMockingjayLives

Offline gigglypiggies

• RFF Jr. Member
2 races will begin and run at the same time as each other. None of the teams will know that there is another race being run.  When each race has 4-6 teams left (both races need to have the same amount) the 2 race will merge and reset and the race will continue as normal. The twist would work espicaly well in special all star season with the 1st race being a TARUS all stars while the seacond race will be a International all stars season.
The 1st race will be hosted by Phil and 2nd race being hosted by either Alian Wu (who is the second most experenced TAR host with 7 seasons hosted; 4 TARA, 3 TARCR) or Grant Bowler(a fellow New Zealander of Phil and host of TARAU). When the two races merge Phil will continue to host solo or co-host with the second host.

I'm sorry but I really don't like this idea. If TARUS merged with TARA halfway through, most viewers would want all the teams not from their country out first. I would at least. It isn't like I don't like Asians. But if you get to know all these teams and suddenly a bunch of teams you know nothing about are thrown in, it would be...well...not fun if one of them won. most people from the USA really don't care about who wins TARA. But if someone from TARA wins our version of the show, it would suck. Just like the all-star idea being thrown around for a while with 6 USA teams and 6 from other versions, the average viewer wouldn't know 6 teams and therefore, it wouldn't be much of an all stars season.

Offline choroneko

• RFF Full Member
  • It's super effective!
I would really love them to do 2 themed legs in Japan.

First would be a modern pop culture leg in Tokyo. A roadblock could be about animes, mangas or personally I think Pokemons would be super fun. A detour in Harajuku involving the gyarus or a choice between JPOP or JROCK.

Second leg would be a cultural one. Lots of choices to choose but Kyoto would be the ultimate. A drinking game with a maiko or dress up as a geisha, hah but this would be really weird. Maybe a creepy Halloween tasks involving Japanese ghosts or demons or Yokai as we call it.
Choroneko used Splash
Natalie & Nadiya | Jaymes & James | Abba & James

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Another route:

Leg 1: USA (Chicago) - Denmark (Copenhagen)
Leg 2: Denmark - Sweden (Stockholm)
Leg 3: Sweden - Latvia (Riga)
Leg 4: Latvia - Spain (Madrid)
Leg 5: Spain - Gambia (Banjul)
Leg 6: Gambia (Pitstop at the white beaches)
Leg 7: Gambia - India (Orissa)
Leg 8: India (Orissa)
Leg 9: India - Nepal (Kathmandu)
Leg 10: Nepal - Hong Kong
Leg 11: Hong Kong
Leg 12: Hong Kong - USA (Los Angeles)

Yes, please! We need another starting line in Chicago! :hoot: :hoot: :hoot: But I'm tired of Europe for some weird reason. I haven't watched season 2 yet, but I Wikipedia'd it and I love the non-Europe route. Maybe...  :umn:

Leg 1 (United States --> New Zealand) / Chicago to Auckland
Leg 2 (New Zealand) / Christchurch & Dunedin
Leg 3 (New Zealand --> Australia) / Tasmania
Leg 4 (Australia --> Philippines) / Manila & Quezon City
Leg 5 (Philippines --> Laos) / Vientiane
Leg 6 (Laos) / Random village :hearts:
Leg 7 (Laos --> Nepal) / Kathmandu
Leg 8 (Nepal --> Uganda) / Kampala
Leg 9 (Uganda) / Masaka & Bugala Island
Leg 10 (Uganda --> South Africa) / Johannesburg & Pretoria
Leg 11 (South Africa --> Peru) / Lima & Lake Titicaca themed  :lol3:
Leg 12 (Peru --> United States) / final dest. is San Antonio, Texas

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Another route:

Leg 1: USA (Los Angeles) - Ecuador (Guayaquil)
Leg 2: Ecuador - Brazil (Rio de Janeiro)
Leg 3: Brazil (Rio de Janeiro)
Leg 4: Brazil - Argentina (Mar del Plata)
Leg 5: Argentina - South Africa (Cape Town)
Leg 6: South Africa - Angola (Luanda)
Leg 7: Angola (Rural leg)
Leg 8: Angola - Kuwait
Leg 9: Kuwait - India (Chennai)
Leg 10: India (Rural Tamil Nadu)
Leg 11: India - South Korea (Busan)
Leg 12: South Korea - USA

NO Europe  :lol:

Nice route. We never got to see that much of Ecuador in all-stars.  :yess: No more Brazil and India though. We're basically emptied out of creative tasks in Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo. And I'm taking a break of India for now. South Korea is a cool first destination.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
Another route:

Leg 1: USA (Los Angeles) - Ecuador (Guayaquil)
Leg 2: Ecuador - Brazil (Rio de Janeiro)
Leg 3: Brazil (Rio de Janeiro)
Leg 4: Brazil - Argentina (Mar del Plata)
Leg 5: Argentina - South Africa (Cape Town)
Leg 6: South Africa - Angola (Luanda)
Leg 7: Angola (Rural leg)
Leg 8: Angola - Kuwait
Leg 9: Kuwait - India (Chennai)
Leg 10: India (Rural Tamil Nadu)
Leg 11: India - South Korea (Busan)
Leg 12: South Korea - USA

NO Europe  :lol:

I like it except for the no europe part.