Author Topic: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**  (Read 1546855 times)

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
Yeah, they should be back to Namibia again :jam:
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
Wish: Spend 4-5 legs in Africa for once, instead of spending 5+ legs in Europe and Asia on most seasons. :please:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline TARismyfavoriteshow

• RFF Jr. Member
  • You can call me Sam
I finally have my dream route. It's nothing fancy, I'm not picky about the cities.

starting line: Washington, D.C.
Wherever, Ireland
Aarhus, Denmark
Stockholm, Sweden
Prague, Czech Republic
Thessalonika, Greece
Wherever, Seychelles
Wherever, Singapore
Tokyo, Japan
Wherever, Vanuatu
Auckland, New Zealand
Wherever, Costa Rica
finish line: Orlando, Florida

It could happen!  :tup:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I finally have my dream route. It's nothing fancy, I'm not picky about the cities.

Wherever, Ireland
Aarhus, Denmark
Stockholm, Sweden
Prague, Czech Republic
Thessalonika, Greece
Wherever, Seychelles
Wherever, Singapore
Tokyo, Japan
Wherever, Vanuatu
Auckland, New Zealand
Wherever, Costa Rica

Looks spectacular! :colors

I'm the kind of person who LOVES Switchbacks, and there are lots of potential Switchbacks along that route (Ireland donkeys :badhorse: , Swedish haybales (Switch-Switch-Back), something similar to 'FRANZ' in Czech Republic, 'Ox Trot' in Seychelles, red bean in Costa Rica). :lol:

That would be an epic route! :yess:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Technically speaking 5 legs in Africa is possible.

Two in Egypt followed by a leg in Tanzania and then two legs in South Africa/Botswana.

Yeah, I would love something like that! :colors

Or even if they popped into a never-before-visited country as well, that would be nice. Kenya would be nice to see. It hasn't actually hosted any TAR tasks, even though teams have flown there. :tup:

I really enjoy Africa legs, so I'd really like them to spend a lot more time in Africa than they have in recent seasons... the last time that TAR spent 3 or more legs in Africa was on TAR10 (counting the islands of Madagascar and Mauritius) or TAR7 if you don't count those islands.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
more africa!!!!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 04:16:56 AM by supah3ro »

Offline choroneko

• RFF Full Member
  • It's super effective!
Wish: Spend 4-5 legs in Africa for once, instead of spending 5+ legs in Europe and Asia on most seasons. :please:

I made this Africa centric race route for you. :lol:

Starting line: Chicago, Illinois
Leg 1: Adelaide, Australia
Leg 2: Singapore
Leg 3: Bangalore, India
Leg 4: Rural Bangalore, India
Leg 5: Durban, South Africa
Leg 6: Cameroon
Leg 7: Cameroon
Leg 8: Cape Verde Islands
Leg 9: Morocco
Leg 10: Monaco
Leg 11: France - French Guyana
Finish Line: Houston, Texas

5 legs in Africa, 2 new African countries visited. I tried to make the African legs as diverse as possible. So we can see different parts of Africa.
Choroneko used Splash
Natalie & Nadiya | Jaymes & James | Abba & James

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I love the Africa-centric route, choroneko! :hearts:

supah3ro - I like the route, especially Nepal, Qatar, Uganda and Guatemala! The rest are great, too! :colors

Leafsfan - Spain <333 Gambia <333 Macedonia <333 Australia <333 The final leg going through Peru would be epic!!! :colors

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
correct me if I am wrong, but so far there have only been 5 all-female team winners in the entire amazing race franchise:

in order

1. Joe Jer and Zabrina (The Amazing Race Asia 1)
2. Patricia and Sane (The Amazing Race Brazil)
3. Nat and Kat (The Amazing Race 17)
4. Kisha and Jen (The Amazing Race 18)
5. Bar and Inna (The Amazing Race Israel 2)

I don't know why, but watching an all female team win (only seen 1, 3, and 4) is so incredibly satisfying because there is this dumb stereotypes that female teams are weak and unable to handle the race. While there are many who fulfill this, there are still a lot of great one (Dustin and Kandice, Charla and Mirna, Linda and Karen, etc..), not as much as the other types but there still there. There needs to be more all-female winners, that's my wish.
Bring on the 21!

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
can you guys help me give of list of countries race has vist yet

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
You can look that up zach.:)
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
will aslo need countries they have vist yet

Offline Charlie90

• RFF Full Member
There are some countries that would be difficult for the Race to visit. That's why i was surprised that TAR Au went to Cuba. Hopefully the US version will go there soon.
It really sucks that some countries have huge issues going on. Mexico for example, i really want the US Race to come again (Mainly cause i want to be a TAR detective)  :lol:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster

Wherever, Ireland
Aarhus, Denmark
Stockholm, Sweden
Prague, Czech Republic
Thessalonika, Greece
Wherever, Seychelles
Wherever, Singapore
Tokyo, Japan
Wherever, Vanuatu
Auckland, New Zealand
Wherever, Costa Rica

Singapore is a city-state but the route looks good!

Offline TARFansurvivor

• RFF Frantic Poster
Would love to see a season where the went around the World, without going to Asia.
Love The Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor.

Offline Katarzyna

• RFF Full Member
  • Sashay away!
Would love to see a season where the went around the World, without going to Asia.

It would be odd to miss the biggest continent. :lol: And besides, most of the most intense or most bizzare legs are always in Asia.
I would like them to visit India, and instead of taking cabs, they will drive their cars. :lol: Good luck with that.
Oh Brian, I can't wait til after dinner. Cos then we'll go home and you can watch me have my period.

Offline Charlie90

• RFF Full Member
I want them to visit another country in Oceania, besides Australia and New Zeland

Offline Katarzyna

• RFF Full Member
  • Sashay away!
For season 21, they really need to step up MORE! The show is getting a little boring. Thank goodness, season 20 has atleast drama to spice up a little. Their viewer ratings are decreasing. If they fall to the 7 million viewer mark, they might end the show.

Oh Brian, I can't wait til after dinner. Cos then we'll go home and you can watch me have my period.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster

I completely agree with this. They sometimes go three seasons without visiting a particular continent (e.g. TAR13-15 had no Africa and 16 didn't visit mainland Africa) so I'd like there to be just one season that completely avoided Asia, just to balance things out fairly. :tup: Geographically-speaking, it's quite hard to avoid Asia due to its size, but it is not impossible, so I'd like to see it for once!

addie

Route without Asia:

New York, USA - Essouira, Morocco
Essaouira, Morocco - Tanger, Morocco
Tanger, Morocco - Ronda, Spain
Ronda, Spain - Madrid, Spain
Madrid, Spain - Bled, Slovenia
Bled, Slovenia - Meteora, Greece
Meteora, Greece - Christchurch, New-Zealand
Christchurch, New-Zealand - Dunedin, New-Zealand
Dunedin, New-Zealand - Cusco, Peru
Cusco, Peru - Manaus, Brazil
Manaus, Brazil - Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago - Salt Lake City, Utah

Offline Katarzyna

• RFF Full Member
  • Sashay away!
For season 21, they really need to step up MORE! The show is getting a little boring. Thank goodness, season 20 has atleast drama to spice up a little. Their viewer ratings are decreasing. If they fall to the 7 million viewer mark, they might end the show.

How is it boring? I suggest they slow the race down. Comparing earlier seasons it seems like its rushed.

I guess I've seen too much of the amazing race and realized I'm seeing the same cycle. And nothing has really improved, instead it kinda looks like the show downgraded. That's why I want them to step up. Make interesting twists, and jaw dropping tasks. Or extra ordinary locations.
Antarctica perhaps. It is accessible via Argentina or Australia.

Also, I wished they made a 10th year anniversary season special.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster

How is it boring? I suggest they slow the race down. Comparing earlier seasons it seems like its rushed.

I guess I've seen too much of the amazing race and realized I'm seeing the same cycle. And nothing has really improved, instead it kinda looks like the show downgraded. That's why I want them to step up. Make interesting twists, and jaw dropping tasks. Or extra ordinary locations.
Antarctica perhaps. It is accessible via Argentina or Australia.

Also, I wished they made a 10th year anniversary season special.

I definitely agree Katarzyna, I feel like since Season 15, the race feels so rushed. I loved the old school TAR, and I dearly miss it
I don't know about every else, but Leg 7 of TAR20 felt a bit like old school TAR, I don't know why, maybe it was the conflict at the airport, or the magic of Tanzania, its just that the leg didn't feel rushed and I kinda liked it  :)

I mean the show isn't getting BORING, it's just that it somehow needs more.. excitement? I don't know, I mean some of the recent seasons have had a few fantastic legs, and then other legs it just seems like pre-production don't bother to try spice things up a bit

IMO TAR20 is a HUGE step up, even though the oldest racer is like 53 or something they've done a really good casting job, especially the FF teams (even though 2 of them didn't make it that far), the locations are diverse which I like, the challenges are pretty decent and there is always excitement (but that's one thing production can't make, that is the teams jobs, so I understand why some recent seasons have been a little dull), and I think TAR will regain its spark from here on

I team I wish for is Rin on the Rox, they are two Asian-American girls who are famous on  Youtube for singing (listen to them, they are great)
If they did race, I don't think they would make it far, but I still wouldn't mind watching them

The locations I am PRAYING for are
New Zealand
Peru (Lake Titicaca)
Slovenia
Philippines (Banaue Rice Terraces)
Sri Lanka again
Laos
Israel
Spain
Bhutan
Nepal
Ireland

and MORE AFRICA!!!!!!

Offline Telepek

• RFF Not So Newbie
Well, about the locations: mostly the countries that teams were not so often or at all [the race with new countries only would be awesome]: and of course since i am form Poland, absolutely polish leg is a definately a "must-be"! Hell, even in my city - Szczecin [recently i am in some weird state, when i see a combination of red and yellow my heart is beating faster :D]. And i think it's a very nice idea to do some two-countres legs, for example from Germany go to Poland, do detour, route info, and another route info, which tells you to fly Ukraine there do roadblock and pit-stop - more possibilties to teams place-swtching ;).

About the twists - re-watchinch TARAus1 gave an idea. Let's call it a "slower". A "Slower" would be received in the first task of the race [like they did on TAR19 with Taiwan], of course the last team would be having this. And in every stop during the race, where are clues there will 3 boxes, each contains an hourglass, and the team who is having the "slower" would have to choose one hourglas and wait time for the sand stopped pouring. [Of course the max amount of time would be max 30 min]. And after that, the team who has the "Slower" has the right to choose another team to have it of course you can only give an "slower" to the team, who has not received the next clue.

If that idea already been - i am very sorry for copying, just wanting to share with you guys. And of course sorry for bad english :).
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 04:35:40 PM by Telepek »

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
Leg 1 (United States - Bolivia)
- Starting Line @ Bonneville Salt Flats
- Pit Stop @ Salar de Uyuni
Leg 2 (Bolivia)
- Oruro
Leg 3 (Bolivia - Peru) NEL
- Lake Titicaca
Leg 4 (Peru - Armenia)
- Yerevan
Leg 5 (Armenia)
- outside Yerevan
Leg 6 (Armenia - Latvia) TBC
Leg 7 (Latvia - Poland)
- Krakow, Zakopane, Tatra Lakes
Leg 8 (Poland - Sri Lanka)
- Colombo area
Leg 9 (Sri Lanka) NEL
- Kandy area
Leg 10 (Sri Lanka - Japan)
Leg 11 (Japan - New Zealand)
- Pit Stop @ Milford Sound
Leg 12 (New Zealand - United States)
- Finish Line @ Bayou Bend Collection & Gardens in Houston, TX

This race was planned as if it were filmed during November-December
Please let me know what you think  :)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 07:22:45 AM by supah3ro »

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
12 Leg Race:

Leg 1: Miami (USA) to Ecuador (Galapagos Islands)
Leg 2: Ecuador (Guayaqui)
Leg 3: Ecuador-Netherlands (Amsterdam)
Leg 4: Netherlands-Hungary (Budapest)
Leg 5: Hungary (Szeged)
Leg 6: Hungary-Serbia (Novi Sad and Belgrade)
Leg 7: Serbia-Tunisia (Monastir, Sousse and surrounding areas).
Leg 8: Tunisia-Jordan (Amman and Petra)
Leg 9: Jordan-India (Banglore)
Leg 10: India (Chennai)
Leg 11: India-Australia TBC leg shown over two episodes (First Brisbane then onto Alice Springs and Uluru Rock)
Leg 12: Australia-USA (Any city)

Two new countries (Serbia and Jordan)

Love it!!!!  :hoot: