Author Topic: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**  (Read 1538345 times)

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
I really would love to see the return of the yield in every leg. I feel like there hasn't been enough tension between teams lately! Back in the day Charla/Mirna would be constantly fighting with Lance/Marshall and Colin/Christie.

It is a race for a million dollars!! Come on, stop being nice and play hard!

paldog123456

We need to see Italy again and make a first time visit to Serbia.

(I would love for the Serbia Pit Stop to be St. Sava's Church, the largest Serbian Orthodox church. It is amazing!)

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
I really would love to see the return of the yield in every leg. I feel like there hasn't been enough tension between teams lately! Back in the day Charla/Mirna would be constantly fighting with Lance/Marshall and Colin/Christie.

It is a race for a million dollars!! Come on, stop being nice and play hard!

So you want to see more joey and richard(tar au 1) teams

For tar 20 i would love to see the producers let us vote for our favrote leg in the history of all time.
the one with the most votes gets to apeare to the race angin
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 03:00:27 AM by theamazingracer21 »

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
Perusing travel sites, I came across a list of the World's Scariest Runways. I'd love for TAR have teams fly into this airport in Nepal:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/czmUIbg3N8o" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/czmUIbg3N8o</a>
Looks like fun! Hehe.

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I thought of a Twist called the Regulated Detour. It's where teams must sign up for a Detour, and only a limited number of spots are allowed. Also, no switching! For example, if 7 teams were left, the Detour A could only have 3 users, and Detour B four.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
heres my dream route
Leg 1: United States - England - South Africa
(STARTING LINE: ELLIS ISLAND IMMIGARTION MUSEUM [with new york skyline in background] olympic RB in England before heading to Cape Town)
PIT STOP: Dias Cross in Cape of Good Hope National Park
Leg 2: South Africa - Benin (NEL)
(Dantokpa Market!!! intersection at le port de peche)
PIT STOP: the beach outside Hotel Novotel Cotonou Orisha (where the coast meets the ocean)
Leg 3: Benin
(a leg in Ouidah, home of voodoo, and teams visit the port of no return and pay tribute)
PIT STOP: Snake Temple (teams must carry a real snake to the pit stop)
Leg 4: Benin - Finland
(a christmas themed leg in kakslauttnen!! a roadblock sorting through christmas lists!! a detour with reindeers and a FF where a team must finish a serving of Surstromming)
PIT STOP: Igloo Village Kakslauttanen (teams sleep in igloos at Pit Stop)
Leg 5: Finland - Serbia
(a visit to the BD Agro AD farm with a frustrating Detour and a Double U-Turn)
PIT STOP: Despot Stefan Tower in Belgrade
Leg 6: Serbia
(RASPBERRIES!!!! a tough detour involving rasberries [a third of the worlds raspberries are produced in Serbia])
PIT STOP: Saint Achillius Church in Arilje
Leg 7: Serbia - Turkey - Qatar (NEL)
(train from Belgrade to Istanbul, RB at Istanbul park, fly to qatar for detour in Khor Al Adaid)
PIT STOP: Museum of Islamic Art (buy a falcon bird at Souq Waqif and take it with you to the pit stop)
Leg 8: Qatar - Bhutan
(PARO TAKTSANG!!!!! and a RB where teams must learn the dance of the black hats)
PIT STOP: Tashichho Dzong
Leg 9: Bhutan - Laos (TBC)
(eating laos delicacies detour, fake pit stop)
PIT STOP: the village of Hat Yan
Leg 10: Laos
(physical detour at rice field, riding elephants across the Mekong)
PIT STOP: Wat Xieng Thong
Leg 11: Laos - South Korea
(a Route Info where teams must cross multiple tightropes from building to building to get to the pitstop)
PIT STOP: Busan Yachting Center (view of skyline behind Phil at Pit Stop)
Leg 12: South Korea - United States
PIT STOP (finish line): NEW POINT LOMA LIGHT IN SAN DIEGO!!!!

^ under each leg i have written SOME of the tasks teams will perform. there are lots more :D and if you dont think this race will work, ive written the whole thing out, and ive calculated transport and the race should last 23-25 days from April to May. hope you like it!!

:cmas9
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 12:08:11 AM by supah3ro »

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
Here's my two cents:
Starts with 12 teams and goes for 13 legs* (I like the 12 team seasons, and I feel they should bring the leg count back to 13).
Note: I personally count double-length legs as two separate legs, but denote them as one. (So, even though it may say 12 legs, it's actually 13, since one leg was twice as long).

Leg 1: New York City, U.S.A. to Buenos Aires, Argentina (EL- 11 teams remain) New York deserves to have a starting line, especially since it's season 20.  A good time to do a throw-back to the original.  Buenos Aires is also a good city that hasn't been visited since Season 7, and could easily field another leg.

Leg 2: Buenos Aires to North-West Argentina (EL- 10 teams remain) Central and Southern Argentina have been used a lot.  Would be nice to utilize this area, as well.  Also, a good time to do a Switchback of the meat eating Roadblock from Season 7.  It also, helps us transition to our next location.

Leg 3: Salta, Argentina to Asuncion, Paraguay (EL- 9 teams remain/U-turn #1) New location, with several possibilities in terms of tasks.  Throw in a U-turn here to maybe spice things up a little.

Leg 4: Paraguay to Rome, Italy to Vatican City (NEL- 9 teams remain) Rome definitely deserves another visit, especially since it hasn't been used since Season 1, and on top of that, was only used in a couple "find the monument" tasks on that season.  Also, an actual stop in the Holy See would be nice.  Even a pitstop would suffice.

Leg 5: Rome to Pompeii/Naples/Capri, Italy (EL- 8 teams remain) I love to see the Mediterranean coast.  And this leg would feature it prominently.  Have clues and tasks throughout the region, and maybe end on the Isle of Capri.

Leg 6: Naples, Italy to Riga, Latvia (EL-7 teams remain) I'm actually quite surprised Latvia has yet to be used.  Most likely similar to the Lithuanian (S12), and Estonian (S15) from before.  Also, could be considered the "cold leg" of the season, since it would be winter up there.

Leg 7a: Riga, Latvia to Nairobi, Kenya (DL- 7 teams remain) This will be a double-length leg, or super leg as some call it.  Have the majority of this half of the leg in and around Nairobi with the midpoint within the city.

Leg 7b: Kenya (EL- 6 teams remain) Move from the city onto a national park or game preserve.  Have a task or two based off of the animals native to the region.

Leg 8: Nairobi, Kenya to Male, Maldives (EL- 5 teams remain) I feel there needs to be at least one tropical location per season, and this country would be a perfect fit for just that.

Leg 9: Male, Maldives to Christchurch, New Zealand (EL- 4 teams remain/U-turn #2)  Love seeing the green hills of New Zealand, and think that they would look wonderful in HD.  Also, they haven't been to the Southern Island in a while.

Leg 10: Christchurch, New Zealand to Chengdu, China (NEL- 4 teams remain) I feel this city is a must see in China, and a little (not very) surprised it hasn't been visited quite yet.  Many food and cultural tasks can be done here.

Leg 11: Sichuan, China (EL- 3 remain)  Not necessarily staying just to Chengdu, but traveling around the region.  Again, plenty of tasks that could be used for this area.

Leg 12: Chengdu, China to Vancouver, Canada to Seattle, U.S.A. (Finale) I believe Vancouver could be a wonderful intermediate location.  Have a couple of tasks in the downtown area before taking the ferry from Victoria across to Seattle.  Have one or two more tasks in Seattle (final memory challenge please).

11 countries (including U.S.A.): 3 of which are completely new (Paraguay, Latvia, the Maldives), 2 with actual visits for the first time (Vatican City and Kenya), 3 more that haven't been visited in several to many seasons (Italy, New Zealand, Canada), and the last two visiting new regions within the country (Salta, Argentina and Sichuan, China).

what are the odds?!?! change the starting line to Los Angeles and this race could ACTUALLY be happening right now (TAR20) up to the end of Leg 5!!  :cmaslol
im actually hoping that this is the route for TAR20, and it does seem possible (except Kenya)

i actually really like this race!! nice work  :cmas16

Offline Ouagadougou

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • The Amazing Race
 :cmaslol

my ultimate race course.... wish list for Amazing Race 20....

Strating Line: Balboa National Park, San Diego, California, USA

Leg 1:
San Diego, California, USA -----> Auckland, New Zealand
Pit stop: Pukekohe (Colin Lawrie Fields)

Leg 2:
Auckland, New Zealand ------> Manila, Philippines
Pit Stop: Intramuros (Fort Bonifacio)

Leg 3:
Manila, Philippines ------> Cebu, Philippines
Pit Stop: Cebu (Magellan's Cross)

Leg 4:
Cebu, Manila -----> Kathmandu, Nepal
Pit Stop: Kathmandu (Hotel Vajra)

Leg 5:
Kathmandu, Nepal -----> Astana, Kazakhstan
Pit Stop: Astana (Beiterek Tower- Tree of Life)

Leg 6:
Astana, Kazakhstan
Pit Stop: Astana (Pyramid of Peace)

Leg 7:
Astana, Kazakhstan ------> Tel Aviv, Israel -----> Jerusalem, Israel
Pit Stop: Jerusalem (Dome of the Rock)

Leg 8:
Jerusalem, Israel -----> Tel Aviv, Israel -----> Luanda, Angola
Pit Stop: Luanda (Museu da Escravatura)

Leg 9:
Luanda, Angola
Pit Stop: Luanda (San Miguel Fort)

Leg 10:
Luanda, Angola -----> Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy
Pit Stop: Cagliari (Necropoli di Tuvixeddu)

Leg 11:
Sardinia, Italy -----> Milan, Italy -----> San Jose, Costa Rica
Pit Stop: San Jose (Bullet Marked Fortress)

Leg 12:
San Jose, Costa Rica -----> Philadelphia, New Jersey, USA
Pit Stop: Philadelphia (Fairmount Park)

-polished and calculated... i hope any of my chosen countries will be visited....
the Amazing Racer will race for an adventure of a lifetime....

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
San Pedro, Los Angeles-China
China
China-MONGOLIA
MONGOLIA-Nepal
Nepal-India
India
India-Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia-Italy
Italy-France
France
France-UK
Uk-Thousand Oaks

THIS IS MIND
http://www.travellerspoint.com/member_map.cfm#/tripid/303167

Offline StephenWasHere

• RFF Full Member
  • *gasp* You are SUCH a liar, Tom!
Here's another one I thought of...Mind you all though that the probability for spoilers along with feasibility wasn't really thought through.

Starting Line: Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco, California, USA

Leg 1: San Francisco, California -> Auckland, New Zealand (12-11 teams)
Leg 2: Auckland, New Zealand -> Sydney, Australia -> Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea (Double-Leg, 11-10 teams)
Leg 3: Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea -> Vientiane, Laos (10-9 teams, W-Turn)
Leg 4: Vientiane, Laos -> Thimphu, Bhutan (NEL)
Leg 5: Thimphu, Bhutan -> Male, Maldives (9-8 teams)
Leg 6: Male, Maldives -> Johannesburg, South Africa -> Maseru, Lesotho (Double-Leg, 8-7 teams)
Leg 7: Maseru, Lesotho -> Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (NEL)
Leg 8: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (7-6 teams, FF, Double Yield)
Leg 9: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia -> Skopje, Macedonia -> Yerevan, Armenia (Double-Leg, Double-U-Turn, 6-5 teams)
Leg 10: Yerevan, Armenia -> Amsterdam, The Netherlands (NEL)
Leg 11: Amsterdam, The Netherlands -> Stockholm, Sweden (5-4 teams)
Leg 12: Stockholm, Sweden -> Toronto, Canada (4-3 teams)
Leg 13: Toronto, Canada -> Washington, D.C., USA (Final 3) (Finish Line would be FedEx Field)
TAR25- Shelley/Nici, Amy/Maya, Kym/Alli, Keith/Whitney
Survivor SJDS: Natalie, Jeremy, Baylor

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
The Amazing Race: 60+ with only old people. Could be sooo entertaining!! :lol3:

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster

The Amazing Race: Golden Oldies!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞

EPIC <3
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3

EPIC <3

THIS SO MUCH!

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Something I liked in TAR 19 (and to a degree, TAR 18 albeit with poor choice of countries) is the number of double legs in a particular place allowing for a greater exploration of the area. Based on this, here's a route I came up with.

Visual version

START: Big Bear Lake, California

Leg 1: US to Canaima, Venezuela (charter flights from Caracas, tasks in and around Angel Falls)
Leg 2: Canaima, Venezuela to Caracas, Venezuela (charter flights from Canaima ensuring that the leg is run during the day)
Leg 3: Caracas, Venezuela to Lima, Peru
Leg 4: Lima, Peru to Kinderdijk, Netherlands (via Amsterdam and Rotterdam)
Leg 5: Kinderdijk, Netherlands to Zagreb, Croatia to Ljubljana, Slovenia
Leg 6: Ljubljana, Slovenia to Bled, Slovenia
Leg 7: Bled, Slovenia to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Leg 8: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia to Gondar, Ethiopia
Leg 9: Gondar, Ethiopia to Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
Leg 10: Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan to Bukhara, Uzbekistan (via Tashkent)
Leg 11: Bukhara, Uzbekistan to Johor Bahru, Malaysia (via Kuala Lumpur)
Leg 12: Johor Bahru, Malaysia to San Jose, California (via Kuala Lumpur and San Francisco)

FINISH: Grant Ranch Park, Mt. Hamilton, California

Yes, only 9 countries (non US) are visited, but 4 are new, 3 others have only been visited once and the other two haven't been visited recently (15 and 16) and explore new locations.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 06:01:41 PM by Zack. »

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
That should be your next game, Aussie <3 :lol:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
A start/finish somewhere besides California. It's all starting to all look the same.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
That should be your next game, Aussie <3 :lol:

Don't give me any ideas.  :cmaslol

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
My main wish is for TAR to visit Armenia. I've been waiting for so long, so I really hope they pop in there at some point! :cmaslol

Other than that, I would love for them to take the idea of TAR3 - only visit countries that have never been visited before! It was much easier to do during TAR3, because very few countries had been visited so far, but it would be a very unique and interesting race if they could do it at any point in the future! :cmas16
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Flamant

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Lumilia <3
My main wish is for TAR to visit Armenia. I've been waiting for so long, so I really hope they pop in there at some point! :cmaslol

Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan. Would love a Causasus country. Wonder why they never visited one. They are pretty safe, no?

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥

Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan. Would love a Causasus country. Wonder why they never visited one. They are pretty safe, no?

I can't be 100% sure of the others, but I was in Armenia just last year, and my sister was there just 2 months ago. It is completely safe there, especially if teams stay in the capital city of Yerevan. Even if they ventured out of Yerevan, there's a bit of poverty, but no real danger.

I hope TAR goes there soon!! :hearts:
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline smiley

• RFF Frantic Poster
Here's my route map, along with breakdown of teams left - 11 teams start

Start: Bug Light, Portland, Maine
Leg 1: Portland, Maine, USA -> New Quay, Wales, United Kingdom [11 teams left]*NEL #1
Leg 2: New Quay, Wales, United Kingdom -> Dundee, Scotland [10 teams left]
Leg 3: Dundee, Scotland -> Amsterdam, Netherlands [9 teams left]
Leg 4: Amsterdam, Netherlands -> Niamey, Niger [8 teams left] [New Country #1]
Leg 5: Niamey, Niger -> Arusha, Tanzania [7 teams left]
Leg 6: Arusha, Tanzania -> Nairobi, Kenya [6 teams left]
Leg 7: Nairobi, Kenya -> Kathmandu, Nepal [6 teams left] [New Country #2]*NEL #2
Leg 8: Kathmandu, Nepal -> Yangon, Myanmar [5 teams left] [New Country #3]
Leg 9: Yangon, Myanmar -> Nan, Thailand [4 teams left] [via Bangkok, with the majory of the leg being there]
Leg 10: Nan, Thailand -> Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei [4 teams left]*NEL #3 [New Country #4]
Leg 11: Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei -> Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea [3 teams left] [New Country #5]
Leg 12: Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea -> Calistoga, California

So ya, here's a map:

http://www.travellerspoint.com/member_map.cfm?user=smileyriley14&tripid=305344

As you can tell, there are 5 previously unvisited countries. NEL's are spead apart - Leg 1, Leg 7, and Leg 10.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 04:57:09 PM by smiley »

Offline ZouLy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • RFF's TAR Indonesia Representative
Here's my route map, along with breakdown of teams left - 11 teams start

Start: Bug Light, Portland, Maine
Leg 1: Portland, Maine, USA -> New Quay, Wales, United Kingdom [11 teams left]*NEL #1
Leg 2: New Quay, Wales, United Kingdom -> Dundee, Scotland [10 teams left]
Leg 3: Dundee, Scotland -> Amsterdam, Netherlands [9 teams left]
Leg 4: Amsterdam, Netherlands -> Niamey, Niger [8 teams left] [New Country #1]
Leg 5: Niamey, Niger -> Arusha, Tanzania [7 teams left]
Leg 6: Arusha, Tanzania -> Nairobi, Kenya [6 teams left]
Leg 7: Nairobi, Kenya -> Kathmandu, Nepal [6 teams left] [New Country #2]*NEL #2
Leg 8: Kathmandu, Nepal -> Yangon, Myanmar [5 teams left] [New Country #3]
Leg 9: Yangon, Myanmar -> Nan, Thailand [4 teams left] [via Bangkok, with the majory of the leg being there]
Leg 10: Nan, Thailand -> Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei [4 teams left]*NEL #3 [New Country #4]
Leg 11: Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei -> Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea [3 teams left] [New Country #5]
Leg 12: Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea -> Calistoga, California

So ya, here's a map:

http://www.travellerspoint.com/member_map.cfm?user=smileyriley14&tripid=305344

As you can tell, there are 5 previously unvisited countries. NEL's are spead apart - Leg 1, Leg 7, and Leg 10.

That's a pretty good route smiley  ;)
Love to see TAR US visiting Brunei and PNG...

I also really  :hrt: to see them catch a glimpse on Mount Kilimanjaro in Kenya, Africa ...
TAR Aus Season 5 | Tough As Nails Season 2