Author Topic: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**  (Read 1538665 times)

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
^^ Your youtube link is not working for me...
The link is messed up - someone needs to learn how to use the interwebs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=VThHikweLMc
Its a UNESCO video for Kronborg Castle.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
Is a full leg in Canada too much to ask for? I know season 5 went to Canada in the final leg, but why can't there be a pit stop there? The Family Edition only stayed in North America but there was only one leg there.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
I want to see Lukla, Nepal visited. It would be really interesting seeing them fly into the world's most dangerous airport and they could also do some Everest themed tasks.

Offline Dom

• RFF Timeliner
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
A good place to map your dream routes: http://www.travellerspoint.com/member_map.cfm :tup:

Good choice of website.. If you go to the homepage, my photo of a lion statue is the main one featured!

Offline GabyM

• RFF Full Member
Is a full leg in Canada too much to ask for? I know season 5 went to Canada in the final leg, but why can't there be a pit stop there? The Family Edition only stayed in North America but there was only one leg there.
I want to see Canada too...some of my friends are from there, and they all say that it's very nice there :)

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I want to see Lukla, Nepal visited. It would be really interesting seeing them fly into the world's most dangerous airport and they could also do some Everest themed tasks.
I've flown into Lukla. Scariest airport ever. :iok
They would have to provide a change of knickers for the racers.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
I've flown into Lukla. Scariest airport ever. :iok
They would have to provide a change of knickers for the racers.

:lol3:  :lol3:

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
My idea for fun~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think producers of TAR can pick up some elements from The Mole and provide for the fans an online quasi-The-Mole game, maybe called “Guess Who the Mysterious Guy is?

Just pick up one contestant from the final winning team as “the Mysterious Guy”. After each episode the host gives out a quiz which consists of 10 questions concerning this contestant. For example, it could be questions like “Which position was the Mysterious Team in when they arrived at the Detour?” or “Is the Mysterious Guy male or female?” or “Did the Mysterious Guy do the RB on this episode?” Fans who have registered in this game can then get online and answer the questions. 5% of them that score lowest are eliminated. Finally, the fan that has passed all quizzes through and scores highest in the final quiz is the Winner of the Fans, who can get a special gift from TAR crew.

We can also develop a twist for this game like “exemption.” For example, fans who have successfully predicted the team that arrives at the pit stop in a certain position in the following lap can get an exemption. For instance, maybe fans that have successfully picked out the 4th team in Leg 1 get an exemption for Leg 1 of Guessing Who the Mysterious Guy Is, and those who have successfully picked out the 2nd team in Leg 2 get an exemption for Leg 2, etc.

Fans that have been eliminated can also participate in the quiz next round, but these people will not be counted as “contestants that are still running" in this game. They’re ineligible for the final prize.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Sounds like Kandace's Devil Twist. :snicker:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
Sounds like Kandace's Devil Twist. :snicker:

Well... What's that? ???
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline doedoe

• RFF Not So Newbie
It was like George Washington deciding to have his birthday be a national holiday for no reason. Stalin did the same with Stalingrad.

Maybe I am reading this wrong, so I am sorry if so...but, Washington's birthday holiday was made official 1/31/1879 by Congress.  Washington died in 1799.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
I am just impressed you are reading something from 2 years ago! :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline doedoe

• RFF Not So Newbie

oops,,,new here.  I didn't notice date.  Sorry!
p.s.  Love this site!!!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞

p.s.  Love this site!!!

Glad to see you posting here, doedoe! :waves:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

p.s.  Love this site!!!

How wonderful you found it! :bigwelcome to RFF!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
One thing I was thinking about yesterday that any version of TAR should do is give out more Race powers as Pit Stop prizes, like they already do with the Express Pass. Sort of like what we fantasy game hosts do. :snicker:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
I would prefer LESS. :lol: I hate the tricks...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline maf

• RFF TAR Chronicler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
When it comes to the teams I know what my wish is. I wish for 11 interesting teams made up of ordinary people.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
When it comes to the teams I know what my wish is. I wish for 11 interesting teams made up of ordinary people.

AMEN to that! Won't happen though...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster

The problem is that ordinary people aren't really that interesting.
Its the extraordinary people who are larger than life that get cast.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
My favorite people on TAR are the ones who started out as ordinary people...not the stunt casted. But in this day and age CBS/WRP clearly believe that they need the ratings help of YouTube bloggers, athletes, BQ's, and others who have some sort of following already.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
A fan in China comes up with an idea of setting a new mission called "SPLIT", a variation of RB.

This kind of mission requires that one contestant of a team do one task in a place and his/her teammate do another task in another place, and then they go to a certain place to meet again, and get the next clue.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
Since TAR20 would start filming possibly in November/December.  Here is my wish route:

Starting Line: International Rose Test Gardens, Portland, Oregon, USA
Leg 1: Dusseldorf, Germany (connect via Amsterdam or Detroit)
Leg 2: Madrid, Spain
Leg 3: Libreville, Gabon "new country"
Leg 4: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Leg 5: Kochi, Kerala, India
Leg 6: Trivandrum & Kanyakumari, Tamil Nadu, India
Leg 7: Vientiane, Laos "new country"
Leg 8: Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
Leg 9: Wellington, New Zealand
Leg 10: Dunedin/Queenstown, New Zealand
Leg 11: Nadi, Fiji "new country"
Final Leg: Honolulu, Hawaii "Intermediate Stop" & Houston, Texas, USA
Finish Line: Memorial Park-Houston Arbortoreum
                        -Continents: 5- -Countries: 10 (3 new)-

DavidJunior

Here's my two cents:
Starts with 12 teams and goes for 13 legs* (I like the 12 team seasons, and I feel they should bring the leg count back to 13).
Note: I personally count double-length legs as two separate legs, but denote them as one. (So, even though it may say 12 legs, it's actually 13, since one leg was twice as long).

Leg 1: New York City, U.S.A. to Buenos Aires, Argentina (EL- 11 teams remain) New York deserves to have a starting line, especially since it's season 20.  A good time to do a throw-back to the original.  Buenos Aires is also a good city that hasn't been visited since Season 7, and could easily field another leg.

Leg 2: Buenos Aires to North-West Argentina (EL- 10 teams remain) Central and Southern Argentina have been used a lot.  Would be nice to utilize this area, as well.  Also, a good time to do a Switchback of the meat eating Roadblock from Season 7.  It also, helps us transition to our next location.

Leg 3: Salta, Argentina to Asuncion, Paraguay (EL- 9 teams remain/U-turn #1) New location, with several possibilities in terms of tasks.  Throw in a U-turn here to maybe spice things up a little.

Leg 4: Paraguay to Rome, Italy to Vatican City (NEL- 9 teams remain) Rome definitely deserves another visit, especially since it hasn't been used since Season 1, and on top of that, was only used in a couple "find the monument" tasks on that season.  Also, an actual stop in the Holy See would be nice.  Even a pitstop would suffice.

Leg 5: Rome to Pompeii/Naples/Capri, Italy (EL- 8 teams remain) I love to see the Mediterranean coast.  And this leg would feature it prominently.  Have clues and tasks throughout the region, and maybe end on the Isle of Capri.

Leg 6: Naples, Italy to Riga, Latvia (EL-7 teams remain) I'm actually quite surprised Latvia has yet to be used.  Most likely similar to the Lithuanian (S12), and Estonian (S15) from before.  Also, could be considered the "cold leg" of the season, since it would be winter up there.

Leg 7a: Riga, Latvia to Nairobi, Kenya (DL- 7 teams remain) This will be a double-length leg, or super leg as some call it.  Have the majority of this half of the leg in and around Nairobi with the midpoint within the city.

Leg 7b: Kenya (EL- 6 teams remain) Move from the city onto a national park or game preserve.  Have a task or two based off of the animals native to the region.

Leg 8: Nairobi, Kenya to Male, Maldives (EL- 5 teams remain) I feel there needs to be at least one tropical location per season, and this country would be a perfect fit for just that.

Leg 9: Male, Maldives to Christchurch, New Zealand (EL- 4 teams remain/U-turn #2)  Love seeing the green hills of New Zealand, and think that they would look wonderful in HD.  Also, they haven't been to the Southern Island in a while.

Leg 10: Christchurch, New Zealand to Chengdu, China (NEL- 4 teams remain) I feel this city is a must see in China, and a little (not very) surprised it hasn't been visited quite yet.  Many food and cultural tasks can be done here.

Leg 11: Sichuan, China (EL- 3 remain)  Not necessarily staying just to Chengdu, but traveling around the region.  Again, plenty of tasks that could be used for this area.

Leg 12: Chengdu, China to Vancouver, Canada to Seattle, U.S.A. (Finale) I believe Vancouver could be a wonderful intermediate location.  Have a couple of tasks in the downtown area before taking the ferry from Victoria across to Seattle.  Have one or two more tasks in Seattle (final memory challenge please).

11 countries (including U.S.A.): 3 of which are completely new (Paraguay, Latvia, the Maldives), 2 with actual visits for the first time (Vatican City and Kenya), 3 more that haven't been visited in several to many seasons (Italy, New Zealand, Canada), and the last two visiting new regions within the country (Salta, Argentina and Sichuan, China).