Author Topic: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**  (Read 1547603 times)

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I started thus thread to see if anyone has any ideas for a new TAR twist. I thought of the one-way street. It comes before a detour, and you can use it to force one team to do one side of the detour.

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
The Roundabout, which is a U-turn after a Roadblock.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
More Switchbacks!
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
I don't know if we really need any new twists, but if anything, I would like to see a one-time pass given to teams at the starting line that allows them to change the Roadblock participant, but with the catch that before the second team member starts, they must wait out a time penalty (30 minutes or an hour) and that all progress their teammate made in completing the Roadblock is lost and the second person must completely start over from the beginning of the task. Other than that, I also like the idea a few people have mentioned of the Roundabout.

It's kinda funny to read back this thread all the way from the beginning and seeing which predictions have come true. :)
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
I would like a season with no faux twists at all...just good racing. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
Countries/Cities they HAVE to visit

*Indonesia (Its so huge and they keep missing it  :groan:)
*Amazon Rain Forest
*Luxembourg
*Tasmania
*Some Oceania Islands (Polynesia)
*Canada (more please?)
*Denmark (you keep going to Scandinavia and pass right over it)

Some New twists/updated twists

*More Fast Forwards (its turned into "Ooh a Fast Forward!" instead of "should we use it later or now?"
*Bring back the Yield!! (Look above ^)
*More U-Turns (maybe a 2 reg,2 blind, and 2 double?)
* A task that could earn an express pass, more money, or another COP photo?

Just some suggestions :)

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?

*Indonesia (Its so huge and they keep missing it  :groan:)
*Tasmania

Indonesia gets passed over for safety and security reasons, I think. As for Tasmania, to put it bluntly, there's nothing there. Unless you want to have teams driving from one end of the state to the other to reach things to do, there's not enough there (especially in the winter) to put together a whole leg.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY

*Indonesia (Its so huge and they keep missing it  :groan:)
*Tasmania

Indonesia gets passed over for safety and security reasons, I think. As for Tasmania, to put it bluntly, there's nothing there. Unless you want to have teams driving from one end of the state to the other to reach things to do, there's not enough there (especially in the winter) to put together a whole leg.

Yeah but TARAsia visits it :(
We can only hope

The only threat is in the Sulawesis (which is that island thing off of Borneo) where there is religion conflicts and stuff)
but Jakarta is safe!

and I see lots of things to do in Tasmania! centered around Hobart and Port Author  

Edit: Another reason for the US to not visit is you must have a 6 month validation on your passport and an onward/return ticket http://www.flightstats.com/go/TravelPlanning/consularInformationSheet.do?countryCode=ID&issuingCountryCode=US

Which they could do that if they gave them tickets to their next destination or somethin

OR they can buy a 10 day visa thing (which is like 100$) and they can be in and out in no time :) especially if its an uber leg :)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 09:17:03 PM by Kandace_KML »

Offline narupley

• RFF Not So Newbie
I'm looking forward to a "TAR: Bat**** Insane Edition"!

Flo/Zach
Colin/Christie
Charla/Mirna
Adam/Rebecca
Jonathan/Victoria (enough narcissism/insanity for two teams, easily)
Lake/Michelle
Lisa/Joni
David/Mary
Mark/Michael
Daniel/Jordan
Carol/Brandy
Nick/Vicki

Now THAT would be entertaining. I think most episodes would sound somewhere along the lines of a Linkin Park track (doesn't matter which one since they're all the same, obviously).

Offline CrazyMonkey

• RFF Not So Newbie
My holimate horror villians season lol:

Jonothan and Victoria
Flo and Zach
Colin & Christie
Rob & Amber
Carol and Brandy
Nate and Jen
Tara and Will
Jet and Cord (I don't care what people say I cannot stand them) :yess:
Jamie and Cara
Linda and Rolly Weaver
Freddy and Kendra
Adam and Rebacca

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
I wonder if they would ever consider adding a second leg in the US, back in the race. Not every season, but every now and then. Either in the beginning, go from LA to somewhere in the US (kind of like the first leg of TARA 3 that stayed within Thailand), or in the second from the last leg (like in the first 2 seasons).

But I'm guessing it's a little too Family Edition-ish to the producers.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
That might be a good idea.. depending how it would work out, and literally for the first time.. racers get to race.. but won't get to leave the USA! Better than a start-line elimination anyway...

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
All I want is 9 foreign countries each season. Of them 3 should be new countries (I would love to see some N. American/Caribbean countries), and 3-4 should be countries that have been not so recently visited but def. have lots of culture (e.g. Ecuador, Greece, Egypt after the revolutions die down, even Italy).

Also, no more China.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
My wishes are just simple:

1. Memorable cast
2. Memorable tasks
3. Memorable locations (doesn't need to be new. Moar China and India!)
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Antarctica, dammit! :funny:
This Now and Forever FTW!

Online redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
Marked Express Pass. Basically like the Express Pass, only that the team that uses it gets a 30-min penalty at the pit stop.

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
Since TAR19 will film this late Spring or Summer.  My idea is to have the race visit 4 continents/3 new countries and start/finish not on the west coast or east coast USA.

Start: Houston, Texas, USA
Leg 1: Dusseldorf, Germany
Leg 2: Cologne/Bonn, Germany
Leg 3: Copenhagen, Denmark
Leg 4: Riga, Latvia
Leg 5: Goa, India
Leg 6: Chiang Mai, Thailand
Leg 7: rural Chiang Mai Province
Leg 8: Okinawa, Japan
Leg 9: Palau (task at Jellyfish Lake)
Leg 10: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Leg 11: Vancouver, BC
Leg 12: Salt Lake City, Utah

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
The 19th Season is only a few months away from filming and right now they are scouting for possible destinations.  This is not a "Wish List," this is for predictions/ideas on the course for TAR19.  So don't add things like Antarctica, pit stop at my house, and so on; okay!!

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
To start this off, here is my predictions for the route:
-They should start in places where they haven't been to before like Minneapolis, Houston, or Atlanta
-Helsinki since TAR10 should be a good start and it should have a Pit Stop
-Denmark has been ignored for the past 18 seasons and we need it
-Lisbon, Portugal since TAR3
-Gabon near the Equator in Africa
-I don't mind another couple of stops in India like Hyderabad and Triviandrum
-A revisit to Vietnam and especially Central Vietnam like Da Nang and the former DMZ area
-Kuching on the island of Borneo in Malaysia
-Fiji after 18 seasons we haven't seen a new country in Oceania yet
-Vancouver, BC the olympics just happened over a year ago and two legs are plausible here
-Finish like in the Mountain or Central time zone cities

Offline cosmophobia

• RFF Jr. Member
I hate the fact that,being a summer season, they may completely skip South America, so I guess we're not watching SA for a while. And there are still so many places to go (Uyuni salt pit in Bolivia, Amazon, Venezuela, Glaciers in southern Chile[they were so close in TAR11 and blew it  :groan: ]), but they keep going to repeated or lame places there, I just canīt understand it.

I think we need a really good dosis of Spain (let's be honest, they just did a Barcelona detour and a long drive with the dieselgate, nothing more), please Denmark (completely ignored, god knows why) and the Easter Islands (one of the few international landmarks remaining unvisited).

PLEASE no more India or China for a while or my brains will explode(unless they go to Tibet or something extremely remote)

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
I would like the Final 4 to be Kent & Vyxsin, Jet & Cord, Gary & Mallory and Ron & Christina.  :snicker:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
To start this off, here is my predictions for the route:
-They should start in places where they haven't been to before like Minneapolis, Houston, or Atlanta

Production knows better than to start in Peach's home city.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Due to the flight partners the race uses,I have always felt that Atlanta would make a far better Finale city than start... have just the place for the PitStop!! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
One year they will take you up on your dare!

....and you'll be there taking photos of the finish line through the bushes.  :lol3:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline inomu

• RFF Full Member
The race planners really hate Balkan area, they've only visited in Romania and Croatia in that area. I really want more visits there, it's amazingly beautiful everywhere in that area - mountains of Bulgaria, coast of Montenegro, Plitvice lakes in Croatia, Skocjan caves in Slovenia, Ohrid lake region in Macedonia, still isolated Albania, northern Romania... And of course they should visit in Denmark, Belgium, Luxembourg and Latvia. It's really amazing how they have avoided Denmark and Belgium, it really is. And more Spain!!!

And no more visits in China, India and Russia. Only seasons 3, 8 and 15 have avoided these countries... well, 8 and 15 suck but 3 is amazing season so that proves you don't need those 3 countries to make a good season  :snicker:

-Helsinki since TAR10 should be a good start and it should have a Pit Stop

Ooh, I like that   :colors