Author Topic: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**  (Read 1538354 times)

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I want to see Singapore!!!
I hope too.. But after season 3 and Phua Chu Kang spoil the leg.. I dunno how they going to make it good?? Maybe teams eat durian and take MRT??
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
I hope too.. But after season 3 and Phua Chu Kang spoil the leg.. I dunno how they going to make it good?? Maybe teams eat durian and take MRT??

I would just love to see the singapore leg in season 3 but i cannot find the video on youtube...

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
They have to visit the Singapore Flyer then, the largest Ferris Wheel in the world.

Offline Sam‽

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sam's Reality Wiki

I would just love to see the singapore leg in season 3 but i cannot find the video on youtube...

It's here, but you haven't missed much: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A006qBjwZA

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
They have to visit the Singapore Flyer then, the largest Ferris Wheel in the world.

I'll love it if they get the activity near the Asian Civ Museum, where you get pummeled in the air (like a reverse bungee) hehehe!
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster

I'll love it if they get the activity near the Asian Civ Museum, where you get pummeled in the air (like a reverse bungee) hehehe!
like Season 6's 'Girl-Power' Roadblock?
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Reality show Freak :)

Ooooo.. Haha now we even have a interesting activity at reservior where people can do out door fun like Tree Top climb and etc.. :)
Coming Soon Autowil Amazing Race 1 - 2023....

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!

It's called G-Max Reverse Bungy - Get strapped in and flung upwards with a giant rubber band at 200 km/h. $30.

Offline Sam‽

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sam's Reality Wiki

It's called G-Max Reverse Bungy - Get strapped in and flung upwards with a giant rubber band at 200 km/h. $30.

Yeah, that's the same thing as they did in Season 6. It was good the first time, so it would be alright to see it again.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE

Yeah, that's the same thing as they did in Season 6. It was good the first time, so it would be alright to see it again.

Except the TAR 6 one you gotta do it alone. The Reverse Bungy here in Singapore.. you get to do it with your PARTNER. :tup:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster

Except the TAR 6 one you gotta do it alone. The Reverse Bungy here in Singapore.. you get to do it with your PARTNER. :tup:

A fast-forward then

DavidJunior

so with TAR 15 filming way past done and getting ready to air, and with TAR 16 gearing up to film later this Fall (October/November, i can't really remember which month), should we start looking at other new possible locations?

One obvious place to look is in Eastern Europe.

it seems they've used at least one "Eastern European" country in every season since season 5.
this does exclude TAR 13 (Kazakhstan came closest to new Eastern Europe, but is in fact, in Central Asia), and to some extent TAR 7 (although Istanbul is in Europe, Turkey is part of Asia Minor)

so here's my list of possible countries (most to least likely IMO):
Bulgaria
Slovenia
Latvia
Montenegro
Serbia
Slovakia
Azerbaijan*
Uzbekistan**
Cyprus*
Macedonia
Bosnia
Albania
Belarus
Armenia*
Georgia*
Tajikstan**
Turkmenistan**
Moldova
Kyrgyzstan**

* goes along with Turkey in the Asia Minor "Europe"
** goes along with Kazakhstan in Central Asian "Europe"

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
You might want to correlate that list with the State Dept list of travel warnings and alerts:

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw_1764.html

It is HIGHLY unlikely they will go anywhere on the current list, although Israel is there....

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
David Junior, a small geography lesson is in order:

The Republic of Turkey is a Eurasian country that stretches across the Anatolian peninsula in western Asia and Thrace (Rumelia) in the Balkan region of southeastern Europe.... Separating Anatolia and Thrace are the Sea of Marmara and the Turkish Straits (the Bosporus and the Dardanelles), which are commonly reckoned to delineate the boundary between Europe and Asia.

I have been to Istanbul, which is European on the west bank of the Bosporus and Asian on the east bank in the same city!

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
You might want to correlate that list with the State Dept list of travel warnings and alerts:

It is HIGHLY unlikely they will go anywhere on the current list, although Israel is there....

you talk to mooyu about take team to patskin :funny:

DavidJunior

haha

that's why i put uzbekistan further down, although not at the bottom.

i still think they'd at least consider going to a potentially dangerous country over some other places on the list, but then going with safer of the options  :res:

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • It’s Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday

If you look on the website Israel was added August 14, 2009 which was when TAR 15 was fliming. They probably planned the route months ago so maybe they didn't want to waste money going to another country

OR

The spoiler is fake but I'll do with reason 1.  ;D
The Amazing Race TV Stars- Marc and Rovilson (Currently 1st)
Victor\'s Amazing Race- Mooyou and Jerseydude (Currently 5th)
RFF Amazing Race Season 2- Redskevin88 & Jerseydude (Eliminated 4th)
Mooyou\'s Amazing Race- Tammy and Victor (Finished 2nd Place )

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
I am creating this thread since some posters on my other thread for Route wishlists didn't read the rules for the thread.  This thread however will be used for for other wishlists.  So feel free to post your dream teams, ideas for race tasks, or your own route ideas that contain any country/place.
Thank You
;D :casey

Offline spontaneousss

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Jaime & Erik for TAR 16! Best Reality Couple ever!
Well after the Latin Version had a pitstop at Machu Pichu the U.S. version better go there as well in Colombia..  :jam:

Offline spontaneousss

• RFF Jr. Member
Moved my post. IDK how to delete it..
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 03:46:06 AM by spontaneousss »

DavidJunior

i just don't want any cousin teams on the race until TAR 18 (maybe 19 if applications close for 18 before February 2011...)  ;)

Offline spontaneousss

• RFF Jr. Member
So let me start with my own wishlist for TAR16 or future seasons..

I like the concept of the switchback roadblock that's why I'd like to see more. Roadblocks I had in mind--

1. TAR6 Key/lock finding task in Xian, China (one of the best & toughest)

2. TAR7 meat-eating task in Argentina (look at all those who quitted)

3. TAR Asia 1- Leg 3 in Bali. The digging roadblock for that small surfboard replica (Yes, it's from a different TAR version but it's good enough to borrow)

I also would revive the Intersection task, One would involve 5 teams working together (TAR6 viking boat task) and another would involve 2 teams to work together (TAR 10&11)

For the cast--

1. An Athete African-American all-female team (ala Venus & Serena Williams)
2. A pair of smart Asian girls
3. A socialites/privileged all-female team (ala Paris & Nicole)
4. A male/female twin team
5. A father/daughter team-- about time been MIA since Season 12
6. Firemen team / Athletic bodybulding granddads
7. An all-male team of unknown DJs/rappers/breakdancers
8. Nerdy couple (ala Dave & Lori)
9. A Successful Reality TV couple (I'm looking at Erik & Jamie from Survivor China)
10. A transgendered woman & boyfriend/fiance
11. A May-December team (older woman & younger man) team
12. An interracial couple (black guy/white woman)

Alternative team: Hot Lesbian Couple

For the Starting Line twist, the First team to finish the surprise task/challenge gets to pick a team that would be eliminated from the race!

Now this excites me!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
The existing TAR Wishlist thread can be found here:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,15213.0.html
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
Just saw travel warnings in the US...

It's least likely we'll see the Philippines and Nepal in the next season  :(

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
On the other hand, Indonesia is off the list. Last country that's so far been TARA-exclusive... :tup: