Author Topic: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**  (Read 1538680 times)

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
How about a Beatles challenge (I know they had the Abbey Road clue in S7), like a whole task dedicated to the Fab4 like

Detour: The Long and Winding Road or The Magical Mystery Tour

In The Long and Winding Road, teams make their way by foot through the streets of London in order to find 10 things marked with a race flag, referencing songs from the Beatles. All things are located apart from each other, but they are pretty noticeable and teams are free to visit them in the order they want and. Teams are provided only with a list of 10 songs.

In The Magical Mystery Tour, teams board a special double-decker bus that will follow a pre-determined circuit, passing by 5 objects teams have to take a picture of. Again, these will be related to Beatles songs. However, they will be pretty hard to spot and if teams fail to find the 5 objects, they'll have to repeat the circuit again.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
I want to see Singapore!!!

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
Notes:
1. There are 4 fast forwards and the team can use it twice in the race, however, u turn and yields can only use once in the race. (I don’t care whether you hate the u turn and yields, but for me personally, it gives spice in the race!)
2. Legs 1-3 and Legs 11-13 have no twist at all because I believe that putting twists in the first legs and last legs is the biggest mistake that the creator did on the show. By not putting any twists in Legs 1-3 and Legs 11-13 will give justice to the strong racers. (Ex. The only reason Eric and Danielle won TAR11, is because of the luck given by putting twists in the last legs. In TAR11, there are 2 non-elimination points in the last leg which is unfair giving injustice to Dustin and Kandace, Charla and Mirna, and the alpha male gay team).
3. However, on Leg 12 will give a justifiable twist in the race by eliminating the last team. Meaning, there will only be 2 teams in the final leg (Leg 13) of the race. The reason for that is I end up watching 2 racers who battle head to head in the last leg than the 3rd team who just gives additional editing time. With the final 2 in the last leg, there will be no more Bama’s, or Eric and Danielle (who just got the 1st place finish because of the gossip challenge), or even Kelly and Jamie (who just got the 2nd place finish because of the deaf guy helping them).
4. The last episode will be 1 ½ hours in order to show Leg 12 and Leg 13 making it a total of 12 episodes.
5. And lastly, I hate China, India, and Thailand (no more on these 3 countries), they need not to travel on any of these countries anymore after another 10 more seasons of the race.

Hey Masterly. :D Great route! :D Although I enjoy the drama the India/Thailand/China legs bring, I do think that only one of India/Thailand/China should show up per Race, if at all. The two-team finale thing sounds intriguing, but it would've eliminated Tyler/James or Rob/Kim in TAR 10 (former arrived last of the Final 3 in Spain; latter finished the last task in Paris and if there was an elim point in the middle of the finale - start with a mid-leg elim, end with a mid-leg elim thing - I do think Bama would've beaten 'em) and Charla/Mirna in TAR 11 (they arrived last in Guam and even though they had a lead in Hawaii, they were the last to finish the last Hawaii task). Plus, Margie/Luke got help with that task too, so I don't think it was that unfair.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
How about a Beatles challenge (I know they had the Abbey Road clue in S7), like a whole task dedicated to the Fab4 like

In The Magical Mystery Tour, teams board a special double-decker bus that will follow a pre-determined circuit, passing by 5 objects teams have to take a picture of. Again, these will be related to Beatles songs. However, they will be pretty hard to spot and if teams fail to find the 5 objects, they'll have to repeat the circuit again.

This is so plausible! <333 the task!
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline caper

• StartLine Finder Queen!
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Sr. Member
 :waves:Hi everyone!  I have been lurking on this site for years - just never took the time to join. You gals and guys are amazing - Thanks so much for all the hard spoiling you do!!! It' much appreciated!! I would love to see the race visit Nova Scotia - the city of Halifax has some great sites - Citadel hill would make a great road block, pier 21 for a pit stop, the bar scene  :jam: could be used as part of a detour.... Just my thoughts!!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
:welcome2: to RFF, caper! Glad you de-lurked, please join in the fun!

I'd love Nova Scotia too!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
They can always start in the People's Republic of Cambridge, MA. Those living in Boston hate Cambridge for its Communist leanings. :lol:
As frequently is the case, Ken, your attempts at humor leave me cold.
Which clearly shows you have no sense of humor and thus hate to laugh. :neener: :neener: :neener: :neener:
Just here to visit.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Maybe, but consider the possibility that there is no humor there, Ken.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
There is humor. You just refuse to see it.
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Well, y'all make ME laugh!!

:funny: :funny: :funny:

:bags

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Well, y'all make ME laugh!!

:funny: :funny: :funny:

:bags
You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little f'ed up maybe, but funny how, I mean funny like a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to f'in' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?

Don't make me go all goodfella on ya...
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline :jerry:

• RFF Sr. Member
  • JTAR Season 1 is on RIGHT NOW!
I'd love it if there was a trick to the final clue like:

GO TO THE FINISH LINE...........(somewhere)!GO GO GO! THIS IS IT!
And then when the F3 arrive at the 'finish line' and they realize it'a pit stop,
then, either two things can happen:
1.One team is eliminated, so that leaves 2 teams to battle it off, what I'd like to call RECKLESS COMBAT...no,i'm just joking that's a stupid name...anyway...

2.It's a non-elimination leg and the next leg is acually the final leg...and that one team that arrives last has to do a timely spped bump during the final leg.

So in either cases, on the way checking at the 'finish line' the teams might pay the driver $ to make him kill some red lights or go over the speed limit, or give all thier energy for the 'final' sprint...so they might end up with some disadvantages the next leg,so unlike the current races, team won't be racing with a filled fanny pack, and smoothly going through every payment

SECOND TWist: a SPLIT DECISION
In a certain point of the race, there will be a TBC leg, and for the first pasrt of the leg, teams have to make a choice
Example: SPLIT DECISION:Go to one of the following destinations: La Paz, Mexico. or La Paz,Bolivia(Los Angeles, USA,or Los Angeles, Chile etc.) And for the frist leg they have to do the tasks at the city they choose, for the second part of the leg teams gather up in one city and check in at the pit stop. Also, every city up for selection has it's pros and cons

Locations:
Saipan
Bali(Denparsar),Malaysia
NO MORE INDIA CHINA THAILAND
Vladvostok(Some people wanted Siberia...)
Vancouver

Teams:
Celebrities!(Thinking of Janice Dickinson on the race makes me....)
Kids and teens! Like me~!
People that know every single person on the race
People that never watched the show
Random people pickin off the street, asked "Would you like to travel around the world for free?"
Tell 11 pairs of 2 that their on a tour, event ect. and put them on the race without them knowing it until they see phil(sorta like Survivor6..I think...

B:)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 09:49:14 AM by :jerry: »
Jerry's fantasy game partcipation:
Vic's 4th Race: Jerry and Uycocoa Eliminated
MTAR Season 3: Jerry and Panda (Natasha and Paula) Eliminated

JTAR Season 1 Nanaimo Leg is on right now!

Offline DeafRacer

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
Notes:
1. There are 4 fast forwards and the team can use it twice in the race, however, u turn and yields can only use once in the race. (I don’t care whether you hate the u turn and yields, but for me personally, it gives spice in the race!)
2. Legs 1-3 and Legs 11-13 have no twist at all because I believe that putting twists in the first legs and last legs is the biggest mistake that the creator did on the show. By not putting any twists in Legs 1-3 and Legs 11-13 will give justice to the strong racers. (Ex. The only reason Eric and Danielle won TAR11, is because of the luck given by putting twists in the last legs. In TAR11, there are 2 non-elimination points in the last leg which is unfair giving injustice to Dustin and Kandace, Charla and Mirna, and the alpha male gay team).
3. However, on Leg 12 will give a justifiable twist in the race by eliminating the last team. Meaning, there will only be 2 teams in the final leg (Leg 13) of the race. The reason for that is I end up watching 2 racers who battle head to head in the last leg than the 3rd team who just gives additional editing time. With the final 2 in the last leg, there will be no more Bama’s, or Eric and Danielle (who just got the 1st place finish because of the gossip challenge), or even Kelly and Jamie (who just got the 2nd place finish because of the deaf guy helping them).
4. The last episode will be 1 ½ hours in order to show Leg 12 and Leg 13 making it a total of 12 episodes.
5. And lastly, I hate China, India, and Thailand (no more on these 3 countries), they need not to travel on any of these countries anymore after another 10 more seasons of the race.

Hey Masterly. :D Great route! :D Although I enjoy the drama the India/Thailand/China legs bring, I do think that only one of India/Thailand/China should show up per Race, if at all. The two-team finale thing sounds intriguing, but it would've eliminated Tyler/James or Rob/Kim in TAR 10 (former arrived last of the Final 3 in Spain; latter finished the last task in Paris and if there was an elim point in the middle of the finale - start with a mid-leg elim, end with a mid-leg elim thing - I do think Bama would've beaten 'em) and Charla/Mirna in TAR 11 (they arrived last in Guam and even though they had a lead in Hawaii, they were the last to finish the last Hawaii task). Plus, Margie/Luke got help with that task too, so I don't think it was that unfair.

Unfair? I was the first one to help Jaime + Cara at the roadblock. There's no rules written where it says that a team isn't allowed to help other team. Originally, Jaime + Cara and my Mom + I had a thought of working together at the final roadblock if we arrive there before Victor + Tammy does. We didn't want them to win the race  :duno:

Offline :jerry:

• RFF Sr. Member
  • JTAR Season 1 is on RIGHT NOW!
Why not Tammy and Victor?
Is it that you and your mom have such a tight alliance with jamie and cara,
you want one of you to win?
Or is it just you don't like'em :duno:

I know RFF have quiet a few T/V fans..so...meh...

:lol:nothing personal!
Jerry's fantasy game partcipation:
Vic's 4th Race: Jerry and Uycocoa Eliminated
MTAR Season 3: Jerry and Panda (Natasha and Paula) Eliminated

JTAR Season 1 Nanaimo Leg is on right now!

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
I would love the Race to come to Armenia. I've been hoping for this for the last ten seasons... no luck yet...
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
Please, please,  :spoiler: After Tokyo / :spoiler:

Come to Melbourne.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
Notes:

Unfair? I was the first one to help Jaime + Cara at the roadblock. There's no rules written where it says that a team isn't allowed to help other team. Originally, Jaime + Cara and my Mom + I had a thought of working together at the final roadblock if we arrive there before Victor + Tammy does. We didn't want them to win the race  :duno:

Luke, I never said it was unfair. :funny: Plus, you were defo one of the more competitive Racers I've seen on this show. :funny:
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
Here is one... you know those midway thingy like in last season, why not the last team to arrive have a penalty.... I was thinking maybe marked for elimination but a speed bump would be fine. That would certainly make the race more interesting...

Offline smiley

• RFF Frantic Poster
They should incorporate the "Fork in the Road" Like in my amazing race stuff.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Here is one... you know those midway thingy like in last season, why not the last team to arrive have a penalty.... I was thinking maybe marked for elimination but a speed bump would be fine. That would certainly make the race more interesting...

That would be the same thing as having a NEL, don't you think?
The story so far:
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster

It would certainly give the last-placed team more initiative to fight, knowing that even if they finished last and the leg was a "TBC", it would still put them at a significant disadvantage...knowing that at the next part of the leg, they would have to complete the speed bump task plus the second detour/roadblock.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster

It would certainly give the last-placed team more initiative to fight, knowing that even if they finished last and the leg was a "TBC", it would still put them at a significant disadvantage...knowing that at the next part of the leg, they would have to complete the speed bump task plus the second detour/roadblock.

IMO, that would be a bit too much. I still disagree with the mid-leg elimination in S10
The story so far:

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!

<3 redskevin for thinking the same way as me... LOL! Yeah I believe they should incorporate this as well ^_^ Speedbump!
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Reality show Freak :)
Hope After Japan they come to Malaysia or Indonesia!!

Just feel this season the budget is so high!! First Leg already go to Japan..

Wonder where they go next?? Maybe first leg make teams enjoy but culture shock, then let team culture shock again but they suffer.. Indonesia and Malaysia fit the bill!!

Coming Soon Autowil Amazing Race 1 - 2023....

Offline autowil

• From St. Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Reality show Freak :)
I want to see Singapore!!!
I hope too.. But after season 3 and Phua Chu Kang spoil the leg.. I dunno how they going to make it good?? Maybe teams eat durian and take MRT??
Coming Soon Autowil Amazing Race 1 - 2023....