Author Topic: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**  (Read 1538454 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I want to see an Amazing Race with zero NELs. That would make a fine race, where every leg counts for sure and most teams have to be competing hard end to end. I discount the "getting-to-know" value of NELs, cdfe88. All NELs in Amazing Races (but not Amazing Race Asias) are positioned at or after the 6th leg, so you already know all remining teams well by then!

In conjunction with this I want to see 13 teams so there will be 11 legs or maybe 1 or 2 more teams and an equivalent number of extra legs.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 10:32:17 PM by apskip »

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
the amazing race realy rock if had 15 team
I'd have to disagree. I'd rather have less teams and more NELs in order to get to know them better. What's the point of having that many teams if most of them will be forgotten once the real drama appears?

Exactly right! That's what has happened to teams like Anthony & Stephanie and Marianna & Julia in the recent seasons with poor editing balance.

I think there should be 11 or 12 teams, but the non-elims should be early in the race, so we get to the the early boot teams, too.

And of course, at least 12 legs! Are you listening, CBS? :waves:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline RealityFanWA

• RFF Sr. Member
the amazing race realy rock if had 15 team
I'd have to disagree. I'd rather have less teams and more NELs in order to get to know them better. What's the point of having that many teams if most of them will be forgotten once the real drama appears?

Exactly right! That's what has happened to teams like Anthony & Stephanie and Marianna & Julia in the recent seasons with poor editing balance.

I think there should be 11 or 12 teams, but the non-elims should be early in the race, so we get to the the early boot teams, too.

And of course, at least 12 legs! Are you listening, CBS? :waves:

11 or 12 teams is always good. I can't remember less than 11 besides the Family Edition but maybe it was in the All-Stars season too.

And CBS better be listening but I know they're prepping for BB11.   :jumpy:

Offline Parovic

• RFF Sr. Member
Belgium,Latvia,Czech Republic,Slovakia,Togo,Nigeria,Fiji,Palau
and Uzbekistan may be visited

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
I highly doubt Nigeria will not be visited this season or next season!  Nigeria has alot of problems right now and travel there is highly not recommended by the US State Dept, speaking of the State Dept, I think travel to Colombia is possible despite the travel warnings.  Colombia is an US ally and travel is only dangerous if you venture outside the safe major cities like Bogota and Medellin.  I think the State Dept travel warnings haven't been updated in a while.  Also the fears about Swine Flu affecting the filming of TAR15 is highly impossible, as long as the teams, crew, and other people involved in the race follow health guidelines like washing their hands and sanitizing them, infection from Swine Flu is very unlikely to happen.  My only wishlist for this season or next season is to visit newer countries and former countries, but newer areas within them like Sardinia in Italy, the Greek island of Crete, Wales/N. Ireland in the UK, Hainan/Wuhan in China. Even Lake Baikal in Siberia as well as Vladivostok in the Russian Far East.  Also for teams I like to see a multiracial team (dating, married, best friends), as well as Native American, and Motorheads/Skatepunks.  A new twist that could be cool if they introduce a new task choice like "Rewind" where a team has to return the beginning of the leg and do all the tasks again before continuing on.  That would be cool to see as the opposite of "Fastforward" At least I am happy to hear about TAR16 has been given to go ahead.

:groan: :yess: 

Offline RealityFanWA

• RFF Sr. Member
I highly doubt Nigeria will not be visited this season or next season!  Nigeria has alot of problems right now and travel there is highly not recommended by the US State Dept, speaking of the State Dept, I think travel to Colombia is possible despite the travel warnings.  Colombia is an US ally and travel is only dangerous if you venture outside the safe major cities like Bogota and Medellin.  I think the State Dept travel warnings haven't been updated in a while.  Also the fears about Swine Flu affecting the filming of TAR15 is highly impossible, as long as the teams, crew, and other people involved in the race follow health guidelines like washing their hands and sanitizing them, infection from Swine Flu is very unlikely to happen.  My only wishlist for this season or next season is to visit newer countries and former countries, but newer areas within them like Sardinia in Italy, the Greek island of Crete, Wales/N. Ireland in the UK, Hainan/Wuhan in China. Even Lake Baikal in Siberia as well as Vladivostok in the Russian Far East.  Also for teams I like to see a multiracial team (dating, married, best friends), as well as Native American, and Motorheads/Skatepunks.  A new twist that could be cool if they introduce a new task choice like "Rewind" where a team has to return the beginning of the leg and do all the tasks again before continuing on.  That would be cool to see as the opposite of "Fastforward" At least I am happy to hear about TAR16 has been given to go ahead.

:groan: :yess: 

I hope they can visit an African country this year. I don't think they have been to Zimbabwe before???

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
Sorry, if you have been watching/reading the news, Zimbabwe still has some problems with their newly elected-government right now.  I also don't expect to see the race visit Congo (formerly Zaire), Angola, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Somalia, Cote d'Ivoire, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Chad, Central African Republic, Burundi, Sudan, and Eritrea!  These places still have problems such as civil war, government disputes, and corruption right now so we could still see the race visit countries like Algeria, Libya, Djibouti, Seychelles, Comoros, Swaziland, Lesotho, Gabon, Eqtl. Guinea, Cameroon, Malawi, Rwanda, Sao Tome, Niger, Mali, Ghana, Benin, Togo, Gambia, Cape Verde, Mauritania, Congo-Brazzaville, and Uganda.  These places are a bit friendlier despite smaller disputes, but travel to these countries is safe. Kenya, South Africa, Egypt, Morocco, and Tanzania I like to see more of, plus Kenya isn't on the news much anymore since their government elections a while ago, which led to violence in Nairobi metro area, but we haven't heard much about it since then.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Mauritania

:snicker: :snicker:
I hope the Race go there!  :hearts:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I hope they can visit an African country this year. I don't think they have been to Zimbabwe before???
RealityFanWA,

No, the Amazing Race has never gone to Zimbabwe and why should it with the hostile reception of the Mugabe government to all whites?

Here are the African countries the Amazing Race has visited:

South Africa 3 times
Morocco 3 times
Botswana
Burkina Faso
Egypt
Ethiopia
Kenya
Mozambique
Namibia
Senegal
Tanzania
Tunisia
Zambia
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 01:42:35 PM by apskip »

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I'm hoping to see the Gold and Ivory Coasts for the first time... Maybe even the dark jungle heart of the continent!

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
RealityFanWA,

No, the Amazing Race has never gone to Zimbabwe and why should it with the hostile reception of the Mugabe government to all whites?

South Africa 3 times
Morocco 3 times
Botswana
Burkina Faso
Egypt
Ethiopia
Kenya
Mozambique
Namibia
Senegal
Tunisia
Zambia

You Forgot Mauritius and Tanzania

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
RealityFanWA,

South Africa 3 times
Morocco 3 times
Botswana
Burkina Faso
Egypt
Ethiopia
Kenya
Mozambique
Namibia
Senegal
Tunisia
Zambia

You Forgot Mauritius and Tanzania

And Madagascar.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Wow. Make a geographic statement and it gets big attention. I guess that shows how little else is going on right now. I did not forget Tanzania except in data entry. It was on the list I prepared, but in alphabetizing I inexplicably did not bring it into my post.

Madagacar and Mauritius are islands in the Indian Ocean and as such do not qualify in my view as being part of the African continent. My definition of African continent stops at Mozambique and does not extend eastward. However, my view appears to be not shared by many, as they include Mauritius and Madagascar as African countries. Let's root for future Amazing Races in Seychelles, Reunion and the Comoros Island(which is one that has mostly excaped my notice in the past but comes up on some African nations lists) to boost the African nations count.

Also, some people would count the airport stop that AR5 teams had in Nairobi as evidence that Kenya was part of teh race. I do not count it.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 01:58:27 PM by apskip »

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Well, I'm glad you have made it so. Once apskip makes his declaration, then we should all bow down to him and chant his name.
Just here to visit.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
Mali FTW. That is all. Bamako, Djenne & Timbuktu are culturally rich & beautiful places to visit. Plus, according to wiki, it is a relatively politically/socially stable country. And it has yet to have an AH1N1 WHO-confirmed case.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 02:18:00 AM by Raymond »
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Parovic

• RFF Sr. Member
I hope it will come to HK.But I will call my pen friend an ask them
to pay attention  to some people

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
How about regions whose independences haven't been recognized globally, like the Basque Country, Kosovo or Transnistria?
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
How about regions whose independences haven't been recognized globally, like the Basque Country, Kosovo or Transnistria?
Or the independent republic of Quebec! :tup:
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
I think we are due some Canada time!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I have been to Romania but they do not talk about Transnistria there. I assume that Moldava is upset about the secession of Transnistria.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 09:47:43 PM by apskip »

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I have been to Romania but they do not talk about Transnistria there. I assume that Moldava is upset about the secession of Transnistria.
It's like Yugoslavia began a never ending wave of Geographical Mitosis in the Balkan area...
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
They can always start in the People's Republic of Cambridge, MA. Those living in Boston hate Cambridge for its Communist leanings. :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline Masterly

• RFF Newbie
Here is my dream for TAR15 (It must be golden):
Leg1: Dallas, Texas – Asuncion, Paraguay (The start of the race is on a very large farm)
Leg2: Mombasa, Kenya (Safari!)
Leg3: Cairo, Egypt (They’ve been here before, but I rather see Egypt again than India, Thailand, and China)
Leg4: Copenhagen, Denmark (They never been here!)
Leg5: Prague, Czech Republic
Leg6: Vatican City, Rome
(Leg 4-6, they will not travel by airports but through trains)
Leg7: Jerusalem, Israel (With the clue saying: fly to the holy city! They need to figure out that Jerusalem is the holy city!)
Leg8: Damascus, Syria (They will travel to Israel to Syria not by airports or trains but by traveling to the deserts.)
Leg9: Kathmandu, Nepal (With the view of Mt. Everest but not actually going to the top of it!)
Leg10: Sydney, Australia
Leg11: Moresby, Papua New Guinea (Not on the capital city itself! But through its green jungles)
Leg12: Wewak, Papua New Guinea (Water race just like in El Nido, Palawan)
Leg13: Las Vegas, Nevada (The final pitstop is in the desert)

Leg1: 12-11
Leg2: 11-10
Leg3: 10-9
Leg4: 9-8, Fast Forward, Yield
Leg5: 8-8, Fast Forward, Non-Elimination Point
Leg6: 8-7, Speed Bump, U-Turn
Leg7: 7-6
Leg8: 6-6, Fast Forward, U-Turn, Non-Elimination Point
Leg9: 6-5, Speed Bump
Leg10: 5-4, Fast Forward, Yield
Leg11: 4-3
Leg12: 3-2
Leg13: 2

Notes:
1. There are 4 fast forwards and the team can use it twice in the race, however, u turn and yields can only use once in the race. (I don’t care whether you hate the u turn and yields, but for me personally, it gives spice in the race!)
2. Legs 1-3 and Legs 11-13 have no twist at all because I believe that putting twists in the first legs and last legs is the biggest mistake that the creator did on the show. By not putting any twists in Legs 1-3 and Legs 11-13 will give justice to the strong racers. (Ex. The only reason Eric and Danielle won TAR11, is because of the luck given by putting twists in the last legs. In TAR11, there are 2 non-elimination points in the last leg which is unfair giving injustice to Dustin and Kandace, Charla and Mirna, and the alpha male gay team).
3. However, on Leg 12 will give a justifiable twist in the race by eliminating the last team. Meaning, there will only be 2 teams in the final leg (Leg 13) of the race. The reason for that is I end up watching 2 racers who battle head to head in the last leg than the 3rd team who just gives additional editing time. With the final 2 in the last leg, there will be no more Bama’s, or Eric and Danielle (who just got the 1st place finish because of the gossip challenge), or even Kelly and Jamie (who just got the 2nd place finish because of the deaf guy helping them).
4. The last episode will be 1 ½ hours in order to show Leg 12 and Leg 13 making it a total of 12 episodes.
5. And lastly, I hate China, India, and Thailand (no more on these 3 countries), they need not to travel on any of these countries anymore after another 10 more seasons of the race.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
They can always start in the People's Republic of Cambridge, MA. Those living in Boston hate Cambridge for its Communist leanings. :lol:
As frequently is the case, Ken, your attempts at humor leave me cold. I did live for 2 years in Cambridge in graduate school and was nearby for 4 more. There is a clear town vs. gown dilemma, but the word "hate" to characterize town attitudes toward gown is way too strong.

Offline password

• Village Idiot
  • RFF Jr. Member
I hope Sri lanka is visited