Author Topic: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**  (Read 1535085 times)

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
My wish list:

North Pole - to find where Robert Peary put the flag.

Then to Antarctica to go to the McMurde Scott Base.

Let me guess...after that you would have them flying back up to Norway, then down to Australia....yo yo-ing back and forth between North and South hemispheres till they ended at the finish line somewhere along the equator ;)

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Yeah! That's it, Mrs shrek. :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
My wish list:

Let me guess...after that you would have them flying back up to Norway, then down to Australia....yo yo-ing back and forth between North and South hemispheres till they ended at the finish line somewhere along the equator ;)
like a cosine graph around the world?
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
My wish list:

Yes, of course. Now what part of the United States is along the equator?

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
My wish list:

Yes, of course. Now what part of the United States is along the equator?
Jarvis Island! :)
The story so far:
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
That's a good one, cdfe88. I had no knowledge about Jarvis Island. Technically it would qualify as a tiny spec of the U.S. on the equator. However, it would impossible to land any airplanes on it because it is uninhabited and it would take too long to being Amazing Racers and produciton in from another island like Samoa that looks on my map to be pover 500 miles away.
Here is a dscription of Jarivs Island for those as ignorant as I was:

Jarvis Island (also formerly known as Bunker Island) is an uninhabited 4.5 square kilometer coral island located in the South Pacific Ocean at 0°22′S 160°01′W Coordinates: 0°22′S 160°01′W about halfway between Hawaii and the Cook Islands. It is an unincorporated territory of the United States administered by the United States Fish and Wildlife Service of the United States Department of the Interior as part of the National Wildlife Refuge system. Unlike most coral atolls, the lagoon on Jarvis is wholly dry.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
there's also Baker and Howland Islands, and from what I read, Baker could be a possible place to finish
The story so far:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
but sometimes they are taking a risk dropping them in the run for the finish line...

Victoria: JOOOOOOOOHNNNN!!!!! (this could easily give LENNNEEEE!!! a run for its money)
Johnathan: Just drop it!
Victoria: But they're going to take it!!!! JOOOOHHHNNNNNN!!!! :'(

As for a new type of route marker: Traffic Light!
In this route marker one team can force another to stop at a traffic light. The team that stops at the Traffic Light has to open one of three clues. Inside each envelope is one of the following.
Red.- Turn over an Hourglass (Yield)
Yellow.- Perform an additional task (Speedbump)
Green.- Go directly to the Pit Stop (Fast Forward)

it can be used both with good or bad intentions with probabilities of backfiring.

I like that idea Daniel
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The Roundabout

A Roundabout comes after a Roadblock, in a Roundabout one team may force another team to return to the Roadblock so that the other member of said team completes the task.
The story so far:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Nice one!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
there's also Baker and Howland Islands, and from what I read, Baker could be a possible place to finish

cdfe88, Howland Island is a remote possibilty. That is because "There are no harbors or docks. The reefs may pose a hazard. There is one boat landing area along the middle of the sandy beach on the west coast together with a crumbling day beacon." Of course, its claim to fame is as the island Amelia Earhart was desperately searching for on her ill-fated circumnavigation flight of 1937.

Baker Island is an uninhabited coral atoll. It is theroetically possible to do something there, the probability is too low to worry about. Ending on/near the equator in U.S. territory has never been and is unlikely to ever be a priority of World Race Productions.

Offline inomu

• RFF Full Member
My location wish list:

Europe:
Denmark (how is possible they haven't been there yet)
Belgium (same as Denmark)
Czech Republic (same as Denmark and Belgium)
Latvia
Estonia (Old town of Tallinn is amazing)
Monaco
Luxemburg
Bulgaria (maybe they go here next season as they're going now to neighbor Romania)
Madrid, Spain
Northern parts of Norway, Sweden and Finland (also Lapland, lots of extreme stuff to do)
Albania
Slovenia
Serbia
Montenegro
Bosnia-Herzegovina
Cyprus
Greek islands
I don't think they're going to Belarus because it's not safe place for American tourists with expensive cameras to run around stupidly. Same thing with Moldova.

Asia:
Yerevan, Armenia
Baku, Azerbaijan
Bahrain
Bangladesh (if they want to go to India in future thay can go here as it's almost same)
Brunei
Indonesia (Bali anyone?)
Israel (Tel Aviv and Eilat are safe)
Jordan (Ancient city of Petra is near Eilat, Israel; could be combined)
Kyrgyzstan
Maldives
Nepal
Qatar
Turkey (They were in Istanbul but Turkey has beautiful Mediterranean coast)
Uzbekistan (Samarkand was important city along the Silk Route)

Americas:
All the little island nations in the Caribbean (except Jamaica nad Puerto Rico and they probably can't go to Cuba)
Belize
Manaus, Brazil in the Amazonas
Guyana
French Guyana

Oceania:
Fiji
Papua New Guinea
French Polynesia (e.g. Tahiti)
Micronesia
Palau
Tonga
Northern Mariana Islands, USA
Nauru

Africa:
Algeria
Ghana
Kenya
Seychelles
Togo
Benin
Cape Verde
Mali
I think those are the safest countries TAR haven't visited yet

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Please seriously, come back to Singapore. :luvu:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
For me, an all-Communist and former Eastern Bloc TAR following the multiple leg in one country theory.

Start - Spokane, WA
Pyongyang, North Korea
Kaesong, North Korea
Fuzhou, China
Guanzhou, China
Da Nang, Vietnam
Hanoi, Vietnam
Vientienne, Laos
Savannakhet, Laos
Tirana, Albania
Bucharest, Romania
Tallin, Estonia
Havana, Cuba
Guantanamo Bay, Cuba
Finish - Providence, RI
They did go to Romania this season! Now if they could only go to North Korea! :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Now if they could only go to North Korea!

I think that would cause a stir around the world. Maybe even Barack Obama will watch the episode to know more about the country. :funny:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Kim Jong-il would greet the racers in a very strange ceremony. Anyway, it won't happen, but it's my wishlist. I can dream, can't I? :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
I wish no team was actually eliminated, thats not asking too much is it? I'm such a dork! I DO care about these people  :'(

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
How about Kim Jong-il being a greeter? :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
I wish no team was actually eliminated, thats not asking too much is it? I'm such a dork! I DO care about these people  :'(

The show wouldn't be a success without elimination though. :duno:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
North Korea wouldn't be a difficult place for multiple eliminations... By Joab's logic, that should make the show very successful...

Armed or Unarmed
In this Detour, teams must work to disable one of two potentially dangerous weapons. In Armed, teams must disarm a nuclear missile, using the help of technical plans written in Korean. In Unarmed, teams engage in hand-to-hand combat with a border guard trained in Taekwondo, who will hand teams the next clue after he has been subdued.

Disabling a nuclear missile requires little physical strength, but the countdown time is limited and translating the Korean instructions could be confusing. Engaging a border guard is physically draining, but teams who complete it quickly can find themselves... flooring the competition. (Since Phil is starting to use Allan Wu's puns...)

"You are team number... five!"

Prize to whoever can make a twist out of these!

« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 03:36:46 AM by Neobie »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
North Korea wouldn't be a difficult place for multiple eliminations... By Joab's logic, that should make the show very successful...

Armed or Unarmed
In this Detour, teams must work to disable one of two potentially dangerous weapons. In Armed, teams must disarm a nuclear missile, using the help of technical plans written in Korean. In Unarmed, teams engage in hand-to-hand combat with a border guard trained in Taekwondo, who will hand teams the next clue after he has been subdued.

Disabling a nuclear missile requires little physical strength, but the countdown time is limited and translating the Korean instructions could be confusing. Engaging a border guard is physically draining, but teams who complete it quickly can find themselves... flooring the competition. (Since Phil is starting to use Allan Wu's puns...)

"You are team number... five!"

Prize to whoever can make a twist out of these!

:funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:

The prize for the winner of the leg will be a trip for two to North Korea, from NorthKoreaWelcomesYou.com! :funny: (That's if you suvive the leg)

The Roadblock will be one team member must run across the borders to South Korea and receive help to rescue their other team mate over..

Only to find out out that the pitstop is back in North Korea. :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Joab, to extend your point(winner's get one week in NorthKorea) with a classic comedy line:

And second place will be 2 weeks in North Korea. Third place will be 3 weeks in North Korea.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

I was being stupid  :spank:

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Speaking of elimination - don't these racers ever take bathroom breaks? I thought this was reality TV - lets see some reality! :-[
Maybe the real reason Brad and Victoria missed their flight is because someone had to make a "pitstop" in the airport? I want to know if that's the case!
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE

Speaking of elimination - don't these racers ever take bathroom breaks? I thought this was reality TV - lets see some reality! :-[
Maybe the real reason Brad and Victoria missed their flight is because someone had to make a "pitstop" in the airport? I want to know if that's the case!

:funny: