Author Topic: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**  (Read 1535089 times)

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
As the title says, what do you want to see in future editions of TAR?   :jam:

- Per georgiapeach, route maps and other large images should not be posted in-thread; a link to the image file should be fine, as well as this site.
- It should go without saying but this is a spoiler-free thread. If you're thinking of posting something that specifically refers to a currently-airing or currently-filming (be it the American version or any from another country) season DON'T. You should instead use the relevant spoiler thread(s).
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 11:11:16 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline zacz

• RFF Full Member
Well I'd like them to visit*
*    Indonesia (I've been there a number of times and it really is no more dangerous than many other                 places they've visited)
*    Antarctica - so the race can finally say it has visited EVERY continent
*    Eastern Russia (siberia) - the whole north of asia has never been visited and some of the views are breathtaking
*    Greenland (if they don't go to antarctica, it wouldn't be a good idea to visit them in the same season)

Usually the race head south or west from america, except for season 10 which headed east to china. I would like to see the first leg head north to Canada and then head east to siberia in the next.

As for the taxi following issue, they should ban it. Its fine to ask for directions, or even get a local 'guide' but all the taxi following does make for a boring show.

Offline Sam‽

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sam's Reality Wiki
I would love the race to go to Indonesia! I would also like to see Cambodia or Southern Thailand (Phuket or places around there)

We need less teams from California, and less dating couples

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I'd gauge locations based on those I've read about since I was a kid...

The race has done cities well, but completely in agreeance on Antarctica & Indonesia!

Peru - They've missed all the epic locations: Machu Picchu, Nazca Lines, Lake Titicaca...
The Amazon
Kenya
Greek Islands
Jerusalem & Jordan - I know it isn't 100% safe, but nowhere in the world is...
The Silk Route
Southwest China
Nepal
Easter Island

Hey, that's enough adventure for an entire season!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 12:58:06 PM by Neobie »

Offline sayurkangkung

• RFF Not So Newbie
Wow im surprised there r lots of ppl here wanna TAR to go to Indonesia, as local i also want that!
Thx for your opinion about Indonesia   :tup:  :tup:
But i also would like to see countries like Uzbekistan, Venezuela, and more Russia (especially Siberia), also Denmark, Slovenia (Europe best kept secret), and Jordan.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Wow im surprised there r lots of ppl here wanna TAR to go to Indonesia, as local i also want that!
Thx for your opinion about Indonesia   :tup:  :tup:
But i also would like to see countries like Uzbekistan, Venezuela, and more Russia (especially Siberia), also Denmark, Slovenia (Europe best kept secret), and Jordan.

:lol: my family roots originate back to Slovenia! Of course, when p eople can't pronounce Bostancic, it makes me wish we came from somewhere with easier last names.

Places I would love to see are Prague - Southeastern Asia - Indonisia - Adelaid - Island Locations (Barbados for example).

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
I like to see the race visit somewhere in New England. Hard to believe, after 14 seasons, it still has never gone to that region. Not even Family Edition.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
MELBOURNE!!!

Then my staking out of the airports there might come to fruition.

Offline scuzneck

• RFF Full Member
Locations - How about places that none of the TAR editions (ours, Asia, etc.) have not visited. There are thousands of beautiful places around the world that could be visited. Thousands of socio-economic sob stories that could be explored. I am very tired of India. Phuket, again? TARA seems to allows be there and now TAR. Australia is simply gorgeous and I would love to visit but Papua/New Guinia is right there. (Although, I think TAR has been there). More African (obscure) countries. Togo, anyone? South America. The freakin' Amazon?

Twists - Keep things simplistic as far as the race. Make the clues more difficult. No more make your way to Red Square and find the guy dressed like Breshnev. How about "Make your way to the area once covered in woodland buildings that an Ivan III edict changed into a major marketplace, then find the gentlemen dressed as the premier that served Russia at the same time as Presidents Kennedy, Johnson, Carter and Reagan." Make it a much more thoughtful race where locals can provide more than pointing to a place.

Teams - My brother and I  :lol: :lol:

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
The Amazing race should go to Indonesia!   :ascared

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
For me, an all-Communist and former Eastern Bloc TAR following the multiple leg in one country theory.

Start - Spokane, WA
Pyongyang, North Korea
Kaesong, North Korea
Fuzhou, China
Guanzhou, China
Da Nang, Vietnam
Hanoi, Vietnam
Vientienne, Laos
Savannakhet, Laos
Tirana, Albania
Bucharest, Romania
Tallin, Estonia
Havana, Cuba
Guantanamo Bay, Cuba
Finish - Providence, RI
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Antarctica, dammit! :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Antarctica would be a good place, even if they didn't really do anything there they should still take them out there.

I'd be happy with the teams going to antarctica to perform a roadblock, then heading back out to south america or australia for the rest of the leg (bunched or otherwise)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
AllStars, so near and yet so far... **sigh**

I even had a flight for them then, I was so sure they would finally make it 7 continents...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
For me, an all-Communist and former Eastern Bloc TAR following the multiple leg in one country theory.

Start - Spokane, WA
Pyongyang, North Korea
Kaesong, North Korea
Fuzhou, China
Guanzhou, China
Da Nang, Vietnam
Hanoi, Vietnam
Vientienne, Laos
Savannakhet, Laos
Tirana, Albania
Bucharest, Romania
Tallin, Estonia
Havana, Cuba
Guantanamo Bay, Cuba
Finish - Providence, RI

Ken, fabulous list. However how many centuries do you think it will really take to have a finale in Providence Rhode Island?

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
A couple of new twists I want to see.

The first I call the 'shuffle'

In this twist (which I already know the fans will hate) all the teams are randomly reassigned until the end of the leg.

The team that arrives last at the end of this leg is eliminated, along with their partners, regardless of their finish. This makes the leg a double elimination.

After the eliminations, teams return to normal.

The second twist I want to see is a rule that stops teams checking in without their possessions (I don't know why but this irritates me.)

The new rule would state that a team may only leave a Pit Stop with the items they brought in to it, so if a team really wants to leave their bags behind to go the little bit faster, they must deal with the consequences.

Of course, their items would be returned to them upon completion of the race.

Offline 2old4tech

• RFF Full Member

The second twist I want to see is a rule that stops teams checking in without their possessions (I don't know why but this irritates me.)

The new rule would state that a team may only leave a Pit Stop with the items they brought in to it, so if a team really wants to leave their bags behind to go the little bit faster, they must deal with the consequences.

Of course, their items would be returned to them upon completion of the race.
I've often wondered if, sometimes, the "Additional Information" in the clue says, "You may leave your belongings in the marked car."

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
More likely the clue says "You must leave your belongings in the car otherwise the camera can't get proper shots of you running and that will just ruin the show."

Offline 2old4tech

• RFF Full Member

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Hate the first as much as I hate the Intersection, love the second. And yes, clues do sometimes say you can leave your packs...but sometimes they are taking a risk dropping them in the run for the finish line...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I figured people would hate the first, but it would shake things up.

Imagine, Season 6. Jonathan is drafted with Maria.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
but sometimes they are taking a risk dropping them in the run for the finish line...

Victoria: JOOOOOOOOHNNNN!!!!! (this could easily give LENNNEEEE!!! a run for its money)
Johnathan: Just drop it!
Victoria: But they're going to take it!!!! JOOOOHHHNNNNNN!!!! :'(

As for a new type of route marker: Traffic Light!
In this route marker one team can force another to stop at a traffic light. The team that stops at the Traffic Light has to open one of three clues. Inside each envelope is one of the following.
Red.- Turn over an Hourglass (Yield)
Yellow.- Perform an additional task (Speedbump)
Green.- Go directly to the Pit Stop (Fast Forward)

it can be used both with good or bad intentions with probabilities of backfiring.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I like that idea.

It allows alliances to actually work, although at the same time backfire.

It would also be the first time a team could directly help another team.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
New Countries:
Algeria
Belize
East Timor
Fiji
Gabon
Guatemala
Latvia
Micronesia
Nepal
Seychelles
Tajikistan

New Cities, Old Countries:
Canberra, Australia
Brasilia/Recife, Brazil
Chongqing, China
Nice/Cannes, France
Varanasi, India
Sapporo, Japan
Nairobi, Kenya (for a leg, not a stopover)
Acapulco, Mexico
Cebu, Philippines
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
My wish list:

North Pole - to find where Robert Peary put the flag.

Then to Antarctica to go to the McMurde Scott Base.
Just here to visit.