Author Topic: TAR Wishlist - locations, routes, twists, teams, tasks & dreams!**NO SPOILERS**  (Read 1538379 times)

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
Here's the best pitstops for both Iloilo, Philippines & Cebu, Philippines.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
Sumatra and/or Sulawesi are way more overdue.

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 04:14:20 AM by Hubickichibi »
Swarm stupidity

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

theres no way TAR would go to philippines in next 10 years

Never say Never. :0328:

Spoiler:
Show content
TAR Israel 7 just did. :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 04:14:57 AM by Hubickichibi »
Swarm stupidity

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"

theres no way TAR would go to philippines in next 10 years

Never say Never. :0328:

Spoiler:
Show content
TAR Israel 7 just did. :tup:

really?...but isnt Philippines is really dangerous these days?

I have to say the Mindanao island is far more dangerous than both Luzon and Visayas islands. TAR Israel have already made their tasks in Manila & Bohol. Cebu City is quite good however there are a lot of drug addicts residing in there. Iloilo City, as far as I know, is very welcoming and needs the teams to get here. I live in Iloilo City so a lot of places here are high on technology and I would like best for teams to visit here.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
TAR Asia 5 of course visited recently, but in the Northern Philippines. And Pekin Express had teams of course traveling around, hitchhiking and staying in local peoples' homes and they were perfectly fine. There's definitely lots of safe locations all over the Philippines. Even safer than Metro Manila which TAR stayed in for TAR25.

Hopefully next time TARUS visits the Philippines, they can travel further outside of Manila  :tup:

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 04:15:14 AM by Hubickichibi »
Swarm stupidity

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Nice pics jayson!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
In S25 they did 2 legs right? they did challenges with tuktuk, fish, that infamous plough with ox, mop thing from coconut
what else philippines can offer? i like plough with ox they are so funny especially the wrestlers got pooped by their ox

Somebody has yet to watch TAR 5, one of the best TAR seasons ever made. The Filipino legs on TAR 5 and TAR Aus 2 were spectacular. Also the ox task is from TAR 5 first where most TAR fans agree that it is one of the most memorable moments in the series. Where Colin muttered the infamous "My Ox is Broken" line, one of the most memorable lines in the series. (I do find it funny every time I think of it.) The El Nido leg from TAR 5 is said to be one of the best penultimate legs in TAR history leading to one of the saddest eliminations. In this leg teams had to go island hopping and one of the tasks one team member of each team had to ascend the Lagen Wall. Also "Jig" or "Pig" is one of the best Detours in TAR History that has appeared in many international versions but not the US version yet.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
Sumatra and/or Sulawesi are way more overdue.

Offline Malcooolm

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Ladies and gentleman...Miss California!
Here's my dream route:

Leg 1: Seattle, Washington → Budapest, Hungary
Leg 2: Budapest, Hungary →Brno, Czech Republic
Leg 3: Brno, Czech Republic → Rome, Italy → Vatican City
Leg 4: Vatican City → Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Leg 5: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates →Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
Leg 6: Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan → Kathmandu, Nepal
Leg 7: Kathmandu, Nepal → Lukla, Nepal
Leg 8: Lukla, Nepal → Davao City, Philippines
Leg 9: Davao City, Philippines → Sydney, Australia
Leg 10: Sydney, Australia → Kigali, Rwanda
Leg 11: Kigali, Rwanda → Nairobi, Kenya
Leg 12: Nairobi, Kenya → Great Falls, Montana
Love, an unapologetic Lisa & Michelle stan

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 04:15:37 AM by Hubickichibi »
Swarm stupidity

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
Somebody has yet to watch TAR 5, one of the best TAR seasons ever made. The Filipino legs on TAR 5 and TAR Aus 2 were spectacular. Also the ox task is from TAR 5 first where most TAR fans agree that it is one of the most memorable moments in the series. Where Colin muttered the infamous "My Ox is Broken" line, one of the most memorable lines in the series. (I do find it funny every time I think of it.) The El Nido leg from TAR 5 is said to be one of the best penultimate legs in TAR history leading to one of the saddest eliminations. In this leg teams had to go island hopping and one of the tasks one team member of each team had to ascend the Lagen Wall. Also "Jig" or "Pig" is one of the best Detours in TAR History that has appeared in many international versions but not the US version yet.

While collin broke down moment is great, but not funny
and i dont like him, he is a bully, although he may be possessed by TAR demon like many racers did
theres still many exotic country never been visited yet
Maldives
Israel
Pasific islands, maybe they can rendezvous with survivor at fiji

Hubickichibi, I think I like the GIFs that you made. It's cute.

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
Nice pics jayson!

Thanks Peach! I know a handful tasks here in Iloilo City. Like if teams could get in here, they should try practicing our own Dinagyang Festival. It's quite similar to other countries like Chile, wearing tribal clothes and then perform timely energetic dances in honor of Santo Niño. Aside from that, they should try our special Pancit Molo (pork dumpling soup), have them try skimboarding in Villa-Arevalo Beach, do track and field to the finish line in Iloilo Sports Complex, and if there's a chance - let them eat Balut (duck's egg) here, and have them go to pitstop: Iloilo Museum of Contemporary Art in Festive Walk, Megaworld.

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 02:04:53 PM by Hubickichibi »
Swarm stupidity

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
The Amazing Race 33: SD/pre-REAL All-Stars All-Stars Wishlist

Rob & Brennan (TAR1)
Blake & Paige (TAR2)
Flo & Zach (TAR3)
Ken & Gerard (TAR3)
Kelly & Jon (TAR4)
Lena & Kristy (TAR6)
Hayden & Aaron (TAR6)
Kris & Jon (TAR6)
Linz Family (TAR8)
Paolo Family (TAR8)
Gaghan Family (TAR8)
Joseph & Monica (TAR9)
Eric & Jeremy (TAR9)
Cho Bros (TAR10)

Including 3-peaters:
Teri & Ian (TAR3)
Charla & Mirna (TAR5/11) - Though I'd save them for Ultimate All-Stars
Dustin & Kandice (TAR10/11)

Offline NELs

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Excited for TAR 34!
Old-school TAR teams I would love to see return:
Team Guido (TAR1)
Rob & Brennan (TAR1)
Blake & Paige (TAR2)
Flo & Zach (TAR3)
Tian & Jaree (TAR4)
Jon & Al (TAR4)
Kelly & Jon (TAR4)
Linda & Karen (TAR5)
Kris & Jon (TAR6)
Billy & Carissa Gaghan (TAR8)
Mama Paolo & one of her sons (TAR8)
Dave & Lori (TAR9)
Fran & Barry (TAR9)
Eric & Jeremy (TAR9 ,Eric TAR9 and TAR11)
Lyn & Karlyn (TAR10)
Nicolas & Donald (TAR12)

Old-School teams for Unfinished Business 2.0
Paul & Amie (TAR1)
Derek & Drew (TAR3)
David & Jeff (wait, who?) (TAR4)
Lena & Kristy (TAR6)
Hayden & Aaron (TAR6)
Brian & Greg (TAR7)
Wanda & Desiree (TAR9)
Bilal & Sa'eed (TAR10)
Erwin & Godwin (TAR10)
Lorena & Jason (TAR12)
Azaria & Hendekea (TAR12)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 11:22:37 PM by NELs »

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
Thought I'd make a 12-team cast archetype list & accompanied route again:
M/M
Grandfathers (early 60s-mid 70s) - Not like your typical grandpas, they are physically fit and cutthroat in competition. Pro bodybuilding past suggestable (think Arnold Schwarzenegger). Will pull the flirting card to get ahead and make young locals from different countries hilariously swoon over elderly men. Very reliable and loyal in general with a prophetic sense of travel, culture, fitness, and food.
Co-entrepreneur brothers (30s) - Business owners of a wish-to-be franchise (that nobody's ever heard of) who are left-brained masters. A tough exterior, but under no circumstance would they be brave enough to do uncomfortable things. They finagle their way out of stuff instead of owning up to their duties. Likely to make each other suffer for their mistakes by dragging out their frustrations pettily.

F/F
EMTs-in-training (early 20s) - The dutchesses of the ambulance! Somewhat overconfident to the point they come off as brash. Are highly skilled in multiple activities and are knowledgeable with world traveling with little experience outside of the States. Come off as incredibly emotional (think TAR29 Brooke + TAR13 Kelly & Christy) whenever their knowledge backfires and gets the best of them. Counting on them to make memorable quotes for titles.
Street artists (late 20s-early 30s) - Urban graffiti enthusiasts who know how to go above and beyond to display well-finished commissioned and public art, climbing walls, traversing ledges, hanging off of lampposts, whatever. Not taggers. Perhaps a little loud and obnoxious in intense situations, but not incredibly overbearing.
Upstate debutantes (early 20s) - Wealthy bachelorettes from Upstate NY. Must have attended fancy cotillions, but are very outgoing and natural within different social environments and less-than-desirable places. Super energetic and entertaining during travel shenanigans with quite a voice together to get their points across.

(M/F)
Dating couple 1 (early 20s & early 30s) - A college graduate from a semi-well known university with a normal stable job dating a tarot reader/hotel bookkeeper/Uber driver/hustler. Who knows what they're gonna bring to the table?!!?
Dating couple 2 (mid-20s) - Quirky podcasting duo who deliver up-to-date news and coverage of pop culture, international affairs, and making entertaining games. Likely the annoying phonies of the season who play to the cameras. They think - emphasize on THINK - they are highly educated and hold a moral high ground by their communications degree and tenancy on radio shows. Nice couple in general with pushy tendencies.
Dating couple 3 (mid-20s) - Interracial couple of a Samoan woman and Alaskan-born man. Quarrelers, but forgive quickly afterward. One is very artistic while the other relies on practicality. They are a disaster in timed situations.
Exes (late 50s) - 50, but still act like 5-year olds on the edit. With the goal of trying out their relationship one more time to prove their family and friends wrong, their plan backfires and they show zero respect, sympathy, or compassion for each other's mistakes and wrongdoings. Voice-crack type of arguers and excessive criers. Hates on local people from different countries for their own mistakes. RFFers and Facebook users would all concur: "The ultimate nightmare team in TAR history"
Married couple (mid 40s) - Russian-American farming immigrants with a distinct dialect who moved to the big city to pursue a new life. Have an extensive photobook proof of their international backpacking vacations. Are mechanically and digitally prepared to handle anything on the race. Their weakness is navigation (think Charla & Mirna), but are incredibly entertaining, perhaps overdramatic, on their way to route markers. Bickerers.
Stepsiblings (late 20s or mid 30s) - Brother and sister duo formed from the foster care system and are the epitome of pure. Sibling rivalry existant, and both are competitive athletically. Experienced emotional trauma and are able to sympathize and empathize for the world around them.
Uncle/niece (late 40s & 21) - Fan-favorite types who are incredibly genuine and entertaining. A rough past and reconnection brought this team together. Uncle or niece has a physical disability that proves to be an advantage for themselves. Adventure-seeking and shows support through tough love similar to a coach during tasks, and aim to be highly competitive on the race.
---
STARTING LINE: Imperial Sand Dunes in Brawley, CA
Starting line elimination task: Unearth dune buggy wheels to clear a driveway out of their sand pit. Steer the buggy over the dune and in the direction of a digital board displaying 100 car door keypad combinations, only 11 of these unique codes could open one of the cars on the lot in order for teams to get their next clue in the driver seat window. After every five minutes, the codes would change in position on the board, some taken off and some added in, but the trick to succeeding is only the combos staying on the board are the real ones. Last team remaining without a car is "stranded" in the desert, eliminating them from the race.
Leg 1 (United States --> India) | San Diego to Delhi, train to Jaipur
Leg 2 (India --> Kuwait) | flight to Kuwait City
Leg 3 (Kuwait --> North Macedonia) | flight to Skopje
Leg 4 (North Macedonia --> Sweden --> Denmark) | flight to Gothenburg, ferry to Frederikshavn
Leg 5 (Denmark) | self-drive through Jutland Peninsula, ferry to Zealand peninsula (Copenhagen Pit Stop)
Leg 6 (Denmark --> São Tomé and Principe) | flight to Sao Tome
Leg 7 (São Tomé and Principe --> Portugal) | flight to Lisbon
Leg 8 (Portugal --> Bolivia) | flight to La Paz
Leg 9 (Bolivia --> Peru) | to Lake Titicaca area
Leg 10 (Peru) | bus to Cusco
Leg 11 (Peru --> Easter Island, Chile) | flight to Easter Island
Leg 12 (Easter Island, Chile --> United States) | flight to Nashville, TN
FINISH LINE:
Cheekwood Estate & Gardens
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
That makes me good where I love your ideas

THE AMAZING RACE 33 ROUTE

STARTING LINE: Huntington Library and Botanical Garden, San Marino, California, USA
LEG 1 (United States → Fiji) : Nadi and Mamanuca Islands, Fiji  | flight to Nadi, sign up a charter flight to Malolo Lailai Island and ferry to nearby islands before heading back to mainland
LEG 2 (Fiji → Australia): Melbourne, Australia  | flight to Melbourne
LEG 3 (Australia): Geelong and Queenscliff, Australia  | travel by marked vehicle across the countryside to Geelong
LEG 4 (Australia → Singapore): Singapore, Singapore  | flight to Singapore; tasks during the night leg inspired by Crazy Rich Asians
LEG 5 (Singapore → Thailand): Phuket, Thailand  | flight to Phuket using a provided Travelocity app to book one of two flights to Phuket with cultural inspired tasks like Muay Thai moves and untying a pontoon raft, plus searching oysters on the sea below
LEG 6 (Thailand → Oman): Muscat, Oman  | flight to Muscat with tasks in rural area outside of Muscat liek steepe mountains
LEG 7 (Oman → South Africa): Cape Town, South Africa  (rural) | flight to Cape Town and drive into a rural countryside (Paarl, Atlantis, etc.)
LEG 8 (South Africa): Cape Town, South Africa  (urban) | drive across Cape Town
LEG 9 (South Africa → Latvia): Riga, Latvia  | flight to Riga; teams would have a bungee jump task in Sigulda
LEG 10 (Latvia → Spain): Barcelona, Spain  | flight to Barcelona
LEG 11 (Spain → United Kingdom): Stratford-upon-Avon and Warwick, England, UK  (via Birmingham) | flight to Birmingham and drive using marked cars to Warwickshire (Stratford-upon-Avon) and finish in Warwick
LEG 12 (United Kingdom → United States): Charlotte, North Carolina, USA  | transport to London Heathrow Airport and travel to Charlotte, North Carolina

FINISH LINE: Latta Plantation Park, Huntersville, North Carolina

5 continents, 10 countries and 34,000 miles with 2 new countries and 0 one-time visited countries with overdue places in Australia and South Africa, as well the state of North Carolina (first visit in the Race franchise)

The reason I posted it that Fiji and Latvia are very overdue. Fiji is in the crossroads halfway between U.S. West Coast and Australia that is famous for being the filming location of Survivor, and Latvia is the one of the Baltic countries remained unvisited in the Race to make the Baltic trio complete. Oman is also overdue that is being unvisited since season 17 and would be the first in HD era.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 08:47:39 PM by claude_24hrs »

Offline TARmap

• RFF Full Member
Starting Line: Statue of Liberty

Leg 1: Curaçao 🇨🇼
Leg 2: Warsaw, Poland 🇵🇱
Leg 3: Sofia, Bulgaria 🇧🇬
Leg 4: Santorini, Greece 🇬🇷
Leg 5: Karpathos, Greece 🇬🇷
Leg 6: Harar, Ethiopia 🇪🇹
Leg 7: Cape Town, South Africa 🇿🇦
Leg 8: Singapore 🇸🇬
Leg 9: Kathmandu, Nepal 🇳🇵
Leg 10: Pokhara, Nepal 🇳🇵
Leg 11: Shirkawago and Takayama, Japan 🇯🇵
Leg 12: Seattle, USA 🇺🇸

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
TAR should visit Liberia someday when it's safe to visit.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline PikaBelleChu

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "Pika-Pika-pi? Pika!"
I wish TAR production should visit here in Iloilo, Philippines. This pic serves as one of the places in Iloilo and should be perfect for putting up a cluebox stand that will lead them to their next task.

Offline Hubickichibi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Lets make a baby
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 04:16:02 AM by Hubickichibi »
Swarm stupidity

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
Gobi desert, underwater caves, ancient ruins, the himalayas, baikal lake, altay plateau, chernobyl ruin and dont forget there still so many aspect in Japan wait to be explored

They can’t go to Chernobyl Ruins anyway because of its impracticality despite using safety gears.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies